Quick - Fic Challenge

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Quick - Fic Challenge

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I woke up mumbling. Sliding out of my sheets, but still remaining in the bed, I looked over and saw the clock. 8:10! I had twenty minutes to get to school now. The bus came at 8 on most days, and by most days I mean everyday except one, at least according to my records.

I got up and ran to the shower. I was late, always late! My homework, late, my payments, late! All my dad ever told me was I was too slow. I "embodied the sin of sloth". Rolling my eyes I thanked God or whoever he was at work early this morning and not here yelling at me in the shower.

I soaped up as quickly as possible. "Strange..." The bar seemed far less smaller when I was finished than when I began. "Whatever." I was already soaped up, so I rinsed off and jumped out. Throwing clothes on I ran down the hall and out the door. I saw a car drive slowly by my house. Hey, I thought, at least someone's respecting the speed limit around here. I shrugged the urge to run to school off and decided to simply jog. Getting there out of breath or having to stop half-way wasn't going to help me later in the day. Besides, jogging's good for your right?

As I jogged down the street I had the strangest sensation around me, as if I was pulsing. I must be out of shape... As I slowed down I felt my heart rate speed up as well. "What the heck?" I stopped short to let my heart catch up with the rest of me when suddenly a large burst of wind came from behind me, nearly knocking me off my feet. It wasn't windy when I first went out... and I lived in Lowell, Massachusetts. It wasn't really windy here...

I turned around and was terrified at what I saw. There was a large crack in the sidewalk speedily racing towards me. It was splitting the sidewalk in half and on both sides of the crack cars, mailboxes, people, dogs, all seemed to be flipping over, floating for moments before being sent back a few feet. The crack looked almost hot, like something was melting into the sidewalk. "What the hell!" I began to ran away from the crack, feeling my heart rate slow down finally. Why did it slow down as I ran? No time, gotta go! As I ran away the crack seemed to only get closer.

"Ahh!" I screamed. Was it the end of the world!? "Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmygod!" I decided to see if the crack was actually following me or if I was just stupidly running in its path. I quickly cut to the right and ran into Mrs. Motta's house. The old woman was sitting on her chair with her cat when I burst through the door.

"Hithankyousorry!" I yelled as I went by her. As I ran the crack followed, throwing Mrs. Motta aside with her cat, the house splitting in half, and some of the carpet even catching on fire. "Ohmygod!" as I turned back a large fist grabbed my head.

"Stop." The voice said. "Stop moving." I looked up to see man in a large purple and red helmet, his eyes barely visible beneath the shadow of it. His body was wrapped around a large red cape.

"Who are you!?" I screamed. "What's going on!?"
"I am here to help you. You are a mutant now Colin. You've evolved, become better than anyone could ever imagine. You are an unstoppable force if you need to be and from now on people will be afraid of you and what you've become." He pointed behind me and as I turned around I saw the destruction of the neighborhood.
"Oh no!" He spun my head back around to him. "What do I do now?!" I cried to him.
"You come with me Colin." He smiled placing his hand on my shoulder. "You come with me and you will never have to worry about being late again. No longer will man control you or tell you are not good enough."

"What do I call you?" I asked him, tears in my eyes.
"You can call me Magneto."

~End?~

[Edited on 20/5/08 by Ult_Sm86]

[Edited on 21/5/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Quick - Fic Challenge

Post by steyn »

Dun dun duuunnn