Good Evolution fic: Does it exist?

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

eh.. true, but... it's a kids show.. ya know. like I said somewhere else, it was aimed for the young 'uns, even though we're the only ones that get it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

I must be young at heart [Well, *part* of me is permanently 16 ;) ] 'cause I fell in love with Evo :) yet I'm pushing 30.

...and writing smut with a small child in the house. Go fig.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

hmmm

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Well it took three days - but I finished reading "Don't Pity Me"... and... I think I have mixed feelings about the story... I think it's a lot of "That's like... the freakiest premise for a story ever... what the crap" but "It was handled pretty dang well."
I think I enjoyed the story quite a bit more once I saw all the pictures in the art section. Maybe I'm just a visual person :)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Wow, I started quite a thing here with introducing the "Don't Pity Me" example.

Internutter - I've read many of your stories, and enjoyed them. However, that one story just disturbed me beyond words. I really was worried, so it's nice to know you just have a very vivid, dark imagination. On a side note, yay! There's another Scaper here now!!! My hubby LOVES Pilot.

Lone Bamf - I'm glad I changed your mind on Kurt and Kitty. I've seen so many attempts at throwing them together, and they're just NOT logical. I'll have to actually finish that fic soon, so I can see if it lives up to expectations.

On "Kurty" fic and the preponderance of Evo sites: Yeah, I think what turned me off about Evo fandom was the mishmash of stuff on the sites. I know most are run by kids, but WOW. Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon characters do not belong in Evo fic! Major Pet Peeve. Plus, I know Nightkiddo is a kid, BUT, so many people write him as such a whiny, needy, pathetic crybaby that I don't even recognize him as ANY incarnation of Nighty. Yeesh. That's one thing I liked about Internutter's stuff is that he seems more like a young cannon Nighty than Evo Nighty to me.

Another Major Pet Peeve is when Evo-only writers try to write cannon Nighty and totally screw him up. Grrrr.

I dunno, I don't watch much Evo, and I have mixed feelings about all these kids learning this version of the X-Men and NOT knowing at all about the cannon characters. So many of them claim to be X-Men experts, but have never set foot in a comic shop.

God, I sound like a grumpy old dino, don't I? *shakes cane at all the whipper-snappers*
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

eh... I understand your points slarti and agree... I am in no way an expert... I most likely won't consider myself one when I reach fifty... but I guess my print news writing professor succeeded when hammering into my head that we should properly research everything before writing it...
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.