April Fools!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Disclaimer: I do not own the X-Men. Please don’t sue me or steal my story. Thanks!

NOTE: This story takes place on Earth 723, as seen in my previous stories The Day the Earth Stood Back, An Unsung Hero, and An Early Morning Surprise. Alice, Marta, Suzie, and Edmund are all my original characters. Neither they nor their reality plane exist in any official Marvel universe.

April Fools
By Rowena

“So Kurt,
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

April Fools!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I decided today, of all days was a good day to pop in.
I must say that I truely enjoy all the holiday themed stories you come up with. I also gotta say that when I found out that you were using Alice, Marta, Suzie, and Edmund, I did a little jig in my swivel chair and stubbed my pinky toe (I'm a clutz). I really enjoyed reading The Day the Earth Stood Back, An Unsung Hero, and An Early Morning Surprise, they were all exceptional stories and the original characters made it more so.

The whole thing about Kurt not doing a prank totaly threw me into a spin. Although he does have quite a bit on his plate, it seems, and (just gotta say it) still sexy at 47, no doubt, wanting off time with his wife and so forth, I would understand why he wouldn't do a prank...but that seems too simple to me. I don't know...it seems more like what his kids said about being the start of a prank...hmmm. We'll see.:D

As for coming up with pranks, I was never good at that. I seldom ever celebrate April fools, I barely even remembered it's today. And when I do come up with a prank, I do it on some random day of the year, when it is least expected.
So as for helping with that...I'm the wrong person to say give advice.

OH! And the last line of this portion of the story...

I like that word: devious

yes I'm weird, so sue me:LOL
~EMO
one name: Bruce Campbell
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

April Fools!

Post by Nightmare »

Muwahahahaha, this promises to be good....

[quote]
“You mean next year when you’re forty-nine years old and still the exhausted, overworked leader of Excalibur?
Don't hate me because I scare you...
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

April Fools!

Post by HoodedMan »

Hey, I like Kurt's personality in this one. I can see already that he's thinking up something, and I'm surprised no one can see it! I didn't get pranked on much today as I didn't welcome company, but I've heard of some good ones being pulled, so happy April Fool's Day, everyone.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

I did wonder how Kurt jumped from being forty seven this year to being forty nine next year.
*blush* Oops! Sorry 'bout that. It's fixed now though. Thanks for pointing it out!

I'm really sorry about your Dad. Thank you for your suggestions. The roller skate idea has potential.... :D The pogo stick might be a bit too complicated, though.

As for whether or not Kurt's plotting something devious...you'll just have to wait and see! ;)

*rubs hands together* I'm all inspired now. Gotta write. I'll be back soon! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Why is it that these stories always end up so much longer than initially expected? Not that I'm complaining. This story's been really fun to write so far! Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, it's not quite finished yet. It looks like this intended one-shot is going to end up a three-parter! In any case, here's Part Two. Hope you like it! :D

That night, after the manor had gone to sleep, Suzie and Edmund snuck out of their beds and down the hall to where Marta was waiting in her room. She looked up from her open notebook with a grin as they silently closed her door and hopped up onto the foot of her bed.

“OK,
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

April Fools!

Post by Nightmare »

*rubs her hands together and cackles gleefully*

I can't wait to see what Dad does... he's had all day to plan his revenge... Bring on the Mischief!
Don't hate me because I scare you...
ElfSpam
Lubber
Lubber

April Fools!

Post by ElfSpam »

This is an awesome story! I love your original characters, and your take on Kurt especially. I felt for Moira, not having her coffee. I've actually been that incoherent on some mornings without the Black Elixir of Life pouring down my throat. Great job, and I hope Kurt gets those kids good! :evil
This is a haiku;
Now I'm killing syllables;
I like fuzzy elves.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

April Fools!

Post by HoodedMan »

I love the twist in the story! Everyone (including us) just assumed Kurt would be playing pranks, but no! And I assume he'll get them back, but you never know. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

It's back! It's back! It's back! Nightscrawlers is back! Hooray!!! :D :D :D

Well, April's been over for a while now, but I finished up this story anyway. It has five parts now. Revenge and mischief are in the works! Enjoy! :D

PART THREE

The broom, dustbin, mop, and bucket were clustered in the corner and Kurt was pushing the island back into place when Alice stepped into the damp, shiny kitchen. She was holding a thin notebook in her hand and her expression was wry.

“I’m just about done in here,
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

PART FOUR

Kitty, still wearing her hair-concealing cap, sniffed tentatively as she approached the control room.

“Dear God,
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

April Fools!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

HOWDY!!!! I'm back!!
OKAY

Iv'e not read part 4 yet but I will get to it short-like, believe you me!

I absolutely loved the chapter before hand, and could picture the whole devious gummi bear factory scene in my head...devious *shudder* I LOVE that word!

I'm glad to hear that the Elf is going to plan a revenge prank, and I'm just wired with adrenaline to read the next chapter as well as from the popcorn and soda I have with me...no, seriously, I have it right in front of me.

as for the kids...(paranoia sets in)

I'm so jittery right now, I gotttake my meds.....:bow I bow to you.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Curlyy, you're awesome. I return your bow. :bow

Well, here at long last is the conclusion to this wacky story! Now is the time when all the devious plots and plans that have been kicking around finally come to fruition. :idea Who will sup on sweet revenge :engarde and who will come out the fool? :doh! Read on! :D

PART FIVE

The entire team had already gathered in the kitchen by the time Kurt appeared in the far corner, followed a split second later by Marta, Suzie and Edmund. His feet had barely impacted with the shining linoleum floor when the combined jolt from the near-simultaneous teleports shook the open cabinet door just above him, causing the open bag of cornstarch balanced precariously over its narrow top to fall, spilling its powdery contents all over Kurt’s head and shoulders as well as the countertop and the floor.

Kurt jumped in alarm, sputtering and sneezing and beating at the slowly settling white powder that clung to his fur and hair and eyelashes. Unfortunately, all his attempts to brush the cornstarch off only served to spread it around, turning his fur and hair from a dark, shadowy indigo to a light powder blue. His gathered team howled with laughter at the ridiculous sight.

“Who’s the Fool now, huh Kurt?
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

April Fools!

Post by buri103 »

Glorious.

For some reason I really adored Suzie and her complete sassy-ness..

You do the most wondeful fics and original characters.

Write more! :evil
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

April Fools!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*SHIZZAM!!*:bamf
C'est fini?:shame i shall cry now.

Originally posted by Rowena
Curlyy, you're awesome. I return your bow. :bow
Bah!:blush You're just saying that to be nice, and because it's half true. J/K!:p
Now is the time when all the devious plots and plans that have been kicking around finally come to fruition.
*makes a noise half way between laughter and a squeel* Devious..ok, I'm done now:D

I really loved this last chapter. I thought that it was freakin' awesome how Kurt planned out the whole cornstarch prank in order to do his own prank. My brain would hurt just to try to think of a prank, let alone make one up that will actually work.
I didn't mention it earlier, but I loved the scene between Brian, Meggan and Mrs. Saltzman. I laughed soooo hard at Meggans reaction. :*) I always thought Brian was a big Oaf, when he didn't realise why she was acting the way she was, I laughed even harder. Thank you for that.
I take it back, Kurt. You’re not just the king of the pranksters. You’re their freakin’ emperor.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

Happy April Fools Day! In honor of the occasion, I thought I'd bump this story up to the top of the pile.

Have a great April Fools Day! :D

:monkey
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

April Fools!

Post by Feuerstein »

Ooh, this is so fabulous! It's great! So funny and cute! Thanks for bumping it; it made my day!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

April Fools!

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I love it!!! Thanks for making it so available for me!!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

My pleasure! Thanks very much! It's great to know you enjoyed it! :D
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

April Fools!

Post by Daycrawler »

hahaha oh, this was so good!!! Hahaha I was just thinking at the beging the children should have been a bit smarter and remebered to prank themselves that way nobody would have suspected it was them. But the whole story turn out so good. :LOL
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Well, the kids were counting on everyone being so ready to suspect Kurt that they would overlook them. But that's a good point. :D I'm really happy you liked this story! Thank you very much!!! :D
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

AAAACCCHHHOOOOO! Oops, I think I bumped this story up a few spaces. Oh--it flew all the way to the top!

So weird, though. I get home from Scotland just in time to encounter the worst flooding RI's ever seen. If you're from this flooded region, I hope you're doing OK!

And I hope you all have a Happy April Fools Day today! :pokejoke

:bamf
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

April Fools!

Post by Rowena »

Another April Fools Day already! And it's been a whole year since I got accepted to St. Andrews. Wow!

Happy April Fools Day from Scotland, everyone! :D
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot