The FV & TTT Social Thread

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

No, it's not stupid to feel that way, it's really, really not. I feel that way all the time. I mean, when you write something, it's an expression of yourself, and it can be hard to share that, especially when you're shy--and I am terribly shy. It's like, you spend so much time thinking about your story and planning it and writing it, then you spend all that energy working up the courage to actually post it, and then all you can do is worry if you've missed any mistakes, or if anyone will like it, or if you should just take it down before anyone can see it. At least, that's the way it is for me. I've never lost that anxiety, and I've been posting stuff here for a while now. That could be a good thing, though...when you're anxious about something, you try harder to make it as good as it can be. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't be nervous about being nervous. All that anticipatory anxiety only makes the relief/happiness better when you get a review!!! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Oh, nah, Wesa, don't be nervous. Everyone's really cool here, and we love to read new stuff. And hey, myself, I've never really read any of the comics to any great degree. Working on that, though.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Wesa
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Wesa »

Thanks so much guys. ^^; Its good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this about posting a story, even when they are written to be read. So, I shall post it. But I don't guarantee it will be any good...
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Hey!

Hah, I've been on this site for over a year and a half now and I'm only just venturing into FV&TTT now. I feel shamed :D I'm not just here for the RP!! Honest!!

Reading through this thread you all look like amazing people, so I figured hey, why not, I'll throw my pennies into the pot too. Coz I'm like that, and it revives a good thread.

For anyone who's reading my Challenge fic 'Birdies' you'll know I'm not really much of a writer ;) I like to think I've got more of a grasp of the English language then I did have (I 'left' school at the age of 8 - go figure :LOL ) but any of that is due totally to this site and working on the RP - I remember feeling very shy about talking in chat because everyone else was waaaaay cleverer then me :D but everyone was really welcoming, so it's all good.

So. Who is Scum? I'm a London boy originally that's lived by the 'trial by fire' method for most of my life. I'm 21 physically, but probably mentally stuck somewhere between 12 and 16, and have only recently been introduced to the joy that is comics after being 'persuaded' into coming here :D I'm an undergrad student currently studying a diploma in Fine Art, hoping to go on to taking a degree, so I'm much more of a pretty picture person then a wordy one.

Not to say I don't enjoy writing - I do. I prefer doing fanfics with an original twist that let me really get inside a character's psyche, as I have a deep well of emotions I can tap for things like that. But I express things like that better in pictures, and in fact am combining the two in my own comic that I'm attempting to get off the ground.

I don't have a lot of time to work on everything that I want to creatively, unfortunately, thanks to my condition (which I bitch about frequently) and my college work, and am constantly frustrated by the fact I can't seem to ever do anything that I'm happy with, but I think that's the cry of any artist/writer really.

So yeah. That's me in a nutshell :D I'm thinking about maybe doing proper fanfics and actually posting more in here, if I ever get time ><
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hee. You are way too hard on yourself Scum, but awesome post. You are very creative and a helluva lot smarter than you think you are hun.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Hey Scum.

I realized that the first post to this (mine) was in 2005, when I was a brand shiny new forum admin and reading through the old posts, I noticed quite a few posters who are still here. How cool is that!

So, since it was so great of Scum to revive the thread, I thought it would be even better for those of us who are still here to update it with what we're up to now.

Me?

When I started the thread I was a first year vet student. (When I first posted to Nightscrawlers in 2003 I was doing my vet school pre-requisites. I have a Jan 2004 join date because of a massive server crash that turned Nightscrawler's clock 4 months and erased my account. That was before HoodedMan. :) We kick more ass now and I think have 1 year + of uninterrupted uptime. We take it for granted now, but it wasn't aways that way.)

Now I'm in my final year of vet school and as of today am a resident in the teaching hospital.

I was also the first new "custodial administrator" of Nightscrawlers to join the founders Crawler (CrashTofu) and Bamfette. (I say custodial because Crash and Bamfette remain the owners and I've always felt that I "borrowed" the site from them for a bit.) Vet school made it impossible for me to administer the site effectively so now there are new ones and Nightscrawlers is stil here!

And, amusingly, I allude to X3 having Nightcrawler in it. At that time, we'd planned on a new XMen movie introducing wonder that is Nightcrawler to a whole new legion of fans. That didn't happen, but we're still here and we get new sign ups every day. So obviously, Nightcrawler is even cooler than we thought. Not to mention, many of my favorite 'Scrawlers are still here and still active which is well... wow. Not many internet communities have that kind of staying power.

So, what have you been up to these last few years?
-e
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

Damn, Where have I been?

Anyway, I'm a 15 year old girl who was born in Germany( Munich to be exact ) but raised by Americans. I moved when I was 2, so my German sucks balls. I became an X-Fan after seeing the 2nd movie (strangly, I saw the 2nd one 1st, and the 1st one 2nd) and completly fell head over tail for Nightcrawler. My dad saw I liked it and gave me his entire comic book collection, which included Giant-Sized X-Men #1, Nightcrawler (1st and 2nd series), and the Dark Phoenix Saga(just to name a few). I've been buying comics, visiting fansites, and watching X-Men Evolution since.

Hooray! I'm taking German in school! Now I won't sound like a drunk German wench when I talk to my uncle!

I love writing. I usually write stories that deal with people having superpowers, so I like it here. I draw (not very good) and have an addiction to Anime/Manga (my favorites are xxxHolic and Vampire Princess Miyu)
Now that I'm introduced to eveyone, LET'S PARTY :party :beer

[Edited on 6/16/08 by BlueVelvet14]
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

I have some pretty big news!

News Item #1: I sold my first fiction story!!! I went to that writing workshop in New York and three weeks later, my story "The Ghost in Room 113" was accepted for publication by Ranger Rick magazine! My little mystery story's going to appear in the March 2009 issue! And the coolest part (aside from the check ;) ) is that the story's main character, Suzie Rigg, was based on the original character I developed for my Nightcrawler stories, Ingrid Susan Wagner! I guess all this fanfiction writing practice can pay off...

News Item #2: I got a new job!!! I only just got the news myself this week, but starting Sept. 2, I'm going to be teaching history at the Community College of Rhode Island. I'm a real history professor! Wow!

So, that's my news. Just needed to share.

YIPPEEE!!!

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

That is absolutely fantastic Row! Yay! I'm so happy for you!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Sweet! My kids and I love that story, and we're thrilled to know that others will see it!

Fantastic news about the job, too!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Oh, congrats a thousandfold, girl! I will tell my buddy whom you met at Highlights about your good news. She's gearing up for a cool local writers' conference, and swamped with preparations, but I'll email her early next week.

Cheez Louise, a real live history professor. Will the excitement never end? (Yes, I'm being facetious. I grew up around professors. But I *am* really thrilled for you!)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

that's awesome! You totally deserve it :D
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

:) I love reading through these old posts.... people here, it's like at my school.

I swear, if I went to public school, I would've been one of those "picked on by everybody" kids. Instead, I went to a private Christian school, and I think it made a world of difference.

First grade. I have a temper like dry brush and by spring of that year I'm reading Nancy Drew books. (For some reason, I still can't write mysteries). And yet I was never the "weird girl." I had a friend... one who turned out to be a con, a liar, and who never really cared about me... but he FELT like a friend, and that's what counted.

By third grade, I had been introduced to another kid who'd just moved into town and was a lot like me... even thought I've totally dumped my con-artist "friend" I am still in contact with the awesome dude he introduced me to. In fact, I went to his birthday party last week.

Sixthe grade, eighth grade... more nerdy friends. And yet the girls were my friends too, and the other guys... we were like a big family, my class. We still are. So there was picking on and there were rumors, but everybody had somebody to cry to and everybody had a friend to rely on when things got rough. I don't think I'm ever going to forget these friends.

In eighth grade I became friends with a comic nerd who thought I'd really like the X-Men... especially Wolverine and Rogue. Well, he was right on one count... Rogue is definitely one of my favorites. But Nightcrawler skyrocketed to the top of my list almost since the minute I met him.

How'd I find out about him? Actually, an X-Men Encyclopedia. One of my greatest bones to pick about superheroes, my biggest discussion with my friend, was about how there are never any "religious" superheroes. So my little friend whips out his Encyclopedia and says, "This gal is Muslim and this kid is Buddhist, and this is Nightcrawler, he's Catholic!"

I don't think my friend really understands my Nightie obsession. It's probably because he hasn't found this awesome website (which about quadrupled my fan-geeky-ness) and he's more into other comics, like Spiderman and Batman and Avengers.

If you asked me to tell you why I liked him right off the bat, I couldn't. The character I met in the Encyclopedia is so different from the one I know now. No swashbucklingness, no awesome personality, just his looks and a little bit about his history and the fact that he was Catholic. Truth is, I think I liked him because he was a paradox-- persecuted because he's a "demon," but still a Christian. Now I know him much better, and all I can say is that I love him even more.

As far as fanfic goes... I've done it with virtually every fandom I've ever been attached to, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, and now X-Men. I just didn't realize that the stories I was making up in my head were fanfiction until a few months ago. I love to "talk" to characters from books/movies/universes. I love to make up characters and insert them into stories. And the great thing about X-Men was that they were mutants-- you didn't have to make up a cheesy way for them to get their powers!

I just finished the movie for the fanfiction challenge, and I got an awesome idea for another fan fic when I was sketching around last night, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might work for the Halloween challenge so I'm saving it for a while.

Sorry about the novel... I'm long-winded!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

So.... I have two completed fan fic short stories finished right now...

They are in two seperate alternate realities. One revolves almost entirely around an OC and her relationship to Nightcrawler (I took the Mary-Sue test and she didn't get it!) and the other is kind of a noir-ish story involving Nightcrawler and Gambit.

Do you guys want to read them? Should I post them? Should I wait until after the contest?

Does anyone even go on this thread anymore? :LOL

Trying to spark a little life back into it -- I like reading about you guys as authors. And I love reading the fanfic as well. ^-^
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I'm up for the NC/OC one, altho the darker one would probably be a hit wtih the others. What the heck, post 'em and let everyone see 'em. And at ff, too. :D
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Elfdame wrote:I'm up for the NC/OC one, altho the darker one would probably be a hit wtih the others. What the heck, post 'em and let everyone see 'em. And at ff, too. :D
I don't have an account at ff.net yet. But I should GET one, because then I wouldn't be limited to fan fics about Nightcrawler and the X-Men -- I could write about Harry Potter and Star Trek and Star Wars and *gasp* AVATAR as well!
~Def.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Make it so, Number One.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

~Def.