Kurt Wagner and Bàghbaile School of Mutants (Discontinued

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Right, this is the fic I threatened to call "GIR sings the Doom Song" in chat :D It's only a work in progress and I hope to think up a better title for it soon. I will add to it when I'm happy with what I've written.

Just a note the speech in italics are not English but German, I'm useless at translating into German so I have written those in English.

Lightning flashed across the sky and the crash of thunder followed. The rain came down heavy as a robed figure ran across a muddy field. In the figures arms was a small bundle, the crying of a baby could be heard. As the figure ran, there appeared to be no one following. It was just the robbed figure and the baby, but the figure was afraid. Something unknown could have been following.

Up ahead was a farmhouse. The figure ran straight for it knowing it was the only thing to do. The farmhouse grew nearer and nearer, safety was at hand. A light was visible through one of the windows so there was at least someone home. Inside were a farmer and his wife settling down to an evening in front of a fire. Little did they know what was about to arrive on their doorstep. They were first alerted by heavy knocking on the door.

“Who could that be?” the farmer asked in German.

“Go and find out,“ his wife replied.

The farmer groaned as he stood up from his armchair, he’d had a hard day at work on the farm and hadn’t banked on anyone coming to the door at this time of the evening. He crossed the room and opened the door, only to find that there was no one standing out there. About to turn and shut the door, he heard the sound of a baby crying. Looking down he saw the bundle and picked it up and took it into the farmhouse. His wife had heard the crying and had come over to see what had been at the door. They both looked down at the bundle in the farmers hands and looked in shook at what they saw. Instead of a human baby, they saw the face of what looked like a blue furry demon.

“What is it?” his wife asked.

“I don’t know,” he replied. “It looks like a demon.”

“But it’s just a baby, it looks harmless,” she then said, scratching at the babies chin. The baby began to giggle which made her eyes light up. “See harmless, just like a baby.”

“Oh sure it’s cute now but wait until it’s a demon teenager,” the farmer groaned.

“I can see him as a Kurt.”

“You can tell it’s a he without looking?”

“Of course I can.”

From the window, the robed figure watched. Knowing the baby was safe in the hands of the couple, it turned around and left.
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Awwwww!!:kiss Kurt is such a cutie*huggles*. Please tell there is more?
one name: Bruce Campbell
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Yep there's more :)
I'll be posting the next chapter soon, probably this evening.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt Wagner and Bàghbaile School of Mutants (Discontinued)

Post by Nightcrawlis »

As promised, part 2.

12 years later

“Kurt? Kurt! Kurt wake up this instant!”

Kurt Wagner rolled over in his bed, he instantly knew that he had overslept, his mothers shouting told him that. He was supposed to get up to go and help his father on the farm, being 6am that meant bringing in the cows to be milked. As he rolled over and slid out of bed, he began to dread another day of working on the farm. Most of the time he would be hiding away from the people that came and went at the farm. His wish was to be able to go to school, to be with other kids his own age but the blue fur and tail prevented that. Kurt knew what would probably happen if anyone found out about him and would be made worse by the fact that there were a lot of deeply religious people in the nearby villages who would class him as a demon. He could recall from his mother tutoring in history what people had done to witches, burned them at the stake and no doubt they would do the same to a demon.

“Kurt! Get up now!” his mother yelled again.

“I’m coming mother,” he yelled back.

“This instance,” came the response.

Kurt suddenly imagined himself walking into the kitchen where his parents would be waiting for him. Since he had overslept they would both be mad at him. His father was no doubt waiting for him to help bring in the cows, he hated it when his father got angry. A couple of weeks ago he found out he had a strange power, one that seemed out of place. It had been when he accidentally gone into the bulls field wearing red overalls, he had forgotten that that had been the field containing the bull as he had been asked to mend the fence in the field next to it. Taking a shortcut through that field had almost been his undoing. When the bull charged at him he got so scared he closed his eyes and the only thing he thought of was his bedroom, which felt strange at the time. There was no hit from the bull and it had been close, instead as he had opened his eyes again he had found himself back in his bedroom. Somehow he had teleported himself through fear, he was so scared about what had happened he never told his parents about it.

“About time you got up,” his mother told him, “your father is waiting for you.”

“Yes mother,” Kurt said before putting on his overalls and leaving the farmhouse.

It felt like an age before all the cows had been milked and returned to the fields, and then it was only a matter of washing down the milking parlour before he could go back into the farmhouse and have breakfast. That took half an hour and he hurriedly made his way back. In the kitchen he found his mother and father sat at the table, also sat at the table were a man and woman he had never seen before. If his parents had company they would give prior warning or come and tell him so something like this didn’t happen. The boys first instinct was to run.

“Kurt sit down,” his mother told him, she was now speaking in English.

Kurt did as he was told, he wasn’t exactly going to disobey his mother. As he sat down he noticed that the two visitors didn’t appear to be afraid of him, instead they were smiling. Then it dawned on him, were his parents planning on selling him to a circus freakshow. No they wouldn’t do that, would they? The young boy looked again at the couple, they didn’t look to be the circus type. The man was bald, but had a smart look about him, the woman looked like a white-haired African goddess.

“Kurt these people vould like to speak to you,” his mother told him.

He began to think once more that they were selling him to a circus.

“My name is Professor Charles Xavier,” the bald man began to say. “We have come to speak with you because Cerebro detected a unique ability that you have, your ability to teleport.”

Kurt was shocked to find out someone knew about that, he thought he had been able to keep that a secret.

“Master Wagner, I am Headmaster at the Bàghbaile School for Mutants in Scotland,” Professor Xavier told him. “There you will be able to study with other students just like you without fear of persecution from those who do not understand us.”

Kurt noticed that the woman was staying silent. “I have alvays vanted to go to school,” he said. “But everyone vould be scared of my apperance.”

Professor Xavier nodded with understanding. “I understand your fear and your appearance won’t be a problem,” he said.

“I can see you getting on very well with Professor McCoy,” the woman said, breaking her silence.

“Vhy?” Kurt asked.

“Because he has blue fur just like you,” she smiled.

“Wow, really?” he gleamed, his pale yellow eyes lit up.

Both she and Professor Xavier nodded. Kurt then looked toward his parents who were both smiling, with the school being in Scotland, it would mean that he wouldn’t see his parents until the holidays. He was actually scared to leave them.

“Kurt this is a great opportunity,” his father told him in German. “We would be disappointed if you did not go.”

Kurt nodded, his parents would be proud of him if he went. “Ja, I vill go,” he said.

His parents smiled but said nothing.

“Good, your first year will start in September,” Professor Xavier told him.

“Vhat vill we have to buy him for this school, ve are not exactly vell off,” his mother then mentioned.

Which was right, the farm didn’t exactly bring in much money. It only left them with enough to scrape by.

“Oh, no need to worry about that, the school provides each student with everything they need,” he assured them. “We will also provide your son with the transport he needs to get to the school.”

“Vell we can’t argue with that,” Kurt’s mother said.

His father only nodded as he didn’t speak much English. That was why it was Kurt’s mother that was doing all the talking, while he just sat there nodding instead. Kurt smiled, he was about to live out his dream of attending a school like a regular boy his age.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thak you for the update. Scotland? I love Scotland. *huggles Nightcrawlis*
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

The day had finally come, the day Kurt would leave the farm to go to a school in Scotland. His mother had been in tears when he hugged her goodbye, she told him to call as soon as he got to the school. His father had also given a hug and had told him to be good and be on his best behaviour at the school. Then he had stepped into the car and was driven away, he watched and waved as his parents became smaller and smaller down the end of the lane.

The journey wasn’t at all interesting and it didn’t take long before he had gone the furthest from home he had ever been. Not that it was hard because he had rarely even left the farm. The car he was in, was being driven by the woman who had visited with Professor Xavier, he learned that her name was Professor Ororo Munroe and was also a teacher at the school, Kurt wondered why in that case she was doing the driving now instead of someone else. She told him something about the school like the students get sorted into different houses. There were four of these houses he understood, Wolverine, Storm, Mystique and Gambit, she never mentioned if she as a teacher belonged to a house, after all she did mention that there were heads of the various houses.

Soon they stopped beside a railway station, it seemed almost abandoned but taking another look, Kurt noticed that it appeared to be well looked after. Still he and Professor Munroe were the only ones there. She took his suitcase from the boot of the car and led him into the station. It well and truly did seem abandoned.

“Vhere is everyone?” Kurt asked.

“It’s a private station Kurt, no one can get into it without the proper authorisation and only the school train stops here,” Professor Munroe explained. “You won’t have to worry about your appearance.”

Kurt just looked up and nodded as they walked out onto a single short platform that looked as well cared for as the rest of the small station. He wondered how long it would be before the train got there, looking back at the waiting room he heard a train whistle blow. Turning around again he saw a steam train waiting where just a second before there hadn’t been one.

“Was?” he gasped.

“Afraid I will have to be leaving you from here Kurt,” she told him, “I’ll see you at school.”

“Vhy?” Kurt asked.

“I have things I must do, the staff will look after you,” the Professor said before turning around and left the station.

“Here let me,” came a mans voice.

Kurt turned and saw the train guard pick up his suitcase and opened a carriage door. He didn’t say anything as he climbed aboard, the guard placed his suitcase in the bag compartment and ushered the young boy toward the front of the train.

“Here you can sit in here,” the guard said, opening a compartment door.

Kurt silently sat by the window and the guard was gone. He heard the guards whistle and the train began pulling away from the station. The young boy was faced with a long journey alone.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:smirkI see some Harry Potter has shined through into this fic,:thumbup good job though.:D
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

So no one else has anything to say about my fic then? It can't really be that bad :(
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

It's not bad, it's great! Please write more soon! Love the quotes in your siggy!:D
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

Sorry, I'm just waiting for more.. more fic is good! So far I find it interesting. I would like to see the school itself soon!
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Kurt wasn’t exactly sure when he had fallen asleep but he had been woken up by the sounds of shouting. Shaking his head, he found the compartment he was in was still empty. Even though this was the school train he guessed that the other students didn’t want to spend the journey in the same compartment as a blue demon. The young mutant just sat back and looked out the window. It was then that he realised he had been sitting on his tail and it had gone numb.

“Verdammt!” he cursed.

The compartment door opened and a brown haired boy about his age popped his head. “Can I sit in here?” he asked. “All the other compartments are full.”

“Sure,” Kurt shrugged.

The boy shut the compartment door and sat down opposite him. Kurt was sure that the boy was staring at him.

“So vhat ist your name?” he decided to ask.

“Jamie, Jamie Madrox,” boy told him. “What’s yours?”

“Kurt Wagner,” he replied.

“Cool, you a first year?” Jamie proceeded to ask.

Kurt nodded.

“Wow, first one I’ve met,” the brown haired boy grinned, “I’ve only seen older students so far. You don’t know anything about this school do you?”

Kurt just shook his head.

“Me neither, first generation mutant,” Jamie told him.

“I don’t know if I am or not, my parents abandoned me vhen I vas a baby,” Kurt said. He’d always wondered about his real parents, usually about how cold they were to have abandoned him like that.

“Oh sorry,” Jamie said.

“It is alright, I couldn’t be happier vith mein pflegefamilie, er I don’t know der English for that sorry,“ Kurt said as he nervously tapped his knees.

“I think I know what you mean, your foster family,” he suggested for the English translation.

Kurt just nodded and looked out the window, the English countryside just rolled past as they headed toward their new school. Speaking of his foster family, he was missing them a lot already, no doubt they were missing him as well.

“Only thing I know about this school is the house names and a couple of the teachers, but that ist all,” the blue mutant shrugged.

“Professor Xavier and Professor Munroe right?” Jamie asked and noted Kurt’s nod. “They came to my house soon after I discovered my power.”

“Vhat is your power?” Kurt questioned him.

“Hit me in the arm and see,” Jamie grinned.

“Vhat?” Kurt said, taken aback by what the boy asked him to do.

“You want to know my power right?” Jamie grinned.

Kurt sighed as he did as the boy suggested and hit him in the arm, not particularly hard but just hard enough. He was taken aback when he saw that there were now two Jamie’s sitting opposite him. Jamie quickly absorbed his duplicate.

“First found I could do that after falling down the stairs at home,” he explained. “So what’s your power?”

Kurt said nothing, instead he disappeared with a ‘bamf’ and reappeared again on the seat next to Jamie.

“Cool,” the boy remarked, before holding his noise. “Smells like you farted though.”

“Ja, tell me about it,” Kurt agreed opening the window. A cold rush of cold air blew into his face. “That ist better.”

The sound of the compartment door opening made Kurt turn around. In the doorway stood a pale girl with black hair that had red streaks in it. She took a quick look around before saying, “If you see my brother Pietro, tell him I am so going to kill him.”

Kurt jumped as she slammed shut the compartment door and wandered off to another part of the train.

“I saw her earlier, she scares me,” Jamie admitted.

“I guess there vill be types like her at this school,” the blue mutant grimaced.

Jamie nodded in agreement. Looking outside the window it appeared to be getting dark, storm clouds were gathering overhead. Kurt had always hated storms especially ones with lightning and loud crashes of thunder. The lights in the compartment came on as Kurt finally sat back down, he hoped that the girl was at least a year above them as he didn’t want to end up being in the same class as her.
“Do you know how long this journey is,” Kurt asked.

Jamie shook his head. “I know about as much as you do,” he reminded him. “I don’t want to ask any of the older kids either.”

Kurt shook his head, he didn’t want to either. Since none of them had come to sit with him in the compartment, he began to wonder if they had seen him whilst he had been asleep and thought of him as a demon, now they would be fearing him and that was the reason they stayed away. Still he did have one friend already, he would have to tell his parents all about Jamie. He was glad to be able to start school for the first time with a friend, after leaving Germany he had become worried that he would end up having no friends at all.

“Did you go to school before?” Jamie asked.

“Nein,” Kurt replied, shaking his head. “Not looking like this.”

“Sorry,” the brown haired boy apologised, he realised that he probably shouldn’t have asked that question. “I was told I couldn’t go to school once my parents found out about my power in case I accidentally multiplied. I think they might be ashamed of me being a mutant.”

“I think that’s the reason my parents abandoned me when I was a baby,” Kurt sighed, his unknown past troubled him deeply.

A flash of lightning crossed the sky as the train continued its journey.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Very good. :thumbup. Just because there are only a few of us posting here doesn't mean that people don't look.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Yay! Is there gonna be some KurtWanda in this story? Please say yes! :Puppy

Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Not in the first year, but maybe later :naughty

Sorry I havn't posted another chapter up yet, in a bit of a slow writing phase right now.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Take your time, patience is a virtue, and we have it. Smile big and bright for the imaginary cameras:toothy
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Hey, take your time. I have a fic I haven't updated in months! (writers block to infinity. It's hard to write realistic romance if you've just broken up with your 2years+ boyfriend, I've discovered) If you need a beta, feel free to email me!

Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Actually I don't think I will be completing this, I just got conviced in chat by a person who'll remain nameless to just give up now.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

WHAT???????????? But this is so good! Please be kidding!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:oNOOOOOOOO! You cant just give up! It was getting so good. *falls into fetal position*
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

Just give up? Yer kidding me right? *sighs and shakes head* Some of the best stuff I've read didn't reach it's best quality till over halfway through the series (starting in book 5). I like what you've put up so far and as a writer myself, I know that just giving up won't improve anything. I bring myself to wonder about some nameless person if they're being so discouraging. I would personally like for you to at least finish the first year and see how it goes.
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Problem with me is I never quit for long :/

Neither Kurt nor Jamie had realised the train had pulled into a station as the journey finally ended. They had been so wrapped up in their chatter that the jolt as the train stopped was the only thing that alerted them to their arrival.

“I think that’s our call,” Jamie said getting up, collecting the two duplicates that had been created from the bump. Both of which had ended up sprawled on the floor.

Kurt nodded as he too stood up. Outside the compartment they could see other students all trying to get off the train. There was an older teen who wore red sunglasses stood beside the door to their compartment as they got out.

“You two, hurry up,” he told them, sounding impatient.

Kurt and Jamie just looked at each other as they joined the other students out on the platform. Most of the older students knew exactly where to go and some were pushing bewildered first years out of the way. Despite the darkness, Jamie saw a large hairy hand rise above the crowd.

“First years this way,” a voice bellowed.

The pair of them, along with a few other first years made their way over to where a feral looking mutant stood. Kurt grimaced as he saw the girl from earlier was standing near them.

“Right four to a boat,” the large mutant then told them, pointing to the boats that lined the edge of the lake.

“He doesn’t look like a teacher,” Jamie remarked.

“He’s not,” came a voice from beside them. “That’s Victor Creed, he’s the groundskeeper.”

“Oh,” the brown haired boy replied.

The boy who had been next to them, rushed off to get into one of the boats, “Come on or you’ll end up with a Maximoff,” he told them.

Neither of them knew what a Maximoff was so they quickly went and climbed into the same as the boy, there was a single lantern at the front of the boat which was the only light. They could see as other boats filled up, they left the bank and moved slowly across the lake. It wasn’t until a girl climbed in that their boat began its crossing. Kurt was glad that it wasn’t the girl from before.

“So what’s your names?” the boy asked.

“Jamie Madrox.”

“Kurt Wagner.”

“Well the names Alex Summers, pleased to meet you,” the boy said before looking over at the girl. “And what’s your name?”

The girl looked over at them. “Kitty Pryde,” she said, almost looking scared.

Kurt looked up from the boat and shrouded in lights he saw that they were heading towards a large castle. “Wow this ist some kind of school,” he said in awe.

The others turned their heads in the direction of the school. It looked like a fantasy castle, it was so magnificent Kurt wondered why he or his parents had never heard of it before. Surely a castle like this would be well known since it stood out so easily.

“My bro said it looked better in real life,” Alex mentioned.

“You have a brother here?” Jamie asked.

“Yeah! Scott,” he replied. “Sixth year prefect.”

“Prefect?” Kurt asked, he’d never heard that term before.

“Stuck up student that pushes around smaller kids because he has a badge that says he’s a prefect,” Alex remarked with a sly grin.

The girl, Kitty, stayed quiet, as she didn’t care about talking to the three boys who were obviously getting along just fine without her input.

“Ah,” the blue mutant replied.

“Had to put up with him all summer,” he remarked as the boat finally hit dry land.

“Right everyone out and follow me,” the groundskeeper yelled.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

:LOL Alex is cool, but Scott is a jerk. He's got a stick up his you-know-what. I can't wait to see what's next!

Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Darn computer disconnected and needed rebooting as I tried to post my new chapter :mad

The first years entered the castle by way of a door as the bottom of the cliffs. Inside were steps cut into the cliffs that led into the darkness above. That was until one by one torches were lit all up the steps. The groundskeeper grunted as he began climbing the steps with the first years in tow. Kurt lost count at how many steps there were as he and the others followed the hulking figure. After what felt like an age, they finally made it to the top. Creed pushed open the heavy door and led them into an area at the bottom of a staircase.

Professor Munroe was stood at the top waiting for them. “Thank you Creed, I’ll take them from here,” she said.

The groundskeeper nodded and walked off.

“Right listen up,” Professor Munroe began. “At the top of this staircase is the door to the Great Hall, there you’ll be sorted into one of the houses before the start of year feast.”

There were murmurings amongst the first years as Professor Munroe opened up the doors behind her. Along with the other first years, Kurt was amazed at the size of the great hall. He could feel the eyes of every student sat at the fours tables watching him, to try and ignore that fact he looked over at what he guessed was the teachers table since Professor Xavier was sat there with several more adults. Professor Munroe led the first years up to the front of the hall. The hall itself reminded Kurt of the inside of a cathedral, he had only ever seen that on the telly though.

Once in front of the table, Professor Xavier stood up and walked over to a lone stool set up in front of the four tables. Before standing behind it, he passed a book to Professor Munroe. “And now we come to the most important part of the first day celebrations, the sorting of the first years,” he said. “Professor Munroe if you would please.”

She opened up the book, flipped over a couple of pages. “Allerdyce, John.” she called out.

From the back of the group of first years, a small blond boy pushed his way through. He was grinning as the two Professors got him to sit down. Once done, Professor Xavier placed his hands on the boy’s temples and closed his eyes. For a moment, silence but then the Professor called out, “Mystique.”

One of the tables burst out into cheers as the boy joined them. Then some more students were sorted.

“Guthrie, Jebediah.”

This time a brown haired boy went and sat down, after a few moments Professor Xavier called out, “Gambit.” That time a different table cheered.

A few more students were called out and were sorted before, “Madrox, James.”

Jamie shrugged at his two new friends and went to sit down. This time Professor Xavier took a bit longer to sort him. “Wolverine,” he said after a while. The table near the side of the hall cheered as he ran over to join them.

“Maximoff, Pietro.”

A lanky blond boy stepped out and went to sit on the stool.

So that is a Maximoff,’ Kurt thought to himself in German, before the boy joined up with the Mystique table.

“Maximoff, Wanda.”

This time the girl from the train walked up to the stool, Professor Xavier didn’t even have to spend long with her as he quickly announced, “Mystique.”

Once she was seated, more first years went up and were sorted. Then it came to, “Pare, Samuel.”

A hushed silence fell over the great hall as a boy stepped forward and walked over to the stool. Kurt felt somewhat relieved that this boy looked just as different from everyone else as he did. He was orange and had facial fins, it also looked apparent that with the blue eyes, that the boy didn’t have eyelids.

“Wolverine,” the headmaster called out and the Wolverine table cheered.

Samuel Pare looked nervous as he joined the table, but it looked like his new housemates were accepting him with open arms. Kurt felt much better, he hoped to be sorted into Wolverine now.

“Pryde, Katherine.”

She walked up to the stool and sat down on the stool. The headmaster seemed to take his time, judging by the look on his face it might have been because he was unsure of which house to send her to. His face seemed to twitch before announcing, “Wolverine.”

A few more students, “Summers, Alexander.”

Kurt began to feel alone, as Alex was another to be sorted into Wolverine. By the time it was his turn he was the last one standing and he could tell everyone’s eyes were on him. It was a very unsettling to have everyone staring at him, he guessed that Samuel had felt the same.

“Wagner, Kurt.”

Kurt sighed, here went nothing. He sat down on the stool and suddenly had a strange feeling come over him, Professor Xavier was in his mind.

‘Interesting,’ he head the headmasters voice say in his head. ‘A lot of potential, the intelligence and the urge to succeed. That would be good for Storm. However you have a cunning streak, a habit good enough to place you in Mystique.’

Kurt remembered that Mystique was were that creepy girl had been sorted. ‘Not Mystique,’ he thought.

‘Not Mystique?’ Professor Xavier asked in his head. ‘You could do well there, it would help you fulfil your potential. However since you don’t want to go there I’ll place you where your strongest trait is favoured, you are brave Kurt, very brave this house will be just as perfect for you as Mystique would have been.’

“Wolverine,” he said at last and the Wolverine table cheered.

With Kurt settled down next to Alex, the sorting was over. The two Professors had gone to sit down.

“I remind you that as is the case every year, the House Cup is up for grabs to the house which gains the most points over the coming year, points will be given for excellent behaviour and good work, however points will be deducted for any rule breaking. A few things to pass on, the second corridor on the third floor is off limits to anyone who does not want to meet a nasty end and as always Muir Forest is strictly off limits,” Professor Xavier said. “Now let the feast begin.”

