Nightscrawlers FV&TTT Valentine’s/St. Patrick’s Day Writing Challenge: THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Nightscrawlers FV&TTT Valentine’s/St. Patrick’s Day Writing Challenge: THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE

Post by neling4 »

THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE

Logan was very interested in breweries. He quickly sensed that there was one nearby and he went in search of it. His nose directed him towards a dark and gloomy woods.

He plunged into the woods where he discovered a barely discernable path leading into its dark heart. After following the pathway for nearly an hour, he came out into an opening amongst the trees. There was the brewery, looking for all the world like something out of a fairy-tale transplanted bodily from the Black Forest of Germany. It was made of grey stone, covered with moss and ivy and was surrounded by fields of grain and various stone outbuildings.

As he boldly approached the brewery, the smell of the brewing beer was powerful. Logan took a deep breath, sucking it in. Several people were working in and around the brewery, and in the fields. Logan saw a short bearded man come out of a building, and hailed him.

“Hey there! Mind if I look around?”

The little bearded man smiled broadly and said, “Certainly. No problem. Perhaps you would like to sample some of our wares? I have some special beer which we reserve just for visitors such as yourself.”

“I don’t mind if I do.” said Logan, thinking that this adventure was working out quite well. The little man led Logan into a little stone house just behind the brewery. He offered Logan a seat at a low wooden table, and poured a foamy mug-full of beer for Logan from a barrel in the corner. Logan drained it in one, long, continuous gulp. “Mmmm. Excellent.” He looked expectantly, hopefully, at the little man, who obligingly refilled the mug. Logan drained the second cup. The little man hesitated, then he took Logan’s mug and refilled it, again. Several mugs later, the little man said wistfully, “Are you not feeling a bit sleepy? Perhaps you would like a little lie-down?”

“Naw. I never get sleepy from drinking beer. You see, I’m a mutant and I’ve got this healing factor thingy. I don’t get sleepy and I don’t get drunk.”

The little man‘s jaw dropped into his beard. “Oh? Well! How….interesting Will you excuse me for just a moment?”

“Sure. May I…?”

“Help yourself.” and the little man left. He returned in a few minutes with six other little men, all with long beards. The little men all came in and sat at the little table facing Logan. One of them said, “So, you don’t feel sleepy?”

“Naw.” said Logan. “Hey, you know, you guys all look a lot like a friend of mine back in Canada. Only he doesn’t have long whiskers. Name of Puck. That’s his working name. His real name is Eugene Milton Judd.”

The seven little men were astounded by this news. “Eugene? Eugene Milton Judd? He’s our cousin. You know Eugene?”

“Yup. Sure do. He’s a good friend and drinking buddy of mine. He’s your cousin, huh? I thought you guys looked kind of familiar.”

After that, things became much more friendly. The first little man introduced himself as “Doc”. His friends were Happy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy and Rumplestiltskin. Logan and the seven little men began swapping stories. The little men were very keen to hear about their cousin Eugene, and they had some stories of their own to tell.

“Remember Miss Weiss back in Germany?” said Doc. “She got lost in the woods there. Luckily for her, she found our house and broke in. She cleaned it up and made dinner for us, or we would have turned her over to the authorities.” Doc sighed, “She was so pretty, with her hair as dark as ebony, her lips as red as blood, and her skin as white as snow.”

“Then she up and married that prince. Broke my heart, it did.” said Grumpy.

“Ha, ha, ha. Remember that girl who fooled Rumple? Heh, heh.” asked Happy.

Rumplestiltskin blushed.

“She talked him into betting her that she couldn’t find out what his real name was. She made a deal with him to turn barley into beer, if she found out his real name. It’s too bad you love your name so much you go around singing it, Rumple.” Happy laughed.

Rumplestiltskin blushed deeper.

Everyone laughed. Logan was thinking that the story seemed vaguely familiar to him, although somewhat different, when someone started another story.

“Remember that old Winkle guy back in New York?” said Happy. “He disturbed our game of ninepins, so we offered him some of our special beer. He fell asleep for ONE HUNDRED YEARS! Ha, ha, ha! He was covered in cobwebs and moss and he grew a beard FIVE FEET LONG before he woke up! Ha, ha, ha!”

That story also, seemed disturbingly familiar to Logan, but he was feeling a bit full, so he rose and thanked the seven little men for the beer and company. They hospitably invited him to come back whenever he was in the neighborhood, and Logan waddled quickly away.

All that day, Logan thought and thought and thought about the beer. It called to him. It seemed rather selfish to keep such a good thing all to himself, and he really wanted more of that beer, so, he asked Kurt and Pete to accompany him back. “Best beer I ever had.” he told them, and they were perfectly willing to try it themselves.

Logan, Kurt and Peter hiked into the dark woods, coming at last to the old stone brewery. The sign over the entry door read, “The Seven Dwarves Brewery”.

The little bearded men greeted Logan warmly and welcomed Kurt and Peter.

“I told my buddies here about your beer, and they would like to try some.” said Logan, introducing his friends.

The little men beamed with pride.

“Are your friends mutants too?” Doc asked, looking at Kurt.

“Yep! My boys here are mutants too, just like me.” said Logan.

The little men invited the boys to sit, and brought them mugs filled with the dark, foaming beer. Logan, Kurt and Peter raised their mugs. “Cheers!” they said and downed their drinks as one. Logan thumped his mug down on the scrubbed wooden table. Kurt and Peter set their mugs carefully on the table, looked at each other, and slid onto the floor.

Logan looked at them in surprise and laughed.

“I thought they could hold their drink better than that. Ha! What a couple of……..whaat?”

“Your friends do have a healing factors, don’t they?” asked Doc.

“Not that I know of.” Logan replied.

The seven little men looked at each other.

“How about we just let them sleep it off while we have another round?” Logan suggested, not wanting to waste the opportunity.

The little men looked at Logan.

“I’m afraid they will not wake up for a long time.” said Happy.

“What do you mean?” asked Logan, feeling that he was missing something important.

“We served them our enchanted beer, as you requested. We thought they had healing factors, like you. They will sleep for a long, long time.” said Rumple.

“How long?” asked Logan, thinking maybe he could get in another round or two while they slept.

“One hundred years.”

…………..!!!

“And there is only one antidote, if you wish to wake them sooner.” Doc said.

“Yes?” said Logan, impatiently.

The men nudged each other and snickered.

“You must kiss them.”

Snickt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You gotta be kidding!” Logan exclaimed in disbelief.

“We kid you not, neither do we jest.” said Rumple. “You must kiss them to wake them up, and you must do it before midnight or it will be too late. You will have to wait two hundred years for them to awaken.” The little men were now laughing outright, and some of them were rolling around on the floor in glee. Even Grumpy looked happy.

“Is there no other way?” Logan pleaded.

The little men shook their heads and scampered out the door, laughing.

Logan looked at his two friends. He looked at his watch. It was nearly midnight. There was no way he could get them home and con someone else into reviving them before it was too late. He was doomed.

Logan knew that Kurt would be sure to tease him unmercifully if he saw him kissing Peter, so he decided to deal with Peter first. He did some calming Yoga breathing, then leaned over Peter.

“SO THIS IS THIS WHY YOU GET ME DRUNK???” roared Peter angrily, jumping up and grabbing for Logan so he could pummel him.

“WAIT! WAIT! LET ME EXPLAIN!” Logan yelled, hopping over the table to escape Peter's fists.

“I WILL KILL YOU! AND IF YOU COME BACK TO LIFE, I WILL KILL YOU AGAIN!” shouted Peter.

Peter chased Logan out the door. Logan cleverly ran around the house then nipped back inside and locked the door behind him, leaving Peter pounding on the door.

“Now for the Elf.” he thought miserably. He leaned over Kurt and kissed him.

WHACK! Kurt slapped him so hard his ears vibrated.

BAMF! Kurt was gone. Logan raced to the door in time to see Kurt grab Peter and bamf away in a cloud of pink smoke.

Logan knew there was no point trying to catch up with them to explain. He would have to wait until they calmed down. Meanwhile, the bright side of his situation revealed itself to him in a brilliance like the rising sun. He picked up his mug and reverently approached the love of his life, and refilled his mug with the rich, delicious, foaming beer.

[Edited on 26/4/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

*multiple guffaws cascading over chuckles and cackles*

Great, great story. What a talent old Rumpie has.

Too cute!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks Elfdame! :)

It's odd that one word was censored, but I changed it to snickered, which means the same thing.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Busted a gut laughing.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I like this very much!:clap
(Does this have anything to do with the question around St.Patrick's Day at Marvel....'Who's the next person Kurt should kiss?' :kiss and you said "Logan"? :LMAO)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks Jeremus!

I forgot I said that. He hasn't kissed Logan....yet. ;)

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I loved it! Way better than mine (but then again, one always judges his own work hardest). I laughed so hard... My fic will be up before the day is done.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks Bob!