Couple o' illustrations...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Did a couple pics for Maelstrom's really cool post-X2 action story 'Corruption' - you should check it out on T&B (I also saw it somewhere else, not sure where though). It's one of my fav's :read
Hope you like, and thanks, Maelstrom, for letting me do these!

Poor Nighty :cold

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoot/images/corr2.jpg

Nighty kicks some monster booty

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bluefoot/images/corr4.jpg
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

:surprise WOW...very very good. I really like the first. Poor guy. Can you draw some more for us to see? These are wonderful. :bow
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Neon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Neon »

Nice! Are these sketches, or computer drawn? They look great, whichever it is!

And I've gotta agree about the first one... :cry someone save him! He's gonna get frostbite!
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything."
~ Bill Lyon

I love the Oekaki Board
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Ho-lee-crap! I'm at work, so I haven't checked my e-mail today... but I hope that there's a message there indicating these amazing pics are to be added to Maelstrom's story? :naughty

Really wonderful, bluefooted. It's remarkable how you leap from "charming" to "creepy" with equal skill.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

O_o those are amazing!! you are very talented.
i'm speachless hehe
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

oooo...more nice art by bluefooted. The drawing of Kurt and the monster is great!! You're amazing bf. Great talent! Love your work. I just may call upon you soon :)
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks guys! They're a little different than what I've done before - charcoal - fun stuff. Glad you liked 'em :blush

MWP - I'd be happy to have them on your site, if Maelstrom agrees, of course! Thought they might not be Kuroro-y enough.

And I think my family would agree with you that I can go from charming :kiss to creepy :cracked in no time flat! :LOL
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by bluefooted
MWP - I'd be happy to have them on your site, if Maelstrom agrees, of course! Thought they might not be Kuroro-y enough.
Only the images on the KuRoro page need to feature Kurt and Ro together; story illustrations need do only that -- illustrate the story. I'll seek Maelstrom's okay, which I'm certain she'll give. Thanks!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
Only the images on the KuRoro page need to feature Kurt and Ro together; story illustrations need do only that -- illustrate the story. I'll seek Maelstrom's okay, which I'm certain she'll give. Thanks!
Durn straight, they're okay! In fact, far as I'm concerned, they blow "okay" right outta the water! The dark charcoal tones are as perfect for Corruption as anything I could ever dream of.

It's a real honor to have my stuff be the basis for something of this calibur. :bow
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Neon
Nice! Are these sketches, or computer drawn? They look great, whichever it is!

And I've gotta agree about the first one... :cry someone save him! He's gonna get frostbite!
:evil Actually, he gets something a lot worse than that.... Something about severe hypothermia and cardiac arrest....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

HOLY CRAP! this kinda reminds me of the vampire the masquerade book illustrations. Seriously though, i usually keep a reserved silence about artwork but this really is very good.
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW...:die These are too DIE for (note the smilie. ;))

Did you do them by hand? And if so, it looks like you did it with charcoal...true?

I love the way you included ALL of the tattoos, not just a random spraying of them across the face, arms, etcetera.

That, and keeping him shirtless in both shots was a plus. :D

Siona says: If I had more than two thumbs, I'd give you five :thumbups. But I don't, so I am forced to give you two :thumbups, and my two big toes as high as they go.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Truly awesome artwork Bluefooted.
I saw your entry in introduce yourself and I am amazed that you are not a professional artist.
And the range, from cartooning to the charcoals, impressive.

Take a well deserved bow!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

...Woah, these are nice! :lick Good job, Bluefooted! I particularilly like the first one....With his feet still bound. :D ...And in the second one, you actually have Ororo, I noticed... sorta to the left, with all the lightning?

...Okay, I've gotta go re-read Corruption, now... *runs off to T&B*
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Whoa. These are great. My heart goes out to the first one. Poor Kurty! Someobe give him a blanket!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Spectacular bluefooted. Talk about range. Hard to believe these are by the same artist as those absolutely adorable cartoons. Just as wonderful in a *completely* different way! Wow. Hope to see lots more...soon. I too am now inspired to re-read "Corruption".
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Holy Cow! those are Incredible! Probably the best black & white pics I've seen yet...anywere! I'd love to see them IN COLOR! :love
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Kazifasari
Holy Cow! those are Incredible! Probably the best black & white pics I've seen yet...anywere! I'd love to see them IN COLOR! :love
*shrugs* Actually, I think it'd be better if they just stayed black and white... It gives the first one a... hopeless feel, you know? It gives the second one a....well... kinda hard to describe... medieval feel? :shame

...But that's just my opinion... :X
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I agree with Beboots; the darkness of the first one kinda has a desolate, forgotten (and almost dead) aura or whatever to it...but the second, I think, might look nice colored.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Hey, thanks again guys - you're making me all embarrassed and stuff :blush

Art is just my hobby - I'm a scientist, dammit :LOL I think if I had to do it professionally it would just become another job and a chore. I like to illustrate stories I've read and enjoyed because it gets old just drawing Nighty over and over again (ducks a flying :sausage). Background and atmosphere are important to me - they make or break the drawing, in my opinion. But I tend to run out of ideas on my own, so I borrow them from others :evil

By the way, Siona, you should thank Maelstrom for keeping Kurt shirtless :naughty
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

By the way, Siona, you should thank Maelstrom for keeping Kurt shirtless :naughty
:blush It was for important plot purposes! Honest! No, really!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...Still, thank you, Maelstrom, for writin' the fic in the first place (and keeping Sir Fluffy shirtless! :die), and thank you, bluefooted, for drawing them!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Bwaaa haaa haaa! :)
The second one kinda looked familiar then it came to me, I drew this other pic some time ago before the site was hacked called The Nightrix and the second pic kinda looks like a mirror image of mine.
anyways, those are very well drawn.
Project Autumn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Project Autumn »

Cannot... find... words...

Everyone's already said it, but I can't help myself. Bluefooted, you continue to amaze. I just... ::sighs:: They're just so incredible! Like Nightcrawler!

*chants, as if to hypnotize* Draw more... draw moooree... ;)
:kiss Member # 6 of the WKNWTSMT (Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth) Club.

:crazed Member # 7 of the ILTSP (I Liked The Stripy Pants) Club.

Then, together, you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated. Author Unknown
:whistle :hang :poke
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Yeah your right about the black and whitness, its just that I'm a huge fan of COLOR!

COLOR! COLOR! COLOR! :love :die :X
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa