Bamfete!! The chat doesn't like me!

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

IT own't let me in, everytime, i get sent back to the sign in thingy, and it's soo confoosing. I'm bad with internet stuff i'll admit, but I've never had this much trouble wiht a chat room. WHat should I do? :ooh:
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i hear you use AOL, and this may be the reason, i'm afraid... AOL can do funny things to things like chat rooms. you are not the only one to have problems, Slarti can't get in either. but i can't say exactly what the problem may be without being in your positon. sorry :(

plus Bamfman, from what others have told me of your situation and something i think you may be doing because you registered a new username on the board when trying to get into chat some other time... usernames in Chat are NOT the same as in the forum, they are COMPLETELY seperate. if you are registered on the board, that does not mean you are registered to chat. you do NOT need to be a member of the board to chat, you do not even need to register in the chat room to chat. all registering does is prevent other people from using your name, and you get a lil icon thing beside your name. that's it. so try signing in and leaving the password field blank and see if that helps.

if anyone else has problems, post them here with details about your computer and internet provider, and we'll see if we can work it out.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ahhhh that may be it.....i'll try
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

allright Bamfman, we've got it figured out i think. Lonewolf had the same problems as you, and he is an AOL user too. the problem IS the AOL browser. go download the Internet Explorer browser and use that, and you will be able to chat, that's what he did and i'm chatting with him right now.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I'm on AOL too, and I could never get into chat, I just saw my name on a list as being in there, but nothing else...AOL is mean
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

is there any way to get in there with an irc??
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i repeat the problem is not AOL's service it is the BROWSER. download Explorer, and you should be set to go. Lonewolf uses AOHell and can chat...

other than that i can't do anything about it, i'm sorry. but i went with this rather than IRC because Dave Cockrum and Chuck Austen can use it, and can't use IRC. despite not liking AOL's browser this is more compatable with a greater range of people...
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Ok, I tried to come in and chat last night when you and Ethan and everyone was there, I use IE and have been in Chat before, so I am a bit baffled. It would let me ghost and see what everyone was saying, but not post. Whats up with that?
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

so that WAS you? everybody thought it was the other Pandora :p that happens to me sometimes, too. you usually just have to hit 'refresh' on your browser and it fixes itself