THE FV&TTT HOLIDAY WRITING CHALLENGE!!! - A Mutant Christmas

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It had been a long day for Eric Lehnsherr, Magneto, the father of The Brotherhood of Mutants and leader of Genosha. The reason it had been a long day was because it was Christmas Eve. Here, he tried to sway his people from celebrating the joyous birth of what he would consider a false savior, a mortal who asked to be called a God but he would not crush another persons beliefs, for that would only make him as heartless and controlling as those who had harmed him and his people so many years ago. Instead, he would avoid the whole holiday altogether.

"But Sir!" Toad protested. "Your people were hoping you could decorate the three with them-"
"The tree!?" Magneto huffed. "A tree?" He lifted poor Toad into the air with his ability to control magnetic fields and metallic objects, and hovered the helpless goon over him maliciously. "Do I look like the sort of fellow who decorates trees?"

"Not even for children?" Toad protest. "Our brothers and sisters invited you to be part of their ceremony!"

"And I will have no part of it? Is that clear Toad?" He dropped him and there was a wet slap on the cement flooring of Magneto's lair as Toad dropped.

"Y-yes sir." He crawled off and down the stairwell past Sabretooth who was picking his teeth with a fractured splint of a bone of a local creature.
"Pest." He hissed at Toad as he crept by.

"Poor-man's Logan!" Toad cackled, causing Sabretooth too lunge for him.

Many hours later it had been a long day. Magneto had bumped into many of his people, his fellow mutants, and explained to them, repeatedly, that he was no interested in putting the star on the tree. Or carving the Roast Beast. Or buying Tiny Shtim a new coat. It was not the season of giving for Magneto. It was the season of avoidance. At any or all costs.

Back at his lair, he went up the long and winding stair case that led to his master chambers. As he got to the door, he thought he heard whispering.

"Eric...."
The voice was familiar but he felt secure that no one was near him or beside him.
Could this be another assassination attempt? He thought fearfully.

As he reached for the door handle the electric lights above the stair case as well as on the walls of the stairs, flickered and hummed.
The gold door knocker suddenly melted away and reformed, morphing like a bubbling, gooey, glop of hot liquid gold. It reformed into the face of his old friend and arch-nemesis, Charles Xavier.

"Eric! Listen..."
"No!" Magneto shoved his helmet onto his head to avoid any psychic activity and with a wave of his hand, he pushed the gold apart and fractured it into millions of molecular pieces.

In his room, he found the meal that one of his chefs had laid out for him. Pleased to find it still warm, he ate a bit of it and stared at the fire that had been lit for him. He could hear the singing below of Christmas Carols, Toad's terrible singing voice piercing his head. He thought of going to the window and silencing them, but he remembered that he had religious freedom and this was unethical. For now.

He rocked in his chair and ate what he could of his meal, discovering he wasn't as hungry as he had thought. As he watched the fire, a face flickered once in a while, startling him and causing him to keep his helmet on.

It was the face of Xavier. He seemed to be in trouble, or pain. Calling out to him.
Then... there came foot steps.

From the stairway!
"Sabretooth! Mystique! Whoever it is, announce yourself and stop startling me!" The floor boards creaked under the weight of each step, and there came a sound of ... chain rubbing against wood. No, being dragged against wood.

"Show yourself!" Magneto swung his door open with a twitch of his finger and stood prepared for any of the x-men, Xavier himself even.

But no one was there.

"Must... must be something I ate." He said to himself, clearing his throat.
He sat back down into his rocking chair and shut the door with a wave of his forefinger.

"Eric, why do you shout so loudly on this here Christmas Eve?" Charles asked Magneto.

"GAH!" Magneto fell out of his chair and used a tremendous amount of magnetic force to blast Xavier through a wall. But it didn't work. Xavier sat there, on his bed.
"Charles! How did you-... and how did you get up-.... what on God's green earth are you doing here?!"

"I came to warn you Eric. Warn you that you will be visited by spirits." A half smiled crawled across his face and his charm nearly had Eric sit back down, but he got himself together and refused to.

"Charles, what in the Hell are you talking about? Get out of my house and out of Genosha!"

"Eric, these spirits will be here to help you..."

"I don't need your mind tricks Charles. I am perfectly fine, and you and your brawny X-men can leave. Now."

"Please," Xavier pleaded. He remained on the bed, not moving. He had no wheel chair, and it was clear to Magneto that he had no intention of leaving without expressing himself.

"Charles... what are you babbling about?"

"They are coming. To help you. So you will not make any of the same mistakes in love or in life that others like you had made!"

"I thought you were going to say that you-had made." Magneto suddenly noticed a large ball and chain cuffed about Xavier's ankle.

"Charles... are you being held captive somewhere?"

