Shankjam's Stories (Updated 6/1 Grief Completed)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by shankjam »

Heres a link to the wallpaper that inspired this little short story, as promised. I couldn't link directly to the wallpaper, so the link is for the higher level page. The wallpaper I'm refering to is in the right collumn, third down from the top.

http://www.phoenixfyre.net/EilsWalls/xwalls8.shtml
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I like this fic!! Don't stop writing!!! Sorry I haven't posted recently, it completely blew over my head:oops
one name: Bruce Campbell
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Grief Continued

Post by shankjam »

The young man wasn't sure what prompted him to offer his hand to the unusual looking mutant. It looked like he wanted to run, and the young man admitted to himself that he did a little bit too. The mutant presented quite the imposing figure, clutching to the ornate grave marker. For a moment, he thought the mutant would flee, the wariness and fear evident in his face. But the mutant reached out and grasped the offer hand and, after a soft tug from the young man, let himself down off the gravestone.

As the mutant released the man's hand, he crouched down on the ground, still reguarding the young man with some trepidation. Seeing the mutant crouching there on the ground, like some kind of animal, caused a flash of anger to fill the young man. He reached down and grasped him by the arm, firmly pulling him up into a standing position. Releasing his arm and placing his hand on the mutants back, the young man nodded his head towards a medium-sized building a short distance away. As they began moving towards the building, the mutant started to crouch back down to all fours. A slight frown crossed the young man's face as he once again reached down and pull him back up, the mutant looking slightly ashamed.

The building ahead of them was used as a gathering place for before and after burial ceremonies. It had a covered landing at the top of a set of steps where the two could get out of the rain. When they reached the landing, finally escaping the continuing downpour, the young man sat down. Pulling his legs up to his chest and resting his chin on his knees, the man stared out into the rain, his thoughts returning to those he had lost. After a few moments, the mutant followed suit, squatting at the edge of the landing, gazing out at the obscured form of his friend's grave in the distance.

They remained like that for a short while, each caught up in their separate grief. At one point, the young man turned his head slightly to look at his companion. Even this close, and out of the obscuring rain, it was hard to physically see signs of the unusual mutants humanity. The man could see now that he was covered in a short, densely packed fur from head to toe. His abnormal hands and feet gripped the edge of the landing that he perched on, his tail shifting about slowly behind him.

The young man had only to look at the mutants face however, to see how truly human he was. As the mutant stared off towards the gravestone where he had found him, the young man realized it was not rain dripping from his face, but tears. "I wish I was strong like him," the young man thought. "Unafraid to let my feelings show." The man wanted to cry, desperately so. But...the t ears never came. No matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't cry.

The young man turned away from the quietly weeping mutant, knowing that moments like this weren't meant to be shared, especially not with a stranger such as himself.

To Be Concluded
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:clap DANKE!!! That was great also! It is sooo...got to use refreshing, to read this after school, I had a huge test, this is how I spend my break, on line reading fabulous stories.
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Grief Completed

Post by shankjam »

The mutant stared off towards the ornate stone cross that marked the grave of his friend. He wasnt seeing the gravestone though, but reliving memories of his brief time with him. He didnt realize he had started crying at first. When he did, the mutant surreptitiously wiped his tears away, glancing over at the young man seated next to him, embarrassed. But the man hadnt appeared to notice, still staring out into the pouring rain. The intense grief and sorrow were plainly visible in the mans face, but the mutant couldnt help but notice he shed no tears. "I wish I was strong like him," he thought. "Able to keep my emotions in check." After a few more moments, the mutant turned away, getting the uncomfortable feeling that his gaze had been intruding on the young man.

After a short time, the mutant’s thoughts finally turned away from his departed friend, his grief easing for the time being. He was confronted with the decision of what to do, where to go. He had lost his only safe haven with the passing of his friend, making his future seem bleak. Brooding silently for a while, the mutant was startled when the man abruptly spoke for the first time, turning to face him and asking, "Do you have anywhere to go?" The mutant looked away from the young man to the ground, shaking his head. The young man remained silent, returning his gaze to the now slackening rain.

After a few moments, the man stood up and replaced the sunglasses, hiding his softly glowing eyes. Looking out at the softly falling rain, the young man said, "Come with me." The mutant was taken aback and looked up at the young man, wondering if he had heard him correctly. After a moment the man looked down at the mutant and once again offered him his hand. The mutant dropped his gaze to the hand offered to him. Before today, he could of counted on one of his hands the number of times he had been shown such a gesture. And now someone had offered him their hand in friendship, not once but twice!

After a few seconds of contemplation, the mutant reached out and took the young mans hand. The man pulled him up and began walking down the steps, glancing back to see if the mutant was following. As he trailed after the man, the mutant mulled over all the things he didnt know. Like who this person was. What was his name? What was he doing here and where was he taking him? Despite all these unanswered questions, the mutant wasnt afraid. There would introductions soon enough, and a time to share their respective stories. He had been offered what was, at the most basic level, acceptance. It was something the mutant believed he had lost forever with the passing of his friend. To be offered it again, he believed, was a blessing and not one he would refuse.

End
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by shankjam »

I apologize for taking so long to get this last bit posted. Like I said, I was writing this one out ahead of time during downtime at work, but there hasn't been much that the past week or so.

In the course of writing this, the stories of what brought each of the two to the graveyard etc. did form in my head. Unfortunately I have no intention of letting it out of my head in any form. So you'll just have to come up with your own. I think I like it that way best anyway. ;)
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

That was a very sweet story, you made me cry, such emotions should not be able to afflict me *spazzes out*
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by shankjam »

Ah memories...Im not sure what prompted me to pop in here over...5 years?! later, but here I am. Though my uh, obsession with Nightcrawler has faded with time, as have others that have come and gone, it remains the first. The first time something has gripped my mind, my imagination, and a great deal of my spare time. Though it may have been quite some time since I last thought about this story of mine(incomplete here, but complete in my head!), it remains something important to me.

My apologies for raising this thread from the dead, nostalgia can be a difficult thing to resist.

Jared