Limbo Kurt

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Limbo Kurt

Post by Lauren »

Well...I bought uncanny x-men 160...read it...wrote this afterwards!

Sometimes, Kurt wished that he could stay dead.

His tail curled up around his ankles as he crouched down on a large rock.

Everyday he cursed his master for letting him live and killing the rest of his teammates, Ororo the only one able to escape with her life.

Kurt clenched his teeth, closing his eyes slowly.

Most nights, he saw the battle over in his dreams. He always woke up at the same point too, just as his lover was ripped apart before his very eyes.

Slowly, Kurt opened his eyes and he watched as flame toads started to slink on by him. Thy resembled toads slightly, their bodies twisted and bloated with their eyes on long stalks that could twist every which way they needed them to.

Lifting his disfigured hands to his face, Kurt winced and set them back down again.

He had been so happy when he saw his lover, his Katzchen, alive. It was short lived however when she cried out when he touched familiar flesh.

Kurt’s lip twitched as his tail uncurled and started to sway behind him.

Belasco thought Kurt was his slave, but he was wrong. As he filled Kurt with evil, Kurt held onto some of his goodness, and it was that goodness that saved him from being under Belasco’s total control.

As Kurt continued to watch the toads, he thought about the evil he had been forced to commit for his master. He wasn’t foolish like he had been with the X-men, he knew he could never beat Belasco in battle, so he pretended to be a simple docile slave.

In one swift motion, he grabbed a toad, making it shriek in fright.

He remembered his friend Piotr’s sister Illyana. Everyone had loved her so much, and then Belasco had to kill her.

Kurt’s lip twitched again and his eyes narrowed as he watched the toad struggling in his hand.

“Do you want to play with me, Snowflake?”

“Yes! What are we going to play?” He would always tap her shoulder with his tail and then run away, laughing the whole time.
“Tag! You’re it!”

Hissing, Kurt violently shook his head.

“That life is over.” He whispered to the toad. “All over for Nightcrawler!” In one deft motion, he slammed it against the rock he was on, killing it instantly in a soft splatter of guts.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered; his voice sounding like it was on the verge of tears. “I must live. So…I must eat.”

As the toads ran away to their little pit, the sound of an animal ripping into flesh was heard.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Limbo Kurt

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

Yup, I'm commenting after 5 years. You won't read this... but it was very good and brought tears to my eyes. Good job humanizing him and explaining why he 'touched familiar flesh' as you put it.

:)

'Tail