Art - So Fresh and So Clean

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
AmethystFaire
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AmethystFaire »

Well, I just finished another nearly naked Kurt, again, to be used in a new skin/theme for Fur & Brimstone visitors to use. Haven't decided on how to design the layout yet, but here's the drawing itself.

Click to enlarge:

(image updated: 3/22)

Any suggestions?
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

skin idea:

you could have the image at the top of the page with the content and yadda below. very very brief idea, but meh.

*has been swooning over piccie all day, and will probably continue to do so for a long time*
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
AmethystFaire
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AmethystFaire »

LOL, thanks, Jez.

The BG I have in the image was just kind of thrown in. I was thinking of a whole bathing motif, similar to the Laundry skin the site has. But you think just the image along the top (a different BG, of course) with the site name and links would fly?
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

you could give it a try. do brief layouts on the compie to see how it'd look.

you can do a bathing motif. like.... um.... god, what goes with a bathroom? well, i can't think of much, maybe bath bubbles in the background? bubbles are fun. no, that sucks.

well somewhere along the line you should do bars of soap XD

i dunno, my head hurts and so does everything else. sorry, i'm not overly helpful. I can't think of much else :(

But I'm sure someone else will think of something really cool :)
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

The rubber duckie is a very nice touch.

As for a bathing motif interface, I can imagine one of those shelf things you hang on your shower to hold all your shampoo and soap and stuff. But the lables are links instead.

-e
AmethystFaire
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AmethystFaire »

Thanks, Zamweasel. :) I really like the rubber ducky, too. I almost didn't draw it, but I felt that there needed to be a splash of attention-grabbing color near the face since the white towel draws the gaze to his lower portions.

Hmm... like one of those shampoo racks? Interesting. I'll think about it. Thanks for the suggestion. :D
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

hallo Tessa

he looks so cute to me!!!! :love
especially his face and his hair are realy great :-)

great work!!!

grüsse alex
grüsse alex
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Hmm, yummy pic Tessa *fans self*

Tile in the upper background might lend some three dimensional aspect, but a muted color, as not to distract from your gorgeous Kurt.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Oooohh! He's very pretty - in a manly way ;) I wish I could get my coloring to look that smooth.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

OOOOH this is adorable. I thought the laundry was cute too though. You just have really original ideas. The first thing I thought about, was having some sort of tiles. He looks like he's in jail, not a bathroom.

What about using a medicine cabinate and a mirror. Do something with getting dressed and grooming. If you used a double cabinate door, one could be open, and one could be closed with his reflection. The open one could have the links. Ohohoh... and that could have Zam's idea of lables as links.

meh, just a thought. I don't actually know anything about designing web pages.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
AmethystFaire
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AmethystFaire »

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions and compliments. I really appreciate them! :D

Bluefooted: Trust me, I'm trying to STOP making it so smooth. It's too CG looking. I like the way you color yours. :)

Oh, an your art is up, now. Would you like me to list your e-mail address? I don't currently have it, but I couldn't find it on your site either. I assume that means you don't want it displayed, correct? :D

I've update the drawing to a less, LOL, jail-like atmosphere for the background so the bathroom effect is more in place to inspire bathroom-y layout ideas. :)
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by AmethystFaire
Bluefooted: Trust me, I'm trying to STOP making it so smooth. It's too CG looking. I like the way you color yours. :)

Oh, an your art is up, now. Would you like me to list your e-mail address? I don't currently have it, but I couldn't find it on your site either. I assume that means you don't want it displayed, correct? :D

I've update the drawing to a less, LOL, jail-like atmosphere for the background so the bathroom effect is more in place to inspire bathroom-y layout ideas. :)
Hey, I kind of liked the jail-like... um, background... Mmmm, Kurt in prison... in a towel :naughty ... Okay shutting up :D Nah, the tub and tile look is really nice! Don't change your style, please! It really looks great, not CG at all - unless that's your thing ;)

Anyway, thanks for putting my stuff up - I'll have to check it out. And you're right - no e-mail address for me, please. I use it for real-life stuff only. But, I can give it to you if you need it.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Now that's nice. Kurt in a Luxury Hotel's bathroom. I love the marble effect on the ledge he's sitting on. It gives the pic a lot more warmth and richness.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I could just imagine Kurt in there singing "Rubbery duckie, you're so fine..." That's the feeling I get from that. Kudos on the great pic, I love your artwork.

As for a layout...I could imagine more duckies on the bottom that were links to fanfics, art, links, etc.

But, then, I love rubber duckies. :D

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Vanilla Cream
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Vanilla Cream »

I love the piccie very much! :) it is very cool..I like the coloring much.