THE FV&TTT HOLIDAY WRITING CHALLENGE!!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone, and welcome to the Nightscrawlers FV&TTT Holiday Writing Challenge! :wave

They say the Holidays are a time for family togetherness, but that can go two ways. On the one hand, you’ve got the picture-perfect Norman Rockwell-style warm and happy holiday. On the other, you’ve got the kind of dysfunction and simmering resentment that provides the formula for all those twisted holiday comedy movie things that seem to come out at about this time.

The Writing Challenge for this particular holiday season is to write a holiday-themed Family Reunion story, dysfunctional or picture-perfect, it’s up to you. You can use any autumn/winter holiday from Thanksgiving (November 27) through Epiphany (January 6). This story can focus on a single X-Man or a single bad guy, or even on the X-Men or a group like the Brotherhood as a family in themselves. There are a lot of interesting choices here. For example, you’ve got Scott Summers and his space-faring parents, the mystery of Wolverine’s past, Colossus and his family—including his powerful sister, Magneto and his children, Xavier and his brother, and of course you’ve got Nightcrawler. What could be more dysfunctional and twisted than Nightcrawler’s family/families?

If you don’t feel like using one of the established X-Men or one of their enemies, another option is to come up with an original character. One of the most difficult things in the X-Men universe is having to face your parents once the mutations and powers manifest—or returning to face them after years of estrangement. What would your character’s mutations be? How would the family react to their child's manifestation or their return? It’s all up to you.

There is no page limit for this story. It can be as short or as long as you feel is right. The only limitation (aside from its holiday reunion theme) is that it must be completed and posted by or before the deadline in order to be eligible for the poll.

The Deadline for this Holiday Reunion Challenge is January 7, 2009. January 7 is the last day entries will be accepted. All entries must be in at or before midnight that night.

I hope you like this new challenge. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :tophat

:bamf

[Edited on 27/11/2008 by Rowena]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yay Row! Thanks for the interesting challenge as ever. I'll have to ponder :shifty.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

This is going to be fun. *jots down ideas*
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Yay!!! I'm really happy you're interested. If you think you might need the deadline extended, just let me know! :D

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I just entered some nonsense for the challenge.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I'm so excited! New fics! Not that I'll likely have time to read *sigh* but maybe in future.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

Today is the last day of this Holiday Challenge, so if anyone needs to finish up a story or post an entry, you've got the rest of the day to do it (unless you need an extension, in which case just let me know!) Tomorrow I plan to set up the Holiday Challenge Poll!

Thanks so much for your entries, and best of luck in the polls!

~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot