Suicide King

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Suicide King

Post by wingyding »

Not nightcrawler, but X-men. feel free to move it if need be.

The King of Hearts. Somehow, at the moment, it seemed more than a card, more than just one of fifty-two parts. It was a whole, a singular thing. And from Remy, it was even more than that.

It was a love letter, with no words, no signature, no addressee.

Just the sentiment, tangible only for the people that knew both parties. All of them felt it, felt the heartbreaking sense of loss. For the one they'd all felt was invulnerable to death. She'd always seemed so full of life, so inexplicably there for everyone, no matter what their troubles.

But not now. There was no plot, no headstone, no body. Nothing to touch, to see and grieve over.

There was only the King of Hearts, tacked to the bulletin board. No one had the heart to take it down, even as it grew more worn, torn and creased around the edges, faded in the center where the same two fingers were always pressed. Always, every day.

Remy himself was faring far worse than his card. He had taken Rogue's death hardest, walking about aimlessly, in the places she'd used to frequent. The Rec Room, where no one dared sit in her usual spot, the chair that was faded and broken in, the kitchen where she'd always had fresh coffee and muffins on weekend mornings.

He looked detached, as if he were looking at things, but not truly seeing them, like a blind ghost. The edges of his face had grown deceptively sharp, all angles and planes, no more of the charm that seemed to ooze from him. The slim face that had conveyed such quick, easy charm no longer seemed to hold any.

Like water through a sieve, his bravado and easy confidence had fled him, dissipating into nothing, stopping for no one to gather it and try to catch it, preserve it in the vain hope that all of this was a terrible lie, a mistake. For all of them, the world proved itself cruel and unforgiving. Those that had weathered even the most horrible things, the worst abuse, found they couldn't believe it.

But the King of Hearts is always the suicide King. Always.

One day, after a length of time no one would measure, the card was gone. The King of Hearts that had weathered such emotion, shouldered all the burden of loss, was taken down, the little space it had occupied left conspicuouly, curiously empty.

Less than a day later, there was a new, polished headstone in the little cemetery that, by necessity, resided at Xavier's.

Somewhere in a heaven most of the students were sure couldn't exist, there was a ray of singularly calming happiness, so enduring and everlasting that even the God that seemed so malicious, so uncaring and heartless to his own children, would not extingush it.

There was a new card on the bulletin board the next morning, that no one had put up.

The Ace of Hearts is unbroken, the purest of the suit. It cannot be destroyed.

A/N: Yes, it's an AU, kind of emo, but y'all will get over it. I in no way own/influence Marvel comics or the characters and melieux therein. Yadda Yadda. :P
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Suicide King

Post by Esynthia »

ZOMG! I totally cried >< ofc, I've had a shitty day, so my emotions are haywire anyway, but damnit woman! killing my fandom!

on another note, wonderfully written :)
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Suicide King

Post by steyn »

*wibble* Rogue's dead?
Dämon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Suicide King

Post by Dämon »

:puppy Awww.....That was some seriously beautiful narrative there, wingyding!
"I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know." -J.R.R. Tolkein
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Suicide King

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Awesome story wingy! Beautifully written. You should post it other places too :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Suicide King

Post by Elfdame »

Too many wondrous phrases to quote. I snuck over here taking a break from my ScriptFrenzy trash, and read this lovely piece.

Oy. My stuff stinks by comparison.

But I'm glad I read it. So touching. I second the motion that it should be posted elsewhere for others to enjoy. Along with cyberKleenex.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Suicide King

Post by wingyding »

lol, cyberKleenex? it's not that bad. It's certainly not that good.

As for posting it elsewhere, well...the jury's still out on that.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Suicide King

Post by Bobj1 »

You bad person killing off Rogue like that. Just kidding good writing!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Suicide King

Post by Elfdame »

It certainly should be at fanfiction.net. Totally.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Suicide King

Post by Esynthia »

She's put it on GambitGuild.com :D I was happy about that. lol
ImageImage

Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Suicide King

Post by Bobj1 »

GambitGuild? Remy has a website? Im so confused! I didn't think he was so popular!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Suicide King

Post by Esynthia »

He has more than one website - Remy has a huge fanbase. me being one of his fans. I'm very nearly obsessed with him.

[Edited on 6/5/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Suicide King

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

www.gambitguild.com is the one we're refering to. :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.