It's been a while..

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It's been a while..

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Wow...It's been freaking forever since the last time I have posted/commented/done anything on Nightscrawlers. *cries*

Anyway, I thought I should just put in a little something. I am still a fan you know. Only, between college and a job, it's hard to get around *le sigh*.

It's been a while since I have drawn a nighty piece, so this will not look like my previous style for those who remember the few and far between pieces I have posted in the past.

Photoshop 3 (too poor to buy any of the new stuff)
Wacom tablet

Disclaimer: Nightcrawler does not belong to me in any shape of form, but this drawing does.

Linkage

I love critiques. They help. I was sorely dissapointed in my college art class when the critiques were along the lines of "hm, that's nice....I like the colors.." and other positive feedback. My highschool class critiques were monsterously, violently brutal compared to it. I welcome critique because it helps me improve.

note before critiquing: I spent 2 minutes on the background, so I know it needs fixing, but tips and hints are great! :D
one name: Bruce Campbell
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

It's been a while..

Post by JSherlock »

I like it a lot! I LOVE the hair. Awesome job on that. I think the profile is really good, nicely proportioned. However, maybe a little more obvious line width variation would help make it stand out? It sort of fades into the background, while his hair and the smoke come to the fore. Perhaps more line variation throughout the whole?

The colours are amazing and well-chosen. My colour perception is off, (red-green colourblind) but I think the red of his costume could be a bit brighter, not too much, as the focus is his face and hair, but it fades too much into the background, without becoming its own element first.

The composition is good, and balanced. The smoke effects is really good.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

It's been a while..

Post by InterNutter »

Say what you will,. I still think that pic is teh hawtness(tm) ^_^ I like it :9 Lots.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It's been a while..

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by InterNutter
Say what you will,. I still think that pic is teh hawtness(tm) ^_^ I like it :9 Lots.
BUAHAHAHAHAA! I'm glad. It's been such a long time since I have drawn him, and using a tablet is relatively new to me, so I am happy with it it some ways.
Originally posted by JSherlock
I like it a lot! I LOVE the hair. Awesome job on that. I think the profile is really good, nicely proportioned. However, maybe a little more obvious line width variation would help make it stand out? It sort of fades into the background, while his hair and the smoke come to the fore. Perhaps more line variation throughout the whole?

The colours are amazing and well-chosen. My colour perception is off, (red-green colourblind) but I think the red of his costume could be a bit brighter, not too much, as the focus is his face and hair, but it fades too much into the background, without becoming its own element first.

The composition is good, and balanced. The smoke effects is really good.
Thanks.

I was rather iffy on the outfit...I think you are right about the brightness, it is a little dull.
I noticed there needed to be more lines. :shifty *detail freak who usually lines things to hell*
Yeah, the background pops too much. I think it could be helped if I go back and highlight certain facial features, and the hair too. I got a comment on how the hair was "marvalously 80's" it was totally my goal, plus his hair is awesome. *sports a similar cut* GYHAHAHAHAHAA :D

I will work on it and hopefully post up the new one for further critique.

Any other critiques are most welcome.
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

It's been a while..

Post by Trigger »

I kinda liked the dull costume...:shifty

Awesome drawing, I absolutely love the hair!:love
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's been a while..

Post by Rowena »

Hi Curlyy!!! I like this picture. His expression is really interesting, sort of pensive. It makes me wonder what he's looking at. The background does look sort of rough, but the colors work and you're right about his hair. It's totally awesome! Cool drawing!!! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It's been a while..

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:*) *glomp* I MISSED YOU! *loved your stories*

All comments are much appreciated. I plan on fixing the background and a few other things...hopefully I will remember to do it:D.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's been a while..

Post by Rowena »

Aw, I missed you too Curlyy! :D :D You know, I've still got that marvelous illustration you drew of that scene in Belasco's Beatrice up on my wall. Fantastic piece of artwork, that. Absolutely stellar. ;) I'm sorry your college class was disappointing. You've got real talent--my mom's an artist, so I can speak with some authority here, sort of--so I hope your professors' wimpy critiques don't discourage you.

I still wonder what Kurt's looking at in this picture, though... :D

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

It's been a while..

Post by Angelique »

Welcome back, Curly! Glad to see you around here again!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It's been a while..

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Rowena
Aw, I missed you too Curlyy! :D :D You know, I've still got that marvelous illustration you drew of that scene in Belasco's Beatrice up on my wall. Fantastic piece of artwork, that. Absolutely stellar. ;) I'm sorry your college class was disappointing. You've got real talent--my mom's an artist, so I can speak with some authority here, sort of--so I hope your professors' wimpy critiques don't discourage you.

I still wonder what Kurt's looking at in this picture, though... :D

:bamf
BUAHAHAHAAHAHAA! He is looking wherever you want him to look. *titters*

Yeah, I didn't let it get to me too much. I had the same instructor twice. I think I scared him. My posts may be a tiny hint about my personality, but really, I am a wild person. In his Lecture class Art 101 I was absolutely quiet and spoke only when spoken to...which I think he favored me and about two other student because we actually paid attention in class. Lol. But when I took his drawing class I let it all out. I talk almost non-stop, and not normal conversation either. My friend Josh would turn the classical station on the class radio, which we dubbed "adventure music" and would make up little stories to go with the music, speaking it out loud in class while making messes with charcoal and ink. That is just the tip of the iceburg too. Our section of the class (the row of tables we were on) seemed to be the crazy side. It was great. *has ADHD* :D
originally posted by Angelique
Welcome back, Curly! Glad to see you around here again!
*huggles* I love seeing familiar faces when I come back. I saw a lot of new one and I was like, "O.O omg who are these people?!?!?" *cries in a corner* But anyway! I want to be on more often, but we will see how that goes. I have an online class, and 3 others for Fall semester...Chem..eeew. I might blow something up...:die
Plus I should be able to be on considering I RP with a friend of mine for about 5 hours a night *sweatdrop* its been going on for 2 years. And I have a job at a dog kennel. PUPPIES!! AND KITTIES! :D

ttyl

EMO
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

It's been a while..

Post by Angelique »

Glad to hear you're keeping busy.

I'm now working as an assistant hotel manager to support my husband's school habit. (He's going back for degree number 3.)

However, I've managed to scrounge some time to write some stuff that I'm pretty sure right now is gracing the bottom of Marvel's waste baskets.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

It's been a while..

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hey Curly, I kept meanting to say hi, but one thing or another...

Anyway, keep on drawing! It's been a while since we were fed :D!

Glad to see you back ;)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

It's been a while..

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*huggles everyone* I will try to serve up the dishes as soon as I can :D