Burning Desire-edited...kinda

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Burning Desire
Part 1 of 2 : You Can’t Save Everything
(Nightcrawlers’ name will be shortened to NC)
Setting- Our heroes are in Scott’s Mustang in a cult sac. Kurt, Bobby and Scott are in the car, with Bobby driving. Bobby has promised Scott a quick drive to the store and back, but on the way back, he decides he wants to go for a Sunday Drive.

“Alright, maybe, you should stop now! You want to stop now! I think you should stop now!” Scott was screaming as Bobby began to peel out on Scott’s mustang GT. Kurt was in the back laughing as they were tossed from one side to another.
“Awe, c’mon, what’s the fun in going slow?” Bobby asked.
“Not slow! Just, not fast!” Scott’s feet were up on the dashboard as his hands were above his face. “I am enjoying this greatly!” said Kurt. “Let’s do a donut! I love donuts!”
“I thought you said we were going for a Sunday drive!” Scott yelled into Bobby’s ear.
“Too bad it ain’t Sunday! Woo hoo!” Bobby shredded another corner and stopped abruptly and Scott was sent forward. “Fun, eh?” Bobby then sped forward again into the coulter sac and began to throw the car into a donut.
Later at the doors of the danger room
“May I assist vous in any way mon ami?” Remy asked. Kurt shrugged.
“Bobby and I were taking Scott out for a drive in his mustang.”
“Ah see, Scott kicked your butt out of his garage again, eh?” Remy snickered. Kitty turned around as the doors opened.
They had recently programmed a new level And Kitty and Remy were going to test it. They were in a large metal room designed to be a prison. There were cells on every side. Robots hologram med as men poured from the cells. The new level was called Jail Break.
“Let’s have some fun mes amis!” Remy jumped into the air and extended his staff. He placed his feet down and landed directly on the Robot. “Ha! More fun den a barrel of monkeys!” He then swat at the back of a robot with his staff. Kitty was close by, phasing through the robots and slamming them with some back flips and upper cuts. Kurt on the other hand was moving so fast; he appeared as a ghost, as if not touching the ground. He teleported onto the top of one of the robots’ head and grabbed hold of it with all six of his fingers and teleported again, bringing the head with him. The wires left sparked and the body fell to the floor. He then front flipped into the next robot and fell to his knees and stuck out one leg. He jumped, punched, kicked, and teleported and soon, through the smoke, all that was left was Kitty, Remy, and Kurt. A few of the sparking metal body pieces were still recognizable. Kitty rolled her eyes.
“What was so hard?” As soon as she said that fifty more poured in from the cells. Kitty gaped at the sight. “We forgot to shut the cells!” Kurt shrugged and teleported to the switch. He pulled the lever and the doors slammed, leaving half of the robots behind the bars, and half in front. Remy and Kitty then dove in and began to chop their way through. Kitty phased through about three, and Remy tossed some energy cards into the crowd of robots and the explosion that followed took out at least 15. Kurt saw the last one, in another corner. The hologram was strange. The face was scarred, it had black hair, and its eyes were two different colors. One was blue, the other was green. Kurt Smiled. He leapt off a wall and unsheathed the sword on his back.. He then landed directly in front of the robot. Remy smiled.
“Au revoir.”
With that, Kurt took one large swing and sliced the head of the robot off. The face still smiling as the clang echoed through out the smoky room.

“Ok, it’s not that big a deal, I mean it’s big, but we don’t need to send the whole team down there.” Scott was in the missions room speaking to the present and available team. “The jist of the situation is this: a man in a totally metallic suit hitting the streets of Boston. He’s somehow got hold of some very powerful weapons; we’re talking S.H.I.E.L.D.ish technology here.” The news was on with live broadcast of the metal suit as it strolled down lower Boston killing the innocent.
The x-men stared at him. They expected a longer briefing from him. Remy was sitting next to Rogue, who was next to Kitty. In the corner in the shadows was Logan and Kurt crouched by his side. Hank was standing next to Scott and Jean was sitting next to him. Bobby walked in with the professor and leaned against a wall, opposite of Kurt and Logan. “Alright I’ll take you Logan, and Kurt. For women’s sake, I’ll bring Kitty. Jean, you can sit this one out with the others. Hank your in charge ‘til I get back, anything happens, deal with it.” The appointed group walked out (Kitty through the wall) and into the Black Bird.
The jet screamed as it soared towards Boston. The X-men sat in their seats, expecting more of a sit back and wait for a brief fight. They were dreadfully wrong. Lower Boston was in flames, and at the heart of it was a giant metal suit, laughing as it burned innocent people, children, women, grandmas, grandpa’, mothers, fathers. They were disgusted.
“What kind of monster could do this?” Logan grumbled. He extended his claws and flashed his toothy frown his teeth.
They landed the jet near the metal man and walked out, suited up and ready to rock.
“I only vish I could’ve brought mien swords!” Kurt said. Wolverine was first to reach the man.
“I’ll kill you so fast, your gonna wish you never stuffed yourself in that tin can!” He extended his second set of claws. “ Where’s the tap to open it?” He took a swing at the metal suit, but the man blocked it.
“Do you really think you can do that, Wolverine? Yes, Wolverine, I know you. Or maybe I should call you Weapon X? Aha! You see, I was one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s recent experiments. I let myself get dragged into this suit! I was a captive, and I escaped! I had to escape, my family. I’d been gone for so long… I found this suit… I pummeled, slaughtered many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and I came to my home a month later, my wife, my wife… dead!” The metal voice screamed the last word. “I saw her dead, and now the world will pay!”
Wolverine smiled. “Well isn’t this the classic villain’s tale?” The metal man yelled at full volume and punched Wolverine. The hit was so hard Wolverine was sent backwards into the group, 10 feet away from the man.
“Call me Drone!” the man said. He leapt forward onto wolverine, and began to punch him rapidly. He wailed on wolverine, the clangs from the bones meeting the metal fist. “Dieeee WOLVERINE!!” Drone stood up and looked down at the bloodied Wolverine. The others stared in awe.
“Oh, he’s gonna pay for ‘dat!?” Nightcrawler said. They all ran forward. NC reached first. He teleported to Drone’s side. The large metal body turned to him.
“An elf? That teleports? God has truly shown his sense of humor!” He pulled the gun from the side of his arm. “And you’re furry!” Drone shot at NC, but seconds too late, NC had already teleported out of the way, and on to his back. “Oh, you sneaky son of a bitch!” Drone let loose a wave of electricity through the outer layer of the suit. NC was shocked with such power he was flung back into the wall and started to smoke. Cyclops leapt forward and unleashed a beam from his eyes so hard it pushed Drone backwards and to the ground. “AH! You must be the one they called Cyclops. Drone picked up his gun. He shot at Cyclops’ feet. “Dance!” Cyclops dove and rolled out of the way. Shadowcat dashed to his side. “Cyclops, you okay?”
“Yeah. I’ll distract him, you go get NC!” Kitty nodded and waited for Cyclops’ attack. Cyclops stood up and walked toward Drone. “You know, I feel your pain. I lost people once. I lost family, too much family.” Kitty smiled when her back was turned away from Drone. What crap, she thought.
“I know how you feel Drone.” Scott said confidentially. Drone laughed.
“No one knows my pain!” he fired a shot at Cyclops. This time the shot hit him in the chest. It burned through his shirt and left him sprawled on the ground. Drone then picked up a near by car and aimed towards Cyclops.
“Noooo!” Shadowcat shrieked. She got up and ran towards Drone. Her intention was to phase through him, hopefully malfunctioning the suit in doing so, but Drone fired a beam from a mini gun attached to his wrist. Shadowcat was hit in the arm and a panicked high pitched scream woke NC up. He looked around. Wolverine was still lying on the ground groaning and Shadowcat was now huddled in shock. Cyclops was sharing in Wolverine’s groans. Drone then turned back to Cyclops.
“Well, I guess I’ll just have to kill you like this if your not gonna give me much of a fight!” Drone was about to throw the car into Cyclops when NC teleported to Drone’s feet. NC smiled and punched Drone directly in the Armored face. The hit was hard enough to make Drone trip backwards and drop the car. Drone’s mechanical eyes focused on the fuzzy German elf and laughed. “Quite the punch for a scrawny un-armored thing like you!” NC frowned.
“If you really want to kill us, why don’t you try to kill me first. I’m willing to bet you can’t even catch me!” NC then turned his frown to a grin and teleported to the balcony on the building behind him. “Come and catch me big boy!”
Drone laughed as he raised his right arm He pushed a button on it and a set of mini-homing missile came from each side of his arm. He pushed the button again and the missiles rocketed off towards NC. Nightcrawler tried to teleport away, but they followed the heat left when he appeared on the next two stories up. They began to come toward him and he teleported again. The missiles turned direction and went to the next building towards the second window, and sure enough, there was C, still smoking. “ VAS- -What are these things!” he teleported to the ground this time.
“They are my highly advanced heat seeking missiles. They’ll find a lit match in Alaska if I tell ‘em to. Now please, stop fighting it and just die!”
But, NC would not give up! He then teleported on top of Drone’s head. Drone began to release the volts of electricity again, but NC held on, waiting for the missile. One he saw it coming to him, he teleported back to the balcony he was on before and watched as the missile exploded on the suit and slammed Drone backwards and into a wall. His armor was burned and dented. The electromagnetic volts on the outer layer of the metal body were gone and his infrared vision was decreased to night vision. The suit had taken quite a bit of damage.
“Damn you! I will settle this now!” Drone jumped forward and jets in his boots blasted him towards the balcony. He began to fie beams from both his gun and the mini-gun attached to his arm. Nightcrawler flipped and jumped out of the way of every shot. He eventually was hit and fell through the glass door to the balcony. He was cut now but didn’t care. Drone landed on the balcony. “Did I tell you about my flame thrower yet? O yes, it’s quite amazing. I attached it myself. In fact, I built this all. See, I built this armor for S.H.I.E.L.D., I was a technician there! An inventor. But I wouldn’t let them have it, no, too dangerous. But they insisted. They locked me up, and I escaped. I knew the place like I knew my house. I got into the armor and went back home, but I was too late. I was too damn late!” Drone then pointed the psalm of his armored hand and NC could make out a tiny hole. He then noticed the tubes running to the arms on Drone, similar to Pyros’. It was pumping gasoline. NC jumped out of the way as fire burst from the hole. He needed to get to the where the gasoline was coming from. He saw a built in pack on Drone’s back and decided that must be it. He leapt forward and landed on Drone’s back. Drone screamed and began to release flames all over the room. Drone was in a blind rage and he released a missile from his arm into the floor. The explosion sent both NC and Drone backwards and on the bed. A hole was now in the floor, in fact, there was a hole in al five floors. Drone got up before NC and began to punch him. He then picked NC up by the nick and pointed his gun to his head.
“Well, it was fun, but I caught you!” He cackled but was cut short by a low growl, and then a yell, a deep familiar yell to NC. The blood from his face blocked his vision, but he could here slices of metal against metal and screams. And lay there, trying to get into full consciousness. And then he heard a cry that he would never forget. The yell of a tiny child.
“AAhhiee! I’m falling!” NC got up and wiped the blood from his eyes. He saw a little girl, clinging to the floor. She had fallen through the hole. NC was about to step forward to get her but Wolverine was tossed into him. Drone stepped up to the hole in the floor. He now had cuts, slices in his suit, through some he was bleeding. You could see into some of the cuts his skin color. Drone was white, and muscular. He bent over and looked at the little girl. He then reached to his built in belt and took out a grenade. He laughed, pulled the ring, and dropped it down the hole. NC cried out no and teleported on top of him and began to wail on him. He jumped off and backwards. With his feet he pushed Drone through the glass doors again. He landed a foot away from the hole. The grenade exploded as he looked down towards the girl. The blast sent hot air up through the hole. The building shook and the girl let go. NC reached down and grabbed her with all three of his fingers.
“Don’t worry! I got you! Mien arms are strong and I won’t let go.” He was about to pull her up when Drone came forward. He stepped on NC’s back.
“You will not stop me! I will kill you!” He pressed harder, and then bent over and began to pound his fist into Nightcrawlers head. The girl screamed for him to stop, but Drone could not hear. The bottom two floors were engulfed in flames, the room was in flames. The smoke was choking NC; the blood was seeping down into his eyes. The pain was unbearable. Drone’s laughter was loud and confident NC tried to hold on, but the pain. She began to slip. She fell down all five floors. She fell until she was no longer visible, covered in the flames. Her teddy was still in the doorway to the room. NC yelled in rage.
“NNIEEEENNN!!”
He tried to get up, but was hit again. He tried again and again to stand, but he kept getting hit down. Finally, through the blood he could make out a familiar shape in the doorway. A large red beam came from the shape and sliced into Drone’s armor. Drone rolled over and Nc stood up. He looked down the hole and began to cry. He looked over at Drone, and the last tear fell. He now was filed with anger and sorrow. NC jumped onto Drone and tore the helmet off. He stopped and cringed. It was the face from the training. The scars, the smile, the green and blue eye NC began to scream and punched the face. He punched it again. He began to just hit it in distress. He picked up the head by the collar of the shirt under the armor and spit in his face as he talked.
“You are a vile monster! And you should not be alive! Be happy that I’m going to let you live, but be terrified of the day you try to escape. I will be there to knock your face back in!” he let go of the shirt and turned to Cyclops. “I want to go home.”

To be continued in, Burning Desire
Part 2 of 2: Rematch, Winner Takes All

Burning Desire
Part 2 of 2 (possibly 3, but not at this rate)
Rematch, Winner Takes All

“I believe” said the doctor. “That Mr. Portnoy here is definitely not allowed outside for a very long time. We’ll have to keep the shock therapy going. I’d expect a trial, but he’ll come up clean, the psychotics always do.” The doctor looked from the body of Mike Portnoy to Cyclops. “He’s been in our facilities ever since we found him sleeping in front of his house which was in flames. He’s apparently a very disturbed man. He was always looking for approval from his family about his inventions. This suit apparently was his last one before he lit his house on fire with his family inside. He claims he got back too late, that he was with some people called S.H.I.E.L.D., which is absolutely ridiculous. He kept trying to explain this facility in the sky, and a man named Nick Fury, but, he’s only seeing pure illusions. He sees everyone as an enemy.” Cyclops nodded.
“How did he get his armored suit back?” he asked.
“Well,” said the doctor.” he was being taken outside yesterday when he escaped. HE went to the files and found where his suit was being stored. He hacked through all the programs and places e-mailed a virus to the facility without us even knowing. We caught him, but not in time. The virus set the security camera’s off for fifteen minutes. He escaped and we lost track of him until now.” Cyclops nodded again and said thank you. He then walked into an alley way, and waited for Nightcrawler. Nc appeared with a bamf and tried to smile.
“At least she’s with the rest of her family now. I just found out her parent were also part of the 23 killed.” Cyclops smiled warmly.
“Well, she’s out of this hell hole at least!” Nc walked up to Cyclops, held his wrist and teleported leaving the scent of brimstone fresh.

Three years later. Mike Portnoy, a.k.a. Drone, is still in the Psychiatric facility. Nightcrawler has never forgotten the poor girl whose name was Haley Rivers. He asked God many a time why, but he knows he will never receive an answer until the day he dies. Hopefully, that isn’t soon. He hopes to make it so on one will ever have to ask why again.

Kurt sat on his bead, listening to the CD Bobby had burned for him. Bobby said he would enjoy it, but Kurt had his doubts. He listened to it quietly and realized he was not listening to Led Zepplin, as Bobby had told him. No, alas, it was the band Bobby enjoyed listening to when he was driving Scott’s Mustang. No, it was Green Day. Oh well, Nightcrawler thought, it’s good to have a a wide variety of genres on your shelf. He took it out and placed the CD on the shelf with the other three, Beethoven, Led Zepplin, and Eric Clapton. Beethoven was the only CD that wasn’t burned via Bobby. Nightcrawler looked out his window to see students playing catch. He could see Paige and some other students her age talking under a tree. His thoughts went back to the girl, that day three years ago. She was so young. Maybe she was a mutant? No, he thought, no, that wasn’t likely. But if she was, she could be here, he could be helping her. They could be friends! O how he wished he had never let go. He could’ve teleported to her. He would’ve caught her. Why did Drone have to hit him! Why did drone have to kill Haley. Nightcrawler closed his eyes.
“The reports have come in that one of the patients to thei facility has escaped. His name is Michael Portny. He has already been convivted for many things including mass murder, murder in the-“ Bobby turned the tv off as soon as Kurt came in the room.
“It’s not Led Zepplin.” Kurt said and sat himself in a chair near Bobby. He stared at Bobby and then at the television. “Why’d you turn it off?” Bobby shrugged.
“Not anything exciting. Hey, you want to go with me to the library. I need to bring this book back. Bobby looked around. He then looked under the cushion. He pulled a copy of Mark Twain’s Adventure’s of Huckle Berry Finn. It was actually Kitty’s, but she hadn’t seen it in a week. Bobby remembered looking for some gum and finding it there a week ago. (He found his week old gum too.) Kurt looked puzzled, but ignored it.
“Ja, why not?” They walked over to the garage. Bobby was about to get into the Mustang when Scott came in.
“Hey!” Scott yelled to them. “No! No mustang, get your own car Bobby.” Bobby looked at his car, it was a two door rusted old Gremlin.
“That thing, you expect me to get that piece of junk!” Scott sighed. I got that for you after I had to get my car fixed. Remember?” Bobby remembered that and hopped out. Kurt also jumped out and set his watch/hologram to make him look like a human.
“I’ll take you to the library.” He said. Scott gawked.
“The library? Bobby, you are going to the library?” Bobby nodded.
“Get in, I’m taking you. What book do you want?” Bobby shook his head and Kurt smiled.
Scott turned on the radio in the car. It was some horrible station that Jean had set it to. He flipped the switch around.
“let’s find us some news huh?” he said. Bobby’s eyes widened and he slapped Scott’s hands away, but too late.
“Somehow, Michael Portny has once again escaped. We at News channel 6 decided to get in on why, and found his cell. There were threats carved in most of the walls. Many of them said either S.H.I.E.L.D. will pay or die Blue German. He was obviously delusional.”
Scott slowed down. He and Bobby sat silently, waiting for a reply from Kurt. Kurt sat in the back, his hologram off.
“Go to the suit, now Scott.”
“You know we can’t, they’ll get him this-“ Scott was cut off by Nightcrawler’s scream.
“Haley Rivers, Scott! HALEY RIVERS died because of him, and I couldn’t do anything!” With a quick bamf, Nightcrawler was gone. Scott stopped the car with a screech. He turned to Bobby.
“I don’t why I am letting you do this, but go get Logan and some of the others. Take the car. Drop me off at the psychiatric facility where Portny was first.” Scott let Bobby take the wheel and once Scott had gotten in his seat, Bobby started the engine.
“Sunday drive!” Bobby yelled.

Nightcrawler appeared with a puff of purple smoke and looked around. He was on top of the facility. He decided to have a look inside. He leaned down off the side and looked into he window. He saw an old man sitting on a chair in a what appeared to be a lounge room. There were two steel doors with an exit sign above them. Two burly guards stood there at each side of the door. Their arms were crossed and they had their eyes closed. Now, thought Nightcrawler, now is when I must go in. He teleported in front of the two men and smiled.
“I’m sorry!” Nc said. With a punch he knocked out one of the guards. The other one looked at the other in shock and fainted to the floor. Nightcrawler sighed. HE turned to the old man.
“Why hello there my boy” the man said. “You’re not exactly what I expected, I was thinking more of an angel, but hey, you’re blue! Now, when do I get to meet God?” Nightcrawler walked over to him.
“I’m not here to take you away, I’m sorry. Please, have you seen a man with a scarred face, black hair, one green eye, one blue?” he hated to say the next part, but he knew the man was senile, possibly psychotic, so it wouldn’t be affecting the man’s intelligence. “God would be pleased if you told me where he is. The man did a very bad thing.”
The old man’s eyes lit up.
“I always new he’d want me for something! Yeah, he slipped down the laundry chute this morning, told me if I told anyone, God wouldn’t be very happy, but I could tell he was lying, he wouldn’t know an God if he walked into him.” Nightcrawler shook his head, but smiled anyways.
“Thank you, God and I much appreciate this!” With that he disappeared in, what was to the old man, a cloud of holy purple smoke.

“What do you mean he’s gone?” Scott persisted. The doctor looked at him. “Am I that stupid to you? He’s tried many times to escape. He is very clever, as if he’s been trained. Sometimes I find myself questioning his S.H.I.E.L.D. story and saying maybe it is real.” His eyes started to look outside, as if questioning the stars themselves. “Anyways!” he continued “I’ve got a patient I need to tend to! He’s a very Godly man, sadly, he’s known for violence if someone questions his beliefs. There were two guards knocked out in his room, neither are awake yet. The man claimed he saw a blue devil, yet it was on God’s side, or something a long those lines. You know how it is around here. Look, talk to the po-“
“What did he see?” Scott interrupted.
“A, a blue devil…thing… why my boy?”
“Let me talk to him!” Scott demanded.
“Why, God no! You do not have the license to ask him anything about what he sees. That’s for me and me only! Why would you care? Are you feeling ok?” The doctor took out a notepad and pen from his pockets. “Have you been stressed out lately, tired?” Scott looked at him.
“You have no idea.”
“So, then the big blue furry monster, must’ve been, what, 6” 7’ Larry?”
“Aw, yeah, More than that! He was horrible!
Larry and Greg sat there telling everyone else on break their story. There were bits of sarcasm through the crowd, and most got up to leave.
“I don’t know Greg, you sure you guys didn’t get near any gases or anything? I mean, maybe you guys and Old Man Ferdy had some similar hallucinations!”
“No, no hallucination, look, right here, see the bruise?”
“Ah, Ferdy probably got freaked out and started swinging, you know how he is.”
Scott hid behind the wall and listened to the conversation. He suddenly realized that if Nightcrawler had been here, he’d probably be looking for Potrny’s room. Scott quickly dashed to the nearest janitor listening in on the story.
“Hi, I’m Scott… Portny, Mike’s cousin. I’m looking for his room, I need to talk to some of the police.” The Janitor stared for a minute, then said,
“Okay, go to room B-14, that’s his room, there maybe some police, you can probably just scooch right in there and talk to ‘em, if your related.” Scott nodded and started down the hall. He found room B-14 and started to go towards it, but a cop stepped in front of him.
“Excuse me young man, where exactly are you going?” Scott was about to say something, but he noticed some pink smoke slowly fading at the window in the hall. Scott looked back at the old cop. “Just got a little lost I guess. I’m supposed to be upstairs if you don’t mind.” Scott slipped past the cop and ran through the double doors that went downstairs. The police man brought his walkie-talkie to his mouth.
“John, yeah, there’s a suspicious man now leaving the premises, I’m kinda worried about him, looks like he might be a patient or suspect. He’s got brown hair, and sunglasses. Big reddish ones. If he tries to run, get the tranquilizer. I don’t wanna shoot a patient. “
Scott started towards the bus stop when some police officers came up to him.
“Can I help you?” Scott said, wondering why there were four police men around him, and one by the car with a rifle aimed at his neck.
“Yeah, we were wondering, exactly why you told our chief you were going upstairs, and you came downstairs.” Scott’s eyebrows raised. Damn it, he thought to himself, I should’ve been paying more attention.
“Well, you see, I’m Mikes cousin-“ The Police man stared hard at him.
“Portny has no cousins, at least no male ones. His cousin Betty was here earlier. Who are you.”
The bus pulled up to the stop and the doors opened. Scott started to walk onto the steps.
“I gotta go, I’ll drop by-“. Scott slumped down with a groan as the tranquilizer dart buried into his neck.

“So, where are we going now bub?” Wolverine asked Iceman as they sped down the freeway. In the passenger seat was Wolverine, in the back of the car were Shadowcat, and Jean Grey.
“Scott told me to meet him at the Psyc. Ward. Apparently he wanted to get a head start on finding Kurt before he gets into too much trouble.”
“If I know Kurt, he’ll be careful.” Said Jean.
“Then you don’t know Kurt.” Said Wolverine. “He’s pissed, and has every right ta’ be. I fought that walking trash reciprocal that day an’ he was not nice.”
“When are they?” Iceman commented. “This guy must’ve been mad though. Kurt was in a fit when he ported off. I was afraid he was going to take the whole dang car with him.”
“Maybe I can try to locate him. The professor said he’d try his hand at it but he and Hank have been trying to work on the Danger room, I wonder if he has the time.” Jean closed her eyes and began to concentrate on finding Kurt.
“OW!” Jean grabbed her head and flung back in her seat. Iceman brought the car to a screech. They all looked at her. “I can feel the pain and the anger. I’ve never seen him like this. The pressure from the church, the girl, Drone escaping, God, he is upset going to do something horrible if he finds him.”
“Then let’s get going bub, c’mon!” Wolverine hollered at Iceman.

Nightcrawler hid in the shadows and watched as Mike Portny dashed down the sidewalk and avoided the street lights. Nightcrawler waited. He waited for the chance, the chance to pounce, the chance to bring all the suffering to an end, the chance to make one wrong right. He saw Mike turn into a dark alleyway near a tall apartment building. He teleported over to the top of a dumpster then waited for the cautious Portny to start to go for the door. Portny took a key from his pocket and was about to but it to the door when he heard a BAMF! Portny dropped the key and spun around. He whipped out a hand gun and shot at the yellow eyes in the purple smoke staring at him, but he could see the shadow. The shape avoided the bullet.
“Don’t try to shoot me, it will only me madder. We are clear, ja?” Nightcrawler stepped into the light. Portny gasped and then winced.
“Leave me alone!” he fired another round at Nightcrawler only to watch as he avoided every bullet with a simple flip or hop. Nightcrawler then jumped back on top of the dumpster. “How the-“
“I’m very agile; now, you are in very big trouble.” Nightcrawler ported in front of Portny.
“DEMON!” Portny yelled. With that he punched Nightcrawler square in the face. Nightcrawler stumbled. This gave Portny just enough time to leap up to the fire escape and climb up. He began to hustle up the steps, loading his gun with much anxiety. At the top he began to wheeze. He felll to his knees and crawled to the edge of the building. He started to get up when Nightcrawler lepta on top of him, pinning him to the roof. Nightcrawler back flipped off of Portny’s body and lifted him up. With one single upper cut he sent Portny back wards and over the side of the building.
“Nooooo11” Portny yelled. Nightcrawler reached out and grabbed him by the wrist. All of a sudden it was de ja vous.* Nightcrawler started to watch the scenes in his mind. HE held on to her. He had held on so tight. It was his fault. He could’ve teleported down and gotten her. HE wouldn’t have been too burned too badly. He screamed in anger at Portny. He looked down. This man deserved death, but was he the one to bring it. Was he the one to do God’s work. Should he let one more person slip though his fingers. For one last fleeting second he and Portny found themselves praying. Nightcrawler said his out loud.
“If there is a God, give me strength to do the right thing. Show me the sign and give me the strength.”
Nightcrawler heard footsteps. He growled as he jolted his head back.
“Hey bub.” Wolverine grinned. He had his hands in his pockets. “I know you want to. I do too. Hell I’d do it for you, but then whose the bad guy? This guy needs to be dead, and he’ll get it, but… your not you Elf. This is not the fuzzball everyone knows. SO just bring him up, and let’s go home.” Nightcrawler tried to smile. He lifted up the man and grabbed him by his shirt.
“Don’t ever make me have to do this again!” he then threw Portny to the ground. As the two friends began to go down the fire escape Jean screamed. “He’s going for the gun!” Wolverine released his claws but it was too late, the bullet sent off. To everyone’s surprise though, it didn’t hit Wolverine or Nightcrawler. It instead went through Portny’s skull and his body dropped down to the sidewalk.
“Mien Gott!” NIghtcrawler exclaimed.
“Yeah, mine gott.” Wolverine grumbled. They slid down the escape and joined Jean.
“Sorry Kurt, but we can’t go home yet. Bobby and Kitty are dealing with Soctt, we have to go make sure they get through. You up for some infiltration?” Nightcrawler smiled.
‘Why not…” he then looked at the body of Mike Portny. “Just as long as I can get some cookies later.”

The trio ran out of the car and through the parking lot. Nightcrawler teleported to the entrance and then used his hologram watch to disguise himself as a human. Once they were together they walked through the sliding doors and up to the desk. They had decided before that Kitty would slip though and try to get some information w=on where Scott was. He had been knocked out when Jean had located him. If he was near, Bobby would distract and Kitty would get Scott out. Wolverine and Jean were to come later and make sure everything was, well, cool.
“I’m sorry” said the security guard, “visiting hours were over like, two hours ago.” The fat security guard stared at them. Jean had expected this and said;
“Alright, we’ll come back later sorry to bother you.” As they turned around she used her telepathic ability to brake the glass and send the fire alarm off. Wolverine smiled. The guard dropped his sandwich with a shriek and grabbed his walkie-talkie.
“Dean, what’s goin’ on!?” he screamed into the microphone. He turned around and Kurt teleported. The guard turned around to tell the three to evacuate but stopped to see two. He then sniffed the air.
“You smell smoke too?” he asked them. Logan looked at Jean.
“You might want to get everyone out fast!” The walkie-talkie said. The blaring of the alarm had already frightened half the patients (and police) out of the building.
“Alright, go!” The guard shooed them away.
Meanwhile Nightcrawler had discovered Kitty.
“Yeah he’s fine. They had him in a car, and they’d taken his glasses off. Luckily I was able to “convince” one of the guards to let me look at him. By the way, he was cute”
“Ok Kitty, that’s wonderful, now Scott, where is he?” Kurt was standing outside the door and Kitty’s head was though the wall. She stepped out at this.
“He’s fine. I slipped through the car door, got the glasses, made sure the car wasn’t about to work. Bobby made it so there is no such thing as anti-freeze, the car got towed, and in the midst of it all, I got Scott. He’s waiting at a McDonald’s about a block down.” Kurt stared at her.
“Ok.” He smiled. “Go tell the others I’ll be with them soon, I need to talk to someone.” Kitty nodded and phased through the wall.

Kurt was back in his hologram and walking amongst the patients and nurses. He finally found who he wanted and sat down with him on a bench.
“Do I know you?” the old man asked. He was the man from the ward that had helped him before.
“You may. I just wanted to say thank you for a friend.”
“Ahhh1 the bule fellow. Yes anytime, anytime. Now I know he wasn’t an angel, just a helper. I realize that now. You tell him, I could see in his eyes, a place for fear and hatred. I could see it very clearly. Tell ‘im,, God made us, and Society built us.” Kurt stared at him.
“What is that supposed to mean?” he asked.
“Well, God was an atist. He made a painting that was far greater than any man could ever make. He was Leonardo. But society took God’s picture and ‘improved it’. They made a Picasso. They made a complicated messy painting that was still considered beautiful. That’s why there are wars. That’s why there are different religions. That’s why there are clothes. But, then again, that makes it all very negative. You must remember, Picasso’s art was still considered beautiful. Do you know why?”
“No, I don’t.”
“Well it was unique. It was a one and only. It was a first. That’s what makes the human race so incredible. We may have messed up God’s painting, but we’re the only ones who did. We’re the only ones with the capability. Maybe, just maybe God wanted this. Maybe he wanted us to take his picture, and not mess it up, but make it work for us. Sure we could use some improvements. Hell, we could use a lot of improvements, but we took a cliché, a paradise, and made it challenge to figure out. We made our own art. Now my question for you is, what kind of art are you going to make yourself? Are you going to make a tragic, sad, complicated piece or are you going to make a bright, intelligent, and still complicated piece. Remember, you live in society, so every thing you make will be complicated, you just need to make your own. Don’t let others influence your art.”
Kurt stared at the old man. He looked at him now with so much more respect. He realized he had played a fools game. What happens, happens, and you can try to prevent it, but God’s plan is still laid out. Kurt smiled at the man, shook his hand and said good bye.
Later at McDonald’s he sat at a table next to Logan. He sipped a drink at thought to himself. Logan stared at him.
“Well, are you going to tell me why you took so long?” Logan demanded.
Kurt grinned.
“I was just catching up on my art history. Let’s go home.”
“Why?” Logan was half done with his burger.
“I’m in the mood for some painting.”

The End

-God thats long. =( O well. ENJOY, for a second time. Abbatoir, hope you liked it. Leave some editing tid-bits.

:D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

Very good, Bamfman. I liked the idea of seeing Kurt's dark side. Good job. :)
Abbatoir: professional lurker for hire. Now taking contracts. :D
:bamf: :deadpool: :agentx: :lifeguard: :slippy: :chamber: :phoenix: :bets: :tb3: :ghostrider:
"Keep the Collar, Kurt!" club #1 U2U me to join!
The "Losers" have won! The collar will be lost in the new year! But we will not let this happen!
"Get the Collar Back!" club #1 U2U me to join!
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#2
Defender of Decency (hah!) in the C.O.C.K
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
Pick your nickname! I am now known as Abbatoir, Abs, Abby, Abba, and Abb!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I like trying to explore a Darkside. It's always interesting. I don't know enough about CHamber, but once I do, it'll be him next.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS