Movie Writing Challenge "Trust"

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Dangit! He finds the perfect mutant paradise and it's already ruined.

Keep it coming.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

[rquote=33692564&tid=12223&author=Elfdame]Dangit! He finds the perfect mutant paradise and it's already ruined.[/rquote]

That's usually the way utopias work in science fiction and fantasy. :)

Sorry about my weird absence... starting school made things really crazy around here.

Plus, I got all blocked on this one scene. So instead of writing it, I'm skipping it and just cutting straight to the chase.

So I've got the next TWO installments right here for you, and I hope to finish this story sometime this weekend. It doesn't need much more, honestly. Cross your fingers.

Here it is:

Some time later, Kurt arrived back at the village. The feast was over, they fires burning low with coals. Kurt pushed back the flap that was the entrance to the hut Nishil had graciously given to them.

Kitty and Logan were sitting there, talking and smiling. Kurt stared at them. “I can’t stay here any longer,” he said.

“Tough luck, bub,” Logan said, “There’s no way to get outta here.”

Kurt shook his head. “I can’t just sit here when I don’t know where Scott and Jean are. We have to find them.”

Logan and Kitty looked at each other, as if they had known he would say something like this. “Kurt,” Kitty said timidly, “You realize that there’s a big possibility they’re both dead, right?”

“When Phoenix is involved?” Kurt said, “I doubt it.”

“For once, Elf, maybe the best thing is just to sit back and wait until something happens.” Logan’s advice seemed incredibly uncharacteristic.

Kurt straightened his shoulders. “I thought you two would agree,” he said, “But if you don’t, I’ll go find them myself.”

Without another word, he teleported out of the hut.

Kurt hacked his way through the undergrowth. It was much slower and more difficult that teleporting or swinging from tree to tree, but he struggled past the brush anyways.

Then he heard it. The crashing and thrashing, the trampling and panting of two people extremely out-of-breath. He didn’t turn around. Wait for it.

“Kurt!”

Kitty threw her hand on his shoulder and he turned around, his face cold and unrevealing. Kitty panted for a few seconds, hands on her knees, as Logan came crashing up. Kurt felt like making a snide remark about being out of shape, but he was panting as well simply from the exertion of tearing through the undergrowth.

All three of them looked into each other’s eyes. Kurt tried to stay calm and impassive. “Why are you here?” he demanded.

Logan grinned. “You didn’t think we were gonna let you go gallivanting off on your own, didja?”

Kurt grinned. He clambered up the nearest tree. “Well, then,” he said from his perch on a limb, “Let’s get searching.”

~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

URGH!!! Stupid siblings get off the computer I'm writing the dang story on! Why, oh, WHY didn't I even email it to myself????

Any more time and they're gonna force me either to commit homicide or start writing the rest of the story in the comment box here......
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Okay, I give up. Now that my bro and sis have been on the computer I NEED for an hour and a half, I can no longer wait.

Apparently they're going to "finish the bathroom" and then let me on. But I'm not waiting any longer. I AM WRITING A STORY IN THE COMMENT BOX! WISH ME LUCK!

"Do you smell them?" Kurt strained his eyes, peering through the misty morning light.

They'd searched half the night, then slept for a few hours respite on the cold ground. It seemed like only a few minutes to Kurt, but he was feeling insanely worried about Scott and Jean. He couldn't help but feel that if Jean was alive and conscious, she'd be attempting to contact them, and the fact that she hadn't yet was mildly disturbing. So they'd gone out searching again before dawn's bleak light sifted through the morning mist.

"Nope." Logan was having the hardest time thrashing through the underbrush. Kurt was using a combination of teleportation and acrobatics to get from tree to tree, the same way he had travelled before. Kitty was phasing through branches and undergrowth, looking for anything that might help. Logan did not have either of these talents to help him.

"Can't smell a thing," Logan called out, "There's something around here that's givin' off a stink."

Kurt 'ported directly in front of his friend. "What kind of stink? Animal?"

"No," Logan wheezed, "Sulfur! You idiot, of course it's something animal!"

Kitty had run on a little way ahead. Suddenly, she came running back. "Shh!" she said, "Be quiet guys."

But it was too late. There was a sudden screeching wail. The earth began shaking with enormous, pounding footsteps. "What the hell is that?" Logan said.

BAMF!

Kurt hung from the highest limb on the tree that would support him, clutching tightly to the bark as the ground shook violently. It took him only a few seconds to discern what kind of monster they had awoken.

It was one of the chicken-dinosaurs that they had fought earlier saving Nishil's grandchildren, but this guy was enormous, as tall as a five-story building, with claws longer than Kurt's leg. Its thick, tooth-filled beak was grinding in anger. Before Kurt could even warn Kitty and Logan, the monster was attacking them.

"I think we found your smell problem, Logan!" Kurt shouted as he 'ported out of the tree just before it snapped.

Kitty phased right through its beak. Whirling, she tried to kick it, but her foot glanced off one of its touch scales and she fell. Logan pushed her out of the way as an enormous claw came down. Roaring, Logan jumped on the thing's talon and began hacking at it.

But to Kurt's astonishment, the adamantium claws did little more than scratch and dent the hard brown scales. With a screech, the chicken-dinosaur threw him off, tossing Logan into the trees far beyond. Then it went for Kitty once more.

Kurt didn't hesitate. With a BAMF of smoke and sulfur, he teleported directly in its face and punched the monster right in the eye.

With a squawk of pain, the creature backed away, its tail thrashing madly. Now he needed to finish the creature off.

A thin branch gave him the idea. Why not? he thought to himself, 'porting away from the creature to snap it clean off. His plan would work quite well if he managed it properly. Concentrating as hard as he could, he teleported the branch right into the monster's neck, and then got away as fast as he could, grabbing Kitty as he went.

There was an explosion and the chicken-dinosaur wailed, trembled, and then fell, a large hole suddenly ripped in it's neck. Kitty clutched his arm, staring down at the thing. Kurt gave no more thought to the monster, but teleported away again.

Now they had to find Logan as well.

"Hey!"

Kurt heard the shouted and jumped over to it, Kitty running along beneath him. The two rushed towards Logan, standing in the clearing and waving his hands. "C'mon, guys," he said, "I've picked up their scent."

"Scott and Jean?" Kurt asked, a grin splitting his face.

"No, Sonny and Cher. Who do you think?" Logan turned around and started hacking his way through the forest.

"Scott! Jean!"

Kurt had been shouting for hours, his voice was sore, and he was a little afraid he might awake one of the chicken-dinosaurs that was sleeping in the forest. But he knew it was probably the best way of finding them, if they were conscious.

Logan had claimed the scent trail was getting stronger, but more muddled, as though they had walked through the area several times. Kurt could see broken twigs and the flattened grass where they must have slept last night. But though they seemed close by, they were nowhere in sight.

Logan suddenly stopped, putting his hand up. Kurt quieted, wondering what Logan had noticed. "Did you hear that?" Logan asked.

Kurt shook his head, but he knew Logan wasn't looking at him. With a small sniff and a cocking of his head, he said, "That way." He pointed for a split second, and then headed off over the ground.

Kurt teleported and flipped after him, Kitty closed behind. Kurt's voice suddenly came back to him. "SCOTT! JEAN!" he bellowed.

Then he heard Scott's voice shouting back, "Over here!"

In a few short seconds they found them, looking sick and exhausted, sitting on a rock. Kurt teleported straight to their side.

"Are you guys okay?" he asked.

Scott shook his head. "We haven't had any water except a little dew this morning," he said, "And we think Jean may have suffered a minor concussion."

"I can't remember what happened, and I can't seem to use my powers," Jean said.

Kurt looked worried. "We'd better get you back."

And I will write their great rescue/escape sometime later. That took me a looooooong time.
~Def.
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phoenixincarnate »

Niccceeeeeeeeeee
...PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

*love* Logan's smart-aleck comebacks. Clever move with the chickosaurus. Poor li'l chicky.

Enjoying it a lot. Hope you have time to write more. Isn't that why we have study hall? ;-p
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

*pant* *pant* *pant*

deadlines, deadlines, DEADLINES!!!

The five of them staggered into camp, hungry, thirsty, and exhausted. Scott suddenly collapsed onto Kurt's shoulder, stumbling forward and dragging Kurt to the ground with him. Kurt's knees took the weight of the fall and Scott coughed and muttered something that might have been an apology.

Logan and Kitty were supporting a badly shaken Jean between. Kurt stared around the village, hoping, praying that someone had noticed them.

Someone had. Nishil came running out of a hut, his face furrowed in concentration. In a few seconds, the men and women of the village had surrounded them, helping them all to their feet, to get to shelter, offering them water and food. Kurt waited until he was sure Scott and Jean had water before he touched it.

Then they were shown into the little hut, and all five fell into deep sleep.

Mothers and dinnertimes. There's a good time and a bad time. This is a bad time.....
~Def.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

'S okay, chickie. We'll be patient. I'm excited to see the entries filling out. Mine is being stubborn right now, but as soon as I figure out how to extricate our nice little church boys, I have a bunch almost ready to roll.

Write on, sistah!

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

YES YES YES!!! DONE!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, FINALLY FINISHED!!

Before the deadline, too. I am good.

Kurt awoke in the morning to the sound of a jet flying overhead. In less than a second, he knew exactly where he was, and he also knew that the whirring engine that was causing such a hullaballoo was their ticket out of here. Somebody must have come searching for them.

He ran outside. The village people were crowded in the square, pointing and staring up at the large machine that went flying low over their heads. If that wasn’t Hank’s sea-plane, then Kurt was a fuzzy bunny rabbit. Concentrating hard on where he wanted to go, knowing it would be a little blind, he teleported.

As soon as he appeared in the cabin, he was thrown backwards. He knew about the inertia problem and immediately compensated, teleported forward a couple of times and grabbing at seats with his hands. In a few seconds, feeling slightly dizzy, his ears popping with the altitude change, Kurt was standing calmly on the cabin floor.

The door to the cockpit was open, and he saw the astonished faces of Hank and Bobby looking back at him. “Guten tag,” he said, walking into the cockpit, “Hank, there’s a cove over there on the other side of the island. If you’ll land there, Kitty, Logan, Scott, Jean and I will come aboard.”

Kurt didn’t feel the need to explain. Instead, he teleported back to the ground, compensating again for the inertia to land back in the village.

As Logan and Kitty poked their heads out the door, still sleepy-eyed and bemused, Kurt grinned and bounded over to him. “Hank and Bobby are here,” he said, “Let’s go. They’re gonna land in the cove. Let’s get going.”

The engines rumbling and ruffled Kurt’s fur as he and his comrades came onto the plane. He looked back for a second at Nishil, at his two grandchildren who stood at his side. Then he leaped down and gave all three of them a hug.

But then Logan called out the door, “Plane leaves now, Elf. Whether you’re on it or not,” and Kurt had to turn sadly away and jump into the plane.

As they took off over the sea, Kurt looked back staring down at the little island. “Hank?” he asked quietly.

“What, Kurt?”

“If we ever find a cure for what happened on M-Day,” Kurt said, “We’ve got to go back there.”

THE END.
~Def.
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phoenixincarnate »

Whoa... i hope they find a cure for m- day... or have they?
...PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ack! you know what I just realized???

This thing doesn't have a title yet!!!

Okay, okay, okay (thinking thinking) let's see...ummmm...

"Trust."

(Going to edit first post, get the title in there...)
~Def.