need help from anyone familiar with behind scenes of tv talk shows

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

As I write my April/May challenge, I need some help describing the processes involved while waiting in a green room. I'm so outta the loop anymore that I don't even have a tv, much less know if they still have those waiting rooms, nor what they call the assistants, etc.

Any soul kind enough to be willing to give me some clues, please post to thread and I'll U2U with some specific questions. Thanks.

PS - I put this thread in this forum since it pertains to efforts writing Crawlerfic; if it belongs elsewhere, please, mods, redirect it to the correct place. Danke.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I've been in a green room - I used to go on the news quite a lot. :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

PAWS IS A CELEBRITY!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

:P

I went on the local midday news every other week for a couple of years, and have done other news spots etc for the animal shelter. The closest I come to 'celebrity' status was that one of the newsclips I was in got shown on 'Real TV' which was a highly unflattering pose of my rump up in the air chasing after ducklings that were running through traffic (we'd corralled them in an apartment building's lawn). Momma duck followed us by flying above (me, the ducklings and the news crew) as we walked them in a crate to the nearby water. It was cute with her quacking away and the little ones peeping, only the runt of them could squish between the bars so it required me periodically putting the crate down and pelting after the little one to stuff him back in the crate. I simply didn't have enough hands to cover the crate front and carry it (big heavy dog one. Boy did I regret bringing it).

Anyways, it was cool. The only thing that happened as a result was that I had people recognising me while I did my shopping or what not and stopped me to ask me (or harrass me) about all sorts of SPCA stuff.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Yay for celebrity duck herding.
Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
The only thing that happened as a result was that I had people recognising me while I did my shopping or what not and stopped me to ask me (or harrass me) about all sorts of SPCA stuff.
Kind of like how if you tell people you're in veterinary school they say: "I was going to be a vet" and then follow it up with some veterinary nightmare story and then ask what would you do?

Like I know. I'm just a student.

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

From my experience, television and theater green rooms are pretty uneventful. Depending on the production schedule, you may have caterers running in and out, but most of what goes on in there is a great big game of hurry up and wait. And maybe munch on refreshments.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven