Mad With Power art challenge!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Heya peeps.

This challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to make a piece of Nightcrawler-themed fanart that describes this phrase:

Be careful what you wish for... you might just get it

Here are the details:
1. Feel free to attach your entry to this thread, in .jpg or .gif format, under 40kb.

2. This isn't a Kurt-Ororo contest - I'm running it as mod of this forum, not as webmistress of T&B. :) You can be relationshippy or single, funny, solemn, ridiculous, whatever. Just be creative!

3. The deadline is November 3.

4. There'll be several "winners," but only one prize, for "best in show." I may bring in some other judges or start a poll to choose the winner (TBA).

5. The prize for "best in show" - a custom pixel-art avatar to your specifications!

Have fun!
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

Wee! done! Way to quick. It's a bit shoddy quality in my opinion. But it was one of those I'm inspired moments and being hungry and tired at the same time doesn't help.
http://roze13.sphosting.com/fatherartchallenge.html
so, here it is.. hosted on my site for ease purposes.... If you don't read Uncanny, this won't make any sense.. unless you read all the spoilers here on scrawlers :D
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

I am intrigued. I'll see if I can whip up something for this.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it...

Post by kurtlover »

Specially if nighty steps away from those shadows :andrew:naugthy

my entry :D
i was having fun sketching with my new black marker and this popped out my head.
Hope you like it.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I'll see if I can do something for this.

My pic will be here and I will add it as soon as I finish:
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I think there's some confusion on the theme though.

To clarify for everyone, the phrase, "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it" is sort of... a warning. It means that you may think you want something very, very much, but if your wish were to come true, you might find out that it isn't what you wanted.

So, it could be something like Roze's piece, where Kurt discovers having a Dad isn't as great as he thought it would be... or it could be Kurt wishing he could cool off and being turned into a block of ice by Bobby ("that's not what I meant, you cold-hearted snake!" )... you get the idea?

Hope that helps people in their inspiration.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Mine is ok? or should i take it down and do something else? how many entries we can have?
thanks for answering me back Maddie :D
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Hhmmm, what would Kurt wish for?

:idea How about a loving wife and a happy family?! In these enlightened times, why should his wife have to give up her superhero career? Someone's got to do the harder job - taking care of the kids :LOL

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... s/wish.jpg
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

*attaches herself to the little bow girl and squeees* Bluefooted, you are so CUTE! I love the attention to detail with the striped socks and frumpled little dress. She got a name?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Oh my goodness, bluefooted, that seals it. I can't be the only judge of this contest because I love that illustration too much. It's simply incredible how you've captured the scene. I must have it for T&B, too. It's magical.

Kurtlover, the piece you submitted is beautiful, but it doesn't talk about the theme at all. So feel free to make another entry if you want to! :nodyes
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by bluefooted

:idea How about a loving wife and a happy family?! In these enlightened times, why should his wife have to give up her superhero career? Someone's got to do the harder job - taking care of the kids :LOL
:*D :*D AAAUUUGGGHH! You've done it again! *g-snortch* AHAHAHA!! *wheeze* *thud*

:*) *pant* The tail... Tying pretty ribbons on the tail.... That's just too much, honey. That's priceless. The kid playing "daddy" with the cape in the background is great, but tying pretty ribbons on the tail... :*)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

LOL!!!! this is really funny :D
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Kaileighblue »

I don't know if I want a prize but anything to give me inspiration :D Will post here later..

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3522150/

Don't ask what it means.. I just .. had to.. :?
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Eek! Bluefooted, that is so much better than mine! Poor Kurt, he actually looks exhausted! And the baby... reminds me of my younger sister when she was that age... what a mess... *squeals and runs off*
Phoebe Mittens
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Phoebe Mittens »

I'm sorry Maddie but you SO have a winner already - Bluefoot, that is insanely good! I'm just waiting for him to look up, eyes welling, and say something like "you never bring me flowers any more, do you... you never compliment me.... you TAKE ME FOR GRANTED!!" etc..

:LOL
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

I'm sad that I can't seem to come up with a single worthy idea. I will jump on the bandwagon, though, and say that I think bluefooted's drawing is adorable.

Argh! If only I had an idea!
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Kaileighblue
I don't know if I want a prize but anything to give me inspiration :D Will post here later..

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3522150/

Don't ask what it means.. I just .. had to.. :?
I have a scene set for this one:

It was a late night for Kurt, later than usual, after a grueling mission that included chemical exposure. He's sacked out on the couch in the rec room and some kid crawled down to watch cartoons at Oh-God-Thirty on a Saturday morning. Of course, he does it in front of Kurt, who never wakes up for stuff like this. The little sadist left it on while he got cereal, and My Pretty Pony came on.

The combination of chemical exposure, a "why can't my life be less hectic" wish, and My Pretty Pony on the TV can be a strange and potent mixture... :eek
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

HOLY WOW!! *going to need stitches in side if I keep laughing so hard...!!* :*D, which then leads to :die (("dying" of laughter. ;) ))

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

Kaileighblue, your pic rocks. Everyone looks so cute in the MLP theme, hehe. I'm so amused by that.

And like Snicket, I'd be all over this is I could just think of a decent idea. *sigh*
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I have an idea, and I'm working on it. I got a late start (I've been out of town) but there ain't no way it's going to beat Bluefooted's pic. I might just put it up for kicks.

Bluefooted, looove the bows on his tail! Guess the wedding wasn't called off after all. :LOL Every time I think you've outdone yourself... :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

BAHAHAHA! You people are so creative. I'm so impressed with the quality of the submissions so far. Now that I have an idea of the rate that they may come in, I've set a deadline of November 3rd, and updated the first post. :)
zwei
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zwei »

Bluefooted... HILARIOUS art, as always. Just georgeous!

I'll take my stab at it, it'll probably be more solemn, tho. I'll post here when I'm done!
www.livejournal.com/users/lytharts

"If I led a normal life I'd quite cheerfully go mad and fall over now." - Nightcrawler

The tail is connected to the base of the spine ... It DOES NOT grow out of the @**!" - Dave Cockrum
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

kaileigh... I like that! Wow... I wish I could do color like ya'll... I just have to stick with pencil shading for now I guess... *contemplates coloring her submission to see what happens*
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Sorte Springer »

I think Bluefooted and Kaileighblues pictures are equally insanely cute, I love the baby crawlers, and I definatly love the X-ponies.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

OMG Kaileigh I absolutely love the My Little X-Ponies pic! :clap It's just way to creative, never would have expected it. And all the ponies just fit their counterparts so well ( Sammy sea-pony, love it)! I'd just love to see some of the rest of the cast as ponies now. What an idea for an online comic that would be! LOL

Adore yours too bluefooted! The expressions on the faces of your characters are to die for and your style is just so much fun! And Roze I love the premise of yours, it’s just too funny! :) Judges are going to have a dang hard time choosing who’s going to win. Sure glad I'm not a judge, I'd just be like "And everybody wins cause we've all got these great pics to look at now whooo!". ;)
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld