Spirited Away/X-Men Evolution

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Don't kill me if you don't like Spirited Away. :oops

I thougth a X-Men-Evolution/Spirited Away parody would be fun.

Heres the cast and story Syphosis

Story: When a mission becomes a disater, Amanda's parents deside to move, AND she ends up in the Spirit World, with out dyeing! She finds her self having to rely on the courage and she never new she had just to servive. And what does Kurt and his death have in common with a spirit named Haku?

Chihiro-Amanda

Haku-Himself (but not totally) HINT!HINT!

Chihiro's Father-Amanda's Father

Chihiro's Mother-Amanda's Father

Everyone else is pretty much themselves,

as you can see I haven't started writing yet. I was hoping to get other peoples opinions first, so what do yeah think of the idea?

And If you have any questions about the story please ask
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

*sigh*...

Please, please, *PLEASE*, I beg of you, only use the movie to *INSPIRE* your fic. If I wanted to read a movie, I'd buy the novelisation of it. Seriously.

"Recast". Fics. Aren't. Good.

So many people new to fanfic think that they are because it's an incredibly easy shortcut towards writing something. All they have to do is write a movie they like, then change the names in a simple 'search and replace' operation. There's no *effort* in a "Recast" fic.

You love the characters, obviously. You love the movie. Do both them and yourself the *credit* of creating something new out of them.

Yes, it's slower. Yes, it's harder. *Yes*, it is way more painful... but in the end, you have *achievement*. You have something that, while not *entirely* your own, is something that bears the stamp of your own individuality. It shines through in anything that you make completely of yourself.

So shine - it's nothing to be afraid of.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Yes this is inspired by Spirited Away, And I give praise to Hayao Miyazaki for making that beautiful film. How ever it will be much longer do to the begining.

The Romance between Amanda and Kurt
will be more serious then Chihiro and Haku, by a noticable amount.

And in the beginning Amanda will try to join the X-Men, which is how the story begins.

Now, I might not get to writing this, I just posted this to get peoples opinions on the idea.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

The idea as you originally presented it came off as Yet Another Recast Fic... which I find a personal anathema, alas.

You're going to have to work to explain why Amanda doesn't initially recognise Kurt - if you're even going to touch on the same plot.

I *do* encourage you to write the story. Just write a new one, is all. Put your personal touches and beliefs into it. Create rules and heirarchy and all the interesting little touches that give a story depth.

You can do it. You have the imagination - *use* it. I *know* you can do it. Don't give up because I lambasted the original concept. Change and mutate it. Morph it into something that will fascinate and entrance.

All it takes is a little extra effort. Hell, I'm willing to confab with you and ask deep questions like, "Since neither of the XEvo characters know Japanese, how would Yubaba take and transform their names?" or, "Why have it in Japan at all? What's wrong with some other spooky portal into other realms?" Stuph like that.

I want to *HELP* you become a better writer, even if that means being slightly rude at times and ranting and so forth. One of the best mentors I ever had laughed out loud at one of my attempts to write dialect, and that lead to an hour-long discussion on how best to approach foreign people in a text-based arena.

So let's discuss things, rather than slip into the black-and-white world of "do it *this* way or not at all".
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Maybe I should just start writing this fic so you can see first hand what I had in mind, and the certain plot twist and additions that are of my imagination. Instead of trying to explain the whole story in a few paragraphs. :?

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Sounds like a very good start to *me* ^_^ Share all results, but be warned I'll be attempting to critique on a professional level.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Okay.........................*gulps* :oops

lets see, this is my....what....my 2ed fic?

I'M DOOMED! :surprise :die

Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Why don't you make :evokurt Haku. :shifty :shrug Well...
it's a good idea...
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Originally posted by Kazifasari
I'M DOOMED! :surprise :die
ROFLOL! :LOL

I'll be gentle, promise.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Originally posted by Neko Cat 7
Why don't you make :evokurt Haku. :shifty :shrug Well...
it's a good idea...
Thats I surprise! Do you think I would let out such importent info?

Okay, okay. here's a major spoiler, if you can't wait to see whether or not Kurt's Haku then read the spoiler. Other wise don't bother.

[spoiler]He is, but probobly not quite in the same way that you had in mind :smirk[/spoiler]