connection problems juli 2009

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I have not been able to reach the site in the last 3 days. Is it just my connection, or have more people had these problems?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

It must be your connection...I just got on fine. I hope it works now!
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I've heard one report from Germany, one report from Belgium. I'm thinking there's a geographic problem caused by a core router being dropped, but I'm surprised it's lasted this long. I have no status updates from the host.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I was conviced it was the 'Scrawlers server, because everything else worked fine....Exept for Wikipedia, which worked very slowly. Anyway, I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a repeat of the great breakdown of 2005...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

If this happens again (Elwing or Starfish), please e-mail me the message you get. Starfish reported a 404-type error which made no sense but could be indicative of some regional proxy breaking down. I understand the problem is resolved, but I didn't do anything and I'd like to be better able to handle it should it happen again. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.