"Only by my own ambitions. And goals. I have held myself down with standards that I am no longer sure others can meet... and that I am unsure myself or my X-men can meet."

Magneto chuckled to himself, glad to finally hear it.

"But you and yours are doing the same! You must change!"

"This.... is... ridiculous." Magneto said. He picked off a piece of sandwich and tossed it at Xavier's bald head. It bounced off and landed in his lap. "Leave. Now. You are making no sense."

"Good luck Eric...." Xavier called as his image began to fade.
"Wait... Charles... what is happening? Honestly-"
"Good luck...." Finally the figure of Xavier disappeared from Magneto's bed.

Eric stared at his bed in silence.

It was twelve fifty six, and Magneto was sound asleep. His helmet was very uncomfortable, but after the experience he had earlier, he was not taking any chances.
He suddenly awoke at twelve fifty nine with a snort and looked about. As he tried to curl up again and return to his dreams of crushing the X-men and ruling the United States of America, making way for mutant freedom and liberation, as well as mutant superiority, the bell on his grandfather clock tolled the hour.

Snorting awake again, he sat up and turned his head to the sound of giggling. But as he looked, a blue and white streak blurred out of his line of sight and in front of him. As he spun his head towards the foot of his bed, the streak zoomed again to behind his couch. Snorting, he got up and with a furrowing of his eyebrows, he snapped the couch in half.

"Who disturbs me!?" He roared.
"Tag you're it!" He turned around to see a small girl in red, with long red curly hair, poking him in the shin. She giggled and tottered off behind a fragment of the couch.

"How... did you children get in here?"
The blue and white streak suddenly zoomed up to his toes and stopped short. There, wagging back and forth like a stick the antenna of a car was his son Pietro... but as a child.

"Weiner, weiner, weiner!" He called and stepped on his fathers toes, zipping away quickly under the bed.

"Oof! Pietro!" Suddenly it occurred to him who the young girl in the red was. "Wanda! Both of you, front and center!"

The two of them crept from their hiding spots.
"What are you two doing... and how did you get so young? Is Iron Man here!?" He suddenly slammed all his windows shut as he pointed to them and locked every lock on his door.
"The Avengers will be here momentarily, won't they! I knew they would intervene, that God Damned Captain America!"

"Daddy! No cussing!" Pietro called, holding his crying sisters ears.
"I-... I'm sorry. How did this happen?"

"We're the spirits of Holidays Past." Pietro grinned and Wanda stopped sniffling and smiled a little as well.
"Holidays huh? Not Christmas?" He chuckled a bit. "Oh.... boy someone will pay for slipping me whatever the hell this is..."

"Daddy, no cussin'!" Pietro stamped his foot and pointed at him. "Now, lissen to me! We're gonna go see somefin' from your past. You going to be cool with that?" He asked, crossing his arms. His sister imitated him.

"Yeah! You cool wi' dat?!" She asked.
"You two can show me whatever you think you need to," Magneto laughed as they led him off, pulling him by his pajamas to the window. "Wait... where are you two going?"

"We're going to zip." Wanda said happily.
"Zip?" Magneto scratched his head. "Oh wait... no! Not zipping! I hate when we-" Suddenly Pietro as off, dragging his father by his finger, running down the side of the castle like mansion that Magneto holed himself up in. They ran down the walls and made a nine-degree sprint onto the ground, Magneto keeping himself from banging against any rocks using his magnetic field. Wanda was hand-in-hand with her brother as he zipped them across the ocean and to Xavier mansion.

"No! You traitorous rats!" He roared. But Pietro would not let go, and for a seven or eight year old, his grip was tremendous.

"Do not worry father, we are only going for a peek." Wanda said. "This is a Christmas from many years ago. You shall remember it... if you try."

They peeked through the window and saw Nightcrawler bamfing here and there all over the incredibly large Christmas tree that the mansion had displayed. He was hanging ornaments from a large brown box under his arm.
"I think we're almost out!" He called.

"Good, that means I can add the icicles." Bobby said grinning.

Jean Grey came up from behind him and whacked him in the back of the head.

"Think again Iceman, what happens when it melts?"

"Oh yeah!"

"Complete!" Kurt said, appearing between them both in a puff of purple and pink smoke.

"Time for the star!" Beast said happily, stirring his hot cider.

"Ah'll get it!" Rogue said, flying up to the tip top of the tree, star in hand.

Remy came in from the Kitchen with a piece of holly on a wire attached to a green colored strap around his head.
"Dis is ridiculous." He said muttering.

"You're the one that lost the bet 'bub." Logan said.

Magneto turned to his children.
"Is there a reason to show me this? It's simply another Christmas for the X-men!"

"Keep watching!" Pietro insisted, his face still fixed on the tiny sparkling ornaments.
Suddenly the wall on the opposite side of Magneto and the children exploded. The X-men were thrown about and Wolverine was the quickest to recover.

"What 'da hell!?" Remy coughed.

"Santa's coming!" Toad cackled as he and Blob stepped in through the hole.

"An' you've been naughty." Mystique said, stepping out form behind the Blob.

"No cookies for Santa!?" Blob said insultingly. "'Guess I'll hafta eat you!" He ran for Remy but Kurt bamfed atop his thick head and covered his eyes, forcing Blob to run head first into the kitchen.

Magneto emerged from the dust and snow that was now flowing into the mansion through the large hole.

"X-Men!" he roared. "Your end is nigh!" He used his magnetic ability to push back Jean Grey and Wolverine but was not fast enough to push back Rogue or Remy.

Thankfully for Magneto, Mystique ran towards Remy and high-kicked him in the face. Toad meanwhile leapt up and grabbed Rogue by her ankles, tugging her to the ground and then spewing gunk on her ankles, weighing her down and plastering her to the floor.

"Ugh! Ya'll are gross, y'know that?"

She slammed her fist into Toad's fast, sending him flying and back out whence he came.

"This is... absolutely ridiculous!" Magneto roared to his children. "What was I thinking? Look at this! We are getting our asses handed to us! This must have been back when we had first formed-"

"About ten years after, actually." Wanda chimed in. "On Christmas eve you brought your team here to ruin the lives of the X-Men, and look what you did to your fellow mutants and teammates?"

Wanda was right, the beating was incredible. Though Mystique had one-upped Remy, she did not expect Beast to fall from the ceiling and bear-hug her into unconsciousness.

The Blob was getting his ass handed to him telepathically as Kurt kept his eyes covered and Jean pushed his mind into sleep-mode. Meanwhile Wolverine was naturally useless against Magneto, but with Cyclops and Gambit's help, he was blasted and pushed back out into the snow.

"You come here on Christmas Eve and expect us to be pushed over? You underestimate our training Magneto!" Scott shouted.

"I have indeed underestimated you! But I shall return and I shall be rid of you pesky X-men!" With that he threw his cape around him and called to his team.
"Brotherhood! Retreat! We shall come to conquer at another time!"

With that his team happily withdrew from the mansion.

"What sort of lesson is this?" Magneto from the present asked his children. They were smiling and giggling, seemingly having a blast.

"It's funny!" Wanda cackled.

"But... you are acting like insolent children!" He sputtered. "What is the meaning of this! Take me back immediately I wish to see no more!"

"As you wish!" Pietro winked. With that, they zipped back to Magneto's bed room and stared at him grinning, like Children of the Corn, while Magneto dusted himself off and crawled back into bed.

"Both of you need to leave! Now! I want no more of these dreams!"

They nodded in unison.
"As the clock strikes two..." Wanda said.
"Your next spirit shall visit." Together, hand-in-hand they zipped away.

Magneto shook his head after their disappearance. Grumbling, he returned to his slumber.

As the clock stuck one, Magneto woke up to a gun being pressed against his temple.

"Wake up Eric..." Mystique's voice said softly.

Magneto's eyes snapped open and he glanced to her, his muscles frozen stiff.

"You traitorous bitch!"

"Oh... Eric shut up. I'm your Ghost of Holiday Present." She said, rolling her eyes and putting the gun back in its holster.

"Holiday again... are you people avoiding something?" Magneto asked, smirking a bit.
"What do you want Raven?"

"I want to show you what your friend is doing." She said. "You friend Charles..."

"Are you serious? Raven, I don't need to-"

Before Magneto could finish Mystique threw a ball down on the ground and with a loud snap it began to hiss and smoke filled the room. Magneto coughed and pushed his hands around, trying to find Mystique.

"Raven!" He coughed out. "Raven!"

"Right here, Eric." She came up behind him and rubbed his back as she walked past. The smoke cleared and she pointed through it. They were in Xavier's office and Mystique's finger pointed straight at Charles himself, petting his cat.

"Here he is Eric... all his students have left the school for the holidays. Even Logan has a place to be this year... skiing with that bratty Summers boy I believe..."

Magneto frowned. "And you want to show me Charles? What do I care?"

But as he said this, he saw his old friend staring out the snow covered window, mindlessly petting his cat.

"You know... he has no brother, Cain is in prison, his pupils are all gone..."

"This is ludicrous! Raven, you don't care for them at all! Why are you showing me this!"

"Because you care Eric... you know you do."

As Magneto stared at his old friend who seemed so alone, so frail, he realized it was true. He did care for Charles Xavier.

