Having trouble with avatars.

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

I'm not sure how to get to my profile page. Also, could someone please help me to get an avatar? I've found a picture that I really like and would be happy if it were part of my screen name. However, I don't know how to attach it, of if I even can attach a picture not from this site.

If anyone is able to help me, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks! :D

(I know that this is probably not the first topic like this, but I can't seem to find one to answer my questions. Sorry)
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hey October. You get to your profile page by selecting 'User control Panel' that is up in light yellow print below your 'logged in as octoberholiday' section. [Logout - U2U - User Control Panel] If you click on that you can edit away.

Now to get an avvy you need to upload your picture to another server like photobucket or the like and then take the link and put that in the section in your user control panel where it asks for it. And then...voila - you have it. Hope that helps you.

No worries, I had no fricken idea how to do it either when I first got here.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Cool, thanks a ton. ;)
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Also, you can use any one of our avatars by clicking "Avatar Gallery" below the site banner. Please keep in mind you will not be able to use avatars larger than 100x100. But it looks like you've already got the avatar you want set up, and that's great.

Cheers!

-HoodedMan
Technical Administrator
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Yeah, but I don't really like my avatar. It's too small. I just can't seem to find one that is 100x100 that isn't lame. I don't know where to get them.

I think I'll check out the Avatar Gallery, then. Maybe I'll find something there.

Oh, if I do find something in the AG, how to I get it onto my profile? . . . .

Never mind, I figured it out. Well, thanks to everyone for all the help. :D

[Edited on 2/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]