Just a drawing...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Just a drawing...

Post by Snicket »

Hey-o. I haven't posted here in...::looks at watch::...about 6 months, but I did this picture recently, and I figured it would be of interest:

I actually sold a print of it to a Kurt fangirl at a con in Memphis. I was flattered that she liked my interpretation of him. So far, it's the only one I really like.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Just a drawing...

Post by TelegramSam »

I love his little smirk. :smirk

Too cute, Snicket! :D
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Just a drawing...

Post by Mistress D »

Wow! I simply love this! ^_^ The colors are so smooth, and I love his cute expression! I'll tell you what, I could never draw anything that good if my life depended on it. :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Just a drawing...

Post by Nightfollower »

Awwww, I love it! It's so cute and well done :love :)

My only crit though is his chin looks a bit big. Otherwise, *smooches pic* Niiiiiice! :D
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Just a drawing...

Post by taekwondodo »

Okay, that's just...gorgeous. I'd pay you for a print of it too, to be honest. Do you do internet sales?;)

The coloring is so smooth and vivid and he has such a three dimensional look. I love the tousled hair, the pose is greatn, and the look on his face...watch out, that boy's gonna get in some trouble.:smirk

I almost forgot to mention his hands and feet. So many people don't quite 'get' them. You certainly do, they're perfect.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Just a drawing...

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Very nicely done! The shading is marvelous, it makes the picture really pop off the page.

Don't be such a stranger Snicket! :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Just a drawing...

Post by shakspear »

I think that is a beautiful, fun-loving interpretation of our Elf! Wonderful shading and the dimensions of the head, body, hands and feet all come together! Good show:love
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Just a drawing...

Post by SheCat »

I love the little smile on his face. It just melts me. The color is also very smooth. I like it.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Murdock
Lubber
Lubber

Just a drawing...

Post by Murdock »

Whoo. *fans self*

That is a great picture. I love the way you did his hands. 'Cause, you know, sometimes when people draw them, they end out all wonky, like when I drew him. No wonkiness there, though.
Saol na saol, Tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo. Go deo.
Tóg do chroí.
Siúl trí na stoirmeacha. Tóg do chroísa. Gabh trí na stoirmeacha.
Turas mór. Trom trí na Stoirmeacha. :rainy
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Just a drawing...

Post by Mistress D »

Yeah, I forgot to mention the hands when I commented. Whenever I draw his hands they look awkward somehow, but you managed to make them totally real! :D Post more art soon, Snicket! ;)
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Just a drawing...

Post by Snicket »

I really appreciate all the positive feedback, you guys!:D It's good to hear that I got some things right. I'm pretty fond of the whole thing, except for a few coloring flubs. I'm very proud of how his face and hair came out. The coloring on the blue makes it look nice and soft, which I enjoy. I'd like to try some more finished pieces starring Kurt. I'll take ideas if anyone's willing to throw some at me.

taekwondodo: I'm afraid the only way you'll be able to get a print from me is if you find me at a con. You're not going to be attending Dragon*Con or Wizard World this year, are ye? Otherwise, I could certainly give you a high-res copy for you to print yourself.

Personally, I wouldn't mind have a print of this on my wall, but that strikes me as kind of vain.

I did another little pencil sketch at the aforementioned convention in Memphis, but I don't have it with me. I'll scan it when I can get my hands on it again.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Just a drawing...

Post by Lauren »

this picture is bootiful! *huggles artist tightly* he looks so smooth and cute!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Just a drawing...

Post by Saint Kurt »

This is very nice. I couldn't get your site to load but I went to your artblog. I was really impressed with what I saw there as well as here. I really like how you present such strong characterization while somehow remaining quite subtle in your approach. Your art has a unique voice which is totally refreshing to see.

Oh, and I really liked Murphy by the way. I was hoping to see more of him but a few of the images didn't load.

Thanks for sharing this.
-e
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Just a drawing...

Post by Snicket »

Originally posted by zamweasel
This is very nice. I couldn't get your site to load but I went to your artblog. I was really impressed with what I saw there as well as here. I really like how you present such strong characterization while somehow remaining quite subtle in your approach. Your art has a unique voice which is totally refreshing to see.

Oh, and I really liked Murphy by the way. I was hoping to see more of him but a few of the images didn't load.

Thanks for sharing this.
-e
Sorry about some of the stuff not loading. My old host seems to be gone. I need to find a replacement. And I have more Murphy art, since you seem interested...
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Just a drawing...

Post by Saint Kurt »

I'd love to see them.

I was totally intriqued by your little bio and what artwork I saw was really cute.

-e