That weird, spacing issue...

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I don't know why it seems I'm the only one that has this problem, but here are some screen samples of what I'm talking about.

(These take up a lot of room, so I'll delete them after you guys have seen them)

The Character FAQ & Artist Alley forums look "normal", like this:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/scr ... aqpage.jpg

Most of the forums have "too much" gap like the Cockrum forum:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/scr ... umpage.jpg

Fuzzy Visions & Three-Toed Tales forum has no gap at all:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/scr ... nspage.jpg

And some of them, like the Caption Contest forum, have an extremely big gap:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/scr ... onpage.jpg

Refreshing doesn't help, and it's the same in Netscape or Explorer.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Good Lord, that is weird! I don't know, Andy. I always see things a little oddly since I have Macs, but nothing like that. I don't know what to tell you...
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

It doesn't really bother me and I usually use "today's posts" and bypass the sections entirely.

But it's something to think about because there is something that is causing it. And chances are I'm not the only one seeing it.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i am moving this to one of the public forums, so i can show people who may know an answer, 'cause i don't...
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

I'll add that I've experienced these 'gaps' as well. And I use Opera and Mozilla. But the results aren't always the same. For example, as of now the Cockrum Corner has no space at all (as Garble's 3rd example).

First I was thinking it had to do something with the table's width, and thus perhaps the length of the text in each cell. But I haven't seen anything specific why it behaves why it does.

I thought it was something browser specific before I saw this thread, and as it isn't such a big thing I haven't thought so much of it. But I'll take a closer look from now on...
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Yes i can see the gap also...i have internet explorer 6.0 at work and at home i have 5.0, in both places i have a 600 x 800 monitor...but at home it gets screwed when i check the board..i have to scroll down the sides.
i dunno if you guys see the same as me.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

In the past I've seen the gap (and it has been quite large, like Andy's screencap of Dave's forum), but currently there's no gaps in any forums except a tiny one in Sanctuary for me.

I'm 800x600, MSIE 6.0. I thought the gaps might be because I have such a small screen size with the 800 by 600 setting...
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I know, depending on what browser I use, it sets everything up differently. Spacing and all. I cannot enter chat with an OPERA browser but I can with IE6.0.:scratch...hmmm wonder why?