Whee! flying...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whee! flying...

Post by bluefooted »

I'm testing this first to see if it works - might have to mess with it *Edit: Yay!*

Here's a larger version of the picture. It's supposed to be Storm and Kurt flying around. General critique is most welcomed, although I don't know how much I can change at this point. Legs and arms aren't finished - they're actually there, in pencil, but they don't show up after scanning. So, my question is, what should they be flying over? It's down to a choice between rolling fields or maybe just a cloud background... or both. Keep in mind that this will be a watercolor, eventually. Thanks guys!
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Whee! flying...

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Bluefooted,

It’s great to see you back on the board. Already having been through grad school, I know how time consuming it can be, especially being in the field.

It’s a little hard to critique without seeing both bodies in entirety. The only thing I could think of is that Ororo’s hips seem a little wide compared to her torso.

I would use rolling hills or some other type of scenery without much detail. Maybe adding a little bit of wispy cloud, perhaps partly obscuring a leg or arm to indicate that she is in the air, rather than Kurt just holding her up.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Whee! flying...

Post by shankjam »

I personally think the hips look okay. Though Ororo's torso/abdomen seems a bit long. As for the background, i agree with the rolling hills, with a few fuzzy and indistinct objects such as a house or town to show they are actually up in the air. In that particular pose, upright, I think you'll have to be careful about your background to present the impression that they are flying.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Whee! flying...

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I like it, except for Ororo's foot in Kurt's crotch... that's gotta hurt
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Whee! flying...

Post by Kaileighblue »

Ooo

Flying over? well Kurt doesn't look completely happy about it so Maybe they are over a bunch of fangirls *grin*

What would make Ororo smile but Kurt be halfway to terrified..