THE NIGHTSCRAWLERS VALENTINE'S/ST. PATRICK'S DAY WRITING CHALLENGE (FEB/MARCH)!!! Last Day March 22!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

THE NIGHTSCRAWLERS VALENTINE'S/ST. PATRICK'S DAY WRITING CHALLENGE (FEB/MARCH)!!! Last Day March 22!

Post by Rowena »

Hi everyone! :wave Welcome to another exciting edition of the Nightscrawlers Bi-Monthly Writing Challenge!!! The challenge for February/March is a theme challenge and, of course, it’s open to anyone and everyone who likes to write! :D What’s the theme, you ask?

VALENTINE’S DAY!

With this theme in mind, write a Nightcrawler story (it can be anywhere from 1 to 14 pages long and can feature any character(s) you like) using the 14 words in the WORD LIST below, which you must indicate in bold within the text of your story. You can use them in their singular or their plural form, as nouns or verbs if applicable, and you can use them more than once if you need to, although each word will only count once no matter how many times you use it.

WORD LIST

Valentine / Patrick
Price
Stone
Casket
Heart
Rose
Art
Solution
Mirror
Strike
Bake
Rag
Spirit
Love

The tone of the story is completely up to you. Using these words, you could create a thoroughly romantic tale, where maybe Kurt is afraid he’s going to strike out trying to learn the art of love but finds a solution in the end. Or, maybe you have something more devious or sinister in mind. Perhaps the solution is actually a chemical solution—a love potion a secret admirer bakes into some baked good, or injects into a wine casket, or sprinkles on a rose. Or maybe it was only the baker’s chocolate soufflé that rose. You see, the possibilities are completely up to you! :D

The DEADLINE for this challenge is 11:59 PM on Saturday, March 22. Any entries must be posted before that time in order to be listed in the poll that will determine the winner. Please post all entries in the main FV&TTT forum as you would any other story, just be sure to indicate in the story’s TITLE that your entry is part of the FEB/MARCH WRITING CHALLENGE.

Example: Story Title (Entry for Feb/March Writing Challenge)

As in previous writing contests, the winner of this challenge will be awarded a special banner that will link directly to his or her story. :D

So, please give this challenge a shot. And above all, have fun!!! :D

:bamf

[Edited on 21/1/2008 by Rowena]

[Edited on 14/2/2008 by Rowena]

[Edited on 14/2/2008 by Rowena]

[Edited on 22/3/2008 by Rowena]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi everyone!!! Happy Valentine's Day! :love I hope at least some of you are considering an entry for the Feb/March challenge. The deadline may be in March, but Valentine's Day stories are good all year round. ;) And, I was thinking, this challenge could also be good for a St. Patrick's Day themed fic if you'd rather it be more March-ey. You could switch the word Valentine for Patrick. In fact, I'm going to put that option on the Word List.

So now, you can enter a Valentine's Day or a St. Patrick's Day themed story! Just remember, the deadline's March 22. If you have any questions, please let me know!!! :D

:computer
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi everyone! Don't forget: tomorrow is the last day to submit an entry for the Feb/March Writing Challenge! If anyone needs more time, please let me know. If not, thank you so much to everyone who's entered!!!!!!! Thanks to you and your fantastic stories, this challenge really seems to be shaping up to be the best one yet! Good luck everyone! :D

:bamf
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot