The Devil & The Dark Knight

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

By
Ty Dugan

New York City

Matt Murdock had followed Bullseye through Hell’s Kitchen, Midtown, Battery Park, and most of Spider-Man’s stomping ground, wondering at what point that ignorant Web-head was going to butt-in and ask what Daredevil was doing so far from his usual neck of the woods.
Thankfully there were no interruptions, and Murdock’s grizzled attitude for the evening was not dampened but actually relieved when finally Bullseye’s bike stopped at a cargo warehouse near the Lincoln Tunnel. A portside warehouse was not only cliché, but it gave Murdock a good excuse to assume the worst (not that he had to when dealing with Bullseye.)

His keen hearing let him know when Bullseye had shut the door behind himself and flipped the latch, locking the steel door from the inside. Murdock, rested on the roof of the warehouse beside Bullseye’s, and took a moment to take in the sounds and sensations of the area.
A warm summer night, not too hot, but certainly not cool, was ideal for Matt being the humidity tended to make his efforts more exhausting. He sighed as he picked himself up and dashed to the roof of the incriminating warehouse, landing on it stealth fully and placing his ear to the roof. He could hear perfectly, as always.

“Croikey, you’d think what I was askin’ for here is a couple mil, mate!” Bullseye said in a damn near accusatory tone.
“I’m not asking you to risk your life for money,” a familiar voice said calmly. “I’m asking you to risk your life at the threat of losing it to me.”

Kingpin. Daredevil knew that voice immediately. It was only common-sense, after all Bullseye was not only Kingpin’s go-to-assassin-for-hire, but he was also one of the cheapest, being he felt the thrill of a kill was more profit and gain than cold cash.
Daredevil sneered at the sound of Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin of Crime’s voice, as he continued his ambiguous threat.

“Spot here opens up a portal, you hop in. You kill the man, you come back.” Kingpin’s bodily gestures were clear to Murdock, just from the vibrations and the incredible weight this man had, adding to the amount of fluxuation in the air and increasing Murdock’s chances of pinpointing him.

Wait for it, Matty-boy. Murdock said to himself. Wait for him to say who they’re killing… let them open the door for you.

“An’ how in da hell do you even begin to promise me Spot ‘dere is capable of draggin’ me back an’ fro’ this time!” Bullseye countered.

“Because Spot here has been enhanced by some very nice machinery built for me by a well commissioned technician.” Fisk promised.

“Y’mean Eight-Arms?” Bullseye asked, referring to Spider-Man nemesis Dr. Octopus. Daredevil snickered, wondering how Peter was going to react later when he found out what he was missing out on.

“Nevermind who made it, go through, and kill him. If it works, we can do away with Spider-Man as well.” Kingpin offered.

Whoa. Murdock realized. So if the second kill is Spider-Man, who could the first one be?

“Killing an aged, alcoholic, Irish-Boxer ain’t exactly what I see to be a challenge.” Bullseye confessed to his obese employer.

“You’re being paid to eliminate my challenges, not have fun with yours.

Murdock’s expression instantly went from intrigued to alarmed. My father. By killing him, they could eliminate any chance Murdock ever became Daredevil. Kingpin would own Hell’s Kitchen, and if he took out Spider-Man after that, who knows what else.

“Well, this needs to stop.” Murdock decided aloud. He tumbled over the edge of the roof of the warehouse and with the prowess and art of surprise taught to him by The Hand Murdock swung through the glass window and shattered it, aiming his landing atop some carts and grinning the whole time.

“Game’s up, Kingpin.” Murdock demanded.
Bullseye groaned and said “You have got to be kidding me!”

“Now, Spot!” Kingpin pointed to the Dalmation-looking Asian man who seemed more worried about the sudden arrival o Daredevil than Kingpin’s chubby finger in his face.
Spot stammered and then threw open a portal. “There!” He winced at the amount of energy it took to keep a portal to a specific dimension open.

“Latah, gatah!” Bullseye said, winking to Daredevil. Murdock was already leaping off the carts however and reaching out for Bullseye.

But he was too late, and Bullseye backflipped into the portal, being sucked in instantly.

“No!” Murdock roared, reaching his hand out to try to catch him. Without even thinking, Murdock leapt in after Bullseye, the portal closing behind them both.

“So that was the plan, right Fisk?” Spot asked. “Get the Devil and Bullseye in there?”

Kingpin smirked wildly. “Of course.”

Gotham City

The barrel of the gun was pressed upon Ray Palmer’s temple as sweat began to flow from his brow.
“Two days of being held up in this ole’ abandoned Gotham City firehouse, you and your big-smart-brain, and you’re still not finished with your contraption yet Dr. Palmer?” Deadshot said, softly. “It’s as if you think I won’t kill you, just ‘cause you’re not a challenge. Boy are you wrong.” He pulled back the trigger and the barrel rolled, placing the bullet in position.

“No! Please! It’s almost finished!” Dr. Palmer said. He pointed to the panel and gave a nervous smile to Deadshot. “You see! It just needs to be turned on!” and then you can experience the wrath of whatever Dimension I hooked up to it, you evil, sick, coward! he continued in his head.

“Good.” Deadshot chuckled. “Do me a favor then, would ya Doc? Turn it on.”
“Oh God! Now? But you don’t know what it can do!” He tried to explain, but the hired killer wouldn’t hear of it.
“Just do it Doc, with as little bull shit as possible, thanks.”

Dr. Palmer sighed and turned to the lever. As he put his hands on it, silently behind him, Deadshot raised his gun and prepared to shoot the good doctor right through the back of the head.

As Palmer pulled the lever, the circular structure, supported by a series of electrical wires and enveloped in what looked to be plastic tubing, began to suck in the air around them. Papers, charts, and pencils flew in circles around their heads and were suddenly sucked into … a hole.

The black hole was ripping apart the space within the circle, lightning seeping from its edges as scientific materials were whipped around and vacuumed in.

“And now I can go anywhere, any time, and kill anyone I want, eh? Now I really can be the killer who’s everywhere at once!” Deadshot chuckled maniacally.

“Not if that somewhere is the hell I hooked this evil machine up to! I don’t care if I go with it, a madman like you can’t have this kind of power!” With that Dr. Palmer slammed his hand on a blue button and the portal turned dark blue, instead of black.

“Well then Doc, now I have even more incentive to kill you!” He winked at Palmer as his finger wrapped around the trigger but before he could squeeze it, a Batarang whipped out of the shadows and knocked the gun from his hand.

“Batman!” Deadshot spat. As he turned to the direction of the Batarang’s source, a caped figure, as dark as the shadows themselves, swept up behind him and caught him in an arm lock, forcing the deadly assassin to his knees.

“What’s up, Bats?” Deadshot hissed through the pain. “You can’t let a guy find a more productive way to make his living?”

“Not at the cost of innocent lives, I can’t.” Batman promised. “Atom! Can you turn it off?”

Palmer nodded and reached for the blue button again but as he did Bullseye came screaming through the portal tumbling forward.

“Not a chance, boy-o!” He shrieked, throwing a scythe at Palmer and watching with glee as it reamed through his palm.

“Gah!” Atom cried out as he fell to his knees in pain.

“What a shot!” Bullseye cheered. As he raised his arms in glory, a red, devil-horned figure came from the portal behind him and drop kicked him in the back of the head.

As Bullseye skittered across the floor, chin to the tile, he spat at the realization that Kingpin had been right. This was going to be more of a challenge than he had figured. What fun.

Daredevil instantly got his surroundings as Batman leapt to the device and punched the blue button, shutting down the MultiDimensional Transfer Portal. As he turned, Daredevil was upon him, lounging out and tackling The Batman.

“Urgh!” Batman grunted as he used his own feet to push Daredevil backwards and off him. As he reached for his utility belt, Murdock heard the movement, and as quick as it was (and Mudrock was impressed at the speed) he was no Quicksilver. With matching ninja-reflex, Murdock dropped down and used his leg to sweep kick Batman back onto his back.

As Batman tried to jump back up to his feet, Murdock dropped a boot to his chest.
“You’re down, stay that way.” He warned the bat-costumed creep.

“Not a chance.” Batman promised. With that a smoke-pellet left Batman’s hand and the fumes began to envelop Daredevil. Murdock was sent into a coughing fit as Batman escaped, disappearing once again into the shadows.

Once Murdock was clear of the smoke he made a quick point-check. Both this caped jerk-off was gone, and Bullseye. But so was that other one who was supposed to be tied up, but Murdock quickly found his wire, cut and loose on the floor. Lifting it, he inspected the materials. Tight, metal based, and certainly not something he recognized.

“Original materials… this guy must be good.” He critiqued. Looking about the Firehouse Daredevil realized it was time to figure out where he was.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Next chapter please.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

When the day finally broke, it became painfully obvious to Murdock that he needed to ditch his disastrously obvious red suit.

Gotham was a city of nonsensical cathedral like structures, ominous bridges connecting random buildings to other random buildings, and gargoyles as well as other statues that were wildly oversized and poorly structured in terms of architecture, or at least what Matt was used to.

The sounds were different. The smells were different. He could taste the air and it wasn't even the same.

"This is so not New York City." He realized, as he tucked the last bit of his uniform into a paper bag.

He had swiped some clothes from a hanging clothesline, poorly matching and fitting, which was best. This city, or at least the part he was in, looked like the BottomFeeders area of town. More importantly, it looked like it was a place of crime. He might be able to find some answers (provided he beat them out of the right people).

He traveled some blocks and entered an area that reminded him of Hell's Kitchen. Not exactly, but he could barely sense the sunlight, indicating to him plenty of shadows. The temperature was cooler even, and it was obvious to him now that it was sometime in mid-autumn.

He avoided talking to people, bumping into them even. He knew jumping from New York to another English speaking, clearly American, city in a completely different season than the one previously, meant only one thing. He wasn't supposed to be here. Wherever the hell "here" was.

[[TBC, more to come later, I'm distracted, but I got it all timelined out]]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS