Iceman piccy...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
ChibiKasai
Lubber
Lubber

Iceman piccy...

Post by ChibiKasai »

Wow...it's been a while since I've been here. This part of the forum is a great idea, though.

Anyhow, offering up art to be critiqued: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4406486/
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Iceman piccy...

Post by hilowey »

Umm...I don't see anything...
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Iceman piccy...

Post by SheCat »

His right shoulder needs a bit more rounding. It looks like he has one arm to me. Even if it is meant to be hidden by the rest of his body, it's good to move it into the open a little more so it doesn't look strange.

I always thought that his hair got kind of slick when he iced up, but I guess that's stylistic.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
AmethystFaire
Lubber
Lubber

Iceman piccy...

Post by AmethystFaire »

I agree with SheCat. Although he's standing at a 3/4 angle, more shoulder would be visible. Try to keep in mind that men have broader shoulders that are roughly 1/3 wider than their hips. Right now, his figure looks a bit girlish, but that could be your style of drawing as opposed to technical issues. :D

I also think that a few more daker shadows would help make the image pop. Nothing too dark, mind you, but the jacket and shirt especially could use some more lowlights.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Iceman piccy...

Post by Warbird »

Actually I think that the shoulder and arm are correct in how much is shown. I think that the collar is giving the effect that there is less shoulder than there should be. Also, there is a dramatic prespective that you took that makes the back arm look smaller than the front. But since that arm is up and towards the viewr it should be that way. I'm not trying to contradict any one deliberatly I should mention. I actually think that the neck is a little too thin and long. Men tend to have broad necks. I think that the shoulders are the correct width because the hips are more frontal and visable which makes them look wider proportionaly to the shoulders which are forshortend. Though it is correct, it gives an odd, and I agree Girlish visual allusion. I would just exagerate the 1/3 ratio to get the gender point across.

I think that you could use some deeper blues in your coloring of the body. The glasses and shirt have a really rich dark blue that would translate well to the skin. It would also tie the image together.

Over all, I think it's a strong drawing, the body mechanics are correct with the shoulder dropping in responce to the other arm lifting. That's actually something that still give me problems, and you seem to have got it. Way to go
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy