The Not-So-Lame Comic (Whee! Update)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

Yet again, I love it! This is really really excellant, much better then some of the stuff I have seen published, but then I have always loved the character interaction stuff best.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Well Maddie and Bluefooted, however you do it, it's very charming. I love the totally relaxed look Kurt has in the first panel, tail draped lazily over his leg.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

We're Back! Just took a little break from everything... Now, where were we? Here's page 5 (Thanks to Maddie!). My dog makes a cameo :D I promise that something will happen... soon!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... comic5.jpg
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightmare »

Hmmmm. I don't see your dog, blue... ?
Don't hate me because I scare you...
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

this is tortouring me! where's the rest :p
and i don't see a doggie, i guess it was covered by the dialogue boxes.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

He's hard to see - it was a very small cameo! He's the black and white blob under the table in front of the cafe.

Also, I just want to say that I have newfound respect for all the writers and storyboarders out there. This is difficult! Trying to get across what information you need to convey in order to move the plot along - whooo!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Is it crazy that I laughed out loud at, "your dog blue?"
(I thought it was "My Dog Blue!" )
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I love it! And I spotted Blue right off. Yay me. I hope the holidays don't totally derail you guys, because this is great stuff. I can see how it would be difficult to decide what to put in, how to divide the panels, etc... You're doing a great job.
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Salinea »

The comic strips are wonderful and the story moves along quite well :D. I spotted the dog too, do you bring (him or her?) to cafe's too? ;D Too bad the characters are already owned, if they weren't you could probably get comics like these published. Slave Labor Graphics does a lot of publishing for small creators.
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

YAY! I love it! I cant tell you how impatiently I am waiting for the next one. I want to print them all out so I can always have the comic!
Bamf_me_baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_me_baby »

I love your comic to peices!!!!:kiss
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

I realy like your comic. I'm very pick to how NightCrawler looks but i realy like how you have drawn him. Your NightCrawler is my favs list.
I hope to see more of you comic. It is realy good.:)
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

A Huge update for all you faithful readers (lookers?) courtesy of Mad - Wish her well, she's feeling sick :sick

Enjoy!

Page 6 (don't look if you don't like red blood)
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... comic6.jpg

Page 7 (Angst!)
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... comic7.jpg

Page 8 (Cute fluffiness!)
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... comic8.jpg
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Cute fluffiness? ROFLMAO!!

*gasp*
*snerk*

Now that I've recovered myself. Very effective dream sequence in page 6. Poor Kurti. Loved the ghost images in seven. I think I already expressed my opinion of page 8.

All together - awesome update you two. Can't wait to see more. Who needs the Draco arc when we've got this? Sorry to hear Maddie's under the weather. It's that time of year.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I adore how Kurt hides his head when he needs some female affection. That picture is so funny, Ororo's expression is perfect, and Kurt is playful as ever.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

*think*

Well i realy likedi t. It it hard for me to explain realy. I'm not good with that. The 6th pages shocked me at frist. Though after see the other pages maked sence to me. Ohh i'm just not good at this..............

BTW: sorry to hear your friend is sick. Hope she feels better soon.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Don't worry about me, I'm not on death's door, just a pesky cold and a big ol' tonsils.

Besides, doing blue's dialogue and layout is always a pick-me-up. :D
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

"Mrfl" Heh.

I love it to bits, BF ^_^

Eager to see more, of course, but sincerely hoping Maddie gets better RSN. Shall I concoct some Kuroro "get better" art to help her from her sickbed?
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks, guys, for all the kind words! :blush Can you believe we're only on page 8 :shocked I can't.

Anyway, just a couple of things to say about it so far:

First, let me apologize for Kurt's Hawaiian shirt. Is he supposed to be Bobby or something? I don't know, but I felt we needed some patterns on their clothes.

Second, I probably won't be adding anything over the holidays. I need a break and my parents' computer is powered by hamsters - so, best not to, I think. But, I won't forget about it! I promise I'll be back. Assuming anyone cares...

I have it all planned out in my head (and on paper) but it still changes every once in a while. So, I don't know how long this will be. It does seem to move slowly, but I'm hoping that's just an illusion. I'm trying to keep it light, but with scary elements which is kind of tricky for me. If something doesn't work - or doesn't make sense - let me know. I like to get feedback, even if it's critical.

And, of course, Mad has been doing just an absolutely excellent job as dialogue writer, layout artist, and editor. I shudder to think what it would look like without her help!

and, um... that is all
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*giggles madly at last panel, and ponders meaning of nightmare*

hey it _has_ to be significant somehow?

hey i liked the hawaiian shirt, not as loud as Bobby - *huggles Bobby*

aaanyway, i just gotta say i like your Kurt, cuddly, casual and dare i say a tiny bit scruffy which adds to the cuddly factor? :D

hope you get better soon Mads - here you can borrow my cat if you wanna speed up your hampsters Bluefooted! (oh wait, you're in america aren't you?) oh well...
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

The dream sequence could symbolize so much of his past. No matter that he had no choice, Kurt does have his brother's blood on his hands. But he's also had to commit, and he's seen so much, violence that the blood could be from actions he has helped set in motion (or failed to prevent). I'm curious to see whether the nightmares (as I'm pretty certain he'll have more :smirk) will point to a specific point, or even whether they're deliberately generated by the outside.

Hell, with our luck, it's the secretary who's really committing all the mayhem. :D

** :*D "I need female acceptance!" Any old excuse, huh?

(Insert racy breast feeding comments here)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Priscellie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Priscellie »

Wow, Blue! Three in one day! A fabulous break from madly studying for exams! As always, your art is top-notch, and Kurt is absolutely adoreable beyond words.

The dream sequence was very effective. I love how you brought back the images throughout the comic, showing how they haunted Kurt.

I love the way you handle those two! The sheer Kurtness is fabulous. You and Mad really have his characterization down perfectly. From the "only Kurt would EVER sit like this on the edge of a roof" pose to the merry recollection of his childhood to him throwing himself at Ororo. *dies of cuteness*

Fabulous, fabulous work, Blue! And ditto for Mad! I hope you guys have a great holiday, and I hope Mad gets over her cold quickly. If it's anything like what I've got, you must be miserable. :D

I look forward to seeing page 9 after the holidays are over! Enjoy the break!
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zuno »

Wow :o!! The story is starting to get realy exsiting, and the drawings are so great! To be anest, I like your commic bether than the original. :thumbup I look more forwar to one side of your coomic than a entire magasine of the normal X-Men. Youre doing it so great!
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

YAY! i go away for a few days and there are more pages when I return! I know I have said this beofre, but I really, really love your comic!!! I am anxiously awaiting more (though I am deffinately willing to wait for your awsome coloring)!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Just checked them! and i love them! specially the last one thee hee hee Kurt is evil!
:LOL
thanks for sharing them Blue! and Maddie get well soon!