"Nothing Better" *LAST* PART ADDED. 12/6!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

*sits and waits with pouty face* i demand updates!!! :andrew
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Sheesh..,...damn harpies!!!

Heres your update:

”.. I... I cant.”

Rogue sighed. “You can’t if ya keep saying you can’t. I’m not gonna tell you what to do, Kurt, but answer this question. Which would be easier to live with: The outright rejection or the constant fear of rejection? Specially since the second ain’t even certain.”

Kurt thought for a second, then opened his mouth to answer

“Don’t answer now. Think about it.” She stood, stretching her arms above her head with a yawn. “An’ besides. Ain’t you the least bit curious about her?”

Rogue wlked out of the room, Kurt watching after her. Of course he was curious about her. Not a day went by that he didn’t wonder how her life was going without him. The more selfish part of him hoped it wasn’t going well at all, but most of him wished her the best. Now, he had a chance to know.

But, what if she was happy without him? What if her life was going better? Pietro hadn’t made it sound like she was suffering. But then, he didn’t make it sound like her life was perfect either. Ach, so many things to think about, so much to consider. He’d think about it tomorrow. Or perhaps the next day. Or maybe……

The door slammed open, and Logan threw a coat into Kurt’s lap. “Let’s go, elf.”

“Vas?” Kurt picked the jacket up and stood. “Where are we going?”

“Rogue told me about this whole thing, and I’m taking you to see Wanda.” Kurt began to protest. “Nothin you’re gonna say is gonna change my mind. We’re sick of you moping around all the time. I’m giving you closure. Now come on!”

Reluctantly, Kurt pulled on the coat and followed Logan outside.

Go stevie!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:o*hemorages and slpeen crawls away* That was one huge cliff you just threw me over, You better be proud 'cause that is one huge mess my sis has to clean:D;)
one name: Bruce Campbell
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

hemorages and spleen crawls away
*blink* Ick! There's a mental image that won't soon go away! For some reason that just made me think of those cartoons from Monty Python.

I don't mean to harp, but my arms are getting a bit tired from hanging from this cliff. ;) Thanks for the update, though, and here's hoping for another in the not-too-distant future! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

I hope this was worth the wait, Chapter 13.

“Ya’ can’t just sit around moping.” Logan stated

Logan led a very unwilling kurt around to the garden where he saw Pietro impatiently sitting on the patio chair. Kurt sighed, he really didn't wanna do whatever he knew was about to happen..

Pietro stood up and walked over to Kurt and smiled.

*Maybe this won’t be too bad...*

“Good evening, Kurt.”
“Hello Pietro.”
Loan interrupted ”Look, why don’t you both just can the awkward chitchat before it starts and get to the point.”

Pietro laughed.

“all right, Look Kurt..I know what happened between you and my sister. I know how much nonsense it is, but you know how she is. Wanda has a very strong personality, she can be stubborn as hell... I guess it runs in the family.. but she doesn't MEAN it.. trust me..”

Kurt just put his head down “She seemed to mean it..”

“That's what I’m here..”

Kurt looked up at Pietro with very untrusting eyes

“What are you planning...?”

“Its time Kurt..”

Logan and Pietro grinned, Kurt just looked... horrified...

Logan looked over. “We’re taking you to see her..”

“WHAT?! No!! I can’t!” Kurt yelped

“You can, and you will..you know it has to happen sometime..”

He just sighed, Pietro was right... he *did* need to get it over with..but...

“all right..”

The three men stood up and got into the car.

The tension in the air could have been cut with a knife, there had been a cloud of sorrow floating over his head for months.. but it was familiar.. oddly comforting.. Now... anything could happen... he was gonna see her.. the beautiful goddess in the red dress he had fallen in love with, the one who broke his heart.. but he didn't care about that, she was still the one for him. She was his match, there would never be another Wanda.

Its was and odd mix of fear and anxiousness, he so badly wanted to see her, to even hold her, but just to see her would be fine.. his heart was longing.. he needed her..

The car had stopped in front of the hotel, they all had hopped onto the elevator. Kurt's heart was beating a million miles an hour.. he couldn't stop fidgeting.. and all the memories kept flowing back to him..

“So what? You think I’ll just drop everything for you?”
“That’s not what I-”
“That’s exactly what you’re saying! You want me to drop everything for you without you doing anything in return!” Wanda snapped.
“Nein, Liebling, I-”
“Don’t you ‘Libeling’ me, Kurt! All I wanted was for us to be able to be together without all this nonsense that surrounds us. I thought you wanted the same… It looks like I was wrong, goodbye Kurt!”

The elevator had stopped, the door had open.. and Kurt walked out..

This was it.

Kurt took a deep breath and knocked on the door...

a few seconds later the door knob turned, and the door opened, there she stood..

Kurt looked up sheepishly..

“Hi.. Wanda..”

Call me King!
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Yayness! You finally updated! w00t! ^_^ Lisa, time to give us what we've been waiting for!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:o:dieWOOOOO!!! You got my adrenaline pumping with that last installment. It sure was worth the wait, but now I got the munchies for more! *awaits a new update, bouncing up and down in chair*:love
Caer
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Caer »

Steve, you left them in the hallway. Why would you be so cruel to us. Still, It was worth the wait. But I'm not getting any younger here. Keep that in mind, if I die of old age before you finish this, then I'm comeing back to haunt you.
Some mistakes are too much fun
to only make once.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
:o:dieWOOOOO!!! You got my adrenaline pumping with that last installment. It sure was worth the wait
Good!
Originally posted by Caer
Steve, you left them in the hallway. Why would you be so cruel to us. Still, It was worth the wait. But I'm not getting any younger here. Keep that in mind, if I die of old age before you finish this, then I'm comeing back to haunt you.
because cliffhangers make you keep coming back for more, and that was a BIG one, had i put it all out on the table you wouldnt have been as anxious to see the next part.. but i will remember that :p
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

OMG! *bites nails* now i demand the rest!!!!!
Silversphinx
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silversphinx »

That was great but you have to give us more! Please! Don't make us wait as long as last time! :D
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I'm going to explode. Pleeeeeease update!
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

*thumps on mike* Is this thing on?

Lisa? Liiiiissaaaa??? :whistle Oh LISA? Ah, there you are! :D

Steve did his job and got everyone set up for you like bowling pins. He even managed to keep Kurt from teleporting away and having to be hunted down like a wild animal, thereby being in pristine condition for Wanda. It's your ball, dear.... :naughty
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

God its only been 3 days! HARPIES!!

Lisa is working on it.
Call me King!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Three days is such a long wait. Especially for this particular cliffhanger. This one is much bigger than the others. Not to rush you and sacrifice quality, but I'm going through withdrawal...:X
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I'll try and get Lisa moving...

Remember our deal...

You show us yours...I'll show you mine :smirk

(I'm sure she'll know what I mean...)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nanid..you soooo had me at "show me yours"...

I'm workin on it...and you better be too!! :p
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...I've upheld my end of the deal...time to get yer butt in gear, girl
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Great update, but the cliffhanger is still hanging! They've been standing in the doorway just staring at each other for nearly a month now. :cracked

Please tell us what happens next! Pretty, pretty please!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

OK...here's my next part::::

NAND!! I WANT MORE CHANCE ENCOUNTER!!!

Wanda’s breath caught in her throat. She eyed the man standing before her. The man she loved. Well, had loved. He looked so vulnerable, almost as she felt. She stiffened, and responded.

“Hello, Kurt.”

“I, well, I was around. And I saw- well, I wanted to- but,” Kurt stuttered.

Wanda opened the door wider and moved to the side. “Well, would you, um, like to come in?”

He nodded and entered, his love closing the door behind. Well, his ex love. After all, even if his love for her burned strong, hers for him was long gone.

“This is quite a room,” Kurt remarked, trying to untie the knot in his stomach.

“This isn’t even half of it. There’s also an attached bedroom,” Wanda replied, glad for the small talk. God, there was no turning back now, was there? She had no choice but to tell him.

“I was kind of shocked to find out you left the Avengers. But with a place like this, I can see why?” He cursed his stupid attempt at humor. Until she smiled.

“Well, it’s really not much compared to the Mansion. But at least I’m only sharing it with t-one other person.” She sat on the couch. “Thankfully, Pietro is a neat freak. Otherwise, well, you know.”

“Ja, I do,” Kurt laughed. “It’s one reason I always invited you to my place.”

“Hey hey! Everything in my room had a home. It just so happened that some found their home on the floor.”

“And oh how many your floor housed. I had forgotten you had a floor.” He nudged her playfully, joining her on the couch.

She elbowed him back. “Yeah, well, I’ve gotten better.” A heavy silence fell over the two. Uncomfortable, but increasingly peaceful. Finally, Wanda broke it “So how have things been at Xavier’s?”

“Not bad, I suppose. I mean, I can’t complain. It hasn’t really been the same, though, since-” Kurt locked eyes with her. “Since you left.”

Wanda looked away. “You know why I did.”

“I do know, ja,” Kurt turned her face to him. “But I don’t understand.”

“Kurt,” Wanda stood. Breathing a heavy sigh, she began. “We wanted different things. We were headed in different directions. It’s only natural that we would split.”

“Wanda, the direction I was headed in……I was wrong. Any direction without you is wrong. These past months, they have been torture for me. I need you in my life again, I need you with me.” Kurt ran his hand through his hair. “And if that means leaving the Xmen……then so be it.”

Wanda’s shoulders slumped. “It’s not so simple anymore, Kurt. God, I wish it was, but it isn’t. I have learned a lot in these months. And-” Wanda moved forward, cupping his cheek in her hand. “I don’t want you to leave the Xmen, Kurt. It makes you happy. I was the one who was unhappy, and I thought that getting away from everything, just us, would solve everything. But now, in retrospect, I know it wouldn’t. I needed to get away. You need to stay.” She pressed her body against his, nuzzling softly. “And God I missed this.”

Kurt slowly put his arms around her and pulled her close. Together they stood, in soft embrace for what seemed like ages. Nothing mattered. Not time, nor place, nor anyone else. It was only them.

Kurt was first to pull away. Looking her straight in the eyes, he asked: “Will you come with me? Will you come back to the mansion with me? And be with me?”

Wanda stared at him, tears in her eyes. “If you will forgive me.”

Her pulled her close again, rocking her as the tars began to shed. “Liebe, I will never be angry at you. This was as much my fault as yours-”

Wanda pulled away from him, wrapping her arms around herself. “No, no. It’s-it’s not that.” The tears continued, her face screwed up in a painful sob. “I’ve lied to you.”

“You--lied?” He asked, confused. His thoughts raced with the awful things she could have lied about. “What did you lie about?”

“I kept something from you. When I left…I….I don’t know how to tell you,” her shoulders heaved as she sobbed.

Kurt grabbed her and wrapped her into a strong embrace. “Tell me now, liebschen,” he said into her hair. “Tell me. We can work through it, I promise.”

Wanda let out a muffled response, most of it going into his shirt. He tilted her chin up. “Tell me.”

“I was pregnant.”

Stevie...I have every intention to finish this, so lets call this part one of my piece...
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaahhhhhhhhh! *nearly rips hair out* Just scare the crap outta me why dontcha? Just kick me over the side why dontcha?

I swear I was hopin' ta faint, but by golly I got a full blown seizure reading this last bit!.....And I liiiiiiiiked it:evil
Please, please, please get the next piece in before I die of withdrawl *sizzle* please *spontaneously combusts from fatal adrenaline levels*

:loveI swear, you and Tatu are the higher powers. :bow:bow:bow
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
:loveI swear, you and Tatu are the higher powers. :bow:bow:bow
naaaaah, we're more satans minions, we're such evil evil teases :evil

and Lisa, final chapter is alllll yours ;)
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

W00t! more updates!!!!!
Btw after its done i wanna post it in the dead nightscrawlers LJ community :p
Silversphinx
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silversphinx »

U stopped there? Evil cliffhangers:o You have to write more.....Please :bow.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Tatu
naaaaah, we're more satans minions, we're such evil evil teases :evil
Well then may Satan smite me for bowing down to you both:bow:P