Underneath

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

Uhm. Yeh. The_Hooded_Man gave me an idea in chat the other night, I figured why not. There will, in all likelihood, be more to round this out. As it's only 100 words long.

Underneath
His voice is clear and low, tinted with the German he can't lose. His skin is midnight blue, deep and smooth between the scarring. His face is angular, with eyes placed just off perfect. His mouth is full, ready to split in a devilish smirk, the kind of smile that suits him best.
But he doesn't smile often. His face shows the hint of a mist that hasn't quite evaporated before the sun, the veil of something no one can quite identify. Like a child that's been kicked one too many times, ready to run before he's kicked again.

I told you it was short.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

Continuing on my idea. It remains unfinished, I've yet to think up a good ending.

Outside
He doesn't go outside with the other children. He stays in, sometimes staring at the window for an hour or more. No one blames him; it must be trying to look like he does.
Have you seen his tail? He can see the others talking, and looking up to his window, from where he looks out at them. The thick, pitted glass is almost a good thing. They can't break it. Yet. It stands dirty and grey, like the scrim that forms on cold, January puddles, until they find something stronger.
He might not be able to run then.

Berries and Brimstone
He smells like berries. It's nearly undistinguishable, but he does. It's not soap; it doesn't have the cold smell it needs to be soap. It must be him then. The smell makes her nose tickle for just a second, before the entire world turns smoky for an instant.
They came back to the world in a blue haze, and he still curled his hands around her shoulder and her waist. He didn't want to let go, even after they had stopped so precariously.
She can still smell it on him. He still smells like berries and brimstone.

I hope you enjoy them.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

Yet more. I think I'm getting close to finishing it now.

Nightmares
Sometimes he has nightmares. He wakes in the middle of the night, curled into a tight blue ball, crying with the barest whine on the tail of his breath. He doesn't go back to sleep if he has them. He knows they'll only come back stronger. But there aren't any dark patches under his bright eyes. His skin makes the injuries invisible.
But when he stands in front of the glaringly illuminated mirror, rubbing his eyes with a dark three-fingered hand, he's transported back to the orphanage. Becoming a child again: tortured, unwanted, alone. Frightened.
All children have nightmares.

Faith
He stumbled into the church while it rained. The door was opened just a crack, light filtering in; a single bar that pitched the sanctuary into blackness. He crept in on his toes, gliding in quietly with an awkwardly smooth gait.
As Kurt stepped over the dingy, broken tiles, he saw the crucifix up on the wall far ahead of him, hung with dust and old, silky spiderwebs. He wondered who the man was, to have such a lonely face. Kurt crouched, in his usual fashion, and studied the face for a long time. And he found...comfort. Faith.

As always, hope you enjoy.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

NOTE: this entry is completely unrelated to the story Underneath. Please do not incorporate it as such. I only want to give this little snippet a home.

Untitled
God, his eyes are beautiful...she loves the way his eyes look. The color alone is electrifying, but something about the way they leave an afterglow on the backs of her eyelids makes her shudder.
His eyes aren't the only thing about him, though. No, siree bob. His fur looks like cashmere, and she's bet against herself that it will feel silkier if she could only touch it. But she can't, he's always flitting from one place to another like a moth around a light.
Isn't it strange that he should be so exotic and so handsome? The way his tail curls absently around air makes the hair on her neck stand straight out. His hands....his hands are what intrigues her most of all. The strange shape and dexterity, the utterly erotic thoughts they make her think when he closes them around something as mundane as a pen.
How is she supposed to resist that charm? The intangible something that makes him who he is. It's like a hundred candles are all accumulated in his eyes, the way they light up and show such emotion, almost.....almost a purer feeling than if he'd had eyes like the rest of them.
Oh, so nice. She realizes a second or so too late that he's staring right back at her, with a look of concern etched over his face like acid on ice. Oh damn. Shit, he saw me. She feels a warm blush race across her cheeks and hurriedly snaps her attention back to her paper. She'd be embarrassed, but....it's just too nice a feeling, knowing that for even a second or two, those incredible eyes were looking at her.
She chuckles to herself, wondering idly why he was called the 'Incredible' Nightcrawler. She'll have to ask around and see what ideas the other girls have.

Indeed, it is very, very unfinished. Can you tell I like things to be short and to the point? :)
Wesa
Lubber
Lubber

Underneath

Post by Wesa »

Oh, wow! I am completely in love with your writing. <3 The fact that its so short and yet tells so much is something special indeed!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by Feuerstein »

Ooh Wingy! Phantastich! (That last snippet.) Hmm.... The speaker doesn't know Kurti that well. Could be a New X-men! :die Or maybe Blink! Random thought. Or maybe a RUNAWAY.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Underneath

Post by Rowena »

These are really good. I've personally always found it's much harder to write a short work than a long one--word limits have never been my friend! :D 100 word drabbles are particularly tough, and these are great! I look forward to reading more of your writing! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

Heehee, feuer, you're starting to get into my head. You might want to take the blue pill instead, there, Alice.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by Feuerstein »

:hypno
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Underneath

Post by love_of_bob »

Kurt = sex.
These are all gorgeous.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Underneath

Post by wingyding »

Kurt = sex.
Funny, that's what I thought too.
And thank you for the reviews.