Prince Caspian

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Prince Caspian

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It seems the next part in the Chronicles of Narnia is finally here.

Prince Caspian hits theaters this summer! AND IT LOOKS GOOD! What do you guys think?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Prince Caspian

Post by wingyding »

Can't wait. I love Prince Caspian, it's one of my very favorites in the chronicles, next to Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

The casting looks wonderful, and it's really great that you can see the age differences so well in the kids from the first movie. I'll have to watch it with sound back at home, still no headphones at school.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Prince Caspian

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Checked the trailer a while ago, looked better then the first one which I personally didn't like.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah the first one seemed watered down a bit. I expect a lot out of this one and I don't want to be let down. When does Ripacheep come in?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Prince Caspian

Post by littlebamf »

Reep's in the Dawn Treader, my favourite of the books. That should be made next, then the Silver Chair and if they do it the Last Battle.

Can't wait for Caspian!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Prince Caspian

Post by Ferguson »

He should be in this one too. Heard that Eddie Izzard is doing his voice too which I simply cannot wait to see.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Prince Caspian

Post by littlebamf »

Really? Hmm, I heard he wasn't, but woo if he is!!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I would LOVE it if izzard did Ripacheep!
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Prince Caspian

Post by wingyding »

What about the Hose and His Boy, and The Magician's Nephew? Any word on the same studio doing those too? Cause I really like the Horse and His Boy.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So far walden media is saying the'll do 'em all. (Same as Disney.) I liked the Magicians' Nephew as well. Origin stories are always interesting.
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Prince Caspian

Post by german_gremlin »

I agree! I think that they should do them all..in order! I love the Silver Chair:worship
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Prince Caspian

Post by JSherlock »

I can't wait for Dawn Treader, my personal favorite. :D

This had damn well be as good as the trailer promises.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Prince Caspian

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Well, it's out now. I liked it all right, and may I say that EDDIE IZZARD KICKED BUTT!!!! Seriously, that man is a genius.

Anyone else seen it?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Prince Caspian

Better than the first one.

I was surprised of the darkness of the movie and having no anticipation whatsoever the whole assassination scene in the beginning surprised me totally.

I enjoyed it, hopefully they keep it on the same level for the next one.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Prince Caspian

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Agreed. While a absolutely adored Mr. Tumnus in the first one, that was about the only reason I liked it. I liked this one a whole lot better. It had a more grown-up tone to it.
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Angelique »

i did not like Prince Caspian better precisely because the tone was just a little too grown up. While I don't expect or even want a movie adaptation to be completely faithful to the original book, I found the addition of the flirtation between Caspian and Susan and the way the movie tried to model the Telmarines after Spanish conquistadors when the book never did quite unnecessary.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Prince Caspian

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Oh, I hated the whole Susan and Caspian thing. It was aweful. The battles were cool, though, and some of the more witty dialogue was enjoyable.

I suppose it was a bit too grown up, though. I sort of missed the majesty and mystery of the first one.

Did they really change the look of Aslan for this one?
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Prince Caspian

OctoberHoliday wrote:
Did they really change the look of Aslan for this one?
Not sure what you mean with changing the look, Aslan is still a lion. Of course CGI is getting better and better by the year so they might have been able to make the Caspian Aslan look more real and rugged, I myself didn't notice any difference.
Amatheya
Lubber
Lubber

Prince Caspian

Post by Amatheya »

I think the point of the flirting between Susan and Caspian was intended to show that Susan was becomming a grown up more than any of the others. Also in the horse and his boy there is the suggestion (or I remember it being hinted at) that she was a bit of a flirt and received a lot of attention from guys. I quite liked that aspect but then I like the idea that the movies get older with the characturs. In the books Narnia does lose a lot of its magic and innocense as it goes on.
I wanna run away with the circus :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Celibate characters in fantasy adventure stories are boring.
Plain and simple, that's why they did it.
Amatheya
Lubber
Lubber

Prince Caspian

Post by Amatheya »

Or it could be what ^^^ said! lol
I wanna run away with the circus :)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Angelique »

Amatheya wrote: In the books Narnia does lose a lot of its magic and innocense as it goes on.
Which is another reason why the flirtation was unnecessary. Besides, Lewis didn't write Prince Caspian to appeal to adult fantasy fans.

And anyway, I always imagined Caspian to be more than just 1300 years younger than Susan anyway. ;)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Prince Caspian

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Celibate characters in fantasy adventure stories are boring.
Plain and simple, that's why they did it.
Then why was Lord of the Rings so popular? Most of the characters were celibate, even the ones involved in the tedious long-distance romantic subplot.

I remember being SHOCKED as a kid by the dark bloodiness of the last book. Don't remember anything about Prince Caspian for some odd reason. I think it was my third least favourite after The Last Battle (disturbing + crappy story) and The Magician's Nephew (plain boring).
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Prince Caspian

Post by Angelique »

The Last Battle was only disturbing if you missed the whole ending.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Prince Caspian

Post by Elfdame »

The Last Battle is my favourite of the 7. I read it about once a year as a pick-me-up.

I too felt the Caspian/Susan thing in "Prince Caspian" movie was contrived, but they had also made him older in the movie, so ... whatev. And in _Last Battle_, the point IS made that Susan wanted to act like a grown-up (not necessarily mature into one), so in that sense it could be foreshadowing that concept of her trying on the "woman" role.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."