What If Nightcrawler was a little more sarcastic?

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

These characters are trying to kill me. I had to let them out, so hence, this story. just so you know, Morgan: New mutant, randomly created. Gabriel: Angel/Banshee. Alex: Nightcrawler/Mystique. I'm new here, so tips are appeciated!

Mutation, the Key to Evolution
Introduction
As you know, or have learned, or are about to learn, Mutation is the key to evolution. This process is slow, usually taking thousands of years. However, every few millennia, evolution leaps forward. Mutation is carried in the X-gene; Women have two X-genes, making them much more susceptible to mutation than men, who carry one X-gene and one Y-gene. X-genes are dominant, meaning if you have one normal X-gene and one mutated X-gene, you will show mutation.

Chapter 1: Mutation
Morgan sat on her bed hand in hand with Damien, her boyfriend. Her parents thought she was asleep, she’d let in Damien through the window. “Happy 15th birthday, Morgan,â€
Favorite Nightcrawler Quotes:
Jean: It's really warm out today.
Nightcrawler: Try being blue and fuzzy! It's murder!

Wolverine: Maybe you should get some help from yor girl, Wendy.
Nightcrawler: It's Wanda, and she's not my girl.
DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Chapter 3: Naming
Gabriel wandered through the streets, looking for some place to hide. The humans would hunt him now, and he didn’t know what was wrong with him, or how to fix it. He almost ran into a girl about his age He dodged to the side somehow managing to evade her notice. He tried to dodge into an alley, to avoid her notice again as she whirled around.
“Stop, Mutant.â€

DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Chapter 5: Welcome
Wolverine stood in the infirmary, looking down at the blue creature as Jean worked silently beside him. “Will they be alright?â€

DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Chapter 7: Transformation
Gabriel woke up feeling rather odd, he didn’t feel good; he didn’t feel good at all. He got up and changed, wandering blearily down to the kitchen to see what was for breakfast.
Morgan came to his side. “Gabriel, you don’t look so good, are you feeling okay?â€

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Hey Darkhound,

Sorry to say this, but What If section you posted in is reserved only for our chat RP Scrawlerearth. I just moved this to the normal writing area, here on 'Fuzzy Visions & Three-Toed Tales'.

Welcome to the forum, and this is actually a cool idea you got, meshing up two mutants to make a new one.

[Edited on 10/7/2011 by steyn]
DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Yeah, I had the distinct feeling I was just about to mess something up, thanks for the help! and thanks again for the compliment!

DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Chapter 9: Evolution
Morgan walked down the hallway. She'd fallen unconscious yesterday, after trying to control her spirit form. She only remembered the touch of Alex's hand, and the brush of the adamantitian pebble. Then her vision went dark. She remembered the sound of his voice, but couldn't recall what he had been saying. She was startled out of her reverie by a hand on her shoulder.
"Morgan? You're zoning out again."
She looked up. "Gabriel. What do you want?"
"I was wondering if you'd like to walk to breakfast with me."
Morgan smiled. "Alex put you up to this, didn't he?"
"Well..." Gabriel smirked, "The professor did tell him to stay away from you, but Darkhound has his methods."
"I'd love to go to breakfast, thank you."
Gabriel nodded and they began to walk towards the dining room. Gabriel thought back, remembering.
"Forcing her into her spirit form may cause her to evolve, her body already contains far too much power, if she evolves, it could mean she gains control, or it could kill her." Darkhound had paused, looking him directly in the eye. "If she dies, I. will. Kill. You."
Gabriel glanced at Morgan.
She smiled. "Thanks for understanding."
"Oh I don't understand, not in the least. What do you see in that blue fuzz ball?"
Morgan froze mid-laugh. Her smile turned to a frown. She choked and fell back against the wall, doubling over, a hand against her stomach.
"Morgan!" Cried Gabriel, placing a hand on her back.
Morgan's head snapped back, her eyes had turned solid black, her skin was pale and she was gasping.
"Morgan, what's wrong?"
"Alex, no! Don’t! Don't hurt him! No!"
Gabriel pulled Morgan upright. "Tell me, Morgan, what is it?"
Her eyes faded back to green. She immediately cried out and fell to her knees, burying her head in her arms, "No, Alex!"
"Morgan!" Gabriel knelt down, gripping her elbows, flaring his huge black wings in frustration. "Alex is fine! I spoke to him this morning! He’s my roommate, remember?!"
Morgan looked, up still teary eyed. "Where is he?! Where is he right now?"
"I expect he's eating breakfast. Come on." Gabriel helped her to her feet, leading her to the dining room. "We’ll talk to the professor about this after you eat."
As Morgan rubbed the tears out of her eyes and entered the dining room. Seeing Darkhound at the opposite end of the room, she perked up and took a step towards him. Alex, in his human form, caught her eye and quickly shook his head. Morgan wilted slightly, remembering what Gabriel had said. She looked at Gabriel again, who rustled his wings slightly. "Why is he in his human form?"
Gabriel frowned slightly, "I'm surprised he hasn't told you." He picked up a fork and waved it at her. "Forks and spoons were made for people with five fingers; Alex sometimes has trouble holding them with only four fingers. Also, the fur, do you think he sheds?"
Morgan nodded in understanding. "I still don't understand why He can't come near me."
"The professor puzzled out that what was causing you to go into spirit form wasn't adamantium. It was Alex. Particularly his blood. Until they can figure out how to control your spirit form, they don't want him near you."
After breakfast, they went to the professor. "Now, Morgan, please describe what you saw."
"There were buildings, everywhere, skyscrapers, metal ripped out of them, twisted in cages around people, it was noon, Alex, he, he was dead, stabbed multiple times by shards of shrapnel. I wasn't there to save him!"
"Morgan, calm down." Gabriel wrapped a wing around her shoulders. Morgan took several deep breaths.
The professor was silent for a moment. "I believe you've had a premonition, Morgan." He said finally.
"A Premonition?"
"A vision of the future."
"When will it happen?" asked Gabriel.
Morgan closed her eyes, remaining silent for a few minutes before turning pale and opening her eyes. "Tomorrow."