He clapped his hands and plates flew in and settled down on each table with a huge variety of foods. The hall echoed with the sound of chatter as the feast began. Kurt grabbed as much as he could eat, he had never felt so hungry and nervous in his life. Others around him were doing the same. Most of the chat was to do with where people came from, Jamie, Alex and Kitty were all American, though he’d already known that by their accents. He was sure he heard Samuel mention that he was Canadian.

“Vhen do classes start?” Kurt asked.

“Wednesday, tomorrow’s a day off since it’s almost midnight now,” an older student said.

Kurt looked over at the student, he didn’t look much older then he was so he was guessing second or third year student. What interested him were the silver streaks in the boys black hair. Another thing he noticed was the fact that no one appeared to be using their powers. Admittedly he had looked over the school rules so he wondered if using powers in certain areas was against school rules. The Headmaster hadn’t mentioned any rules other then a couple of forbidden places to go.

“I was like this last year, first year I was very nervous,” the boy with the silver streaks said. “Its worse when your twin sister keeps gossiping to her friends about you.”

“Try having a big brother,” Alex remarked, looking over at the Gambit table where he was sat, talking to a redheaded girl.

“I’m an only child,” Jamie mentioned.

“Me too,” Kurt said almost glumly, he’d always wanted to have a brother.

“Lucky,” both Alex and the other boy said.

Unexpectedly a transparent head popped up through the table. “Ah first years,” he said, “Welcome to Bàghbaile School of Mutants.”

“Hello Nearly Headless Nick, how was your summer?” a third year with a deep Russian accent asked.

“Oh the usual,” the ghost replied as more ghosts appeared in the Great Hall.

“Nearly headless, how can you be nearly headless?” Kitty remarked.

Nick flicked his head to one and showed that it was only still attached to the rest of the body by way of a slab of skin that hadn’t been cut like the rest of his neck had. “Hurt like hell when it happened too,” he remarked, and with that he floated off.

“That’s disgusting,” Kitty again remarked with a disgusted look upon her face.

“You will get used to it,” the Russian boy told her.

At the teacher’s table, Professor Xavier stood up and clapped his hands. “I’m afraid that is it for the feast,” he announced. “It is after midnight and I am sure you all want to get some sleep.”
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

:love Heh. So, does Kurt find out that Mystique is his mom soon? Please? And love this to bits, seriously. Can't wait for more! And on the slash thing, no go, Rose said no way. But if it's hinted at subtley, it might pass under her radar, otherwise, sorry.

Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Something was shaking him, he was sure of it. Of course to Kurt it was like every morning, being woken up by his mother to go and help his father milk the cows. He rolled over in bed, his eyes still closed and said in German, “I don’t want to milk the cows mother.”

Hearing laughing Kurt quickly opened his eyes, he slowly remembered that he was no longer on the farm and was instead at a boarding school.

“Get up Kurt we’re not gonna let you get any sleep,” a voice warned him, it was Alex.

Kurt groaned as his vision returned and he saw the blond mutant stood above him. “Early bird wakes the late mutant,” he grinned. “Come on or you’ll miss breakfast.”

“Vhat time ist it?” the blue mutant asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“Just gone 9am,” he replied.

Kurt sighed again, he just wanted to go back to sleep. However knowing his body clock that was not going to be possible. “Ok I vill get up,” he groaned.

“Good we’ll meet you out front,” Alex said before running out of the dorm.

Kurt lazily swung his legs over the side of his bed and stood up. Looking around, he realised that he was going to be the last one to leave the dorm. He didn’t care though as until Alex woke him, he had been dreaming of riding a huge red dragon. “Vhy me,” he sighed, getting into his clean clothes that no longer smelled like a farm, he was sure they were the clothes he had brought from home and he was sure there were no maids sneaking around at night cleaning everything, so he just put it down as another school mystery.

Out in the common room everything was quiet, Kurt guessed that everyone was either still in bed or having breakfast in the great hall. As he passed through the large portrait that served as the entrance, he looked out into the hallway. It was dark and lit by primitive torches, primitive to the young mutant in the way that they weren’t powered by electricity. There also didn’t appear to be anyone around the hallway either. He was probably thankful for that since he was still worried about people saying things about his blue fur. Apart from Samuel and Professor McCoy, everyone appeared to look normal compared to him. He then headed down the stairs that led down to the front doors.

“Hey demon boy,” came a voice from the bottom of the stairs.

Kurt closed his eye as he recognised the voice, it was the girl from the train. Wanda if he could remember correctly. “Don’t call me a demon,” he growled, seeing her walking up the stairs toward him.

She just smirked at him and said, “Why not? I like demons.”

He was very much agreeing with Jamie on the fact that she was creepy, especially by the way she was grinning at him. “I am not a demon,” he protested.

“I think you’re cute demon boy,” Wanda told him, running a finger along his chin.

Kurt felt a cold shiver go right down his spine and into the tip of his tail, which was now twitching nervously. Before he could say anything more, Wanda had begun to climb the stairs. “I’ll be watching you,” she said.

Kurt shivered and quickly made his way down to the front doors. He found his exit blocked, it was Pietro.

“Listen you blue furred freak,” the blond boy began, “You keep away from my sister, got it?”

Kurt said nothing and pushed Pietro aside and walked out the front door. Alex and Jamie were waiting for him beside a tree next to the lake. Alex raised a hand as they saw him. Before he could make his way over to them however, he felt a push from behind and was sent tumbling to the ground.

“You blue furred freak you don’t do that to me,” Pietro growled.

As he picked himself up from the ground, Kurt saw his two friends running up to help him. He knew Pietro was alone, it was just the four of them out there.

“Leave him alone Maximoff,” Alex told him.

A sneer appeared on the Mystique students face. “Oh look a Summers,” he sneered. “Should have guessed you would be sticking up for the blue furred freak.”

“At least I use my real last name Maximoff, at least my father didn’t steal someone’s identity to hide behind,” Alex replied.

“You leave my father out of this,” Pietro growled. “This is between me and the blue furred freak.”
“And us,” Alex then corrected. “You pick on my friends and you will have to deal with me as well.”

Pietro managed a crooked grin, “That suits me just fine slow poke,” he said.

“An’ if you pick on a Wolverine den you deal with all of us,” came a voice from behind him.

Pietro felt a hand grab hold of his neck. “Hey hands off the merchandise,” he complained.

“Non,” came the reply. “Remy t’ink dat we should show what we Wolverines do to Mystique brats.”
The boy was now struggling to free himself from the older students grip. Remy held him up so that Pietro’s feet were no longer touching the ground, he was still trying to run off. “How ‘bout we dunk him in de lake,” he then suggested.

“Hey that’s breaking school rules,” Pietro protested.

“Since when do Mystiques care ‘bout school rules,” the older student then said as he looked over at the trio.

It was then that Kurt noticed Remy’s eyes, they were black with red pupils. Remy began to walk down the path toward the lake.

“Hey, hey put me down,” Pietro continued to complain.

“This should be interesting,” Alex grinned as they followed.

Jamie was laughing as he was already picturing the blond being thrown into the lake. Kurt however was expecting a teacher to show up before they even got to it. No matter how hard he tried, Pietro couldn’t get Remy to let him go and soon they were stood at the edge of the lake.

“Right someone grab his legs,” Remy told them.

“No!” Pietro yelled.

Alex of course was the one who volunteered. He walked around and grabbed the boys legs, avoiding the kicks aimed at him. Remy let go of his neck and grabbed his arms before swinging the frightened boy. Both he and Alex began swinging harder and harder before Remy yelled, “Now!”

Both let go and Pietro flew through the air, he screamed just before hitting the water with a huge splash and the four Wolverine boys burst out laughing. As the very wet Pietro stumbled out of the water, he glared at them. “You will pay for that,” he promised.

Remy Lebeau, Alexander Summers, James Madrox and Kurt Wagner, my office now,’ came Professor Xaviers voice.