Hive

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Hive

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

A big part of my work is impermanence. I don't believe in the permanent nature of anything, and like to show that within my work, sometimes to an extreme. This piece was built and intended to only last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so in its perfect form. It was meant to fall apart immediately due to the nature of the area in which is was built. The materials chosen were chosen for that specific reason (though one if quite a bit less biodegradable and had to be cleaned later ;)) One medium is sugar, actually, can you guess what the other is??

The piece was meant to open toward the sun's position at a specific time of day (im pretty sure it was about 1:35).

I really love this piece..its one of my proudest....

Some full pics from two angles:
Larger image

Some details:
Larger image

[Edited on 20/2/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Hive

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Your links send me to microsoft.com
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hive

Ew....let me see if I can fix that....

*sigh* sometimes Photobucket sucks. Click on the "larger image" below each to see....make sure to magnefy!

[Edited on 20/2/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Hive

Post by HoodedMan »

Wow, that is a really well-built and really deep piece, Nacht. I love all of the thought that went into it. Kudos!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hive

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Wow, that is a really well-built and really deep piece, Nacht. I love all of the thought that went into it. Kudos!
Thanks Northstar!!

It's really quite a different experience to be in it than look at the photos, obviously. That's the worst part about installation, its so damn difficult to document! I have a gagillion pics of this piece at different angles and perspectives, and it still doesn't matter...

But I'm glad you like it!! It's def one of my favs...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Hive

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Why don't you explain it for the rest of us? ;) The well-built is obvious though, how long did it take to set up?

I wish I could actually see it. I can't tell if the sugar is on the ground, or on the tape. Or both. Both?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hive

It's both. It took a total of probably 6-7 hours to set up...

If you click the "larger images" thing you can see it better...there's a pic of the sugar on the tape....
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hive

Fixed!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Hive

Post by wingyding »

Wow. That's really deep and really inspiring. I love the way it turned out looking.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.