Help with posts

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help with posts

Post by Gaz »

Oi Bamfette! Hello. I have seen a lot of people (non-administrators) with high post counts and I was wondering if it is possible for you to edit the amount of posts someone has made, because I was quite proud of having posted around 200 or so before the hack and was hoping you could restore that. Thanks! :oops
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Help with posts

Post by Bamfette »

no. look, what does it matter? really? who the fuck cares how many posts you have? you want me to edit someones post number? here, i will go edit mine to zero. happy? i will edit anyones post number DOWN, if they ask (others have volunteered for negative post counts) but not up.
Exodus
Lubber
Lubber

Help with posts

Post by Exodus »

Just make 162 more posts and you'll be at 200. :p It's as simple as that.. Post counts don't mean anything.
:bamf :rogue :abyss :stefan :jillmask
I will reach a positive post count someday!
:austen
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Help with posts

Post by MabusRex »

I have 2 now :andrew
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Help with posts

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Quite a few people have had to start from nothing..its not just you. So just keep posting, and you'll be there! ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help with posts

Post by Gaz »

Sorry Bamfette, calm down. I was just asking a f*cking question. In that case could you edit mine down? Thanks. And thanks for all the humiliation, too. I really needed it.

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Help with posts

Post by Bamfette »

sorry, but i have heard a LOT of whining about post counts in private, you just were the first to say anything in public.

understand my position here. i raise your post count back to what you claim it was before. then EVERYONE who lost posts wants thier posts restored. we lost over FIVE HUNDRED members. and had over FOUR HUNDRED others who were signed up before, who also lost a large number of posts. if i raise yours, i have to raise anyone else who asks, that could be as many as A THOUSAND people that i have to modify thier post counts. if only half those wanted their post counts restored, it is still 500. no thank you.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Help with posts

Post by Northstars Love »

I agree with you Jill. Posts mean nothing. This is not a contest to see who can get the most posts. No prizes are handed out people. Let Jill do her work to get this site up and going to what it was before the hack. Keep up the good work!:)
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Help with posts

Post by hilowey »

I like being a bamf. I understand what its like to work so hard on something and then it all gets erased...
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help with posts

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, i'm sorry. I know it must get tiring, having everyone ask the same thing. i was just curious. i dont really care THAT much. and it had nothing to do with OTHER people seeing it. it was more of a personal acheivment thing.

sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Help with posts

Post by sevati »

Yeah... when I rejoined, I was just beyond member #400. Now last time I looked at the bottom member count before the hack, we had over 1,400 members. That is a lot to lose. We lost in-depth discussions about comics (has something to do with the board), dicussions with Paty and Dave about advice and the comic industry as a whole (has something to do with the board), and game threads (postwhoring).

I had over 250 posts pre-hack, but at last half of them were me being bored in the game threads. I'm quite happy with my current 60-something posts. Why you ask? Because all of my current posts are posts that give positively to the board. About 1/3 of them are reposts of old, actually IMPORTANT threads. They're something to be proud of, I didn't just post for the sake of posting or post to raise my count.

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it. I hate to use the sex-line, but in this case it is F**KING TRUE.

Please, leave the Admins and Mods be. They are still working very hard to re-add what boardfunction edits were lost in the hack and smoothing out code errors and such. And they're only doing that when they don't have work/school.. very busy I hear.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Help with posts

Post by shakspear »

It's really nice to Rule Number 1 being kept by everyone, isn't it?
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Help with posts

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by elizabethnme
It's really nice to Rule Number 1 being kept by everyone, isn't it?

I agree that maybe some of us were harsh to Gaz. But look at Jill's(Bamfette) point. There really is no need to worry about posts. If all you want to do is post to see if you can rack up as many as you can in one day, I think you're doing a disservice to those that are trying to bring back up this site to its former status and to those that are here to have a good time. I'm sure some of you don't now the extent on keeping this site going. Its hard work.And after a hack I can only imagine. IMO, I think all posts should be discontinued or as Bamf Bunny has said in another thread: put it in the members profile.

Gaz we love you. Don't be offended. We understand that you were just asking a question and I think Jill knows that as well. Maybe you caught her at a bad time(we all have them). She's still trying to work things out , hun.:kiss
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Help with posts

Post by lonewolf »

Im with jill on this 1 posts r completely irrelivent to your login status.
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help with posts

Post by Gaz »

I know it's irrelivant. I don't think people with higher posts were better. I just liked to see my own post and i'm sorry i asked. I sound so shallow now. I really didnt' care that much. Hey, could someone give me negative then? I like the idea of that. Sorry, people.

hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Help with posts

Post by hilowey »

*hugs Gaz* Don't worry about it. I'll even do that negative thing too. It looks cool.
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Help with posts

Post by NightPoofer »

Originally posted by Bamfette
no. look, what does it matter? really? who the fuck cares how many posts you have? you want me to edit someones post number? here, i will go edit mine to zero. happy? i will edit anyones post number DOWN, if they ask (others have volunteered for negative post counts) but not up.
Bamfette said a naughty naughty word! I'm fine with my post count. I think I like 4 stars! Can I get a negative # and still keep my stars? I like the #-666 :LOL... 666... those are devil numbers!