Lauren's Stories!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Maelstrom »

Lauren,

I want to start this off by telling you I know exactly what you are going through. :cry

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my parents actually divorced. I was too young to understand it, of course. I knew mom and dad were arguing, and mom seemed more upset about it than dad. Then, one day, daddy got on the train to go to work and didn't come back. Not that he was out of my life completely. He still had visitation rights and so forth, but in some ways that made it more difficult to bear, because I could sorta be with him and sorta not.

When I was about 12, my father remarried, and a few years later my mother remarried. Things were rocky between me and my father after that (long story, and not to topic), but I had known my stepfather, Bill, since I was 8 years old. He always seemed to be there, one way or another. For all intents and purposes, he *was* my father.

But wheras my father is still hapilly married to his wife after a good 23 years... well, mom and Bill just... weren't compatible, it seems. They separated when I was still in high school. In fact, I was the same age you are now. Just when I had gotten hapilly comfortable with the idea of there being someone else in the house besides mom and me, he had to go. :shame

I even dealt with this in the exact same way you're dealing with it now: through writing.

Lauren, love... I don't want to fill you with despair. There is always a chance that your parents will go to counseling, and that the problems are temporary. But considering that your mother has said point blank "I love him, but I never hurt him as bad as he hurt me"... well... :urg That bespeaks of several highly unpleasant things that have nothing to do with you, and everything to do with a lack of respect and love in the household.

She should never have said that to you. Never. She could have said so many other things.

-------
"I love him, but things are just so difficult right now."

"I love you, Lauren, and as angry as we are with each other, we never wanted that to spill over to you."

"Oh, honey, I never meant for this to hurt you."
-------

Instead, she put the blame for this whole mess squarely on your father's shoulders, and she did it in front of you, as if she wanted you "on her side". And *that's* not right. :( You can't take a side. It isn't possible, and it isn't fair to make you try.

Lauren, I pray that your parents will seek counseling, and that it isn't too late. If this piece that you have written doesn't get them to stop being selfish and realize that there IS someone else affected by all the fallout, then nothing will. But no matter what happens, know that you have done everything you could with this. You have expressed yourself so well, so directly, that it leaves no "weasel room" on their part.

Plenty of people trip over their tongues, love. You have the ability to glide with your writing, and bypass that cumbersome method of communication entirely. Never belittle yourself for that. If speaking doesn't work, then write. Leave a note on someone's locker, under someone's door or pillow.

As with all your other friends here, my email inbox is always open. (amy.dickinson@idt.com) As is my U2U. Any help I can lend, even if it's just a friendly ear, I will provide it gladly.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

That is a good first step to take, Lauren. You should try to discuss with your mom and dad why they can't discuss it in a more civil manner, it is the grown up thing to do and yelling and screeming is a very childish thing to do. I know that there is a possibility that they might get mad, but you must understand that they wont be mad forever, and whatever you do, do not hate them, love them still. You can be mad but don't let it turn top hate.

My father almost resorted to violence in the more physical sense, but he didn't because it would be a bad influence on my sis and I.

MAKE your parents know how it makes you feel, every last feeling that you feel, how it is effecting you. Not many people realize that when a child grows up around abusive parents, beit physically>emotionally>or verbally, even if they don't realize it, they will most likely end up being abusive themselves because those are the conditions they grew up under, the habits they subconciously learned, and end up feeling that the relationship they are in is strang if it is not an abusive one, and hate it evenmore when it is because they can't help it.
The other thing is that they will not ever be comfortable in an intimate relationship because of the fear that the same could happen to them.

We don't want this to happen to you or anyone else here.:shakeno We want you to have a happy life. If it come to be so bad, you need your parents to cunsult a marriage counselor, it is the only way out.

You know we will always be here to help you, Meine freundin, ask and we will do what we can to help. Like Mistress D has stated, you are like a sister to us, and family sticks together, we don't want to see someone with such beautful talent and imagination be torn down because of a situation like this.

We love you very much, Lauren, Queen. So put on a smile because we will be with you till the end and further may it be your wish.

Lots of love from your Nightscrawler sisters and brothers, and luck,

Eryn O'Sullivan:):kiss
one name: Bruce Campbell
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

my mom read the story to my dad over the phone, and he told me that they were working everything out, and that they still loved me and my brother very much. He was crying when he told me and he said that my writing made him very proud of me, and that he knew that I would become a famous writer one day.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:)I'm very proud of you to, and happy that they are working it out. And you WILL be a famous writer someday!!!!:D

;)Keep up the good work.

"Don't worry...Be happy ooooh ooh ooh doo dee do dee do dee do, do dee do, do dee doe do dee do dee do...." :pbad singing, I know.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

*Hugs*

Post by kladyelf »

geez, go offline for a couple days and you miss stuff!

Lauren honey hang in there! my parents argue too but they have been together for a bit over thirty years ( i was born on their third anniversary so i know how long) so you never know.

Your parents do sound like they are going through a rough patch, which unfortunately happens to us all at one point or another, just remember that they *do* love you, and it sounds like they are sorting it out - and that they will always be there for you. - like we will here online! *hugs* to you kiddo (wow, 17 and you can write like that, i'm jealous!)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Wolvertique »

Glad to see your dad was so nice about everything, hon. Keep us posted about what's happening!

So, ready to get Kurt and Logan back? ;)
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

*pounces on top of Kurt* I'm ready and raring to go, Wolvertique! *smothers Kurt in kisses*:P
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Wolvertique »

Erm...I said "revenge," not "ravish" ...

Eh, whatever.

::engages in NC-17 acts with unnamed X-men after closing her door::
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Names

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: I read issue 444 of UXM today… This came to mind on the second to last page.

It doesn’t spoil much, but a cop throws Kurt’s badge in his face and calls him a freak.

“Freak!”

“Monster!”

“Devil!”

“Demon!”

“El Diablo Azuel!”

“Goblin!”

“Blauer Dämon!”

“Blauer Teufel!”

“Troll!”

He’s heard them all before, and yet each time he hears them they sting like a fresh knife wound to his body. He can’t help but wonder sometimes why he ever believed that people would understand and come to coincide with mutants who looked different from them.

Other times, Kurt Wagner wondered if he was really a demon after all.

He was wondering this very thing as he walked down the streets of New York City, his hands in his pockets as he went with his head bowed in thought. He wasn’t wearing his image inducer, he felt too ashamed of himself for hiding who and what he really was, even if it caused him eternal strife.

The first problem he faced was a glass bottle striking him in the back of the head. When it struck he cried out and whirled around, his hand rubbing the back of his head slowly. What he found was three youths, dressed in the attire of a Neo-Nazi laughing and pointing at him.

“What are ya gonna do, freak?” the leader asked, starting to walk towards him in a threatening manner, his arms spread out slightly. “You wanna fight me and my friends over that bump? I think you’ll lose when you sue your ass! No one saw us throw anything, and there’s no way you can prove it!” Scowling faintly, Kurt turned around and continued to walk on.

“Yeah, keep running, freak!” one of the others shouted after him. “Ya freakin’ coward!”

Kurt found people giving him a wide berth later on during his walk. Some of them looked over at him fearfully, worrying that he could perhaps do something to them. An old woman even crossed herself while crossing the street to get away from him.

It made Kurt’s eyes start to sting.

Then, they were the taunts from quite a few people passing him by.

“Filthy Mutie….”

“Don’t let it touch you, honey! You’ll catch its disease!”

“Demon…”

“Devil…”

“Freak…”

“Should be ashamed of himself…”

“One of those X-men freaks…”

“…all be locked up.”

“…camps…”

“Trask had the right idea…”

“Kill ‘em all…”

Pressing his hands to his ears tightly, Kurt closed his eyes and he teleported into an alleyway. Leaning his back against the wall, he bent forward and tears fell down his tightly closed his eyes as his body trembled from him trying not to cry out loud.

Why wouldn’t the voices get out of his head? They just kept spinning round and round, twisting and turning in their order.

“Animal!”

“Beast!”

“Should be shot!”

“Gassed like a stray dog!”

“Filthy thing!”

“Demon!”

“Devil!”

“Troll!”

“Goblin!”

“Imp!”

“Ghoul!”

“Elf?”

Opening his eyes, Kurt slowly turned his head and he removed his hands from his ears to hear more clearly. A child was looking up at him, her head tilted to one side as she looked him over with amber eyes.

“What?” Kurt asked softly.

“Are you an Elf? Like in Lord of the Rings?” the child asked, looking at him with sparkling eyes. Kurt smiled weakly and he shook his head a bit.

“No, I am not an Elf from that story.” He said.

“Why were you crying?” she asked. “Are you hurt?”

“In a way.” Kurt admitted softly. The child reached into her pocket and she took something out, holding it out to Kurt in a tiny fist.

“When I’m sad or hurt, my mommy gives me this and it cheers me up.” She explained. “Maybe it will cheer you up, Mister Blue Elf.” Smiling faintly, Kurt reached out and he took what the child offered him.

“I have to go now.” She said, before she turned and ran off. Kurt watched her run off to where her mother was waiting for her at the corner. Opening his hand, he looked into it and he found himself looking at a blue raspberry Jolly Rancher.

Smiling faintly, Kurt unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth, lifting his head to catch a final glimpse of the child and her mother.

“Come on, Elf!”

“Fuzzy!”

“Blue!”

“Blueberry Muffin!”

“Teleporting Elf.”

“Nightcrawler.”

“‘Crawler.”

“Silly Elf!”

“Blue Fur Ball!”

Kurt turned and he headed back to the mansion, his head held high and his tail swaying happily.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

Awwwwww. Blue raspberry Jolly Ranchers are the coolest! I'm addicted to them ^_^ It was really sweet of that little kid. And the elf thing was just sooo cute! Makes you wanna sigh and go "Awwwwwwwww". I hope things get better with your family. And as soon as I find the right base, that webdoll is yours!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

Awww! Yet another very sweet one. And not just because of the candy. ;) *rim shot* Little girls are always so cute and innocent... *flashback to her own days of harassing squirrels and playing nekkid in mud puddles* ...Well most of them...
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by SheCat »

Aw, that's so cute! Really a nice story, very sweet, I love the change in thought processes towards the end.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

yeah, Kurt should get more hugs and kisses then people yelling at him.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*huggs and kisses galore for Kurt* Verrrrrry sweet. Here is another names for him "snuggle me 'crawler" *like snuggle me Elmo except 10xbetter*
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

The Brand

Post by Lauren »

He was so tired.

The chain around his neck and wrists were far too tight for him, and they chaffed and pulled at his skin and fur as he was forced to move onward in the slave line.

One of the men was not satisfied with his progress, and he was shoved forward harshly, tripping and falling to his knees.

The lash came down on his back next, and he flinched as it kissed his back. His body trembled as he tried to force himself to stand up, but the shouts and lashings weren’t helping him much.

A gentle hand took him by the arm and pulled him up to his feet. Looking over his shoulder, he looked at his foster sister, who smiled weakly at him, a fresh scar blazing bright red on the side of her face.

Another stroke of the lash broke the moment, and Kurt Szardos started to move once more.

The screams from his tribe members being branded reached his pointed ears, and Kurt was terrified for his turn.

He didn’t want to be branded. He didn’t want to be in chains, he didn’t want to be a slave. There were so many things that he didn’t want to happen to him, and the Gadje was doing them all to him.

He was grabbed roughly and brought into the room where branding irons rested in the flames. He kicked and fought with them weakly, crying out in his Rom tongue as they tied him down. Whimpering, Kurt watched as the branding iron was taken out of the flames, a large ‘V’ glowing from the fire.

It sizzled when it was pressed onto his bare chest, and his scream echoed everywhere as he was branded for slavery.

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by SheCat »

Jeez, Lauren. That was brutal. And very well-detailed.

Hey, you used my opening line! :P I just used that in my unnamed project!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

you did? *looks and blushes* oopsie daisy!:D I didn't even realize.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

She is right, that was brutal *crys* Poor kurti, STUPID HUMAN SCUM! Why can't we all just get along?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

it wasn't because he was a mutant. This is 1561, and he's a Romani.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

Poor Kurt! :( I can imagine the screams....have you ever heard a rabbit get branded? It's how meat breeders mark their stock, and the sound is unnerving, like a great flock of birds all shrieking at once.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I STAND BY MY CASE! STUPID HUMAN SCUM!!! *why can't we all just get along*~mars attacks.

ALL HAIL QUEEN LAUREN AND HER FANTABULOUS FICS!!!

thinks*if Lauren is queen and Alan is king?....:oGASP....:naughtyyou know what that means, eh?*
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

New Home

Post by Lauren »

He was in the slave pen for six months, his looks keeping him from being bought by anyone. He watched helplessly as one by one his family was sold, and it soon became just him and his foster sister left. He tried to hide her when the people came to look at the slaves, making her crouch down while he piled straw on top of her to hide her.

This worked for a while, and some of the overseers were wondering where she had gone when one of the buyers, a noble by the name of Braddock came in and he lashed out with his cane at the pile of straw, making her cry out. He paid for her, and he tried to lead her out of the pens, but Kurt lashed out with his claws and fangs, cutting up his hand badly before an overseer struck him upside the head.

When Kurt woke, he found himself in the solitary cells, where they put the troublemakers. It was wet and cold there, and he shivered badly in his chains. He soon was struck down by a bad fever, and he often lay in the corner of his cell, curled up in a fetal position, shivering and moaning as the fever gave him hallucinations and made him vomit a yellowish green bile.

The fever soon passed, but the smell in the cell did not. Kurt was stuck in these conditions for a month until someone opened the door to his cell to show him to someone.

The man was a priest with piercing sky blue eyes. He looked down his crooked nose at Kurt and he sniffed slightly.

“He’ll do.” He said. In no time Kurt found himself being forced to trot beside the priest’s horse, a chain around his neck like a leash with shackles on his ankles to keep him from running too fast.

The priest’s home was definitely a violation of the poverty clause in the Priest Vows. It was a large mansion with five floors; each one with more rooms than was needed. He also had fifty acres of land around his mansion, which included his stables and the church that he preached at.

He brought Kurt to the stables, dismounting and taking off of the leash, leaving the ankle shackles on. He turned to Kurt and looking at him like one does with a filthy homeless dog. Kurt looked back at him in the eyes, and he was struck in the face with a willow switch.

“You will not make eye contact with any of your betters.” His master said, flexing the switch in his hands. “Which includes myself, my wife, and all of the servants in the household. I would say not to make eye contact with my hunting dogs, pigs, cows, and horses too but you will need to look them in the eyes to make sure they are healthy.

“Your work will be in the stables and pens of my animals. You will tend to the pigs first, and then the cows, the horses, and my dogs shall be last. I expect them to be tended to very well and be in the best condition possible. An overseer will come and check on you during the day, and you will be whipped if he sees you being lazy or idle in your work. Idleness is the Devil’s playground; never forget that.

“I will inspect them when the day is done, and if something is wrong, you will be whipped. If this becomes a pattern, you will find yourself back in the slave market. I suggest that you work hard not to mess anything up.

“My house and the church are off limits for the likes of you. If I ever catch you in either place, you will be hanged without question. Don’t think I will give you warnings first. I can afford to kill a few disobedient slaves if I have to.

“I want you to tend to the horses and dogs today. Your first inspection will be when the sunsets. If you want to make a good first impression, don’t mess this up.

“Now with everything said, do you have any questions?” Kurt made sure to keep his head lowered, his tail curling around his left leg slowly.

“Where do I eat and sleep?” he asked. His master snorted softly, crossing his arms over his chest.

“You will be sleeping with the pigs in night. Your meals will be with them as well. Now get to work. The Lord frowns upon the lazy.” With that, he turned and headed back to his mansion.

Kurt watched after him, his tail swaying slowly. The horse beside him snorted at him, swishing its own tail a bit. Nodding faintly as if the horse had said something, Kurt turned and led it into the stables.

“I hate it here too.” He whispered softly.

Tending to the horses was quite easy. The horses were very gentle with him, and he became quite connected with them in the hour he was with them, cleaning and brushing each one of them.

One of the horses, a white mare with a black mane and tail, nudged her bucket of feed at him, and Kurt understood that she was offering him to eat from her oats. He was so hungry that he knelt down and ate two handfuls of the food, drinking from the horse’s water trough.

The dogs…well…

Some of the dogs were nice to him, wagging their tails at him and licking his hands and feet in greeting. The majority of them growled and bared their teeth at him, snapping at his hands and tail, wanting to draw his blood like they were trained to do. A few of them were able to bite him, but he didn’t strike at them or hate them. He understood that these dogs were trained to be so violent towards him, and that wasn’t their fault now was it?

When the sun went down, he watched his master walk up to him at the stables, and he hoped that he had done good enough not to be beaten. His master walked past him, looking over his horses and dogs. He stopped once, narrowing his eyes when he looked at the mare’s food bucket.

“Zelda’s food should be more than this.” He said. “Remember that for tomorrow.”

“I will.” Kurt whispered, nodding faintly. Seeing the bites on Kurt’s hands, his master smiled faintly and he patted his dogs on their heads.

“You’ve done well your first day.” He said. “You may go to sleep now.” Kurt bowed slowly; figuring that that was what he was expected to do.

The pigsty was not too far from the stables and Kurt could find it by using his nose. To his dismay, he found that it was just a pile of mud surrounded by a wooden fence. There was no kind of shelter to protect them from the rain or whatnot, and he was stuck sleeping with them.

Slowly, he knelt down and he crawled into the pigsty, wincing at the mud that got into his fur and tattered clothes. Some of the pigs turned to him and sniffed him a bit, wondering what this new thing was that was coming into their domain. They soon gave him their permission to rest there, and they turned to fall asleep in a huddle in the corner of the sty.

Curling up into a fetal position in the watery mud, Kurt slowly closed his eyes, and he fell asleep.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

I'd be married to alan! HURRAY!

BOO people who brand rabbits! *whaps those damned people!*

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:puppy:(:cryPoor Kurti, I would have bought him and set him free somewhere where he would never be harmed or hated again, where people would say,"Well, howdy do to you, Mr. Wagner!" and he would reply,"And a howdy do to you too!" and tip hats to eachother, with little kids running up to him givin' hugs and eating huge spiral lollies*passes out lollies*.

Animals are always the best companions. Well done Queen *inwardly growls...Get the heck away from my Alan!*
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

why are the people going howdy?

and why is kurt going howdy?

howdy? does anyone even say that anymore except for like the south or somefin'?

*snarls* my Alan!