Been dabbling in coloring

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I decided to try teaching myself how to color. I'm not very good, but it was fun to do :). Take a look!

Drawing: Not by me. Colors: by me. I wish I still knew who drew it. I think I found it on DA. If I figure it out, I will credit!

"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Great work, actually. I would recommend working a little more on blending a couple of the shadows, but that's about it.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Angelique wrote:Great work, actually. I would recommend working a little more on blending a couple of the shadows, but that's about it.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Angelique wrote:Great work, actually. I would recommend working a little more on blending a couple of the shadows, but that's about it.
I'd actually say the opposite and that there's too much blending going on. Good idea of where the highlights should go, but they are all blurry which gives everything a kind of same-y texture. I think it works pretty well on his skin (fuzzy) but I'd go for sharper contrast in the hair and less reflective pants.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
I'd actually say the opposite and that there's too much blending going on. Good idea of where the highlights should go, but they are all blurry which gives everything a kind of same-y texture. I think it works pretty well on his skin (fuzzy) but I'd go for sharper contrast in the hair and less reflective pants.
I totally agree with you. The hair was a challenge, and I find myself afraid to underblend, so I tend to overblend.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wow, Nacht! That's really good! Awesome job!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS