Tech Query

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
karmapoliced
Lubber
Lubber

Tech Query

Post by karmapoliced »

I was just wondering what web language is used to set up and manage this board. Is it PHP based or HTML?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Tech Query

Post by Bamfette »

it's PHP based. we use XMB Magic Lantern 1.6 as a base right now, but it has been through a bit of customizing.
karmapoliced
Lubber
Lubber

Tech Query

Post by karmapoliced »

Is it an easy board to manage?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Tech Query

Post by Bamfette »

pretty easy. i tried PHPbb as well and this one is MUCH easier to customize the look of. there are lots of hacks available too for extra features. things like the quick reply box, the pop-up smiley window, avatar gallery and a couple other little things are add ons, and you have to be able to go to the correct file, find specific parts of the code and modify them to add those... but if you can live without the bells and whistles (and believe me i have barely scratched the surface of what is possible in terms of hacks and modifications) everything can be modified from the administrator control panel.

unfortunatley it is not available for download at the moment, because they *just* released a new version and it wont be available to the general public for a little while, they are releasing it to thier paying customers first. (the board IS free, but you get some extra tech support and stuff if you pay em)