A whole new fic

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

:wave Hi! I'm new. I'm trying my hand at writing a Nightcrawler-centric fic. I have no idea how good this will be. I have the first part here (kinda like a prologue). Any advice will be lovely. Also, since I have a lot of OCs in this, please help me from making any of them annoying Mary Sues.

Basic plot - Nightcrawler meets seven very interesting people who call themselves by the Seven Deadly Sins.

Prologue

Nightcrawler and the Seven Deadly Sins

Nightcrawler felt his whole world explode in white-hot pain. It radiated from his side and tingled through his body. His vision blurred as the pain intensified. All he could think of was to get back to the Institute and have someone look at the wound.

He staggered in the snow, his blood marring the perfection of the wintery world. He knew he was dying, and he was so far from home. He didn't want to die alone.

“I'm only a few quick ports to home,” he whispered, pressing his hadn even more firmly into his side. His breath was ragged as the pain throbbed through his body. He stumbled, landing on his knees in the snow. With a quick prayer on his lips, he vanished with a BAMF. All that was left was a pool of blood and the smell of sulfur.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Logan threw his coat over the chair in violent disgust. There were times when he questioned his decision to fight on behalf of the humans. It didn't seem to matter what he did, they only saw a dirty mutant. There were days when he thought of walking away from it all, letting the humans get over run by Magneto and his Brotherhood of Blood. It would serve them right.

Growling, he stalked into the kitchen and grabbed a cold beer from the fridge. He frowned as he took a huge gulp. It was that weak, watered down shit that Scott insisted on getting. That man was such a wimp.

“Hey, Logan! What the hell happened?”

Speak of the devil. Wolverine turned to see Scot Summers storming into the kitchen. The younger man's eyes were hidden by red glasses, the anger radiating off him. Nonchalantly, Logan took another gulp of his beer.

“What has your panties in a bunch?”

“Where have you been? Ororo tried calling you over a disturbance earlier today. Jean couldn't seem to get a lock on you either,” Scott snapped.

Logan shrugged. “I went out, had some fun. No one died.”

“Then where is Kurt? He left to find you.”

“I haven't seen the elf. Have you tried contacting him through the comlink?”

“Of course we tried.” Logan turned when he heard Jean's voice. His anger at Scott and the humans faded a tad at the sight of the beautiful redheaded woman. “He's not responding.”

Logan frowned. “That's not like him. It's not like he can't get out of jam. He can always teleport back here.”

Jean shook her head. “Something's wrong. I tried contacting him, but all I got was a brief flash of pain and then something interupted me. I can't find him.”

Logan slammed the beer down and stalked out of the kitchen. “Keep trying. I'll go looking for him.”

“Keep your comlink on!” Scott yelled.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxxX

Uh, what is it that they use to communicate?

Been edited

[Edited on 9/12/07 by Amamelina]
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum. Cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

A whole new fic

Post by wingyding »

One question: why would they refer to each other in codenames when they're not on a mission? I think it'd sound a bit more plausible if they used given names.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

I admit, I know next to nothing. I can fix that. Thanks!
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum. Cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

A whole new fic

Post by wingyding »

It's a really good fic for a first try. and it'll take a whole lot of looking over stuff a zillion times before it gets to where it's perfect. But it will get there.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Fixed it. I should have the next part up by friday. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I'm a perfectionist. I've never tried a fiction in anything as vast as the X-men universe (my God, have you seen how many realities there are?). Any advice is helpful. Thanks again!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

A whole new fic

Post by Feuerstein »

Youv'e got a good start! It's definitely good to start out with something compelling (like danger!) to draw your readers in. I'm already itching to know what'll happen to 'Crawler. (FYI, Feuer is wont to indulge in the Sin of Exposition... so I admire your dramatic start. XD)

Don't give up! It's a great start! Wingy's advice is good :) Keep writing, that's the best way to improve.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

A whole new fic

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Cool :) First fics can be daunting. Come into chat anytime and someone (or many) there will be willing to share all their x-info I'm sure.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

thanks all. I'm working on the next part now. Friday is my goal. I have more time this week to work on it since my classes end either this week or next. I'm going to introduce my OCs soon.

Oh, and fourpaws, I love your mood saying. It's cute!
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Ok, so I worked fast. Here is the next part. Critics are very welcomed.

Ch. 01

Kurt Wagner, the Incredible Nightcrawler, moaned as he slowly came back into conciousness. The first thing he was aware of was that his side felt like it was on fire. The second thing was that he was lying on his back with his hands chained to a bed and he was blindfolded. Fear gripped him as he tugged on the chains.

“Stop that! You'll hurt yourself again!”

Kurt stopped, trying to turn his head towards the sound of the lady's voice. She didn't sound angry, just worried.

“Who is dere?” Kurt called out. “Vat do you want vit me?”

The bed sagged slightly as the woman sat down. “I want you to stop fussing. You'll tear your stitches again. Mike – uh, Wrath said this was for your own protection. You were tossing a lot and we can't keep sewing you back together.”

“Who are you?”

“I'm. . .” She had to think for a moment. “I'm Lust. At least, I think I am.”

“Vat do you mean, you think you are?”

Kurt could almost hear her shrug. “Wrath doesn't know if he can trust you, so we were told to use these names. I don't like them, though. He already knows someone named Lust. I never met her, but no one likes her.”

“Vere am I?”

“Home, safe. We won't hurt you,” Lust said. “Hey, are you hungry? I brought you some food.”

“Untie me, please. If you mean me no harm, untie me.”

The girl ignored his request and starte positioning him to sit upright. Kurt groaned as pain shot through his body. When she leaned close, he could smell strawberries.

“What is your name? You know mine,” Lust said.

“Kurt. You can call me Kurt.”

“Well, Kurt, say 'ah'.”

“At least remove the blindfold,” Kurt said before a spoon was gently pushed into his mouth. He swallowed the hot liquid quickly. He hadn't realized how hungry he was until he tasted the food.

“I can't do that either. Wrath will get mad at me.”

“Damn right I will!” Kurt jerked in surprise at the man's angry voice. He felt his bed jump as Lust was startled too. This had to be the one she called Wrath.

“What do you think you're doing? I told you not to talk to him! We can't trust him!”

“I think we can. Why would he hurt us?”

“We don't know him. What if he leaves here and goes to his friends. They'll come here, Lust! You know they will. And then, we'll be separated! They'll take you away from me. Is that what you want!”

“No,” Lust muttered, her voice thick with tears. “I don't want that.”

“Give Envy the soup. She'll feed him from now on.”

“Should I also take him for walks?” Another woman's voice sounded, this one edging on anger.

“I don't care. Sis, come on. I want you to stay away from him.”

Lust got up, causing the bed to shift again. Kurt heard her leave the room, crying. There was a sound of disgust and the door slammed shut.

“You still hungry,” the second woman, Envy, asked.

“I am,” Kurt answered. “Please, vat is going on?”

The bed dipped down again. “Wrath doesn't want any of us talking to you until he gets a chance to figure out if you're friend or foe.”

Kurt let her spoon him some more soup. It was good, mostly broth. He let the silence drag on as he tried to hear what was going on. He had no idea where he was. His last memory was trying to port home. Something must have gone wrong.

Envy shifted slightly, placing her lips by Kurt's ear. “Look, I also think we can trust you. I'll talk to Wrath, ok. He's just very cautious. It takes him a while to trust.”

“Why? I swear, I mean no one any harm. I know vat I look like, but I vill not harm anyone.”

Envy laughed. “Hon, it's not your looks. Trust me on that. Mutants are welcomed here.”

“Then why? I vish only to go home.”

“As I said, Wrath has a problem with trusting. Something that happened when he was a kid. He and Lust have been on their own for a long time. There are times when I think he doesn't trust me,” Envy said. “I think he's scared of losing her.”

With that, the bed shifted and he heard her leave. He sat there for a long time before falling back to sleep. The gentle hum by his bed was soothing and he was warm. He knew he was in no condition to port away. For the time being, he'd wait. His friends were sure to discover that he was missing and come looking for him.

He could only hope they found him.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“I got nothing,” Logan growled into his comlink. “That elf could be anywhere.”

“Keep looking,” Jean's voice answered. “I've gotten a few flashes of him, but nothing to where I can pinpoint where he's at. The professor is trying with Cerebro.”

“And nothing? That's strange,” Logan muttered.

“I agree. We should have found something by now,” Jean said.

Logan cursed. He knew that Kurt never made it to him, but he had no idea where the elf had gone. Growling, he pushed the foot-long blades out of his knuckles and sliced at a near by tree. His frustration mounting.

The wind shifted and Logan stiffened. Picking up his comlink, he said, “Jean, I think I just caught a whiff.”

“What did you find?”

“Nothing, yet,” Logan said, heading in the direction of his friend's scent.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A whole new fic

Post by Angelique »

My only suggestion is to avoid writing Kurt's dialog with the accent. It's one thing if a person has a heavy, nearly incomprehensible accent and isn't given very much to say. For instance, in the few instances when I had Rogue talking, ah wrote it out lahk tha-yat, and briefly described the difficulty Nightcrawler had understanding her particular dialect.

You could get away with writing out a person's accent in all they say without driving yourself and your readers nuts or forgetting the accent that way. But the more a character has to say, the more important it will be to simply describe his or her voice and accent, and leave the sound of his or her speech to the reader's imagination. Had I given Rogue a bigger role and more to say, I might have just described her accent and skipped actually writing it out.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Angelique, that bad huh? Ok, I'll keep the accent out. We all know how cool Nightcrawler sounds anyway. I just love German accents. I think it's the sexiest language around.
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Ok, next chapter. I struggled with this one. I wanted to get everyone in the chapter. Some people were mentioned, but they won't be seen until the next chapter. Also, we now will have an idea as to what our beloved Kurt has gotten himself into.

I'm still not 100% happy with this part. So, any critique will be welcomed. I did keep out the whole trying to write the accent. We know how sexy Kurt/Nightcrawler sounds. (I certainly do. I love the German accent. *drools*)

Ch.03

Kurt lay in the bed in utter agony. He had no idea how much time had passed or how long he had been trapped there. He had drifted in and out of dreams so often that he was no longer sure of anything. Several people had stopped by to talk to him, and his bandages had been changed. He had a chance to meet the doctor of this group, a woman named Sloth. It was through her that he learned what had happened.

“We're a family here. Wrath saved most of us. He's been living here for . . . Oh, about fifteen years, now. He and his sister have pretty much never lived in the outside world,” Sloth said in her slow, southern voice. It reminded Kurt of his sister, Rogue.

“I mean no one any harm. Why would he tie me up like this?”

“You startled him, sweetie. You poofed into his sister's room. That man is more protective of that girl then any momma cat I've ever seen. In some ways, he keeps her a prisioner here, too.”

“You mean Lust? I've met her.”

Sloth laughed. “Oh, no, you haven't. You met Wrath's sister, who is forced to use the name of Lust. You haven't met the real Lust, yet.”

“What do you mean?”

“Trust me, if you met her, you'd know what I mean.”

After Sloth left, he was visted by Gluttony (who wanted to know if he enjoyed the soup), Greed (who was just there with Gluttony and warned him away from his beautiful wife), and Vanity (who wanted to see if it was true that he was blue).

Now, he was alone and cold. Sloth had told him that he had the only heater in the whole house, and that ancient piece of junk finally coughed its last. The winter chill crept into the room and caused him to shiver under the thin blanket that Greed had given him.

His ears perked up as he heard the sound of footsteps. With luck, this time, he'll be set free.

The footsteps stormed across the floor and the blindfold was yanked off his eyes. Kurt blinked at the sudden bright light. When he could see again, he realized he was surrounded by five people and the handcuffs were being removed.

The people in the room were varried. A tall man with wild black hair and a scruffy beard glared down at him. An older woman dressed in a faded blue house dress knelt by the bed, poking his wound and muttering low under her breath. A pleasently plump woman and a shockingly thin man stood off in one corner. What surprised him was the figure standing behind the man with the black hair. A woman, with green fur and a fluffy green tail.

“All right, we talked it over,” one man said. Kurt recognized his voice as Wrath. Wrath was a tall man with wild black hair and a scruffy beard. “You can stay with us, as long as you abide by the rules.”

“What rules,” Kurt asked as he sat up. He rubbed his wrists and arms, trying to get the blood to circulate again.

Wrath started to pace. “You don't talk about us, to anyone. You're one of the family now. You belong here. You keep our secrets, and we'll keep yours.”

Kurt nodded. “I can agree to that.”

Wrath smiled and clapped Kurt on the shoulder. “Welcome to the family. You can call me either Wrath or Michael.”

The green lady waved. “Envy, but I prefer to be called Gabriella.”

“It is an honor, m'lady,” Kurt said, giving her a roguish wink.

Gabriella giggled, but Wrath frowned. “Keep that to yourself. She's my girlfriend.”

“Don't be such a stick in the mud, Michael. I love only you, and you know it,” Gabriella said.

“I'm Gluttony, but most of them call me Mama Zoey,” the pleasently plump woman said. “And this is my husband, Greed. Or Joel.” The thin man waved and kissed his wife on the cheek. She smiled and blushed like a school girl.

The woman by Kurt's side stood up and wiped her hands on her skirt. “I'm Sloth, or Ariel. I'm their nurse when they need one.”

“We're a family. We'll always be a family,” Wrath insisted. “Now, you're part of the family. We stick together. We never leave.”

Kurt felt his heart drop at those ominous words. Wrath was crazy. He could see it in his eyes, in the way the others shifted slightly at his words.

The door opened and a girl with blond hair stuck her head in. “Hey, can we come in now?” Kurt blinked. The blond was a guy! A very pretty guy.

“Sure, come on in,” Gabriella said. “I'd like you to meet our two youngest members. The blond is Vanity, or Sam. He's a sweetheart, really.”

Sam entered the room and waved. He turned back to the door and pulled a girl through. She wore a rumpled red dress that looked far too childish for her, her red hair was pulled up in a ponytail and tied with a big, floppy bow.

“Hi, Mr. Kurt,” the girl said. Kurt smiled. This was the one who had said her name was Lust, Wrath's sister. She was younger, probably in her late teens or early twenties. He was beginning to see why Sloth, Ariel, thought that Wrath kept his sister a prisioner.

“Hello leibling,” Kurt said with his most charming smile. “What's your real name?”

“Rachel.”

“Look, buddy, we have some water in case you want to take a bath,” Sam said. “It's not hot, but it's not freezing.”

Kurt blushed a deep indigo. “Actually, I, uh, need to, uh. . .”

Sam grinned. “Oh, I'll take you. We don't have running water, so you'll have to use our makeshift port-a-john.”

Sam grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room. Kurt was pleased to be away from Wrath, but he wasn't that comfortable with this cross-dresser.

“Look buddy, I wanted to talk to you,” Sam said. “Away from Wrath.”

“Just show me the bathroom, bitte.”

“Bitte? What's that?”

“It means 'please' in German. That is my native language,” Kurt said.

Sam grinned. “Cool. Mind teaching us? Some of us didn't get to finish school. And Rachel, well, she's never gone. She can barely read and write.”

“I will do what I can,” Kurt promised. He wanted to help, but what of his friends? What of his promise to be an X-Man? He couldn't just walk away without saying anything to them.

“Oh, one more thing,” Sam said as he showed Kurt the small shack that they used for an outhouse, “I need to tell you about Ella, Lust and Nurse.”

“Who are they,” Kurt asked through the door.

“Well, it's hard to explain. When you meet them, you'll know. Ella, she's five. Lust, well, she's a sex kitten. Stay away from her. Right now, she likes Wrath, but that won't stop her from trying to play with you. She's dangerous. And Nurse hates mutants.”

“Sounds like a full house. Why let someone stay if they hate you?”

“We can't get them to leave if we tried,” Sam said. When Kurt left the outhouse, he told him the whole story. By the end, Kurt knew that he couldn't just abandon these people. He reached into his pocket to get his comlink, and tell the X-Men that he was safe.

His comlink was missing.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Logan snarled at the pristine snow. It had been about two days since Kurt went missing. The trail was growing cold and all they had found was a small pool of blood.

“Find anything yet,” Ororo asked. Logan shook his head, glancing at the regal woman.

“Nothing. He must have ported out. He could be anywhere,” Logan said.

“Has Jean or the professor reported anything?”

Logan punched the nearest tree. “Not yet. I've tried his comlink, but there has been no answer.”

“Let's try one more time.”

“I'm not giving up,” Logan said. “He's out there.”

Ororo gave him a small smile. “None of us are giving up.”

With a snort of frustration, Logan turned back on his comlink. “Kurt? Nightcrawler? Come in, bub.”

Static was all that answered. Logan looked back at Ororo, the anger and helplessness in his eyes.

Then, the static skipped. They both looked at the comlink in Logan's hand as a male voice said, “Hello?”

Logan's eyes narrowed. “That's not Kurt,” he growled. He pushed the answer button. “Who is this? How did you get this comlink?”

“I don't have to answer anything,” the unknown man said. “Who are you and what do you want?”

“Where did you get that comlink,” Logan demanded.

There was the sounds of a struggle on the other end and a woman answered back, “We found it. You were calling for Kurt. Are you friends of his?”

“Yeah, we are. Who are you?”

“Don't tell them,” was hissed by the link. “We can't trust them.”

“Michael, they're his friends. They have a right to know.”

“No, they don't. He's family now. He doesn't need them.”

“He's not like us. He had a life out there. He'll want that life back.”

Logan frowned. From the sounds of things, Kurt was alive. Captured by a bunch of nuts. Probably driving them bonkers with his bible talk.

There was the sound of static again, then the man came back on the comlink. “Look, I don't know who you people are, but I suggest you give up. Kurt is one of us, now. You'll only get him over my dead body.”

Logan felt a sadistic smile grace his lips. “So be it, bub.”
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Ok, a bit more. I promise some action next chapter. I just need some help with something. Can anyone tell me who is in the Brotherhood? Hopefully someone that I can kill off (not much of a spoiler). Thanks in advance.

Also, again, if you find anything that I can improve on, let me know. I know I have a lot of OCs.

Ch. 04

Kurt spent what was left of the day getting aquanted with his new 'family'. Sam's words rang in his mind as he watched everyone, and he wondered if it colored how he percieved them. Wrath was the leader, a man possessed by a paranoia that men would come in the night and take everyone away. He had collected everyone, mutant and human, and gave them what he thought was a safe place to live. He loved them in his own way.

The only ones who could calm Wrath down was Gabriella, the green furred mutant, and Rachel, his sister. Wrath loved Gabriella, it was obvious in the way he smiled and held her tight and kissed when he thought no one was looking. It warmed Kurt's heart to that someone who looked so much like him had found true love.

Joel and Zoey were another loving couple. Joel's mutant powers were the ability to turn ordinary metal into gold. Zoey, a human, had lost everything in a mutant attack. Joel had already fallen in love with the plump baker by then, and saved her from the attack. She never harbored any hate towards the mutants and took to being a mother to Rachel and Michael when Joel brought her home.

Sam was another human. He was kicked out of his family for dressing in women's clothing. It was Rachel who found him and he became a combination of best friend and younger brother to her. Wrath still didn't trust him.

“He keeps Rachel on a tight leash. She's never seen the outside world. Wrath is scared to death of when Rachel starts looking for love,” Sam had told him. “I'm barely tolerated. He first thought that since I feel most at home in high heels and a skirt that I liked guys. When he found out that my clothing choice doesn't dictate who I like, and that I like Rachel just fine, he was furious.”

Kurt was jarred out of his musing by a soft body curling up in his lap. Looking down, he was shocked to see Rachel grinning up at him.

“Hello liebling,” he said, glancing nervously at Wrath. “Can I help you with anything?”

Rachel smiled, making her look younger and beautiful. Her hair was now placed in a haphazared ponytail, as if she had messed it up playing.

“Hi, you must be Mr. Kurt. Lust told me all about you. I'm Ella!”

Kurt's heart slammed into his chest. Sam had warned him that Rachel was four people, but he hadn't thought he'd meet any of the others. Sam told him that Wrath protected Rachel and was the only one who could force her personalities to come and go at will.

“Well, Ella, I'm glad to meet you,” Kurt said. He had to remember, he wasn't talking to Rachel, the twenty-year-old shut in. He was speaking to Ella, a five-year-old girl who knew saw practically everyone as children and was still living in the orphanage.

“I made you this, so you'd feel better,” Ella said. She handed him a picture that was nothing more then colored scribbles. Kurt knew that Wrath only allowed a few luxeries, like Rachel's scented shampoo and Ella's crayons and Sam's few cosmetics.

Kurt took the picture. He was aware of the eyes on him. Wrath looked afraid, unaware that Sam had filled him in on Rachel's illness.

“This is lovely. Thank you, Ella.”

Ella smiled and quickly kissed Kurt on the cheek before scampering off. No doubt, by the time she returned, she'd be Rachel again.

“You took that rather well,” Wrath said. “You hardly blinked.”

“I had some warning,” Kurt confessed. “I was just not expecting that.”

Wrath nodded. “Guess this really makes you family.” With that, Wrath walked away with an air of satisfaction.

As night fell, Wrath had everyone bring their blankets down to the main room and make a crumpled bed. It was cold and their only heater was broken. Wrath declared that they would all sleep in the same bed to conserve warmth. Kurt was a little anxious about this, he had always had his own bed. Even in the circus, he had his own bed. He had to share a trailer with his family, but not his bed.

“I get the spot next to the blue guy,” Sam declared. “I call dibs!”

“Didn't think you liked guys, Sammy,” Joel snorted. “Or was that all a lie?”

Sam laughed. “I don't. I just want to be warm tonight.”

Wrath sighed, “I don't care who is next to whom. It's supposed to be the coldest night yet.”

Kurt took the spot by the end and was surprised when Sam and Rachel clamored to be near him. Joel and Zoey were near the middle and they kept Ariel warm while Wrath and Gabriella were at the other end. It was surprisingly warm with all those bodies huddled together.

Kurt slowly fell asleep with Sam snoring in one ear and Rachel's head on his chest. He could hear Joel and Zoey whispering and Ariel's soft breathing as she snuggled deeper in the covers, her back to Joel and her arms around Sam. Kurt wrapped his tail around Rachel as she was the one without anyone on her other side to keep her warm.

Night was in full bloom when Kurt woke up again. He felt as if all he had been doing was sleeping ever since he was hurt. Now, he was wide awake and he had no idea what had woken him, but his heart was pounding.

“Are you awake?” The voice was soft and feminine. He felt Rachel stir next to him, stretching like a cat. The voice whispered in his ear again, “Are you awake?”

“Ja.”

“Good. Follow me. We need to talk.”

Rachel stood and walked out of the house. Kurt's glowing yellow eyes narrowed as he realized that something had changed again. His first real day with these people, and all the nuts were crawling out of the woodworks.

He slowly got up and followed her, wondering which one this personality was. This Rachel led him deep into the snow covered woods. The snow and ice crunched under his feet and the chill filled him. The stitches in his side ached and throbbed from the frosty air.

Rachel stopped, looking around. She knelt in the snow, feeling around.

“Who are you,” Kurt asked.

“Lust. The real Lust,” she said. “I need to talk to you. We need to clear the air.”

“I'm all ears.”

Lust stood up and Kurt was struck by the change in her. Where Rachel was shy and innocent, Lust was a woman. A sex kitten was what Sam had called her. She was brimming with confidence and fully aware of her own percieved attraction.

She slowly walked over to him, her hips swaying in the most enticing circles. Kurt nearly jumped out of his skin when she wound her arms around his neck. She was like a tiger, beautiful to behold but deadly. He had no desire to be so close when she decided to unsheath her claws.

“I don't think you belong here,” Lust whispered. “You're not like us.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have people who miss you, people who care. You have not been abandoned.”

Kurt tried to pull away, but Lust held on tightly. Finally, he teleported a few feet away so that she would no longer be touching him.

“I'm sure you all have people who miss you, too.”

Lust laughed. “No, we don't. Wrath and I have been together all of my life. Then came Envy and Greed and Sloth. They were all abandoned for being mutants, for being different. No one would have mourned if they died. Gluttony joined us because she loved Greed, and Vanity was forced out of his home. His own parents threw him out! They never tried to find him!”

Kurt hugged himself, trying to warm up in the chilly night air. He watched as Lust paced in front of him, her features warring between anger and pain.

“You have to leave, Kurt. You don't belong here,” Lust stated again. “And when you go, don't look back. I want you to only remember us in a good light.”

“How can I leave when I don't even know where here is,” Kurt asked. “And, if I do leave, I'll come back. I won't abandon you all.”

Lust turned to face him. “No! You can't ever come back! Don't do this to us!”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Rachel! And Ella! They care about you. You fascinate them. They'll be devistated when you leave,” Lust said. “I'm fighting all the time to keep them from hurting, but I can't do it all the time. I can't!”

“Then, I'll stay,” Kurt said. “I'll stay and I won't leave.”

“You mustn't stay! You don't belong here,” Lust insisted.

Kurt was confused. “You want me to leave, but that will hurt Rachel and Ella. However, you want to protect them and not let anything hurt them. These two desires are in conflict.”

Lust walked up to him. “I know what's best for Rachel and Ella. I've been protecting them for years. Not even Wrath knows how well I protect them. And, I know what's best for you, my dear Kurt.”

She reached out and gently stroked his cheek. Kurt flinched under her touch. He did not want this personality to touch him. Her eyes were not kind and she had a habit of making him feel as if he were on display.

He felt her slip something in his hand before she turned and walked away. “You have to leave, Kurt. If you don't do it on your own, I'll make you.”

He watched her leave, and wondered how the others in that househould dealt with Lust. Finally, he looked down at his hand.

She gave him back his comlink.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Logan was ready to destroy the whole woods when his comlink beeped. He snarled, pressing the talk button.

“What is it now!”

“Herr Logan? Is this a bad time?”

Logan felt as if he had been punched in the gut by a meteroid. After two days of searching, the elf finally calls him back! It was the sweetest sound in the world!

“Kurt! Where the hell have you been! We've been worried sick about you!”

“I am sorry. I had an unfortunate run in with your friend, Sabertooth. I am all right now, but I fear I do need some help.”

“Yeah, we know. You got captured by some nutjob. We talked to him,” Logan said. “I think his girlfriend called him Michael.”

There was a sigh over the comlink. “Herr Logan, I'll turn the tracker on. Please, do not scare these people too much. They are innocent.”

“Sure thing, elf. I'll get the others.”

“Oh, one more thing, Herr Logan,” Kurt said. Logan could hear the hesitation in his voice.

“What is it?”

“Would the professor be upset if I brought home a few new friends?”
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Next chappie. I have no clue what chapter I'm actually on. I think four.

In the morning, Kurt helped Zoey make breakfast. Nothing fancy, just some watery oatmeal. Sam and Rachel convinced Kurt to come out with them and have a snowball fight.

“You don't know what you're asking,” Kurt protested.

“Please, Mr. Kurt,” Rachal pleaded. “We promise to go easy on you.”

“Yeah,” added Sam. “I'm the undefeated champion of these parts.”

Kurt smiled. “Well, mein Junge, prepare to be defeated.” He took their hands and went outside. They split up and had a moment of time to make their ammo before the call to battle was given.

“No fair!” Sam cried as he was pelted with snowballs. “You can't use your tail!”

“It's all fair in love and war,” Kurt replied.

Rachel laughed and tried her best to bury the guys in snow while Sam and Kurt concentrated more on each other then hurting her. If she noticed it, she never said a word.

Kurt swung himself up into a tree with his tail, a snowball in each hand. His golden eyes focused in on Sam, ready to unthrone the king. He raised his hands up, aiming for the boy's back. Just as he was about to throw his snowballs, something hard and fast knocked him off the tree branch.

He landed in the snow with what felt like a boulder on top of him. Looking up, he gasped.

“Sabertooth!”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Rachel screamed as the monster lept from the trees and tackeled Mr. Kurt. He was her friend, and this creature thought to attack them. She ran forward, pushing past Sam to reach her blue friend.

“Rachel, no!” Sam cried, reaching out to stop her. But, it was too late.

She pushed against the monster. “Get off of him! Sam, get Michael!”

“That was foolish, girl,” the monster growled. He swiped out one large paw and Rachel went flying. She landed in the snow, her body felt like it was on fire. Looking up, she could see red mixed in with the white snow. It was so pretty.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

BAMF!

Kurt teleported away from Sabertooth, landing next to Sam. “Get Rachel and get out of here. Get the others and run. Don't look back.”

“No way, buddy. We're not leaving you alone with that!” Sam protested.

“Get going! This is my fight!”

Sabertooth laughed. “Truer words never spoken, X-Man. I thought you would have died long before now. Guess I get the pleasure of watching you die.”

Sabertooth lunged forward and Kurt pushed Sam out of the way. He tried to dodge the attack, but the evil mutant was on him before he could teleport away. Kurt screamed as he felt claws sinking deep in his blue flesh.

“I'm going to enjoy this,” Sabertooth snarled.

“Not as much as I'll enjoy this,” came Gabriella's voice. The next instant, green daggers rained down, piercing Sabertooth. The mutant howled in pain.

Kurt BAMFed over to Gabriella. He was surprised to see the rest of the 'family' behind her, angered and ready to fight. Did they not know what they were getting into?

“You need to get away! He'll kill you all,” Kurt cried.

“Is this the one that hurt you,” Ariel asked.

“Yes, but you don't understand how dangerous he is,” Kurt said.

“He hurt you. That is unforgivable,” Wrath declared. “No one hurts my family.”

Sam cried out, “He hurt Rachel!”

Wrath's face grew red in anger. “For that, he must die.”

“It won't be that easy, boy,” Sabertooth said, licking the blood from his claws.

“Indeed, it won't. After all, you're now out-numbered and out-classed.” Kurt turned to see Magneto and some of his evil Brotherhood standing in the woods.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Lust struggled up from the snow. She hurt all over and felt dizzy. She could see red everywhere.

Looking up, she could see her Wrath and family fighting against a group of people. And they were losing. All they could do was dodge the attacks and the snow was rapidly growing redder. Her Kurt was held hostage by the monster that had jumped out of the woods, his blue arm in an unnatural angle and his head lolled to one side. She prayed that he was unconcious. She'd be very upset if her Kurt was dead.

“Rachel, don't move.” Sloth said, kneeling by the fallen girl.

“I'm not Rachel,” Lust snarled. “I look nothing like her. Are you blind?”

Sloth hesitated. “Sorry, Lust. My mistake.”

Sloth helped her up, pressing against the marks on her body. Lust wondered briefly how she had been hurt. She knew Rachel had been cut, but why was her body bleeding? This made no sense.

“What is going on?”

“We are currently getting severly beaten,” Sloth said. “Come on, you need help!”
Lust leaned against Sloth watching the fight. She could feel her powers just beneath her skin, just waiting to be used. She looked again at those near by, picking which one she'd use first.

Pushing away from Sloth, she walked up to the man holding her Kurt. A plan formed in her mind. She would turn the tide of this battle and maybe she'll keep her Kurt.

A disgusting green sticky strap wrapped itself around her waist and yanked her off her feet. She tumbled to the ground at the feet of a man with strangly sickly green skin. The strap had been his tongue.

“Now, now, girlie. What were you thinking,” the man sneered.

Lust smiled. “Well, you'll do then,” she said and grabbed his face. Skin to skin and her power rushed out.

Now, come on and review. Either I'm so awesome that everyone's struck mute in my mere pressence, or I suck horribly that no one wants to hurt my feelings. Really, a note would be nice. I'm feeling lonely. :puppy
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Next chapter. Please, please, please comment. I'll cry if you don't. And it's not a pretty sight. My nose get's blochy and red, my face get's puffy. I'm damn ugly when I cry.

Ch. 05

Toad stared at the girl in front of him. He couldn't believe he had just been thinking about killing her. That lushious red hair, that soft skin, those beautiful soulful eyes. . . How blind had he been? He couldn't kill this goddess! She was his everything!

“My love,” Toad whispered.

His goddess smiled at him. “I want you to do something for me. Do it, and I'll reward you beyond your wildest dreams. Fail me, and I will be very, very disappointed in you.”

“I will do anything for you, my love.”

“Protect me.”

So had his goddess commanded, so Toad shall. He leapt up and turned towards the fighting. He knew that Magneto and his Brotherhood were there to take or kill the new mutants. His goddess was among them. He could not let Magneto win!

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“The signal is coming from this direction,” Logan growled. He could practically smell the elf now. The smart preacher had turned on his tracker. Now, they could easily find him and bring him home.

“Do you think he'll be all right,” Rogue asked. Her southern accent caused her to draw out her words and clip a few of them short.

Logan glanced back at the slender Southern girl. Having Kurt missing had been hard on her. Rogue and Kurt were like brother and sister. Rogue's foster mom, Mystique, was Kurt's biological mother. Since they found out the truth, the two had been nearly insepperable. Rogue wanted to know all about Kurt's past, and Kurt was curious about the person his sister had been.

“I think he's fine,” Logan said. “He said he was fine, at any rate.”

“Fine fine, or Kurt fine?” Rogue asked. “Cause, that boy can be skewered on a pole and he'll still tell you he's fine.”

Logan snorted. “He's fine.”

“Something's wrong,” Jean said. Logan and Rogue turned to see the telepath with her hands to her head. Scott hovered by her like a mother hen.

“What's wrong?” Logan asked.

“I'm getting something. Whatever was blocking me before is missing.”

From somewhere in the woods, they heard a scream. “MICHAEL!”

“This way,” Scott cried. He darted off towards the scream, and towards where Kurt's tracker was pointing them.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Gabriella screamed as she saw Michael fall. There was nothing she could do as he crumpled to the ground in a bloody heap. She could hear Rachel screaming over and over again.

“Looks like this is over,” the leader said. Gabriella watched as he stood over Michael. “Poor human. This is what happenes when you oppose me.”

“Stop this! All we wanted was to be left alone,” Gabriella cried. “Don't hurt him!”

“Michael! Oh, God, he's bleeding! Ariel, help me!” Rachel knelt by her brother's still form, her hands pressing against his wounds.

The strange leader raised his hand, either to swat Rachel away or hurt her as he had done to Michael, Gabriella would never know. Out of seeminly no where, one of his henchmen jumped on top of him.

“Get off, Toad! What has gotten into you!”

“No one hurts my love!”

“Oh, God,” whispered Gabriella. “She's touched him.”

It seemed to Gabriella that all hell broke loose then. From the woods came a group of five adults. When they saw the first group, it was instant loathing.

“Wolverine,” snarled the monster that held Kurt.

“Sabertooth,” growled a short man dressed in yellow and blue. He brought his hands down and three foot-long blades grew from his knuckles on each hand.

“I do believe it's time we left,” the leader in the maroon said as he threw his henchman away. “We will see you all again.”

“Don't leave on our account,” the bladed man said.

It was too late. The group made a hasty retreat, leaving many of Gabriella's family bleeding. The new group eyed the damage before heading over to where Kurt had been dumped. It was clear who was their first priority.

Gabriella crawled to Michael's side. Rachel was in hysterics and her newly touched victim was trying to offer support.

“Rachel, I need to speak to Lust,” Gabriella said.

“Wh-what?”

“I need to speak to Lust. You have to let me speak to her,” pleaded Gabriella. She had to find out how to save that sniviling man.

“I don't know what you're talking about,” Rachel stammered.

Gabriella reached out and grabbed her arms, giving her a shake. “Please! I know you don't understand, but she does! I need to speak to Lust!”

Rachel's head snapped up and Gabriella could see the change. “What do you want Envy?”

“You touched that man! How do you fix that!”

Lust smiled. “There is no fix. He's forever mine.”

“Don't touch my love,” the misshapen man snarled. He pushed feebly at Gabriella. She could now see that he had been gravely wounded in the fight.

“Hey, what happened here?” A woman walked over to the group. She was lovely with mocha skin and white hair. Gabriella had once looked a lot like her before her mutation had taken effect. She had that same shade of skin, but had lovely black hair that had been her pride and joy. She felt, for the first time since Michael had found her, ugly.

“My Kurt was attacked by a monster,” Lust sneered. “And then those men decided to attack us. Why, I'm not sure, but it's nice to know that they can be beaten.”

“They hurt Michael. He needs medical attention!” Gabriella reached out and grabbed this lovely woman's arms.

“He's not the only one,” the woman said. Gabriella looked to see that Lust was bleeding too.

“Come on, Storm. Let's get them to the Blackbird,” a redheaded lady said. “We can't leave them here in case Magneto comes back.”

“So, who is up for a trip,” the bladed man asked.

Lust tried to stand, but she faltered. The blood loss starting to get to her. Her new minion jumped up and wrapped his slimy arms around her.

“We'll help them, but I'm not letting the Toad anywhere near us,” the bladed man said.

Lust looked at him, took in his injuries and frowned. “If you did take him, how long would he live?”

“Not very long,” the redheaded woman said. “I'm surprised that he's still alive now.”

Lust turned back to her minion. In a cold voice she said, “Now, my dear, I want you to die.”

Gabriella gasped as the man pitched forward. Lust smiled before she, too, fell forward.

“What the hell was that,” the bladed man cried.
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A whole new fic

Post by german_gremlin »

Hey, I love your story so far!!! I have my holiday challenge one almost done! As for the Brotherhood..you can use Toad, the Blob, Mastermind, Mystique, Destiny, ect...for starters.:dance
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

thanks hon! I used Toad for what I had in mind. Poor Toad, he gets no love. I"m working on the next part (should be up in the next few days).
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A whole new fic

Post by german_gremlin »

I have gotten my holiday challenge almost done!!! I am using a not so famous X-mas tale and i want readers to guess it when reading it!:secret
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Originally posted by german_gremlin
I have gotten my holiday challenge almost done!!! I am using a not so famous X-mas tale and i want readers to guess it when reading it!:secret
I can't wait to read it. Let me know when you post. :)
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Next chapter up. To warn you, this introduces Nurse. She was mentioned as the mutant hater. She uses some derogitory terms. I don't plan on bringing her out very often.

ch. whatever

Ella slowly opened her eyes. She was no longer in the orphanage, but in a large metal room. All around her was her family, mostly laying on thin metal beds. Mikey was next to her, wrapped in white with Gabby curled up by his side like a kitten. Sammy lay on the bed on her other side, talking lowly to a beautiful woman with red hair.

“Sammy?” Ella struggled to sit up. “What happened?”

“You're fine now, Rachel,” the redheaded woman said. “Everything is going to be fine.”

Ella frowned. “My name is Ella.”

“I'll explain everything later,” came Mr. Kurt's voice. Ella turned over to see him walking towards her. His arm was bandaged and he had white gauze over his chest.

Mr. Kurt fascinated Ella. She liked how his yellow eyes glowed and he had a funny way of smiling. She really liked his tail. She wondered if he'd let her put ribbons on it. Sometimes, Mikey let her put ribbons in his hair. Pretty pink ones, that would look so nice against Mr. Kurt's blue, furry skin.

“Ella, there was an accident,” Sammy said, drawing her attention away from Mr. Kurt. “We're on our way to a special hospital.”

“A special hospital?”

“Yeah. You and Mikey were really hurt. We're all going to get help.”

“Mikey was hurt?” Ella's eyes filled with tears. Mr. Kurt wrapped an arm around her, trying to soothe her.

Sammy looked a bit uncomforable. His tiny frame was practically swallowed by the dress he wore and he kept picking at the blanket.

“Yeah, but don't worry. Everything is gonna be ok,” Sammy said. “This hospital is gonna make it all better.”

Don't worry, Rachel, this will make it all better.

No! Stop! I want to see my brother!

Don't struggle. This won't hurt a bit.

Pain! Red hot pain and the smell of antiseptic. Hospitals with long white halls and nurses in tidy white gowns who glared at you as if you were dirt. Doctors who hid behind masks and came in with dripping needles.

“No! No hospital! Don't take us there! Please!”

“Ella? What's wrong?”

“Kurt, what's going on?”

“Will someone shut her up!”

Hospitals are where you find nurses. Nurses in white. Nurses who hate.

Nurses.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“What just happened,” Logan demanded. He had come running when he heard the screaming and seen the girl (Rachel or Lust or something) crying like a baby. The boy, Sam, was trying to calm her down and Kurt looked out of his element.

Then, she went quiet. Like a switch had been thrown.

“Guys, this is bad,” Sam said.

“What just happened,” Logan repeated. The girl's scent changed. She went from smelling like crayons and innocence to antiseptic. When she lifted her head, it was not with the shy look of the child-like persona she had earlier. It was like she was possessed.

She turned to look at Kurt, who was holding her up. In the blink of an eye, she slapped Kurt so hard his head rocked back and jumped off the bed. Around her, everyone was stunned.

“Freak! How dare you touch me!”

“Oh, God, it's Nurse,” Sam whispered.

“Nurse?” Jean asked.

“I'll explain later,” Sam said. “Grab her and hold her down!”

“Keep your hands off of me! Freak! Scum of the earth! Blight on humanity!” Nurse backed up as she verbally hurled abuse on the people around her. She clawed at Kurt as he tried to hold her down and spat in his face.

“Hold her arms,” Sam ordered. “She'll hurt herself this way.”

Nurse hollered and kicked at Sam. “Stay away from me you faggot!”

“Allow me to try,” Jean said as Kurt finally pinned Nurse's arms behind her back. The girl screamed and fought as Jean placed her hands on either side of the girl's head.

“Stop it you freak! Don't touch me! I have rights!” Nurse screamed. She tried to fight off Jean, but the telepath quickly tore into her mind.

Kurt held his breath as Nurse stopped struggling. Jean was still as she stared into the girl's eyes. The minutes dragged on and Jean started to shake. Tears streamed down her face as she sat back, removing her hands from the girl.

“I think that did it,” Jean whispered.

Kurt felt the body in his arms start to move. The head came up to stare at him, tears in those innocent eyes. He knew, before she spoke, who was looking up at him.

“Mr. Kurt? Where am I?”

“Safe, Rachel. You're safe.”

**After this chapter, the action will be at Xaviers. I'll give you a hint of what is to come. Sam (vanity) will have to decide if he wants to confront his family. Ariel (Sloth) will decide if she wants to work for Xavier as a nurse. Rachel/Ella/Lust will begin to heal. And then she messes it all up**
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A whole new fic

Post by german_gremlin »

This story so far is great!!!!!!!! I will post my fic probably..within the next few days. :yechI think it is too long.:(
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Merry Christmas! Here's the next chapter. Therepy begins soon.

Charles Xavier watched as Kurt helped settle the new patients in the infirmary ward. He couldn't help but wonder about this group. They had some how shielded themselves from him and Cerebro. He couldn't wait to get the chance to talk to them.

“They are so different from what we normally get here,” Jean said, walking up to the professor. “I'm used to picking up mutants who are scared or angry at the world around them, but this group was living in their own utopia.”

“They are not so different,” Xavier said. “In a way, they were living my dream. Humans and mutants living in perfect harmony.”

“With one psychopath.”

Xavier nodded, watching as Rachel curled up by her brother's side. “She can't help it. Her mind has splintered and must be fixed.”

“But, you can help?”

“I can. It'll take some time.”

Jean sighed. “Kurt cares about them, already. He's only been missing for two days, and he thinks of them as a family.”

“They are a family,” Xavier said. “I think he sees a bit of his family in them.”

“After what I learned, that Rachel is whole circus in herself,” Jean said. “I got a chance to meet some of the other alters.”

Xavier looked up at her. “And?”

Jean ran a hand through her deep red hair. “And I don't know if I could have lived with her like they can. I can't imagine how it must have been, not knowing who your friend was from day to day. Kurt's only been with them for two days and he can recognize when it's Rachel and when it's not.”

“Well, let's see what I can do,” Xavier said. He kept his thoughts in check, but the idea of helping this girl, of dealing with split personalities excited him. It was a challenge he had yet to face.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Rachel lay in her new bed. They had told her that if there was any change with Michael, that they'd come and get her. She couldn't remember ever sleeping on anything so soft. She snuggled under the covers, feeling alone in the big bed. She was used to a hard floor, thread-bare blankets and the press of many bodies. That was her life. That was all she could remember.

Except, late at night, sometimes she remembered another time. Playing as a kid in a brick building with Michael and other kids. Sometimes, when it rained, she could remember those times the clearest.

Like tonight, she thought. She could see the rain on the window. The lines on the pane looked like bars. Rachel stared at the lines and felt scared. In this place, this safe place that Mr. Kurt had brought her to, she felt scared.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“Welcome to your new home, Rachel,” the nurse said. Rachel didn't like her, her eyes were small and beady. The nurse had steel grey hair, set up in a bun just behind her little nurse's cap. Her lips were a bright red, a bloody slash across her wrinkled face. Always pulled into a frown, as if she were never happy and Rachel made her the least happiest of all.

Rachel looked around her new home. It was a hospital. They brought her here after the incident with Uncle Bob. It wasn't her fault, she swore it wasn't her fault. Uncle Bob liked to come and play with the kids. He brought them toys and candy.

She loved Uncle Bob. He made her laugh and he promised to be her daddy some day. He was good with Mikey, too. When he came to take her home, he promised to take Mikey as well.

“When will you take us home, Uncle Bob,” Rachel asked as he left that fateful day.

“Soon, my little Ella. My little Rachella,” Uncle Bob said as he tossled her hair. “I painted your room today. Princess Pink. You think you'd like that?”

Rachel smiled and nodded. She reached around to hug her Uncle Bob, wanting him to know how much she loved him. He would keep his promise to make them a family.

That was when it happened. All her love came pouring out like lightning and it jumped and crackled over Uncle Bob. There were screams from the ladies who ran the orphanage and Uncle Bob flopped on the floor.

When he stood up, he wasn't Uncle Bob any more.

“Give us a kiss, my Ella.”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Rachel jerked awake in her bed, tears running down her cheeks with no memory of why. She cried into her pillow for the shadows that haunted her mind until Lust firmly shut the door and took those memories away.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

A whole new fic

Post by Feuerstein »

I'm liking it so far, Ama! The tension has risen. I'm curious to see what happens next! :D
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Hey all. I'm gonna be on and off for a while. Hopefully, more on then off. Right now, I'm :sick with Bronchaidis (or however it's spelt). I nearly lost my compy, so if I ever vanish for like a month on end, then you know I lost my compy. *clings to compy*

Anyway, here's the next part of the story. I'm starting to get into Rachel's background. Brownie points if you can guess it. I did research. And next chapter is gonna help shed some light on what the heck was going on when our dear Nighty got hurt in the beginning. Remember, he went looking for Wolverine and somehow got in a fight with Sabertooth? I have a plan, I just hope it works.

Ch. something to do with therepy

Xavier studied the young woman across from him. In seconds of sitting down, her demeaner changed. She was now more confident and slightly older seeming. This had to be the personality named Lust.

“I understand you want to talk,” she purred. “My Kurt spoke very highly of you this morning.”

“I've heard many things about you, as well,” said Xavier. “Now, I understand you go by the name of Lust and you told Kurt that you protect Rachel and Ella.”

Lust crossed her legs, watching Xavier very closely. “I am all that protects them.”

“Then you know what their past is like.”

“I do.”

Xavier smiled. “Good. I want to know about the past. Tell me about Rachel's past.”

“Now, why would I want to do that,” Lust asked. “What's in it for me?”

Xavier thought for a moment. “If I know more about their past, I can help ensure their protection.”

Lust seemed to think this over, her smokey eyes never leaving Xavier's form. It was rather unnerving to have a woman that many years younger then him eye him like a piece of meat.

“Very well,” she purred. “You may get your wish.”

“Wonderful. Now, let's start with the earliest memory you have of them. Tell me about Rachel's childhood.”

Lust closed her eyes as she remembered. “Rachel grew up in an orphanage in Nebraska. The State Home for Foundlings, I believe.”

Xavier quickly noted the name of the orphanage. He knew he had heard it from somewhere before, but the memory alluded him. “Why did Rachel live in an orphanage? Where where her parents?”

Lust settled more deeply in her seat as she pulled from the memories. The deeper in the past she went, the deeper in a trance she fell. “Rachel's parents vanished. She was so young at the time, just a baby. They brought her to many orphanages and homes, but no one wanted two kids. Michael and Rachel were a package deal.”

“That must have been hard.”

“It was. Rachel was always alone until the State Home in Nebraska. There she met Uncle Bob.”

“Who was Uncle Bob,” Xavier asked.

Lust's voice changed, the sultry tenor was gone and replaced by a whispy, dreamy tone. Xavier knew he lost Lust, and it was Rachel who continued the narative.

“Uncle Bob was my friend. He would come by the orphanage a lot, sometimes with toys for the kids. He always said he'd adopt me and Michael.”

“What happened? Did he ever adopt you?”

Rachel frowned, her lip trembling. “No, he didn't. He vanished. I don't know what happened to him, but he left.”

“Is that when you and Micheal left the orphanage?”

“No,” Rachel breathed. “We didn't leave after Uncle Bob went away. There was something else.”

Xavier looked up from his notes. “What else?”

“A room. A white room and the smell of disinfectant,” Rachel whispered. “No! I don't want to see! Stop!”

Alarmed, Xavier started to push his wheelchair closer to Rachel when her eyes snapped open. He stopped, stunned by the deadness in her gaze.

“Good girls don't tell lies,” she said in an even, emotionless tone. “No one believes the tall tales of little girls. If you don't behave, I'll be forced to call the nurse again.”

“Rachel? Dear, come on, wake up,” Xavier said, hoping to reach her with his voice. “You're safe. There is no white room.”

Rachel looked around, but she was not seeing the study or Xavier. She started to scream as she looked down at her hands. She kept screaming until Michael and Kurt broke down the door and rushed in.

“What did you do to her,” Michael demanded, wrapping his arms around his sister.

“I asked her a few questions. We got as far as the white room,” Xavier said.

“Oh, God,” Michael whispered. It was clear to Xavier that Michael knew what the white room meant. He watched as the brother and sister left the room.

“Kurt, stay a moment,” Xavier said. “I need to talk to you.”
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

A whole new fic

Post by Amamelina »

Heck, I might as well post the next part up. After this, it'll get harder to write. I know it doesn't make sense, but if anyone has any better suggestions for Mystique to lure our Nighty out towards the woods, please help me. Or why Nighty woudl be looking for Logan. I made those plot points, and never thought them through. So, this is a first draft. The only points that need to stay are 1. Nighty is looking for Logan, 2. Mystique impersonates Logan, 3. Sabertooth is there and there is a fight (though it wasn't part of Mystique's original plan). I'll edit this post as I think of better ideas.

whoohoo, another ch. (the first draft)

Kurt nervously sat on the couch. He always felt as like a chastised schoolboy when the Professor asked to speak to him alone.

“You never did tell us what happened when you went looking for Logan.”

Kurt was taken back. Hadn't he talked about...No, he hadn't. It had slipped his mind.

“As you know, Professor, I left to find Herr Logan. I tried using the comlink and thought it was Herr Logan that answered me.”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Through the static, a voice answered Kurt's pleas. The blue mutant smiled as he recognized his best friend's voice.

“Herr Logan, where are you?”

“Bzzt....I'm....bzzt....ten...Bzzt...hurry!”

“I didn't get that,” Kurt said. “Where are you?”

Instead of an answer, the comlink beeped. The tracker was on. Well, that made things easier. Kurt took off in the direction of the signal.

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“And what did you find?” Xavier asked. “I know you were hurt, Kurt.”

Kurt shook his head. “I am not sure if my physical wound was as bad as the shock of my encounter.”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

Kurt followed the tracker to a clearing. He found Logan and was not at all surprised to see his best friend fighting with Sabertooth. If there was trouble to be found, Logan could find it blindfolded.

Jumping from the tree branch he was perched on, Kurt swiftly kicked Sabertooth. The element of surprise was on his side and he knocked the oversized mutant away from his friend.

“Logan, come on! You can fight him later,” Kurt said, grabbing his friend's arm.

“You should stay out of this,” Logan growled. “This isn't your fight.”

“What are friends for,” Kurt said.

“You should listen to that traitorous witch,” Sabertooth snarled. Kurt turned and tried to dodge, but the mutant's claws raked his side.

Kurt grabbed on to Logan and quickly teleported them to safety. He didn't have the strength to go all the way to the mansion, but he managed to get away. That was all that mattered.

“What were you thinking!” Logan grabbed Kurt and yanked the younger man off his feet.

“I was only trying to help,” Kurt said. His side hurt and he could feel the blood dripping down his side. “I think we should leave now and get home. I don't have your healing factor, mein fruend.”

Logan dropped Kurt. “I didn't need your help.”

“I know,” Kurt started, but his tongue felt frozen as his friend shifted from the burly, gruff Canadian that he knew to a familiar blue woman.

“Mystique!”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX

“Mystique?” Xavier frowned. “What did she want?”

“I never found out. I teleported away and tried to make it home,” Kurt said. “I was hurt and somehow did a blind teleport to Rachel's home.”

"She and Sabertooth were fighting?"

Kurt nodded. "That does make the whole 'traitorous witch' line make more sense."

Xavier tapped his fingers on his wheelchair. “Thank you, Kurt. I have a lot to think about.”

XxxXXxxXXXxxXXxX