"You know... he misses you. He misses your friendship, before you became enemies." Mystique whispered in his ear.

"Yes..." Eric said nodding. "We were good friends. We spent four Christmases together."

"Christmas you say?" Mystique asked winking.

"Well... they started as holiday parties, but honestly, the religious tone of the holiday didn't matter. It was that we were together." He smiled and turned to his blue friend.

"Good." She said. "You got that one faster than the last." She put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Magneto's eyes snapped open and he awoke in his bed.

"Stupid.... trigger happy.. bitch!" He threw his sheets off and went to the window. The Christmas lights were still glowing upon the community tree but all the brothers and sisters had gone to bed.

He rubbed the back of his neck and took ample steps into his chamber's bathroom.
He washed his face and drank some of the water out of his hands. As he took some long breaths, he looked into the mirror to see his shaken reflection. He sighed deeply and turned around to see in front of him the most terrifying sight he had ever seen.

It was Onslaught.

"Puny fool!" Onslaught grabbed Magneto by the throat and held him up towards the ceiling. "You think you are above the spirits!"

He threw his hands up and pushed the surprised Magneto through is own ceiling.

"What is the meaning of this! How're you here!?" He was confused and terrified. Onslaught laughed maniacally and threw him through the wall, forcing Magneto to roll on the floor and land beside his bed.

"You think you are changing the world for the good, but you are not attempting to be powerful! Power is the only way to bring change!"

"Of course, but your power is wrong!" Magneto insisted, trying to defend himself with a Magnetic shield. "Your power is... is too much!"

"So you acknowledge! You realize of course that I had to dispose of everyone to get here! The removal of all who love or support me!"

"No! That's not how you were formed! And you were destroyed-"

"WRONG! If you continue your path of mindless ignorance and evil, you will make me the happiest being on Earth. Why, you ask? Because I will re-form and be the only being left on Earth! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" His deep thunderous laugh exploded through the room.

"NO!" Magneto shouted. "No! NO! I cannot let that happen!"

"It's too late Magnus!" He stepped on Magneto's chest, breaking through his field. "I can't wait to see you kill your friends! Your family! Your children and your brothers and sisters!!"

"Noooooo!!!"

Eric tumbled out of his bed, covered in his sheets and comforter, and sweat.
"No!" his breathing was labored and his brow was wet.
"Where am I, what day is it!?!"

As he stood, he ran to the balcony window and threw the doors open. He pointed down to a passing brother.

"You! You there!" He looked up to the sky, scared, and looked again behind him. Still no Onslaught.

"Yessir?" Pyro called up.

"What day is it, boy!?" Magneto called to him anxiously.

"Wot day!? It's Christmas Day sir!"

"So I haven't missed it!?" Magneto said, clapping excitedly.

"Missed the day?" Pyro asked, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing! Go! Enjoy your turkey dinner!" he left the balcony, his red sheets furling in the wind like his cape would have.

"Uhm... it's 7 a.m.... sir?" Pyro said confused.

"Professor... this letter came..." Hank said as his big, grizzly, hairy-blue hand handed the letter to Xavier. It had the crest of Magneto in the hardened wax.

"Let's see..." Charles said, breaking the seal.

"Sir... it was delivered by Toad..."

"Toad?" Charles said stopping, a long brown eyebrow raised.

"He had a sign around his neck. It read T-R-O-O-S. Truce, I'm assuming." Hank smiled and chuckled, pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"Yes... well... let's have a look see."

He opened the letter, surprised to find inside a picture of himself and Eric, years ago, arm around each other, in front of a Christmas tree.
"Hank... would you believe it... Eric Lehnsherr gave me... a Christmas Card."

"Isn't that... isn't he-"

"It doesn't matter." Charles said, enjoying the signature and Christmas wish written in the familiar hand. "It's good to know my old friend is thinking of me." He smiled and put the Christmas card on his desk.

~The End~

((MORE EDITS TO COME BEFORE THIS HITS FANFIC.COM!))

[Edited on 28/1/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Happy Holidays everyone! And thank you Rowena for such a great challenge!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

hee. Toad amuses me way too much. Good job, Bman. :)
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

This was a really fun twist on a classic format! I'm so glad you liked the challenge! Great story, and thanks for entering! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Scroogalicious. You totally rock.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

THE FV&TTT HOLIDAY WRITING CHALLENGE!!! - A Mutant Christmas Carol

Post by steyn »

You know, seeing that Mags grew up Jewish, wouldn't it be 'A Mutant Hanukkah Dreidel' or 'A Mutant Hanukkah Latke' or something like that? Just think, he would have been visited by these spirits for eight straight nights. Remember, Mags is very hardheaded. Gonna take more than one night to get through to him.

Still a funny read though.