Your Friendly Neighborhood... Nightcrawler -- FIC

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Your Friendly Neighborhood... Nightcrawler -- FIC

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

---------------------------------------------------------- :spidey ----------------------------------------------
So here I am, lying on the floor of the bank. Four of the most bone-headed bone heads I have ever had the pleasure of trouncing have actually gotten the one-up on me. ME, the Amazing Spider-Man! Can you believe it?! The ground beneath me is cracked from the force of the impact my body made when it--Oof!

I am going to feel that. In the morning... and until next-next Tuesday. I really hope Rhino is still on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Raft, I won't be in any shape to handle him after this.

Where was I?
Oh yeah, I'm groggy and on the floor of the bank, the alarms aren't helping. The four bone heads are already out the door and it appears they have, for the time-being, temporarily paralyzed me. And thrown me rather hard into the ground.
Four guys calling themselves The New Fearsome Four. They literally came out of nowhere. I have never seen them, I don't think Reed or his family has even tangled with these bozos, and yet for the last week they've been hitting multiple banks and labs. You know, usual super-villain team stuff.
What's different about them is, they're yellow. Not jaundice yellow-- that's gross.

These four cats are literally (yes I said cats, we are moving on)-- bright, glowing, neon yellow. Subjected to some sort of radiation? (Gamma? Banner? Bueller?) Maybe. But for now, they're putting the lives of officers and civilians in danger. They've already sent a member of the law enforcement into intensive care.

And they may have just sent me.

"Zat vas not very graceful." the German voice behind me states. I roll my eyes.
"You appear to be paralyzed, like ze guards. Should I send for help?" I would have blinked at his fuzzy blue face, but I had a mask on.
Had he gotten stupid since returning from the dead?

How the heck did he come back from that anyways? Logan and I had some talks and there was no coming back from that one- Okay wait, you're probably wondering who's talking to me, huh?

That's Nightcrawler. Otherwise known as Nightcrawler. (I think his name is Kurt... Weiner?) A blue, fuzzy, devilish(ly handsom?), ex-X-Man, ex-Munich Circus member, ex-living-person. He has recently come back from the dead and he apparently has forgotten how this whole team-work thing goes down.

"I vill respect ze mask and assume you are currently cursing at me. I shall teleport you to Dr. Richards immediately. I don't care if you don't want zis-"

I do, I really do.

"it is vat is best."

It really is.

"I vill go after ze offenders myself. Ja?"

By yourself? I would have shrugged, but I couldn't. You were an X-Man and you're freshly back from the grave. Hit 'em hard, Elf. Once for you, twice for me.

-------------- :bamf :spidey ------------------------

"You're back?" Johnny asks, confused. "You're back from like... the dead?" If I wasn't paralyzed I would've slapped him on the back of the head. Thankfully, Ben Grimm did it for me. Johnny hit the floor.

"So were you!" Grimm bellows, his voice crunching like rocks.

"Sorta, kinda." Johnny argues, rubbing the back of his head. Kurt waits patiently for the surprise to fade off.

"I was told about your funeral Kurt," Susan says tenderly. "It sounded very sweet. Logan was very upset. Have you seen him yet?"

Kurt's eyes go to the floor and he sighs. "I have not quite got ze courage to return to ze school. Logan is aware of my... return. He vas a critical role in it, in fact."

"That's neither here-nor-there." Reed interjected as he stretches over Sue and Kurt, typing furiously at the computer just over my head.

"Pe-uh, Spider-Man. This is a very temporary state of paralysis, but it is a heavy one. Had it not been for your spider-enhanced DNA..."

I'd be dead. Go OsCorp. I look to Wagner who is trying to smile at me. Good for Reed, trying to keep my identity secret, but if there's any group of people who know it, it would be the X-Men. From Logan's ability to pick up scents, Kurt's intuition (and close friendship with Logan), and Xavier's telepathy ( He doesn't peek into people's minds? My sticky, red-and-blue-ass he doesn't...), I have nothing to fear from my friends in tights. Certainly not the Mutants.

"I must find ze criminals who did zis to him, before zey hurt someone permanently." Wagner's tail flicked (that's it! WAGNER!) and Johnny's eyes lit up. I can practically see the series of pranks rush through his mind. Grimm grumbles behind him and shake his head.

"Do you want help?" Susan asks. Johnny shakes his head this time, from behind Kurt, waving frantically to his sister to indicate not to drag them into this. He mouths the words Moleman.

Recently Moleman had returned and been a headache for everyone from myself and Red Hulk to the First Family of NYC themselves, the Richards family. He was still at large, but Moleman was not exactly my egg to crack. Avengers stuff, big things. Gotta keep it moving.

Krang.

"Sue, I may need your help on this." Reed says to his wife. I'm impressed, Reed rarely asks for help. But his wife is a brilliant doctor of biology, easily the smartest woman I know. "I have mapped out his genetic structure but --"
"You want to get an antidote without getting a sample of his spider DNA?" Sue finishes. "I can separate that. Meanwhile, Ben and Johnny? If Kurt needs anything he's going to contact you on this." She tosses a tiny pin with a "4" on it to Kurt. He catches it easily with his three fingers. (I am of course thoroughly amazed. I will admit to taping my fingers together or sticking two into a single hole in a pair of hand-gloves to see what it's like to be Kurt. Not easy.)

"Yeah, alright." Johnny says. Kurt bows to them salutes me. "I vill avenge you, Mein Freund." With a poof of purple smoke, a rank stench of brimstone, and a loud BAMF! sound, he is gone in a flash.

"Johnny, no flames in the lab for an hour until that gas is gone." Reed says, quickly bottling some of it into a sample. I admit, I have wanted to do it before too. Who doesn't want to know more about Nightcrawler? I mean... who the heck is this guy?

------------------------------------------------------- :tail --------------------------------------------

Who the heck are zese guys? Seriously.

Four glowing badguys, rounding up cash and lab equipment, beating up on Spider-Man, Moonknight, and I hear even beating Tombstone to a pulp just to take some of his assets.

Zese men are reckless and zey are much more powerful then zey appear to be. I of course will proceed with caution.

[[More to come. I know some people complain about the accent, I like it, especially in separating dialogue with multiple characters. Sorry if it bums you out, sorry if you're German and it seems inaccurate. Suggestions on how to improve it are appreciated, but I am keeping it.]]
Last edited by Ult_Sm86 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood... Nightcrawler -- FIC

Post by steyn »

Hee, this is fantastic, nice fic, Bman!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Who the heck are these guys? Seriously.

Four glowing badguys, rounding up cash and lab equipment, beating up on Spider-Man, Moonknight, and I hear even beating Tombstone to a pulp just to take some of his assets.

These men are reckless and they are much more powerful then they appear to be. I of course will proceed with caution.

Waving my good-byes, I teleport my way out of the Baxter Building and back to the location of the crime.

I crouch in the shadows, listening to the police as they talk about four escaped Ravencroft asylum patients. I recognize the name of the asylum, but that's about it. As the police begin finishing up their investigations, I teleport into the evidence truck as it begins to rumble on back towards the station. Inside I (awkwardly, three fingers y'know?) slip on some gloves and try to inspect some of the evidence.

A few long silvery hairs, similar to wolf-hair. I smell it, they reek of mildew.

A patch of Gore-tex... a very unique fabric that is waterproof, flexible, breathable, and essentially perfect material for a super-costume, depending on the ability.

The next piece of evidence stumps me, it appears to be a vine. Thorny and brown, it is dried up but only recently dead. Some red still remains at the tips of the sharp thorns.
"Ooch!", I shout as I nearly prick myself through the bag. Those are sharp.

The final piece of evidence is self explanatory. A torn piece of Spider-Man's costume. I realize that there is blood on it as well. Fearing it may be Peter's, I do not wish anyone to discover his identity so I pocket the bag, chalking up the criminal act to best intentions. I know what can happen when people who are afraid or do not understand find out about someone's abnormal truth. It has cost Peter so much to keep his identity a secret while singlehandedly saving everyone he loves. Those who get to close...
I do not blame the poor fellow for his distance from others out-of-costume.

I teleport out of the van and back to the rooftop I had been on previously.
Time to go to Ravencroft... I think to myself. Find out how these four got these amazing abilities.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*wanders on to site*
*reads*

Hmnh.

Well the dialog and some of the grammar needs a little judicious editing.

But

I think I need to hug you mate, really I do. First :) fic i've read in ages :D

:hug
sungila
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sungila »

This is really great - an Ultimate Comics Team-Up featuring my two favorite, and most regrettably deceased heroes.

I can see Mark Bagley's pencils illuminating this into frames...but really, there's no need.

The dialogue is so vivid and true-to-form...Peter and Kurt talking and thinking and wise-cracking in harmonic joyous revival. Thank you!!!

What you've begun here is something we just never got to have, something we so regrettably never got to experience....Bendis' Peter Parker and a great Ultimate Nightcrawler (that already outshines the Weapon X'd refugee from the defunct Ultimate X-Men).

What a pleasure to read. I'd hug you too, but perhaps a bow and a pat on the back is more appropriate :-)

And some hopeful encouragement to continue this story!!! I mean, it's here and it's superb as is... especially Peter and Kurt's inner monologues...just so good...and in perfect consort with the fine economy of your plot... But if you are ever so moved, i'd love to read more.

Sure, oh yea, about Kurt's German accent...i like what you're trying to do...and it's not bad...it's something that would take a long time to get just right. You got Peter Parker nailed! Kurt isn't as easy, even if you've read all his comics. I do agree that his accent should remain consistent - even if it's just scant - (v's for w's - nein's for no's - etc) and of course... he's got to have his catch phrases MEIN GOTT, ACHT!!! etc. - but most importantly he has to be a gentleman! It's just who he is. A devilish gentleman...but a gentleman none the less. And you've done a great job!

Hooray!!! You did a great thing here! I love it.
Moonrider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Moonrider »

Best fic ever!!! I really love the spidey & nighty friendship. Keep it u :love p!.