I wrote a story...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I wrote a story...

Post by bluefooted »

Yep, that's right. I don't know what I'm doing AT ALL!!! But it's been sort of fun. There's no Kurt in it (he's mentioned, but he doesn't actually do anything. Sorry :(

Basically, I do a lot of science writing and, as most of you are probably aware, science writing is boring. So, to get out of my writing ruts, I'll sometimes write fiction. Usually, it's short little things about nothing or random haikus ;) But for some reason, a coherent story started to develop over the course of the last few months. And I've actually gone back and done a little editing - It's shocking!

So, here's the first part of it. Typing it out has taken way longer than expected: I'm actually about 2 chapters ahead in writing, but they need to be typed and formatted. Anyway, any and all crits would be very appreciated. Let me know if it sucks ;)

Passage
main characters: Rogue, Chamber
Movieverse AU: The Mutant Registration Act has been passed. Rogue must deal with the consequences.
rating: will be mature later (though not graphic :P)

Prologue

Chapter 1
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I wrote a story...

Post by Angelique »

I like the interractions between Rogue and Jono, and especially the attempts at describing Jono's facial expressions. I look forward to seeing more!!!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

I wrote a story...

Post by Saint Kurt »

Bluefooted - I feel terrible that I still haven't read this yet. It's not because I'm not interested. I want to read both yours and Angelique's story. Unfortunately I don't have time for any not vet med pleasure reading. I barely have time to come in to make sure Nightscrawlers isn't lying in a burning heap of flame wars each night (though everyone here is so cool that I shouldn't worry).

I have a break this week for Thanksgiving. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to try and find the time. I know how it feels to write something, throw it out there for people to read, and then get crickets. Unfortunately this is a bad decade for me to be providing any kind of constuctive criticism. :)

Even without reading it I will say that if it contains even a fraction of the care and detail that your art does, it's going to kick ass!

-e
Haver
Lubber
Lubber

I wrote a story...

Post by Haver »

If you have the time to read it, do so. This is just incredibly good, with a very easy, flowing writing styleee that doens't get in the way. You're really drawn in to it all, and I like how you do the ... um ... government bit, very realistic really. A lot of times you read a comic or fan fic and wonder what world they are on, but this is definately the one we know.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I wrote a story...

Post by bluefooted »

Don't worry about it Em, I didn't put it up to make you feel guilty ;) I'm in the same boat, myself: working on a silly grant that I've got basically no chance of getting anyway :( I understand what you're going through...

Angelique and Haver: Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated. I'll try to get ch 3 + 4 up soon, but they might have to wait until next week (grant's due :yech)