Kurt Wagner and the Vunato Dilo (Updated 08/06/06)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Yes this is a rewrite of my previous fic. The further into it, the more different it will be to the old one and I promise there will be a plot this time ;)

If by any chance you do like it, or if you don't, let me know. I'm not a mindreader I can't tell otherwise.

Text in italics is in German

Somewhere outside Winzeldorf, Germany.

Lightning flashed across the sky and the crash of thunder followed. The rain came down hard as a dark figure ran across a muddy field. In the figures arms was a small bundle, the crying of a baby could be heard. As the figure ran, there appeared to be no one following. It was just the robbed figure and the baby, but the figure was afraid, it was as though something followed, something bad.

Up ahead they saw a farmhouse. The figure ran straight for it knowing it was the only place to go, Winzeldorf was too far away and it would not be safe there. The farmhouse grew nearer and nearer, safety was at hand. A light was visible through one of the windows so there was at least someone appeared to be home. Inside were a farmer and his wife settling down to an evening in front of a fire, little did they know what was about to arrive on their doorstep, their lives would change forever. Heavy knocking on the door first alerted them to the fact that someone was outside.

Who could that be?” the farmer asked in German.

Go and find out,“ his wife replied.

The farmer groaned as he stood up from his armchair, he’d had a hard day at work on the farm and had hoped for a nice quiet evening, he hadn’t banked on anyone coming to the door at this time of the evening. He crossed the room and opened the door, only to find that there was no one standing out there. About to turn and shut the door, he heard the sound of a baby crying. Only when he looked down did he see the bundle, he picked it up and took it into the farmhouse. His wife hearing the crying, had come over to see what had been at the door. They both looked down at the bundle in the farmers hands and looked in shook at what they saw. Instead of a human baby, they saw the face of what looked like a blue furry demon. Pale yellow eyes looked up at them.

What is it?” his wife asked.

I don’t know,” he replied, shaking his head. “It looks like a demon.”

But it’s just a baby, it looks harmless,” she then said, scratching at the babies chin. The baby began to giggle which made her eyes light up. “See harmless, just like a cute baby.”

Oh sure it’s cute now but wait until it’s a demon teenager,” the farmer groaned.

I can see him as a Kurt.”

You can tell it’s a he without looking?”

Of course I can, it’s a woman’s sixth sense.”

From the window, the dark figure watched. Satisfied that the baby was safe in hands with the couple, the dark figure turned around and left. “It is for your own safety my son,” the figure said.

12 years later

Kurt? Kurt! Kurt wake up this instant!”

Kurt Wagner rolled over in his bed, he instantly knew that he had overslept, his mothers shouting told him that. He was supposed to get up to go and help his father on the farm, being 6am that meant bringing in the cows to be milked. As he rolled over and slid out of bed, he began to dread another day of working on the farm. Most of the time he would be hiding away from the people that came and went at the farm, the rest of the time was spent helping his father. His greatest wish was to be able to go to school, to be with other kids his own age but the blue fur and tail prevented that. Kurt knew what would probably happen if anyone found out about him and would be made worse by the fact that there were a lot of deeply religious people in the nearby villages who would class him as a demon. He could recall from his mother tutoring in history what people had done to witches, burned them at the stake and no doubt they would do the same to a demon.

Kurt! Get up now!” his mother yelled again.

I’m coming mother,” he yelled back.

This instance,” came the response.

Kurt suddenly imagined himself walking into the kitchen where his parents would be waiting for him. Since he had overslept they would both be mad at him. His father was no doubt waiting for him to help bring in the cows, he hated it when his father got angry. A couple of weeks ago he found out he had a strange power, one that seemed out of place. It had been when he accidentally gone into the bulls field wearing red overalls, he had forgotten that that had been the field containing the bull as he had been asked to mend the fence in the field next to it. Taking a shortcut through that field had almost been his undoing. When the bull charged at him he got so scared he closed his eyes and the only thing he thought of was his bedroom, which felt strange at the time. There was no hit from the bull and it had been close, instead as he had opened his eyes again he had found himself back in his bedroom. Somehow he had teleported himself through fear, he was so scared about what had happened he never told his parents about it.

About time you got up, our father is waiting for you,” his mother told him. “And don’t forget to watch out for those gypsies.”

Yes mother,” Kurt said before putting on his overalls and leaving the farmhouse.

The gypsies his mother had mentioned were camped illegally on a nearby farm. His mother always worried about what the gypsies would do if they ever saw him, they could be very superstitious and treat him the same way the nearby villagers might. He was told that the farmer who’s land they were on, had mentioned they were planning on crossing the channel into England where they said they would get money for doing nothing. His father always called the English a strange bunch.

It felt like an age before all the cows had been milked and returned to the fields, and then it was only a matter of washing down the milking parlour before he could go back into the farmhouse and have breakfast. That took half an hour, but before he could leave, he saw the head of a boy appear from the doorway, it was obvious that he was one of the gypsies. The boys’ eyes widened when he saw Kurt.

“Sheiße!” Kurt swore and quickly used his recently found power and teleported away.

Instantly he was outside the kitchen, he waited to catch his breath before doing anything else. He hoped that the gypsy boy hadn’t guessed where he would go, but at least he had finished washing down the milking parlour, his father wouldn’t be angry for leaving it unfinished. No doubt it would cause the gypsies to hunt the area anyway, he shuddered to think what gypsies would do to someone that looked like he did, the same could be said for his parents should they find out that he had been spotted.

In the kitchen he found his mother and father sat at the table, also sat at the table were a man and woman he had never seen before. If his parents had company they would give prior warning or come and tell him so something like this didn’t happen. The boy’s first instinct was to run.

“Kurt sit down,” his mother told him, she was speaking to him in English, which surprised him.

Kurt did as he was told, he wasn’t exactly going to disobey his mother. As he sat down he noticed that the two visitors didn’t appear to be afraid of him, instead they were smiling. Then it occurred on him, were his parents planning on selling him to a circus freak show? No they wouldn’t do that, would they? The young boy looked again at the couple, they didn’t look to be the circus type. The man was bald, but had a smart look about him, the woman looked like a white-haired African goddess.

“Kurt these people would like to speak to you,” his father told him.

He began to think once more and more that they were selling him to a circus.

“My name is Professor Charles Xavier,” the bald man began to say. “We have come to speak with you because Cerebro detected a unique ability that you have, your ability to teleport.”

Kurt’s eyes widened, he was shocked to find out someone knew about that, other then that gypsy boy of course, he thought he had been able to keep that a secret.

“Master Wagner, I am Headmaster at the Bàghbaile School for Mutants in Scotland,” Professor Xavier told him. “There you will be able to study with other students just like you without fear of persecution from those who would not understand our special gifts.”

Kurt noticed that the woman was staying silent. “I have alvays vanted to go to school,” he said. “But everyone vould be scared of my appearance.”

Professor Xavier nodded with understanding. “I understand your fear and your appearance won’t be a problem,” he said.

“I can see you getting on very well with Professor McCoy,” the woman said, breaking her silence.

“Why?” Kurt asked.

“Because he has blue fur just like you,” she smiled.

“Wow, really?” he gleamed, his pale yellow eyes lit up.

Both she and Professor Xavier nodded. Kurt then looked toward his parents who were both smiling, but with the school being in Scotland, it would mean that he wouldn’t see his parents until the holidays. He was actually scared to leave them.

Kurt this is a great opportunity,” his father told him in German. “We would be disappointed if you did not go.”

Kurt nodded, his parents would be proud of him if he went. “Ja, I vill go,” he said.

His parents smiled but said nothing.

“Good, your first year will start in September,” Professor Xavier told him.

“Vhat vill we have to buy him for this school,” his mother then mentioned.

“Oh, no need to worry about that, the school provides each student with everything they need,” he assured them. “We will also provide your son with the transport he needs to get to the school.”

“Vell we can’t argue with that,” Kurt’s mother said.

His father only nodded, as he didn’t speak much English. That was why it was Kurt’s mother that was doing all the talking, while he just sat there nodding instead. Kurt smiled, he was about to live out his dream of attending a school like a regular boy his age, it was a dream come true. He couldn’t wait until September.

[Edited on 8/6/06 by Nightcrawlis]
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

This is cool! I read the original version and I hope it'll be just as cool!!

I don't think I commented on that though *slaps wrist*

But this has potential, I'll read if you update!!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Here, happy now? I'm commenting that it's a real nice story, unfortunately I can't be taken seriously, fic's aren't my bit in life.
so there, now go and finish the story.
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NWKurt »

Yeup! Meee too! Kurt cant wait till September? Nor can I for the next part! Ve eagerly await more!!

The chin tickle still makes me giggle; I like it!

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Two new chapters posted, thanks to Lee for finding a Romani phrase site :)

The next day started like the previous, Kurt was awoken by his mothers shouting. It was unsurprising that he had overslept as he had spent most of the night thinking about this school for mutants. He just couldn’t wait, he would be going to a school with other kids that were just like him.

Kurt!” his mother shouted from downstairs.

Coming,” he replied in German.

Kurt jumped out of bed and teleported downstairs, almost frightening his mother.

Kurt, as much as I adore your gift I would rather not have you use it like that,” she told him.

He could see the annoyed look on her face and nodded. “Yes mother,” he promised.

She wondered how long it would take for him to forget that. Kurt quickly ate his toast, put on his overalls and left the farmhouse to join his father in the fields. They herded the cows into the milking parlour, milked them and herded them back to the fields. Kurt always lost track of time when he and his father milked the cows, he always settled into a rhythm that wasn’t broken until the cows were back in their fields and he was washing down the milking parlour. Just like he was now, his father had gone off to deal with something and had left Kurt alone in the parlour once more. He had completely forgotten about the gypsy boy seeing him before.

“O vunato dilo,” a voice behind him yelled.

Kurt jumped as he hadn’t been paying attention to anything, he turned around to see the gypsy boy there again. Somehow he was unable to teleport away, probably to frightened. The gypsy boy held up his arm and pointed at him.

“O vunato dilo, o vunato dilo,” he yelled again, holding up his other arm. “Dilo merav.”

Kurt saw the boy was holding a cross and it occurred to him that the gypsy boy thought he was a demon. Though he couldn’t blame him given his looks, Kurt hated the idea of being thought of as a demon. “I am not a demon,” he protested, not stopping to wonder if the gypsy boy even knew German.

“Dilo merav!” he yelled again.

Kurt didn’t move, nor did he say anything. Instead he just stared at the gypsy boy, who evidently realised the cross had no effect on him and threw it to the ground. He then closed his eyes and said, “Te merav, te shordjol muro rat.”

The young mutant didn’t know what to say to that. Instead he slowly began to make his way out of the milking parlour. It looked as though the gypsy was expecting to be killed by him as he stood there, eyes closed unmoving. Not knowing what else to do he walked up to the boy and said, “I am not going to hurt you.”

He could see the gypsy boy shiver, but still he stood there, eyes closed and waiting. Kurt just shook his head, looking around the milking parlour he saw that he was far from finished, his father would get mad if he left it like this. Taking another look at the gypsy boy, Kurt went back to doing what he had been doing before being disturbed. For a moment the only sound was that of the jet washer, but then the gypsy boy spoke in English.

“Aren’t you going to kill me?” he asked.

Kurt shut off the jet washer and turned to face the gypsy boy who was now stood with his eyes open. “I don’t know why you think I am going to kill you,” he said in English, realising that the gypsy boy probably didn’t speak any German.

“You are O vunato dilo, a demon,” the gypsy boy told him.

The young mutant screwed up his face, trying to avoid the urge to yell at the gypsy boy. “I am not a demon,” he growled.

The gypsy boy took a step back obviously he didn’t believe him. Kurt cursed his looks, why did he have to end up with a mutation that made him look like a demon.

“Listen if I vere a demon I vould not be living on a farm cleaning out the milking parlour,” he replied.

The gypsy boy just stood there staring at him. A grin crossed Kurt’s face, holding up the jet washer he soaked the gypsy boy and couldn’t help but laugh. He actually found it fun and maybe, just maybe it would keep the gypsy boy away. Instead he didn’t and Kurt just kept spraying him with water. Eventually the gypsy boy slipped up and fell backwards onto the ground. Kurt switched off the jet washer and laughed, at least now he was done washing down the milking parlour.

“Bengesko niamso,” the gypsy boy growled.

Not knowing what that meant, Kurt walked over and helped the gypsy boy up, truthfully he felt bad at what he had done.

“Nais tuke,” the gypsy boy then said.

“Uh huh, you don’t speak German do you?” Kurt asked.

The gypsy boy shook his head. “Just Romani and English,” he said.

Well at least Kurt now knew what the strange language the gypsy boy had been speaking, it was unfortunate that he didn’t speak German but at least they could both speak some English. Now there was one more thing that Kurt wanted to know.

“What ist your name?” he asked.

“Stefan,” the gypsy boy said, he looked scared to be telling Kurt his name. “Stefan Szardos.”

Kurt held out his hand, but Stefan took a step back. “Kurt Wagner,” he said.

Stefan just stared at him, he didn’t move but Kurt could already tell that the boy was still scared by him. The young mutant realised that he really wasn’t going to get the boy to think any differently, instead he put the jet washer away and teleported himself back to his room. He didn’t care what the boy did, he actually hoped that the gypsies would move on soon, the sooner the better actually.

As he sat down on his bed, he wondered what the gypsy boy was doing now. He wondered if he had gone back to the gypsy camp or if he had decided to search for him. Given the circumstances of where he had been, Kurt wondered if the gypsy boy would think to check the farmhouse. He hoped not as that would land him in a whole heap of trouble. As he lay his head down on his pillow, the young mutant couldn’t wait for September to arrive.

The day had finally come, the day Kurt would leave the farm to go to a school in Scotland. His mother had been in tears when he hugged her goodbye, she told him to call as soon as he got to the school. His father had also given a hug and had told him to be good and be on his best behaviour at the school. Then he had stepped into the car and was driven away, he watched and waved as his parents became smaller and smaller down the end of the lane.

The journey wasn’t at all interesting and it didn’t take long before he had gone the furthest from home he had ever been. Not that it was hard because he never left the farm. The car he was in, was being driven by the woman who had visited with Professor Xavier, he learned that her name was Professor Ororo Munroe and was also a teacher at the school, Kurt wondered why in that case she was doing the driving now instead of someone else. She told him a few things about the school like the students getting sorted into different houses. There were four of these houses he understood, Wolverine, Storm, Mystique and Gambit, she never mentioned if she as a teacher belonged to a house, after all she did mention that there were heads of the various houses.

Soon they stopped beside a railway station, it seemed almost abandoned but after taking another look, Kurt noticed that it appeared to be well looked after. Although he and Professor Munroe were the only ones there. She took his suitcase from the boot of the car and led him inside the station. It well and truly did seem abandoned, as the place was devoid of life.

“Vhere is everyone?” Kurt asked.

“It’s a private station Kurt, no one can get in without the proper authorisation, not to mention that only the school train stops here,” Professor Munroe explained. “You won’t have to worry about your appearance.”

Kurt just looked up and nodded as they walked out onto a single short platform that looked as well cared for as the rest of the small station. He wondered how long it would be before the train got there, as he looked back at the waiting room he heard a train whistle blow. Turning around again he saw a steam train waiting where just a second before there hadn’t been one.

“Was?” he gasped.

“Afraid I will have to be leaving you from here Kurt,” she told him, “I’ll see you at school.”

“Vhy?” Kurt asked.

“I have things that I must do, the staff will look after you,” the Professor said, she turned and left the station.

“Here let me,” came a mans voice.

Kurt looked and saw the train guard pick up his suitcase and opened a carriage door. He didn’t say anything as he climbed aboard, the guard placed his suitcase in the bag compartment and ushered the young boy toward the front of the train.

“Here, you can sit in here,” the guard said, opening a compartment door.
Kurt silently sat by the window and the guard was gone. Moments later he heard the guards whistle and the train began pulling away from the station. The young boy was faced with a long journey alone.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Kurt didn’t know when he had fallen asleep, but he had been woken up by the sounds of shouting. Shaking his head, he found the compartment he was in was still empty. Even though this was the school train he guessed that the other students didn’t want to spend the journey in the same compartment as a blue demon. The young mutant just sat back and looked out the window. It was then that he realised he had been sitting on his tail and it had gone numb.

“Verdammt!” he cursed.

The compartment door opened and a brown haired boy about his age popped his head. “Can I sit in here?” he asked. “All the other compartments are full.”

“Sure,” Kurt shrugged.

The boy shut the compartment door and sat down opposite him. Kurt was sure that the boy was staring at him, he had looked a little unsure when asking him if he could sit in here with him. The only reason he was sitting in here after all was because, as the boy had told him, all the other carriages were full. He would probably have been too scared else. Still Kurt wasn’t going to complain, at least there was someone in his compartment.
“So vhat ist your name?” Kurt decided to ask.

“Jamie, Jamie Madrox,” the boy told him. “What’s yours?”

“Kurt Wagner,” he replied.

“Cool, you a first year?” Jamie proceeded to ask.

Kurt just nodded.

“Wow, first one I’ve met,” the brown haired boy grinned, his eyes lighting up, dispelling the previous thought Kurt had of the boy been somewhat afraid of him, but then maybe he still was and just wasn’t showing it. “I’ve only seen older students so far, well none looked our age anyway. You don’t know anything about this school do you?”

Kurt just shook his head.

“Me neither, first generation mutant,” Jamie told him.

“I don’t know if I am or not, my parents abandoned me vhen I vas a baby,” Kurt said. He’d always wondered about his real parents, usually about how cold they were to have abandoned him like that.

“Oh sorry,” Jamie said.

“It is alright, I couldn’t be happier vith mein pflegefamilie, er I don’t know der English for that sorry,“ Kurt said, nervously tapping his knees. He couldn’t believe that this boy was actually interested in talking to him
“I think I know what you mean, your foster family,” he suggested for the English translation.

Kurt just nodded and looked out the window, the English countryside just rolled past as they headed toward their new school, it was a new sight for him. Speaking of his foster family, he was missing them a lot already and no doubt they were missing him too.

“Only thing I know about this school is the house names and a couple of the teachers, but that ist all,” the blue mutant shrugged.

“Professor Xavier and Professor Munroe right?” Jamie asked and noted Kurt’s nod. “They came to my house soon after I discovered my power.”

“Vhat is your power?” Kurt questioned him.

“Hit me in the arm and see,” Jamie grinned.

“Vhat?” Kurt said, taken aback by what the boy asked him to do.

“You want to know my power right?” Jamie grinned.

Kurt sighed as he did as the boy suggested and hit him in the arm, not particularly hard but just hard enough. He was taken aback when he saw that there were now two Jamie’s sitting opposite him. Jamie quickly absorbed his duplicate.

“First found I could do that after falling down the stairs at home,” he explained. “So what’s your power?”

Kurt said nothing, instead he disappeared with a ‘bamf’ noise and reappeared again on the seat next to Jamie.

“Cool,” the boy remarked, before holding his noise. “Smells like you farted though.”

“Ja, tell me about it,” Kurt agreed, standing up to open the window. A cold rush of cold air blew into his face. “That ist better.”

The sound of the compartment door sliding open made Kurt turn around. In the doorway stood a pale girl with black hair that had red streaks in it. She took a quick look around before saying, “If you see my brother Pietro, tell him I am so going to kill him.”

Kurt jumped as she slammed shut the compartment door and wandered off to another part of the train.

“I saw her earlier, she scares me,” Jamie admitted. “I think she’s at least a second year.”

“I guess there vill be types like her at this school,” the blue mutant grimaced. “Wonder vhat made her think we vould know vhat her brother looks like anyway.”

Jamie just shrugged. Looking outside the window it appeared to be getting dark, storm clouds were gathering overhead. Kurt had always hated storms especially ones with lightning and loud crashes of thunder. The lights in the compartment came on as Kurt finally sat back down, he hoped that Jamie was right and that the girl was at least a year above them as he didn’t want to end up being in the same class as her.

“Do you know how long this journey is,” Kurt asked.

Jamie shook his head. “I know about as much as you do,” he reminded him. “I don’t want to ask any of the older kids either.”

Kurt shook his head, he didn’t want to either. Since none of them had come to sit with him in the compartment, he began to wonder if they had seen him whilst he had been asleep and thought of him as a demon, now they would be fearing him and that was the reason they stayed away. Still he had made one friend already and so he would have to tell his parents all about Jamie. He was glad to be able to start school for the first time with a friend, after leaving Germany he had become worried that he would end up having no friends at all.

“Did you go to school before?” Jamie asked.

“Nein,” Kurt replied, shaking his head. “Not looking like this.”

“Sorry,” the brown haired boy apologised, he realised that he probably shouldn’t have asked that question. “I was told I couldn’t go to school once my parents found out about my power in case I accidentally multiplied during class. I think they might be ashamed of me being a mutant.”

“I think that’s the reason my parents abandoned me when I was a baby,” Kurt sighed, his unknown past troubled him deeply.

“You ever wonder who they were?” Jamie then asked.

Kurt nodded, “All the time,” he admitted. He looked down at his feet, his mother had made him special shoes to fit his odd-shaped feet. “Usually vhy they just abandoned me like that.” He closed his eyes. “I know it vas because of how I look.”

“But you found a loving family didn’t you?”

Kurt nodded. “Ja, best foster family a mutant could ask for,” he said, managing a small smile. “Couldn’t ask for anything else.”

Jamie looked out the window, the rain had started to come down. “Well here we are, the famous British weather,” he remarked with a smirk.

Kurt just shrugged, “It is the same in my part of Germany,” he said.

Jamie smirked at him. “Doesn’t rain as much in Kansas,” he replied. “Hot in summer, cold in winter.”

The blue mutant screwed up his face. “I hate it vhen it is hot,” he said. “With my fur it ist murder.”

Much to Kurt’s annoyance, Jamie burst out laughing. “Man that must suck, you can’t get a tan,” the brown haired boy remarked.

“Ja and I leave fur everywhere,” Kurt grinned. “My mother ist alvays complaining about it vhen she does the hovering.”

Jamie laughed, “I can just see it know,” he said.

Kurt’s eyes crossed to the compartment door, he was sure he’d seen something orange walk past. Maybe he had been seeing things, but there were a lot of students passing their compartment. Were they near the school already?

“Wonder what's going on out there?” Jamie remarked.

“Not sure,” Kurt replied.

“Initiation maybe?” the brown haired boy then said. “If so then I’m staying in here.”

A sly smirked crossed Kurt’s face. “Chicken?” he asked.

Jamie sat back in the seat and slouched down. “Nope just don’t feel like going out there,” he said before looking over at Kurt and grinning. “I bet you are.”

Kurt shook his head and put his feet up on the seat. “Too comfortable in here,” he remarked.

They watched as a couple of students ran past. This they suspected was down to boredom more then anything else, after all there was nothing for them to do on the train. Except for the strange girl, no one else seemed to be bothering them.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Neither Kurt nor Jamie had realised the train had pulled into a station as the journey finally ended. They had been so wrapped up in their chatter that the jolt of the train stopping was the only thing that alerted them to their arrival.
“I think that’s our call,” Jamie said getting up, collecting the two duplicates that had been created from the bump. Both of which had ended up sprawled on the floor.

Kurt nodded as he too stood up. Outside the compartment they could see other students all trying to get off the train. There was an older teen who wore red sunglasses stood beside the door to their compartment as they got out.

“You two, hurry up,” he told them, sounding impatient.

Kurt and Jamie just looked at each other as they joined the other students out on the platform. Most of the older students knew exactly where to go and some were pushing bewildered first years out of the way. Near the back of the crowd at the other end of the station, Jamie saw what looked like a large hairy hand rising above the crowd.

“First years this way,” a voice bellowed.

The pair of them, along with a few other first years made their way over to where a feral looking mutant stood. Kurt grimaced as he saw the girl from earlier was standing near them.

“Right four to a boat,” the large mutant then told them, pointing to the boats that lined the edge of the lake.

“He doesn’t look like a teacher,” Jamie remarked.

“He’s not,” came a voice from beside them. “That’s Victor Creed, he’s the groundskeeper.”

“Oh,” the brown haired boy replied.

The boy who had been next to them, rushed off to get into one of the boats, “Come on or you’ll end up with a Maximoff,” he told them, grinning.
Neither of them knew who or what a Maximoff was so they quickly went and climbed into the same as the boy, there was a single lantern at the front of the boat, which was the only light. They could see as other boats filled up, they left the bank and moved slowly across the lake. It wasn’t until a girl climbed in that their boat began its crossing. Kurt was glad that it wasn’t the girl from before.

“So what’s your names?” the boy asked.

“Jamie Madrox.”

“Kurt Wagner.”

“Well the names Alex Summers, pleased to meet you,” the boy said before looking over at the girl. “And what’s your name?”

The girl looked over at them. “Kitty Pryde,” she said, almost looking scared to talk to them.

Kurt looked up from the boat and shrouded in lights he saw that they were heading towards a large castle. “Wow this ist some kind of school,” he said in awe.

The others turned their heads in the direction of the school. It looked like a fantasy castle, it was so magnificent Kurt wondered why he or his parents had never heard of it before. Surely a castle like this would be well known since it stood out so easily. Against the moonlit sky, the outline of the castle was clear. It looked as though all the lights in the castle were on as it was brightly lit up.

“My bro said it looked better in real life,” Alex mentioned.

“You have a brother here?” Jamie asked.

“Yeah! Scott,” he replied. “Sixth year prefect.”

“Prefect?” Kurt asked, he’d never heard that term before.

“Stuck up student that pushes around smaller kids because he has a badge that says he’s a prefect,” Alex remarked with a sly grin. “It’s sort of doing the work that the staff can’t be assed to do.”

The girl, Kitty, stayed quiet, as she didn’t care about talking to the three boys who were obviously getting along just fine without her input.

“Ah,” the blue mutant replied.

“Had to put up with him all summer,” he remarked as the boat finally hit dry land.

“Right everyone out and follow me,” the groundskeeper yelled.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

The first years entered the castle by way of a door as the bottom of the cliffs. Inside were steps cut into the cliffs that led into the darkness above. That was until one by one torches were lit all up the steps. The groundskeeper grunted as he began climbing the steps with the first years in tow. Kurt eventually lost count at how many steps there were as he and the others followed the hulking figure. After what felt like an age, they finally made it to the top. Creed pushed open the heavy door and led them into an area at the bottom of a staircase.

Professor Munroe was stood at the top waiting for them. “Thank you Creed, I’ll take them from here,” she said.

The groundskeeper nodded and walked off, mumbling something.
“Right before we go any further there are some things you need to understand,” Professor Munroe began. “At the top of this staircase is the door to the Great Hall, there you’ll be sorted into one of the houses before the start of year feast. When you name is called out, go over to where the headmaster will be waiting once sorted head straight for your house’s table. One last thing, try to behave as we do not wish for a repeat of last years fire.”

There were murmurings amongst the first years as Professor Munroe opened up the doors behind her. Along with the other first years, Kurt was amazed at the size of the great hall. He could feel the eyes of every student sat at the fours tables watching him, to try and ignore that fact he looked over at what he guessed was the teachers table since Professor Xavier was sat there with several more adults. Professor Munroe led the first years up to the front of the hall. The hall itself reminded Kurt of the inside of a cathedral, he had only ever seen that on the telly though.

Once in front of the table, Professor Xavier stood up and walked over to a lone stool set up in front of the four tables. Before standing behind it, he passed a book to Professor Munroe. “And now we come to the most important part of the first day celebrations, the sorting of the first years,” he said. “Professor Munroe if you would please.”

She opened up the book, flipped over a couple of pages. “Allerdyce, John.” she called out.

From the back of the group of first years, a small blond boy pushed his way through. He was grinning as the two Professors got him to sit down. Once done, Professor Xavier placed his hands on the boy’s temples and closed his eyes. For a moment, silence but then the Professor called out, “Mystique.”
One of the tables burst out into cheers as the boy joined them. Some more students were sorted.

“Guthrie, Jebediah.”

This time a brown haired boy went and sat down, after a few moments Professor Xavier called out, “Gambit.” That time a different table cheered.
A few more students were called out and were sorted before, “Madrox, James.”

Jamie shrugged at his two new friends and went to sit down. This time Professor Xavier took a bit longer to sort him. “Wolverine,” he said after a while. The table near the side of the hall cheered as he ran over to join them.
“Maximoff, Pietro.”

A thin blond boy stepped out and went to sit on the stool.

So that is a Maximoff,’ Kurt thought to himself in German, before the boy joined up with the Mystique table.

“Maximoff, Wanda.”

This time the girl from the train walked up to the stool, Professor Xavier didn’t even have to spend long with her as he quickly announced, “Mystique.”
Once she was seated, more first years went up and were sorted. Then it came to, “Pare, Samuel.”

A hushed silence fell over the great hall as a boy stepped forward and walked over to the stool. Kurt felt somewhat relieved that this boy looked just as different from everyone else as he did. He was orange and had facial fins, it also looked apparent that with the blue eyes, the boy didn’t have eyelids. Murmuring began spreading along the four tables. The poor boy looked absolutely frightened.

“Wolverine,” the headmaster called out and the Wolverine table cheered.
Samuel Pare looked nervous as he joined the table, but it seemed that his new housemates were accepting him with open arms. Kurt felt much better now and he began hoping to be sorted into Wolverine.

“Pryde, Katherine.”

She walked up to the stool and sat down on the stool. The headmaster seemed to take his time, judging by the look on his face it might have been because he was unsure of which house to send her to. His face seemed to twitch before announcing, “Wolverine.”

A few more students, “Summers, Alexander.”

Kurt began to feel alone, as Alex was another to be sorted into Wolverine. By the time it was his turn he was the last one standing and he could tell everyone’s eyes were on him. It was a very unsettling to have everyone staring at him, he guessed that Samuel had felt the same.

“Wagner, Kurt.”

Kurt sighed, here went nothing. He sat down on the stool and suddenly had a strange feeling come over him, Professor Xavier was in his mind.

‘Interesting,’ he heard the headmasters voice say in his head. ‘A lot of potential, the intelligence and the urge to succeed to prove yourself to others, whom would judge you by your appearance and that would be good for Storm. However you have a cunning streak, a habit strong enough to place you in Mystique.’

Kurt remembered that Mystique was were that creepy girl had been sorted. ‘Not Mystique,’ he thought.

‘Not Mystique?’ Professor Xavier asked in his head. ‘You could do well there, it would help you fulfil your potential. However since you don’t want to go there I’ll place you where your strongest trait is favoured, you are brave Kurt, very brave this house will be just as perfect for you as Mystique would have been.’
“Wolverine,” he said at last and the Wolverine table cheered.

With Kurt settled down next to Alex, the sorting was over. The two Professors had gone to sit down.

“I remind you that, as is the case every year, the House Cup is up for grabs to the house which gains the most points over the coming year. Points will be given for excellent behaviour and good work, but any rule breaking will cost your house points. A few things to pass on, the second corridor on the third floor is off limits to anyone who does not wish to meet a nasty end and as always Muir Forest is strictly off limits,” Professor Xavier said. “Now let the feast begin.”

He clapped his hands and plates flew in and settled down on each table with a huge variety of foods. The hall echoed with the sound of chatter as the feast began. Kurt grabbed as much as he could eat, he had never felt so hungry and so nervous in his life. Others around him were doing the same. Most of the chat was to do with where people came from. Jamie, Alex and Kitty were all American, though he’d already known that by their accents. He was sure he heard Samuel mention that he was Canadian.

“Vhen do classes start?” Kurt asked.

“Wednesday, tomorrow’s a day off since it’s almost midnight now,” an older student said.

Kurt looked over at the student, he didn’t look much older then he was so he was guessing second or third year student. What interested him were the silver streaks in the boys black hair. Another thing he noticed was the fact that no one appeared to be using their powers. Admittedly he hadn’t looked over the school rules so he wondered if using powers in certain areas was against school rules. The Headmaster hadn’t mentioned any rules other then a couple of forbidden places to go.

“Don’t worry, I was like this last year, first year I was very nervous,” the boy with the silver streaks said. “Its worse when your twin sister keeps gossiping to her friends about you.”

“Try having a big brother,” Alex remarked.

“I’m an only child,” Jamie mentioned.

“Me too,” Kurt said almost glumly, he’d always wanted to have a brother.

“Lucky,” both Alex and the other boy said, looking at each other.

Unexpectedly a transparent head popped up through the table. “Ah first years,” he said, “Welcome to Bàghbaile School of Mutants.”

“Hello Nearly Headless Nick, how was your summer?” a third year boy with a deep Russian accent asked.

“Oh the usual,” the ghost replied as more ghosts appeared in the Great Hall. “Wandering the halls, haunting the place.”

“Nearly headless, how can you be nearly headless?” Kitty remarked.

Nick flicked his head to one and showed that it was only still attached to the rest of the body by way of a slab of skin that hadn’t been cut like the rest of his neck had. “Hurt like hell when it happened too,” he remarked, and with that he floated off.

“That’s disgusting,” Kitty again remarked with a disgusted look upon her face.

“You will get used to it,” the Russian boy told her. “Like everything here.”

At the teacher’s table, Professor Xavier stood up and clapped his hands. “I’m afraid that is it for the feast,” he announced. “It is after midnight and I am sure you all wish to get some sleep.”
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Let me know whether I should carry on or not. If by any small chance anyone likes this tell me other wise I'll just get the impression I'm a shite writer who should give up.

For five boys to sleep in the same dorm room whom had never met each other before, sleep was just never going to happen, at least not until pure exhaustion took over anyway. The five of them were sat at the ends of their beds, the room was dark since there were no lights on, the boys not wanting to alert any staff to the fact that they were still awake.

“What do you think about this school so far?” Sammy asked the others.

“It’s strange,” Jamie commented, “Nothing like boarding schools are meant to be like.”

“None of the others cater for mutants,” Alex pointed out. “Most aren’t castles either.”

“It’s all a big secret, I didn’t know mutants existed until I fell down the stairs and the headmaster turned up on the farm and told me and my parents,” Jamie told the others. “It would be cool if we could all be superhero’s like in comics.”

“It’s too Harry Potter,” Sammy remarked, folding his arms.

The other four stared at him, to which he just shrugged.

“Well apparently they only recently started having the first years cross the lake in a boat,” Alex then mentioned, breaking the silence. “Some of the prefects thought it would be a better idea then leaving the first years waiting around while the other years settled down before the sorting ceremony.”

“And the school itself?” Sammy then asked.

“Has been here for hundreds of years as a school for mutants,” the blond American then explained. “It’s changed over the years though, at least that’s what I’ve been told anyway.”

Kurt was lying on his stomach resting his head on his arms. Judging by the way Sammy was talking, it seemed as though he wasn’t into Harry Potter. Personally, Kurt enjoyed reading the books and plenty of times he wished he could go to a school where no one would be afraid of his appearance. He also thought that Sammy probably felt the same way.

“Still too Harry Potter,” the Canadian boy replied. “It feels like a rip off.”

The other boys laughed at that and Sammy just shrugged it off.

“Canadians,” Alex muttered, rolling his eyes.

“I heard that,” Sammy growled.

Alex smirked but said nothing.

“Well I like Harry Potter,” Kurt admitted. “It’s always helped me to read when I had to hide due to someone coming to the farm, I’ve been doing that for as long as I can remember.”

“You were born like that?” Sammy asked.

“Ja?” he said, he looked puzzled at what the Canadian boy had just asked. “Why, vere you not alvays like that?”

Sammy shook his head. “A year ago I looked like a normal boy,” he said, there was a hint of sadness in his voice. “Still had orange hair though.”

Kurt then had a thought. “Vere your parents mutants too?” he asked the others.

They all shook their heads.

“Actually I lost mine in a plane crash when I was six,” Alex then mentioned. “I sure don’t remember anything unusual about then.”

“Maybe I vas born this way because my parents vere mutants.” He said, his eyes moved downwards. “I vould not know since they abandoned me as a baby.”

“That sucks,” Carter said.

Kurt just nodded, it did ‘suck’ to be abandoned but he was happy with the family he had. In fact he couldn’t be happier and he was already missing them.

“I reckon the school knows who they are,” Alex mentioned. “If they were mutants then they came here, almost every mutant in history came here.”
“Really?” Kurt asked. Admittedly, he had always wanted to find out who his biological parents were.

Of course there was always the chance that he wouldn’t like who they were or he’d never find him. He never thought he’d be given such a good chance to find them like this however, then again he’d never have imagined there being a school for mutants. It would be too good an opportunity to pass up, it sounded to him like Alex knew what to do.

“Yep,” Alex beamed. “If you ever lose your memory this school’s the best place to find out who you are.”

“Problem is you won’t remember going to this school either,” Jamie remarked and burst out laughing.

“They’ll just have to find you instead,” the blond boy replied.

The others just looked at him.

“How do they do that?” Sammy asked.

“Dunno,” he shrugged. “They did find you lot after all.”

Sammy folded his arms. “Like it’s hard not to find someone who looks like me,” he said, glaring at Alex.

Obviously Sammy hated the way he looked, Kurt couldn’t blame him however. He himself had often hated his demonic looks and wished that he could have been a normal boy. “They found me on an out of the way farm so Alex might be right,” he pointed out.

Sammy shook his head.

“You were seen,” Carter then said.

Kurt looked over at him, since the moon had come out from behind some clouds the moonlight had brightened up the room a bit and made it easier for them to see. “Well, ja kind of,” he admitted. “There vere some gypsies camped on one of der nearby farms und a gypsy boy saw me.”

“Urgh,” Alex said screwing up his face. “I feel sorry for you then, hope they weren’t Maximoff’s.”

Kurt shook his head. “No he vas a Szardos,” he said.

“Meh, gypsies are all the same,” Alex shrugged.

“What have you got against gypsies anyway?” Sammy asked.

Alex shrugged. “When you get to know the Maximoff’s more you’ll understand,” he replied before looking over at Kurt. “At least here that gypsy boy won’t find you.”

That was true, Kurt thought. Stefan was rather weird but at least he kept his promise in not telling anyone at his gypsy camp about him. Especially after he had called him a blue devil, who knows what the others might have done had they known about him. He already knew he had been lucky to have been found by the parents he had now otherwise he could have suffered a terrible fate. Something made him glad that he didn’t tell Stefan that the boarding school he was going to go to was in Scotland, knowing how weird he was the young gypsy boy would have probably tried to find out where the school was.
“You sure you don’t know Alex?” Jamie asked him. “Your brother never say anything about it?”

Alex shook his head. “To be honest I doubt even he knows.”

“You know we should be trying to sleep,” Sammy told the others.

“Can’t sleep,” Jamie remarked.

“Ja,” Kurt agreed and gave a yawn. “Back on der farm I vould be getting up soon anyway.”

“Guess you would be first to fall asleep then,” Alex grinned.

“Nein,” the German boy replied, shaking his head. “I fall asleep on der train earlier.”

Alex laughed. “You fell asleep on the train? It was too noisy to do that,” he said in disbelief.

“The others getting on woke me up,” he protested.

“It’s true, he was awake when I found him,” Jamie pointed out.

“Vell I did get on near der farm in Germany,” Kurt explained. “I vas bored und der vas nothing else to do.”

Alex jumped off his bed and walked over to the window. He could see the moonlight lit over the lake below the castle. “I would love to know how they find mutants like us,” he said. “I wonder if they know we’re mutants from birth.”

“They know but won’t tell us until we leave,” Carter told them.

“I do hate the way you do that,” Sammy groaned.

“I know,” Carter grinned.

Before anyone could say anything more, the heavy door to their dorm room began to creep open. The four boys dived for their bed cover and pretended to be asleep. A figure looked into the dorm room and a female spoke.

“I shall know if anyone should still be awake when I leave,” she softly said.

The five boys took notice of the warning and soon they had fallen asleep.

Something was shaking him, he was sure of it. Of course to Kurt it was like every morning, being woken up by his mother to go and help his father milk the cows. He rolled over in bed, his eyes still closed and said in German, “But I don’t want to milk the cows mother.

Hearing laughing Kurt quickly opened his eyes, he slowly remembered that he was no longer on the farm and was instead at a boarding school.

“Get up Kurt we’re not gonna let you go back to sleep,” a voice warned him, it was Alex.

Kurt groaned as his vision returned and he saw the blond mutant stood above him. “Early bird wakes the late mutant,” he grinned. “Come on or you’ll miss breakfast.”

“Vhat time ist it?” the blue mutant groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

“Just gone 9am,” he replied.

Kurt sighed again, he just wanted to go back to sleep. However knowing his body clock that was not going to be possible. “Ok I vill get up,” he groaned.

“Good we’ll meet you out front,” Alex said before running out of the dorm.

Kurt lazily swung his legs over the side of his bed and stood up. Looking around, he realised that he was going to be the last one to leave the dorm. He didn’t care though as until Alex woke him, he had been dreaming of riding a huge red dragon. “Vhy me,” he sighed, getting into his clean clothes that no longer smelled like a farm, he was sure they were the clothes he had brought from home and he was sure there were no maids sneaking around at night cleaning everything, so he just put it down as another school mystery.

Out in the common room everything was quiet, Kurt guessed that everyone was either still in bed or having breakfast in the great hall. As he passed through the large portrait that served as the entrance, he looked out into the hallway. It was dark and lit by primitive torches, primitive to the young mutant in the way that they weren’t powered by electricity. There also didn’t appear to be anyone around the hallway either. He was probably thankful for that since he was still worried about people saying things about his blue fur. Apart from Sammy and Professor McCoy, everyone appeared to look normal compared to him. He then headed down the stairs that led down to the front doors.

“Hey demon boy,” came a voice from the bottom of the stairs.

Kurt closed his eyes as he recognised the voice, it was the girl from the train, Wanda if he could remember correctly from the sorting ceremony. “Don’t call me a demon,” he growled, seeing her walking up the stairs toward him.

She just smirked at him and said, “Why not? I like demons.”

He was very much agreeing in with Jamie on the fact that she was creepy, especially by the way she was grinning at him. “I am not a demon,” he protested.

“I think you’re cute demon boy,” Wanda told him, running a finger along his chin.

Kurt felt a cold shiver go right down his spine and into the tip of his tail, which was now twitching nervously. Before he could say anything more, Wanda had begun to climb the stairs past him. “I’ll be watching you,” she said, looking over her shoulder at him.

Kurt shivered and quickly made his way down to the front doors. He found his exit blocked, it was Pietro.

“Listen you blue furred freak,” the blond boy began, “You keep away from my sister, got it?”

Kurt said nothing and pushed Pietro aside and walked out the front door. Alex and Jamie were waiting for him beside a tree next to the lake. Alex raised a hand as they saw him. Before he could make his way over to them however, he felt a push from behind and was sent tumbling to the ground.
“You blue furred freak you don’t do that to me,” Pietro sneered.

As he picked himself up from the ground, Kurt saw his two friends running up to help him. He knew Pietro was alone, it was just the four of them out there.
“Leave him alone Maximoff,” Alex told him.

A sneer appeared on the Mystique students face. “Oh look a Summers,” he sneered. “Should have guessed you would be sticking up for the blue furred freak.”

“At least I use my real last name Maximoff, at least my father didn’t steal someone’s identity to hide behind,” Alex replied.

“You leave my father out of this,” Pietro growled. “This is between me and the blue furred freak.”

“And us,” Alex then corrected. “You pick on my friends and you will have to deal with me as well.”

Pietro managed a crooked grin, “That suits me just fine slow poke,” he said.
“An’ if you pick on a Wolverine den you deal wit’ all o’ us,” came a voice from behind him.

Pietro felt a hand grab hold of his neck. “Hey hands off the merchandise,” he complained, he then tried kicking his attacker but to no avail.
“Non,” came the reply. “Remy t’ink dat we should show what we Wolverines do to Mystique brats.”

The boy was now struggling to free himself from the older students grip. Remy held him up so that Pietro’s feet were no longer touching the ground, he was still trying to run off. “How ‘bout we dunk him in de lake,” he then suggested.

