Speak now, or forever hold your peace...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Another cartoon for you folks! I got engaged recently (Yeee!). Both our families are Catholic (although some are more Catholic than others) and they don't seem to like eachother that much. Always arguing about who corrupted whom, etc. I can assure you, it was I that did all the corrupting :naughty Anyway, thinking about weddings and all, and trying to get our two families together in the same room - seemed like Kurt and Ro might have a similar problem!

Not sure what's happening in the background - some kind of ruckus apparently! Scott looks like a dork, but what can you do. Well, here it is - warning Kuroro ahoy!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoote ... dding1.jpg
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Wow! I must say, I usually stick to drawing one or two characters because I can't draw the rest, and you've just mastered a roomful! Good Lord, you are great at this.

And BTW, if Scott looks like a dork, it means you drew him to perfection. He IS a dork.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

New favorite! I love Logan standing there with his claws out, trying to decide who to dice first. And poor Kurt. Ororo never seems to be phased by anything though...
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

omg that has to be one of the funniest things i've ever seen!!!! i like the colors, too. all the characters look great.
Nightcrawler's expression is too funny!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Oh, wow, bluefooted. You've outdone yourself. So funny, so charming. May I, may I please? :D
Sorte Springer Returns

Post by Sorte Springer Returns »

As always your fan art is a joy to behold !
This piece is futher more irresistably funny, Kurts realatives and the x-men fighting in church. I think you are right about Logan beeing the best man and Kitty being the maid of honour.

Congratulations with your engagement by the way.
EileenK98
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EileenK98 »

That was cute! I noticed at the last few weddings I've been to, the priest skipped the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part. I guess he didn't want anyone to make a scene?
"And when I reach the other side,
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can.
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain,
But I'll be back again . . ."

RIP Johnny Cash
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Aaw, sweet and funny at the same time. :LOL

Poor Kurt, I would have left that phrase out of the ceremony. And is that Jean as Maid of Honor? I also like the nod to movie Kurt (striped pants), but it seems he has no fashion sense even at his own wedding.

However, beware of rabid fangirls swinging sticks of summer sausage for even suggesting their fuzzy elf would actually tie the knot. :surprise

Also, Congrats Bluefooted :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks guys! It was pretty fun to draw - my favorite was Kurt's daddy! This was also my first attempt to color anything in Photoshop (Thanks to Bamfette for her tutorial). Jean is actually supposed to be the 'Matron' of honor, but she could be Kitty, too, I guess. Take at will, MWP! You're welcome to it.

Ducks flying :sausage thrown by angry fangirls. Well, who knows what -verse this is? I sure don't. And maybe they didn't end up getting married after all - it looks like things are only going to get worse during the ceremony :LOL
Jaeger
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jaeger »

This pic is too funny! I love Kurt's expression. Makes me think he's praying, "Oh God give me strength...just for a few more minutes...please..." ;)

You put Azazel in! Awesome! Love how you did all the background characters.

Wonderful job. I'm still laughing over it. :)
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

Personally, I had fun with the fact that Kurt's family was even inside the church. What he have to do, hogtie them? I'd doubt they'd go in willingly.

:LOL Great job, nice coloring....

and Ororo help poor Kurt!
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Oh God, not another one... *gnnk* *gsnortch* *mmf* *gasp* BWAAAA-HAHAHAHA! *wheeze, gasp* HAHAHAH! :*D

:*) Damn, woman, you're gonna give me asthma!

I can just imagine the quiet little conversation going on at the altar. I don't think Ororo's sweetly placid pose is anywhere near as innocent as it looks.... :smirk

:hide {thought} Dear God, give me strength.

:storm (whispered) What's the matter, sweetie? Family squabbles?

:urg Liebe, please, not now....

:storm Mystique giving Azazel what for? Or maybe your sister? And who was it that insisted on inviting everyone he ever knew?

:doh! Please don't....

:storm "They'll get along well, liebling. They're grown adults. Surely they can handle themselves for this." Those were your words, remember?

:( (muttered) And you will never let me forget them....

:storm Oh, look, Logan's got his claws out. I wonder who he'll fillet first?

:ooh He's what?

:storm Catholic ceremony or not, we should step this up a bit, darling. I don't think even Charles could calm things down at this point.

:sick I think I'm going to be ill, now....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

I love this picture. Kurt's expression is priceless. It's like he wishes the floor would split and swallow him up. Either that or someone would throw him into his brother.
You notice something different about it each time you look, I didn't notice the trousers the first three times. It's so bright and viberant you just don't know where to look.

Maelstrom's comments are great. As if I wasn't laughing hard enough already.

Congrats on your engagement. I hope you're both very happy together.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Kurt's expression is priceless. It's like he wishes the floor would split and swallow him up. Either that or someone would throw him into his brother.
ROTFL! Seriously, I am! :LOL Gawds, we're weird, aren't we! And thanks again for all the great comments!

edit: And about getting Kurt's family into the church in the first place... As I recall, Azzy and Mystique didn't have too much trouble before :naughty Good thing they did, or we wouldn't have our little Nighty!
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
I also like the nod to movie Kurt (striped pants), but it seems he has no fashion sense even at his own wedding.
Could be wrong, but isn't he just wearing striped pants w/a morning suit? Not such a fashion faux pas. I still just love looking at him, the poor guy, he's probably wishing they'd just eloped by now and passed on the whole being married in the eyes of the Church thing.
I'd like to see what happens if someone takes it into their head to douse Azzy w/some holy water.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Sweet! I love how Kurt has this "Why me?" look on his face! :*D

But...

Forgive me for being an all-American idiot, but what's going on in there? For a minute, I had a feeling that Mystique or Azzy ((who's in the pic!! SQUEE!!!)) were saying, "I OBJECT!" or something...

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

Nah, we're not weird ... well, :cracked maybe we are, but in the nicest possible way.

And if being cracked means that you draw cute scenes like that then who wants to be normal?

Oooooo - I agree with TKD - someone should dunk Azzy.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

This is amazing! Azzy's face is so funny :D
thanks for showing us!
zwei
Lubber
Lubber

Post by zwei »

I think it would've been cool to have his whole CIRCUS family in the picture. Y'know, doing what they do best...

But i LOVE this picture. It's so funny, and Maelstrom's dialogue is perfect! :*D
www.livejournal.com/users/lytharts

"If I led a normal life I'd quite cheerfully go mad and fall over now." - Nightcrawler

The tail is connected to the base of the spine ... It DOES NOT grow out of the @**!" - Dave Cockrum
bepalin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by bepalin »

Ach, that is just too cute. And poor kurt, his families so very warped. GREAT job though, this goes on my list of 'pics that cause instant laughter' :D
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

It's GONE! Waaaa. The angelfire msg says it violated their terms of service. I hope it's safely over at T&B.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

It is indeed, TKD -- just posted on Saturday! Phew. I wonder what Angelfire's beef is?
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Oops! My fault guys, sorry. Just doin' a little website moving and didn't think anyone would notice since this thread was so far down. I fixed the link in the first post.
whitewolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by whitewolf »

Glory be... !!!
Amazing drawing, wish i could do work like that. Congrats on your engagement, just pray that you don't see this scene.:LOL
I didn't even realize Azzy was in there at first, but the whole bit looks like something i'd end up dealing with:kiss
Congrats again
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

*snickers* The first time I saw that, I thought Logan was conducting some orchestra until I paid attention. You know, the guys who stand with their back to the audience, perfect hair, no neck, formal suit? :LOL

I love it though. Rogue thinks something is funny, Jimaine is upset, and Jean has that blissful look that's she's next in line to get married. Kurt looks so spiffy in his tux. WITH STRIPEY PANTS!!! *coughs* excuse me, but I love how you worked those in :blush
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)