Absence thread

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Absence thread

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I'm going to visit family from July 30th to August 10th. Those are the dates I got today, anyway. I'll be taking my laptop, but depending on how often I'm at my aunt's will determine how much I'm online.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

UNACCEPTABLE!

Have fun! :D:D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Absence thread

Post by Starfish »

I'll be off to party in a field in northern Germany from Tuesday (July 28th) to Sunday (August 2nd). Specifically, I'll be there: http://www.wacken.com/ :bounce
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Absence thread

Post by Elwing »

Yess! Have fun fish!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Absence thread

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

I figured I should pop in here and mention I'm going to be flying to LA early tomorrow morning for a book-writing conference I've been preparing for the last few months. I have two original stories I really want to try to get noticed--a picture book and a strange sci-fi book that's more for high school readers. I'm going to be in LA until around Wednesday. I don't know if I'll have much computer access there, so if anyone has any questions about the writing contest or any new entries to post, I'll be back to read and reply/comment either Wednesday or Thursday.

Wish me luck!!! :D

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Absence thread

Post by Elfdame »

LUCK!!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Absence thread

Post by Slarti »

Sweet, Rowena! Good luck!

Also, I'll be pretty much out until next week myself. Vacation in Texas and a mini Scrawler-con is planned!

Play nice, kids. :shifty
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Absence thread

Post by Esynthia »

Slarti wrote: Also, I'll be pretty much out until next week myself. Vacation in Texas and a mini Scrawler-con is planned!
:eeevil

Also, much luck, Rowena!!!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Absence thread

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Well whaddaya know, I checked this post out of curiosity of the title and it's exactly the thing I needed.

I'll be leaving for a small family holiday at some point today (as it's by car there's no fixed time) and will be back on Sunday. Not that my absence would have been that noticeable, seeing as I'm new and am still beginning to make myself known, but I think it's polite to tell people if you're not going to be around for a few days anyway.

I'll probably drop by before I leave, but I'm not setting that on stone.

See ya!!!
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Absence thread

Post by Elfdame »

Have fun, and I"ll try to have more of my Challenge Fic posted before you get back. (yeah, sure)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Absence thread

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Elfdame wrote:Have fun, and I"ll try to have more of my Challenge Fic posted before you get back. (yeah, sure)
Sooo..... do you have more if your Challenge Fic posted? Because I'm you know, back. ;)
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Absence thread

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Hey, I'll be gone for about a week and a half, starting today. I may or may not have internet access; if I do, I will probably not be spending my time on Nightscrawlers. I will probably update my fanfic sometime soon after I get home!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Absence thread

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:Hey, I'll be gone for about a week and a half, starting today. I may or may not have internet access; if I do, I will probably not be spending my time on Nightscrawlers. I will probably update my fanfic sometime soon after I get home!
Have fun, wherever you go!
~Twitch~

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Absence thread

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Sorru I've been gone. I sort of broke our computer horribly. I was looking up guitar chords, and I made a bit of a slip-up. :D
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Absence thread

Post by Jeremus »

I'll see ya'll in 8 days....( unless the internet guy screws everything up!)
Of course this week there will probably be a lot of cool stuff going on.lol
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Absence thread

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Hey, just came in to apologise for my disappearance from the forums. Work has been hectic these weeks and I barely have time to hang around the internet. Sadly, the situation won't change much until at least November, so while I will try to log in once in a while I can't promise anything.

Hope to "see" you soon!
~Twitch~

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Absence thread

Post by JSherlock »

Ok, I am STILL getting kicked off the internet, like, every 5-10 minutes.

But then again, I heard the mother of all rats/raccoons. wtf is up in the attic scrambling through my walls and ceiling...so something might have chewed on something it wasn't supposed to. I'll have a chat with dad about it. Until, then I'll be further MIA. :(
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Esynthia »

:bawl! get it fixed asap, JS! we miss you!
ImageImage

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Absence thread

Post by Jeremus »

Library's closed most of next week for "inventory". They've never had to close the library before for inventory.....so I'm thinking they're going for a long weekend vacation. I've been reassured however, that they will indeed be working very hard. So I'll be deprived of computer access for most of next week.:hrumph

(The more I think about it, the more I think I should have posted this on the coffee thread.)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Absence thread

Post by neling4 »

Inventory??? I've never heard of a library doing inventory before either, and I worked in libraries for many years.

It sounds like an excuse for librarian vacations to me.

Maybe they are all going on a tropical cruise together.

If they come back tanned, you'll know why. ;)

[Edited on 20/2/10 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, my local library did an "inventory" check recently, and it was to receive funding from the state stimulus thing, so they had to account for their books and stuff.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Absence thread

Post by wingyding »

I'll be away from the fifth of March to the thirteenth.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Absence thread

Post by JackSkulls »

Stealing Matt's login again.

I posted in the ass thread about it, but I figured I'd post here too. My computer is dead, so I have no idea how often I'll be on until it's fixed or I get a new laptop. I'll probably be able to use my mom's some and Matt's if he's nice.
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So, gang.

I will be in Flagstaff, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada from April 25th thru June 1st.

For anyone who will be missing me in game, .... sorry. Brother's wedding, can't miss.

For anyone missing me on the boards... aw, who'm I kidding, no one likes my posts here! :toothy

Seriously though, Teagan's on a road trip with Pietro, and Julie is chilling out at the mansion, so feel free to move her a chess piece where needed, if needed. I'll drop by sometime, a night or so before the wedding, to say hi, maybe instance one game.

Have a swell week!!!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Esynthia »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:So, gang.

I will be in Flagstaff, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada from April 25th thru June 1st.

For anyone who will be missing me in game, .... sorry. Brother's wedding, can't miss.

For anyone missing me on the boards... aw, who'm I kidding, no one likes my posts here! :toothy

Seriously though, Teagan's on a road trip with Pietro, and Julie is chilling out at the mansion, so feel free to move her a chess piece where needed, if needed. I'll drop by sometime, a night or so before the wedding, to say hi, maybe instance one game.

Have a swell week!!!
You mean *May* 25th? LOL. have fun dude.
ImageImage