Some painted Nightys

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Some painted Nightys

Post by bluefooted »

A few little bits of artwork. First, I corrected (sort of) and finished the sketch that I originally posted in the critique section - Thanks for the comments, guys! It looked much better before I colored it - sigh :( I used watered-down acrylics plus some touching up in photo editor. Eh, it's okay - here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoot/images/down2.jpg

Had this hanging around so I thought I'd post it - might take a bit to load since they're large. Little explanation: I mostly paint in oils (trying) to use an impressionist style. It's really hard for me to keep all my brush strokes loose and 'impressionistic' so I do these little excercises where I just randomly paint a bunch of objects together and try to use the same style for all of them. Anyhoo, this one has Nighty in it (and my dog! :LOL). He's sort of sitting off by himself in the Gypsy/circus camp. Big painting so I couldn't fit it all on my scanner - no digital camera :cry Anyhoo, to make a long story short (Too Late!) here's the area containing Kurt:

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoot/ ... paint1.jpg

and a close-up of Kurt (I didn't mean to make him look so sad!):

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoot/ ... edkurt.jpg
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Some painted Nightys

Post by Siona »

Sorry, luv, but only the last link is workin'. But I like it alot, very nice! Movieverse?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Some painted Nightys

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks! I'm such a web idiot :LOL they're fixed now! Yeah, I think he's supposed to be movieverse, or maybe a combination of a bunch of different Nightys.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Some painted Nightys

Post by SheCat »

All the links work for me! These are awesome! I like the oil Nighty a lot, especially the entire style of it. I paint in water color, but I know a little about oils, and it isn't easy! Kudos to bluefooted! Nice work!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Some painted Nightys

Post by Siona »

WHOO! The first is so emotional, it reminds me of that scene from the Disney version of Tarzan! *cuddles Kurt to make him feel better*

Confused on the second...is that the other circus folks, or are they burning his house down? Either way, he looks sad in this one too.

So sad, but in a beautiful, elegant way!! :bawl

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Some painted Nightys

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Siona

Confused on the second...is that the other circus folks, or are they burning his house down? Either way, he looks sad in this one too.

~Siona
I think they're sitting around a campfire, and he's on the outside being moody. I quess he doesn't feel like joining them, or doesn't feel welcome.

I really like these, bluefooted. You have managed to convey a lot of emotion without a treacle aftertast. You are very talented.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Some painted Nightys

Post by Gaz »

Once again, you amaze me, Bluefooted! Keep up the good work! :browse
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Some painted Nightys

Post by Salinea »

I love your use of color, especially in the oil painting. It's like you could turn up the sound on the painting and instantly feel like you were there in the other chair, hearing some music in the background, chatter, and other night sounds. They're both very good.:D
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Some painted Nightys

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Bluefoot, you sound like you don't like the first one, but I do. It is very contemplative.

You wonder how often he might stoop to look at his own reflection and ask God why?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
bepalin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Some painted Nightys

Post by bepalin »

oooo! very nice! They're very well done, I think your well on your way to getting the impressionist thing down pat, your lines look pretty fluid to me. In any case, good job! hope to see more! :D
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Some painted Nightys

Post by Beboots »

I don't really have anything to say that the ones before me haven't said already, but... Good job Bluefooted! :D Very meaningfull... I almost cried when I saw the second one... :
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.