Blood Line Part 1 - Fanfic about Rogue and Nightcrawler

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
phoenixcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by phoenixcrawler »

Hey guys this is the first part of a fanfic that I wrote about Rogue and Nightcrawler after I read X-Men Unlimited #3. I'm surprised that no one has written about or even mentioned their sibling relationship. Well I hope you like it. Almost forgot I don't own these characters, Marvel does. Enjoy.

Bloodline

Setting: New York City – Winter Season

Characters: Rogue and Nightcrawler

Part 1

The winter is filled with noise and sound pollution that ruins the supposed winter wonderland which is New York City, New York. The bad attitudes of the masses and the floating smell of garbage and piss also added to the spirited brand of holiday cheer. Amongst the mob of angry New Yorkers is a beautiful, tall woman who is almost gliding across the maze of pedestrian traffic. She has a beautiful, young angel face that belies the hardships she had to go through. Her hair is brown with a white streak in the middle which caused many people to stare. If they weren’t look at her face or hair they were admiring her sensual body movements which outline her natural and sexy figure. Yet despite all these attributes there is sadness on her face that is too devastating to ignore. It is a sadness that she has felt too many times.

In a way you can say that her life is a trek through hell: abandoned at a young age, being a super villain at the age when she should’ve been worrying about going to the prom, and now being part of an elite mutant fighting force all before she hit the age of 21.

“What has my life come to?” she thinks to herself. “Is it just…this? Fighting for the rest of my life.”

“Nothing can be stable for me. A core family is nonexistent; I got a man who takes the ‘strong, dark mysterious’ thing to a nauseating level; Hell I can’t even touch anyone without thinking I might kill them.”

By the way, the beautiful woman’s name is Rogue. She is part of the elite mutant group, X-Men. They took her in when she was considered an enemy yet has proven herself as a valuable member of the team. They became her surrogate family which is something that Rogue always wanted. Yet she always longed to connect with her ‘real’ family. Rogue got that wish but it wasn’t what she expected.

This interesting family tree started to branch out when she joined the Brotherhood of Mutants, an opposition to the X-Men who believe that mutants are the dominant species and the human race should be eradicated. She joined at a young age (too young to be truthful)

“I like to forget those days,” she thinks.

At that time the leader, Mystique adopted her. She treated Rogue like her very own daughter, but ever since that fatal ‘accident’ with superhero Ms. Marvel, Rogue couldn’t shake the feeling of guilt and left the Brotherhood.

After leaving and joining the X-Men, she thought her life had finally found a balance. That all changed when Mystique revealed something that was underneath Rogue’s nose.

“I still can’t believe it. I should’ve known from there blue skin and yellow eyes. Only he has fur and a more sociable attitude. She laughs at the bad joke.

Ever since she found out that Nightcrawler was her brother she has never been able to see him as just “Fuzzy Elf” (his nickname) Now he was “brother”.

“What can I say to him? Hey bro want to talk to about how mom screwed us in life?” she thinks.

A chilly breeze hits Rogue face making her aware of her surroundings. She realized she didn’t know her surroundings.

“Where in the heck am I?” she thinks.

“She looks around and sees a gothic church just up ahead.

“I don’t want to walk all the way there. Too cold” she thinks.

She goes to a dark alleyway and jets up to the air like a rocket to the point where no one can see her. She glides through the chilly winter air feeling refreshed by the snowflakes caking up her clothes. She almost regrets to leave the refreshing flight when she lands on top of the roof of the church.

Rogue sits down on the ledges with goblin statues as her companions. Along with her companions she looks out at the sky forgetting her woes.

She turns around and observes the statue closest to her. It reminds her of Nightcrawler with its demonic, but peaceful facial features.

Rogue gives it a sympathetic look.

“Why hello Rogue.”

To be continued…
Does it hurt so much to see the world through different eyes?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

What an excellent beginning to what looks like a prosperous story. It's certainly a fascinating idea to pair Rogue up with Nightcrawler; they are brother and sister (half-brother, half-sister?) after all. I look forward to the continuation of this excellent plot. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
It's certainly a fascinating idea to pair Rogue up with Nightcrawler; they are brother and sister (half-brother, half-sister?) after all.
She's the unofficially adopted daughter of his biological mother...not really sure what that makes them...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Nandireya
She's the unofficially adopted daughter of his biological mother...not really sure what that makes them...
I think that would make them half-brother and half-sister like if they had different sires, though not in a legal sense since it wasn't an official adoption. I'm not quite sure.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

I think since Rogue thinks of Mystique as her mother, they consider themselves siblings even though there are no blood ties. Like, for example, they COULD date each other if they wanted to, but they won't for that reason.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
I think since Rogue thinks of Mystique as her mother, they consider themselves siblings even though there are no blood ties. Like, for example, they COULD date each other if they wanted to, but they won't for that reason.
Didn't stop Kurt dating Amanda...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Well ... point. But he and Amanda grew up together, so I guess they were comfortable enough with each other to decide how they felt about something like that, whereas Rogue and Kurt didn't meet until they were both grown up. Also, I think Rogue is a lot younger than Kurt, but I dunno how ages are working in the books now so that's probably not even relevent anymore. That said, I do believe I must stop psycho-analyzing the gizzard out of Nandy's teeny-weeny little comment. :blush

Meanwhile, back on topic, I really liked this first installment. It came out very promising, and there's some really great imagery with the snow and the gargoyles. One tiny vice, Phoenixcrawler, is that you might want to reconsider the "By the way" in the fifth paragraph. It's rather flippant, while the story itself seems to be fairly serious. I dunno, it just kinda knocks the mood off a bit. But no worries, this is still comin' out great.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics