Nacht's super cool FV&TTT Fic challenge #6!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

6th challenge people! We've had 6 awesome challenges! How many more will we have?! GAZILLIONS!

Seriously, if you keep writing awesome, I'll keep posting them!

Anyway, for this challenge, lets reflect on what we know about Kurt. As huge fans, what do we know about his core character? He's German, fun loving, swash buckling, a ladies man, religious...

Lets reflect on this...

Then shove it all out the window...

Because April's challenge is......

BIZARRO!!!

Basically, let's see Kurt acting exactly the opposite of what we know and love ;)..

There is a catch, however. When I say Bizarro Kurt, I don't mean different Kurt. I don't mean AU Kurt. I mean OPPOSITE Kurt. The story you write MUST have a Kurt who's morals, values, personality, even heritage etc etc etc is the exact and obvious OPPOSITE of what we know...

Example:
Sumo Wrestler Kurt? Not Bizarro
Atheist Kurt? BIZARRO!!!

So, get cooking! If you have any questions, you know where to ask ;)

Challenge ends April 30th people! Get cracking! And don't foget to vote for the 5th challenge!

[Edited on 3/4/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Whoo hoo! Evil Kurt may be a fun thing to explore....

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

An opposite Kurt may not be actually evil...he'd just run on a different moral compass...he'd do things for personal gain not because they're the right thing to do...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Hee Bizarro Kurt! This is going to be a fun challenge!

So, he's opposite in personality only? Physically he's the same - and same name too? (As part of the rules?)

What's the opposite of Germany?

(My goal for this challenge is to finish a story - so I'll have to be sure to aim for a short fic rather than the epics I keep wanting to write :shakeno.)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

He looks the same, powers are the same...

And i LOVED your fic, chic! I hope you keep working on it!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Originally posted by chicory
Hee Bizarro Kurt! This is going to be a fun challenge!

So, he's opposite in personality only? Physically he's the same - and same name too? (As part of the rules?)

What's the opposite of Germany?

(My goal for this challenge is to finish a story - so I'll have to be sure to aim for a short fic rather than the epics I keep wanting to write :shakeno.)

Hey, Chicory...the opposite of Germany? Hmmm? The Congo?

Yeah, Nacht! This should be easier! I can find meat to chew on with a negatively poled Kurt Wagner! Now to do it in a day and a half before a 48 hour work week starts!! Hmmm!

[Edited on 3/4/06 by StarChild]

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...gots a question (I've got annual leave this month so I might actually have time to write something)...was he altered somehow, did someone mess with his brain so everyone else is questioning what's wrong with him, or has he always been a complete and utter bastard? Or is that just up to us?

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Completely up to you, Nand ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe he's just fed up from all the writers ignoring him, taking his potential ladies away from him and generally treating him like shit (or is that just how I feel)...

:mad "This being mister nice guy is getting me nowhere...I don't have the figure or sluttish dress-sense like Emma does..."

:emma "Should I be insulted?"

:evil "So I'll just get nasty and uncaring and maybe then I'll get what I want..."

:logan "Works for me..."

Haver
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Haver »

I have this theory that Nightcrawler is actually an expression of the Xavier/Magneto dynamic, which itself is an expression of the historical environment American Jews found themselves within, in the mid 20th century (i.e. that formed the experiences of a great part of the creative talent at Marvel - there was still sufficient discrimination at the time that the historically low paying comics industry was one area that took in a lot of Jews who otherwise might have made their way to more respected writing assignments). Both Xavier and Magneto fight against prejudice in their own way - one working within the system, within the American system while the other works outside of the system for he has lost all faith.

Those two define themselves in their opposition to prejudice, but Nightcrawler (who has also faced prejudice) choses not to let OTHERS define HIM. Magneto obsesses about the injustice he has witnessed, and by defining himself in this way he has cast away much of his humanity and the person he would have otherwise become. Xavier follows the same path to a lesser extent, and we see the strains on his personal life. Nightcrawler, however, does not obsess and therefore remains himself. Also like Magneto, both grew up within an "outsider" community which has since been lost. Magneto has lost his faith, Xavier's is sublimated into science and social justice - but Nightcrawler's faith remains untainted and unalloyed. Finally, I do not think it is by pure accident that his origin is within Bavaria and based within Munich given past historical identifications, nor that his father (by some accounts) was a German lord [there may be an opportunity for some creative date-related mathematics here].

OK, its a stretch, but I think in some ways Nightcrawler, despite his origin and appearance, exists in a mental space outside of prejudice, serving as a response to both Xavier and Magneto, and to the questions Jewish-Americans must have been asking themselves in the mid-20th century, namely: "How do we define ourselves?", and "Can we have normal lives?".

Now I wonder what would be the opposite of that...

[Edited on 3/4/06 by Haver]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

LOL Nandi! that was priceless. Yes do that. ;)

Paws
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Simpson's moment...

:prof "So, Kurt...what exactly are you rebelling about?"

:smirk "What have you got?"

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Bizzaro Nighty

"Do you know what a mutant is, Curt Wagner?" said the bald dude in the wheelchair.
"Dur," said Curt. "Every time I look in the mirror. Or crack a tinnie." He demonstrated with his tail, drinking the XXXX with every sign of enjoyment.
Baldie reassessed his speech. "I'm offering you an opportunity," he said. "Come with me, and you can overcome prejudice and hate."
Curt held his last mouthful and swished it about in contemplation. He swallowed. "Frankly," he paused to belch, "I can't be arsed. Toodles."

[Ah, drabble. How I loves it]
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Insistent tap, tap, tap on computer screen...uh, guys? Tap, tap, tap...Uh, guys? Grabs at Nacht's shirt sleeve while nudging Nandireya in Australia. Did anyone see what Haver just wrote, huh?? :surprise Anyone?? Look up! I have just devolped a new respect for him, since I have never bothered to contemplate Nightcrawler in quite that way, or the types presented by him, Xavier and Magneto. My jaw is on the floor as I ponder the psychological and sociological ramifications of what he has just typed! That was profound...HAVER!!! :faint

Now, uh, back to my question for Nacht...since it is no AU, then something turns him bad? And it can't be a disease? Or something temporary? He just has to decide to go bonkers? Does this take place on Earth 616? It must if it is not an AU. Or a kind of parallel universe? And can we redeem him at the end?

[Edited on 3/4/06 by StarChild]

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Just helping Nacht out with questions here.
Originally posted by StarChild
Now, uh, back to my question for Nacht...since it is no AU, then something turns him bad? And it can't be a disease? Or something temporary? He just has to decide to go bonkers? Does this take place on Earth 616? It must if it is not an AU. Or a kind of parallel universe? And can we redeem him at the end?
Originally posted by Nandireya
was he altered somehow, did someone mess with his brain so everyone else is questioning what's wrong with him, or has he always been a complete and utter bastard? Or is that just up to us?
Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Completely up to you [. . .]
[Edited on 3/4/2006 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Thank you, Northstar...

Yeah, it can either be a kinda AU "Kurts always been this way" thing, or something changes him...permanently..

I kinda am leaning toward making it a "Kurt's always been this way" thing, because I think more interesting than "Whats happened to Kurt? He's chaaannnngggeeeedd!" Is seeing how Kurt could have deviated..perhaps a moment in his life made changed him..like the fork in the road, he took a different path. And with the Xmen, does he have the same friends? Is he even with the Xmen?

The most important part of the whole thing is the deviation. Perhaps one decision he made, once, changed everything for him. Maybe I'm getting a bit deeper than I need to..

Let's put it this way. Write the idea thats going to give us the best fic. But, i would prefer if it wasn't an illness etc that changed him temporarily..i'd like it more to be this is the way this Kurt is...

Come on guys, the word BIZARRO should tell you what you need!
jeangay
Lubber
Lubber
Title: JEAN LUC!!!!!

Post by jeangay »

Curious...I wonder instead of being raised in a circus, my kurt could have been raised by a bunch of beer guzzlin' corn hole pokin' southerners....

yeeee-haw....ya don't know acrobatics, but you can bounce a beer cap with your fingers so hard it can cut skin!

WOOO-WEEEE!
"Phoenix was the best in the movie, I often wish I could turn people into dippin dots." ~Me

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Do that, Jean! That could be funny!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

OK my little chickadees.....

Todays the last day! Tomorrow starts a whole new challenge!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

But I's only gots three pages! New kitten + 'spring' cleaning + head cold = little time or energy to do anything...

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Three pages will still count! Sometimes short and sweet is the best!

Paws
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...I've posted what little I have...

A Different Path...