“Hey that’s breaking school rules,” Pietro protested.

“Since when do Mystiques care ‘bout school rules,” the older student then said as he looked over at the trio.

It was then that Kurt noticed Remy’s eyes, they were black with red pupils. Remy then began to walk down the path toward the lake.

“Hey, hey put me down,” Pietro continued to complain.

“This should be interesting,” Alex grinned as they followed.

Jamie was laughing as he was already picturing the blond being thrown into the lake. Kurt however was expecting a teacher to show up before they even got to it. No matter how hard he tried, Pietro couldn’t get Remy to let him go and soon they were stood at the edge of the lake.

“Right someone grab his legs,” Remy told them.

“No!” Pietro yelled.

Alex was of course the one who volunteered. He walked around and grabbed the boy’s legs, avoiding the kicks aimed at him. Remy let go of his neck and grabbed his arms before swinging the frightened boy. Both he and Alex began swinging harder and harder before Remy yelled, “Now!”

Both let go and Pietro flew through the air, he screamed just before hitting the water with a huge splash and the four Wolverine boys burst out laughing. As the very wet Pietro stumbled out of the water, he glared at them. “You will pay for that,” he promised.

‘Remy Lebeau, Alexander Summers, James Madrox and Kurt Wagner, my office now,’ came Professor Xavier’s voice.
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NWKurt »

Very good Gar. Keep it up. It is nice to see a fresh view of a younger Kurt and friends.

LOL, Poor Kurt getting teased by Wanda... I know just what he was going through!!

Doing a great job, keep going!!

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

This is great! More! More!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

She's not really teasing him, she's just completely insane :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I like it! (don't know why I missed it; a LOT of posts just appeared today for me.) I always like fics that speculate on Kurt's past.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Kurt couldn’t believe it, lessons hadn’t yet started and he was already expecting to be expelled. He was sat quietly outside the headmaster’s office with the other three awaiting their fate. Remy didn’t seem too bothered, he just kept kinetically charging what looked like a playing card and making it go out again. Jamie looked scared and Alex was just grinning to himself. It was obvious to Kurt that the older mutant had been in trouble like this in the past.
“So vhat ist the deal with der Maximoff’s,” Kurt then asked.

“It’s mostly because of their father,” Alex told him. “He’s an active member of The Acolytes.”

“Alleged Alex,” Remy corrected, “But we all t’ink it be very likely.”

Alex nodded, “Everyone says he is the ringleader but working for someone else, someone bigger but no one knows who that is.”

“Freaky family,” Jamie remarked.

Kurt shuddered with the thought that Wanda appeared to be interested in him.

“Oui,” Remy agreed.

“Best not to mention it in front of them,” Alex warned.

And it was at that moment that Wanda Maximoff stormed into the waiting area outside the headmaster’s office. Kurt shuddered once more. Her eyes crossed the room, looking at each of them before settling on Kurt. Her scowling face turned to a grin, “Demon boy,” she said.

“Ach nein,” Kurt groaned, if it hadn’t for the fact that he was waiting to see the headmaster, he would have teleported himself back to the Wolverine common room.

He saw Alex laughing as she took the seat next to him. “Looks like Kurt’s picked up a girlfriend already,” the blond laughed.

Remy and Jamie also laughed, but Kurt was frightened. This was a Maximoff and after what they had just told him, he didn’t want to be near her. Then again he didn’t know what an Acolyte was, but he was sure that they couldn’t be good the way Remy and Alex and talked about them. Wanda was sat on the chair sideways facing Kurt, the way she looked at him was really freaking him out.

“I’m here cause I hexed that Australian brat,” Wanda admitted, still grinning at him. “What are you here for?”

“Er…” Kurt began to say, but found himself too nervous to say anything.
“We dunk a lil brat in de lake,” Remy said, making sure as to not mention that it was Pietro.

“You Wolverines do that every year,” Wanda remarked. “Or so I’m told.”

Remy, Alexander, James and Kurt you may come into my office now,’ came Professor Xavier’s voice, much to the relief of Kurt.

Whilst he was still worried about what might happen, he was first in through the door to get away from Wanda. Professor Xavier’s office looked massive, it had a Tardis feel about it the way it seemed larger on the inside then on the outside. There was the main room where the headmaster was sat behind his desk with steps leading up to another room, probably his private living quarters. Though from where he was stood, he could see bookcases stacked as high as the ceiling. In front of the desk were four empty seats.

“Come on sit down,” Professor Xavier told them.

The four of them did as they were told and sat down, they could all tell that he was not pleased with them. His eyes turned to Remy.

“Now Remy, I had been hoping that your behaviour would have improved over the summer,” he began, quickly his eyes turned to each of the other three before going back to the Cajun mutant. “However I see that you have instead taken to dragging first years down to your level.”

Remy was grinning to himself at the way the headmaster had put it.

“Remy Lebeau, this is no laughing matter,” he sternly told him. “I have in the past warned you on your conduct many times. As for you three ten points each will be deducted from Wolverine and your head of house Professor Munroe will be inclined to give you her own form of punishment. Remy, you however since you should already know better and so I will take twenty points from Wolverine for your part in this and you will have detention for a month, you will therefore serve it with Professor Logan.”

Remy’s eyes widened in horror, “But he hates Wolverine students,” he protested.

Professor Xavier raised an eyebrow. “Then maybe next time you will think before throwing a younger student into the lake,” he said. “Now you four are free to go, I hope you will spend the time from now until your first lessons wisely and I hope not to have to see any of you in here before then at least. One more thing, on the way out could you please tell Wanda Maximoff to come in.”

So it hadn’t been as bad as Kurt feared as they went back into the Wolverine common room. It was still empty so Alex walked over to the telly and switched it on, quickly he changed it to a music channel. Also in the common room was a hi-fi, computers however were in the computer room and were only available when there was an adult on duty.

“Is Professor Logan really that bad?” Jamie asked.

“Oui,” Remy nodded, settling down on a settee. He placed his foot on the other end and lay back. “Dat ‘cause he be de Head o’ Mystique an’ he be bitter an’ twisted ‘bout how he has no idea ‘bout his past.”

“Typical ex-Mystique student,” Alex remarked. “I heard he’s also a ‘redeemed’ Acolyte.”

“He is,” Remy said.

“Professor Xavier must be nuts to let him be a teacher here,” the blond then remarked.

“Not up to him, it be up to da Ministry,” the Cajun corrected.

“The Ministry?” Kurt asked.

“Yeah, the Ministry of Mutants, keeps us mutants under wraps and prevents knowledge of us away from non-mutants,” Alex explained. “It’s all overseen by some dude called John Proudstar.”

“He not de type t’take de chances with someone like Professor Logan,” Remy said, shaking his head.

Kurt raised his head from the chair he was sat it. “Mr Maximoff, he’s bribing the Ministry?” he thought.

“Oui,” the Cajun then said.

“Those are just rumours,” came a stern voice from behind them. “You shouldn’t spread rumours.”

Alex looked up and grinned, “Hey bro didn’t see ya there,” he said.
Scott walked past them. “There is nothing wrong with Professor Logan,” he told them. “He is just… just difficult, that’s all. I’m heading to the library to do some studying, you four should do the same.”

When Scott’s back was turned, Alex gave him the finger. Once his brother was out of earshot he sighed and said, “Normal people don’t study until the last minute.”

“I’m starved,” Kurt announced.

“Me too,” Alex agreed. “Hope they’re still serving breakfast.”

Looking over at the clock, it was still only ten to ten. They were in luck however as the cook was still around and was only too pleased to serve up some pancakes for them, they also had the choice of blueberry, maple syrup or chocolate sauce. Only Kurt went for blueberries while the others all went for maple syrup.

“Uh oh don’t look now but here comes a Mystique,” Alex warned the others.
They of course did look, in the rather empty great hall, save for a small group that appeared to be studying at the Storm table. Over at the other side of the hall, Pietro sat down at the Mystique table. He had obviously changed into dry clothes, his hair looked dry as well. There was also a short feral looking man talking to him.

“Dat be Professor Logan,” Remy told them.

“Midget,” Jamie remarked, looking over at him.

“I bet they’re talking about us,” Alex mentioned.

After a short while, the head of Mystique House marched over to them. “If you four try and pull that stunt again I will see to it personally that you are expelled,” he threatened and marched off again.

“What an ass,” Alex remarked.

Looking up, Kurt noticed that another boy had joined Pietro. “There are getting too many Mystiques in here,” he remarked, recognising John, who had been the first to be sorted.

“Oui,” Remy agreed.

“Back to the common room?” Jamie suggested.

Kurt shook his head. “What vere you going to do before Pietro interrupted?” he asked, trying to avoid looking over at the blond Mystique.

Alex just shrugged, “Nowhere really,” he admitted. “Just gonna explore, see what there is to do around here.”

“Besides lounge ‘bout de common room?” Remy asked.

Alex nodded and put down his fork now that he had finished his pancakes and sat back. Putting his hands behind his head he let out a rather long burp, which of course led to the other three bursting out into a fit of laughter. There were sounds of murmurings coming from the group at the Storm table, obviously disgusted by Alex’s manners. Over at the Mystique table, both Pietro and John stood up to leave.

“My magical burps,” Alex grinned. “A burp a day sends the filth away.”

“Shame it don’ keep dem away,” the Cajun remarked.

“When do we get told what our lessons are?” Jamie asked, he had been wondering that all morning.

“Ja, I vould have thought we vould have been given them last night,” Kurt said.

“We get our lesson slips after dinner,” Remy told them. “Dey send us back to de common room and de head o’ house gives dem out.”

“Well dunno about you guys,” Alex began to say as he stood up, “But I am up for causing some mayhem and mischief, wanna join me?”

The others looked at each other before agreeing on, “Sure,”
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

OK, I'm definitely sensing inspiration from Harry Potter. That's not a bad thing. :p

I love it; keep it up! :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

What a lesson to start his first ever day in school, Kurt didn’t like the idea of doing science. At least there were no Mystique students there however, it was just Wolverine and Storm students. The Professor was the one Kurt had been told about back at the farmhouse, Professor McCoy. He looked different to what he had been expecting though, he looked rather like a large blue-grey gorilla. Because of his limited English, Kurt didn’t understand some of the stuff that the professor was talking about, it was then that he realised it was going to be a very long day.

The two houses had been separated and the students of each house had then been separated in groups of four. Since Remy was a third year student, the trio found themselves teamed up with Kitty. Kurt suddenly thought that it was the boat trip all over again, he expected Kitty to be shy and silent like she had been back then. Up at the front of the class Professor McCoy was talking about DNA or something. The young blue mutant wasn’t really listening. It was boring, he had always hoped that school would have been more interesting then this. The professor pointed to something and looked like he asked a question.

Kitty’s hand shot up, “Human DNA,” she said.

“And what human gene in particular?” he then asked.

“The X-gene,” she replied.

Professor McCoy smiled, “Good he said, five points to Wolverine,” he announced. “Now I was hoping that you would have all known that at least. By next Monday I wish to receive a three-page essay from each of you on the x-gene. Don’t worry we’ll cover it more in the other two lessons but I would hope that you will use your spare time to study it in the library.”

The professor then went back to the desk and began putting away his stuff, “Alright, class dismissed,” he said.

Most students quickly grabbed their stuff and left the classroom. With the professor leaving afterwards, the trio were last to leave, as they were reluctant about going to the next lesson, history.

“Wonder what history will be like,” Jamie wondered as they left the classroom.

Out in the hallway, there were students everywhere and most of them were taller then they were.

“Apparently it’s a mix of mutant and non-mutant history,” Alex told them. “At least that’s what my bro says.”

“And how often do you believe what he says?” Jamie asked.

“Hmm, let me think,” the blond Wolverine thought before saying, “Never,” with a wide grin on his face.

Both Kurt and Jamie laughed. As they walked further along the hallway, they noticed the short professor watching them. Alex leaned over to the other two, “I bet he’s waiting for us to break the rules again,” he whispered.

“Probably,” Kurt agreed. “Better not give him the pleasure.”

“Good plan,” Alex nodded.

They walked on toward their next lesson trying hard to ignore the fact that Professor Logan was now following him. Unlike the other professors they had seen, he was wearing a long black robe. It certainly seemed out of place when compared to the clothes a lot of the students wore. They walked out onto the landing, they saw Pietro and a few other Mystique students went the corridor they new the history class was down.
“Oh great,” Alex sighed.

“That didn’t look too good,” Jamie remarked, as the trio crossed the landing.
“Ja,” Kurt agreed, “History with der Mystique’s. Can’t get any worse then that.”

As they wondered into class, Professor Logan wondered in after them.
“I think it just did,” Alex sighed with a shake of the head.

Once again the two houses were split into two groups, Kurt didn’t like the idea of having History with Mystique especially since Wanda was there. Out of the corner of his eye he saw her watching him.

“Sit down,” Professor Logan growled to those who had yet to sit down, which of course included the trio.

Not wanting to give him an excuse to take points away from Wolverine, they and a couple of other Wolverines quickly sat down. The professor glared at them, obviously he had been hoping to take some points away right then.
“Next time I want you all in your seats before I get here,” he told them. His face turned to a scowl. “Those who aren’t sitting cost their house five points for each student not sitting.” He was glaring at the Wolverines when he said that. “Those of you that are hoping Professor Braddock will return soon, don’t hold your breath.”

“So he ist not the real history teacher?” Kurt whispered to Alex, leaning over so that the professor wouldn’t hear.

“No,” Alex whispered back. “He’s just standing in because Professor Braddock is still away on some kind of trip. Usually Logan does the training down in the lower levels, which we won’t be going to until next year.”

“That ist good,”

“Not really, means we do boring training outside especially when it pisses down,”

“Oh great, my fur vill get wet,”

There was a grunt from the front of the class, “It would seem the demon has something he wishes to share with the class,” Professor Logan remarked.

“I am not a demon,” Kurt growled.

A grin crossed the professor’s face, “Of course, not red and you have fur,” he remarked. “So tell us what you were talking about or I will take points from Wolverine.”

Kurt looked over at the others. He could see Samuel was mouthing something along the lines of not telling him, so were Alex and Jamie. The blue mutant shook his head. Professor Logan then walked up to him and held up his right arm up, three adamantium claws appeared from his hand.

“Listen bub, I don’t take disobedience from anyone,” he warned, leaning in closer and put the claws away. “Especially from a demon Wolverine, you just cost your house twenty points.”

And with that, Professor Logan returned to the front of the classroom to properly start the lesson. It had already started badly and Kurt knew that it was not going to get any better, he just had to hope things would not get worse. Outside lightning flashed across the sky, he had been told that that was often a sign of Professor Munroe being angry with a student so at least he wasn’t the only one in trouble. Though it probably wasn’t as bad as being in trouble with Professor Logan.