Halloween Writing Challenge: AND THE WINNER IS...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!!! :wave

Well, the poll is closed and the votes are in. All three entries were really excellent, and it was a very close run. Ultimately, the winner of this challenge, leading with 57.14% of the votes, is

....drumroll....

ELFDAME, for All's Fair...or, The Re-appearing Act

:party CONGRATULATIONS ELFDAME!!! :party

And thank you, neling4, for your two fantastic stories!

Stay tuned for an all new Holiday Writing Challenge, coming soon! And thanks again to the authors who entered this round!!!

:party

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Congrats, Elfdame!!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Thanks.

I have to be very honest and say I thought "A Portrait Of Kitty" was superior. "On The Threshold" was good, too, but I always favor humor over pathos; it's genetic or something.

And thank you to Rowena for issuing the challenge; I never can come up with ideas, so it's a good thing to spur me on. And my subscribers at Fanfiction.net look forward to new Crawlage, no matter how silly I get.

Wish I had more time to read everyone's Instances ... they seem to be very meaty and intriguing ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

:cry I didn't win.

Just kidding!

:clap Congratulations to Elfdame!!!

I realized later that I completely forgot to incorporate the Halloween theme into either of my stories. I was too engrossed in concocting them. So, just assume that both of my stories occurred on October 31! ;)

[Edited on 17/11/08 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

How cute! I had trouble working Halloween into my idea, but then decided they'd both dress up (which is really a pretty *loose* way of working it in) and it snowballed from there. I would like to make it even longer, but the novel is more important. I can still add to it after November, if the Lord gives me days.

I hope you'll post both of yours at fanfiction.net. I know a lot of people would find them enchanting! Let me know if you do and I'll tell my friends there to check 'em out!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."