The FV&TTT May/June/July Movie Writing Challenge!!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Not that I should be the one to talk.....but Rowena did say it could be alternate realities......;)

And welcome to Nightscrawlers!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yo, Deddie ( I simply MUST think up a better nickname for dedicatedfollowerofnothing) ~
Jeremus is right. You go ahead and write and post one of your ideas. It could be a Wolvie/Nighty buddy movie. As long as there's plenty of Kurt, it should fill the bill.

Mine, as you can see, is very thought-oriented and mos def alternate reality. If you write it as you think it, we will put the moving pictures in ourselves, so pretend you are doing a "treatment" for a movie script.

C'mon, give it a whirl.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

All right, all right...

(Puts on large, floppy hat, enormous sunglasses, and boots up Microsoft Word)

Here goes nuthin'.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Egad! 10 days left. I'd better scuttle through the rest of my story and put it up, warts and all. I posted a tad today and caught up with BlueVelvet's entry ... wonder what happens to ol' Fuzzy in church? And as far as we know, he, Woverine, and Kitty are still on that island in Def's fic ... and Rowena oughta join us even if she doesn't want to be voted on.

tick, tock, tick, tock
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

Well, there's three days to go on the Movie Writing Challenge! If anyone needs more time, let me know. Otherwise, the challenge will close on Wednesday, Sept. 16!

Good luck everyone, and thank you so much for your entries! :)

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

*sidles in, blushing* Um, maybe til the end of the week? Or Monday? I have a lot written but it needs de-bugging, and, erm, I didn't jump in til the end of summer on this and, well, life is kinda keeping me busy and, er, .... you know.

I realize the others have been good little girls and finished, but ... mercy???

And then maybe Jeremus can hop in with a zippy entry.

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi!

OK. I understand about the de-bugging and everything. If you need until Monday to get everything done, you've got it.

The new challenge deadline will be Monday, Sept. 21. All challenge entries should be up by then. On Sept. 22, the poll will open, and the voting can begin!!!

Best of luck everyone!!! :D

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

THe 21st?

But... but... I already posted mine... and I could have fixed it up :(
aww =P

Oh well, I guess I'll just hope and pray no one notices the rushed moments =P
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I say: CHEAT! Use the edit button. I had to do it because of being rushed too (my fault for not entering til it was almost over). But to me, it's not cheating really if it's done before the deadline. I could be wrong.

And you'll be tweaking it anyway since you might put it up at ff, so ... go for it. All weekend ....

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Hey, I just titled the story I wrote for this...

it's "Trust."

Totally forgot to give it a title until just now. :doh! But that's okay, because I'm still before the extended deadline. Right?

[Edited on 9/20/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

Well, the deadline for this challenge is finally up! Thanks so much to everyone who entered!!! Tomorrow, I'll put up the poll and everyone can vote for their favorite story. The poll will be up for two weeks before the winner is announced.

Thanks again for your entries! I hope you had fun with this challenge! :D

~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I had fun with it even though I wrote way too much! I'd been meaning to flesh out some of Kur'ts backstory for my as-yet-un-numbered-timeline and this gave me the excuse to do it. Yeah, I feel guilty that I didn't spend the time working on contest entries for money, but the time was *not* wasted because I learned a lot about stitching pieces of plot together. (mainly what to avoid doing, ha ha) I may not be near a computer when the results come out, so if I don't make a fawning congratulatory post to the winner, it's nothing personal. :D

Thanks for a fun challenge, Rowena, and thanks to all the noobs who joined in and put their efforts forward. I suggest they go back in this FV&TTT forum and read some of the completed fiction (including Challenges) that was here quite a bit before my time (I'm a relative newbie, less than 2 years I think) -- much of it would make great Kurt movies and is really well written.

One other thing - there is a huge disparity in the entries regarding length. Mine might be too long for people to plough through, whereas some folks might not like short ficlets. So to me, everyone has a chance because tastes are different. And if not many votes are cast, well, this is a pretty busy time of year for everyone, so don't be discouraged. Be proud that you took the leap and posted your work for others to enjoy.

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

Rowena wrote:Hi Everyone!

Well, the deadline for this challenge is finally up! Thanks so much to everyone who entered!!! Tomorrow, I'll put up the poll and everyone can vote for their favorite story. The poll will be up for two weeks before the winner is announced.

Thanks again for your entries! I hope you had fun with this challenge! :D

Where's the poll? Can't find it lol