Heros

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Heros

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I just realised we do not have a thread for this show, which is absurd. What's everyone thinking? I'm enjoying it, but honestly it jumped the shark just a tad after all that happened with Claire and Syler and all that jazz. I'm a tad less interested but I think thats because I HATE Peter Petrelli and this new direction is focusing on him alot.

Discuss!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Heros

Post by idsunki »

It hasn't jumped the shark yet, you so crazy.

So if you haven't seen the show yet - http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

All the episodes available to view, free of charge, quite legal. Brilliant!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Heros

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ooooh. Thank you for the link Id...I had missed the first couple, so I never bothered watching the rest of it. Now I can! (like I need another addiction though :P

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Heros

Post by Garble »

I'm digging it.

The problem with focusing on Peter is that his motivation is kind of fuzzy. He's the Keanu character just wandering around going "Whoah, all this stuff is so crazy! I just feel like I'm supposed to do something, you know?" Even Claire is better defined than him.

Hiro is my favorite but I'm also really impressed with Niki's sub-storyline. It's got a lot of twists, and it feels more personal than the whole Sylar thing.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

Peter also has that Sylvester Stallone side mouth. It drives me nuts. But I think you're right about why he's not so great. He's the character who draws everyone together, yet he's such a shallow character. As well, the actor is pretty lame.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Heros

Post by Saint Kurt »

I've been downloading this show on iTunes and I love it. I've turned my study group onto it as well and we sometimes would watch an episode as a break.

The proof that the whole vet school was addicted was when our pathology professor put "Find the cheerleader, Save the world" on the top of one of our exam and the whole class got it.

-e
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Heros

Post by steyn »

The main thing I think that Peter is like that is because he's a sponge, not only does his power only work when he's with another character, but his acting only works better when he's with another character. And that's why all the characters has to end up near him.

SUPER HIRO!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Heros

Post by Ferguson »

I am so very addicted to Heroes. And yeah, I could live with them not focusing on Peter so much but I get the idea that they are trying to present him as some kind of Everyman to relate to.

And that Professor is awesome SK!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

I'm actually a big Claire fan. I love her!! Even if she's becoming Hillary Duff. I'd like to learn more about the Haitian as well.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Heros

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

viewthread.php?tid=6206

Heroes.

Yes, I like it though what I dont like is to wait a week between every episode.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Heros

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I am a Heroes addict as well. I like Peter, unlike the rest you. He just wants to help everyone else. The only other that is really selfless is Hiro. I love him too. Great show!!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

Ooooo anyone watch last night?! The plot....it thickens!! I am PUMPED about the revelation about Claire's bio-dad. I bet it totally....

SPOILERS

.....shot all the Peter/Claire shippers out there in the foot. Not that them already shipping an adult and a minor would stop them from shipping incest that is...

:shifty

[Edited on 6/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Heros

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Man, the show is just getting better and better....... you have to be pretty heartless to kill your own mom...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Heros

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by Bamfing_Bob
you have to be pretty heartless to kill your own mom...
"SPOILER" tag would be nice, before you post a kind of spoiler.

He didnt mean to kill his mom, it was an accident.

This episode was a bit boring. Last episode was cool though, hopefully the next one is better.

[Edited on 9/5/2007 by Crocodile Hunter]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Heros

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Well I didn't say whom... but ok. SPOILER!!!!! But the whole painting of the blood was over the top. That's no accident... Yeah, next one's gonna rock!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

Post by Angelique »

Weird question that several episodes ago brought to my mind. When Hiro and Ando speak among themselves, they speak Japanese.

When Mohinder's back home with his relatives in Madras, they speak... English? Why not Malayalam?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Heros

Post by steyn »

Yeah, I've been wondering about that one too.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Heros

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Hmm.... the world may never know.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Heros

Post by stjohn »

Maybe the actors don't speak that language? They are American actors after all. ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

Post by Ferguson »

I assumed that to be the case too. They could have gotten a language coach on set though. Maybe they spent too much of the budget on effects for that.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Heros

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, can't spare a grand to teach a few people another language...
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Heros

Post by idsunki »

Maybe they used to work at call centers before they became professors?

(I'll be here all week, different show every night, don't forget to tip your waitress, you've all been lovely)
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Heros

Post by Ferguson »

Oooh, that one hurt.

:LMAO
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Heros

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Angelique
Weird question that several episodes ago brought to my mind. When Hiro and Ando speak among themselves, they speak Japanese.

When Mohinder's back home with his relatives in Madras, they speak... English? Why not Malayalam?

My GOD! You're right! The glaring inconsistancy! How COULD they?!

Clearly the show isn't as good as we thought folks. I'm cancelling my iTunes subscription until Mohinder starts speaking a real Indian dialect on the show.*

-e

* In case it wasn't glaringly obvious: That was friendly sarcasm with no harm intended to the original poster, iTunes, Nightscrawlers, or Heroes. I think it's a cool show and hey ... I found it first.** :D

** Okay, well 2nd since I found out about it on the Daily Breakfast podcast before I posted the original thread.***

*** Not that any of this matters since it's just TV.****

**** Oh, and have a good day. It's sunny out and finals are over.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Heros

Post by Garble »

My guess is that the actors who play Hiro and Ando actually do know Japanese and the actor that plays Mohinder does not speak Tamil.

A wiki search (which is where I got that Mohinder would speak "Tamil" says that English is quite commonly spoken in the area where his University is set. So while it's not really consistent, it's not beyond reason.

...Another wiki search reveals that Masi Oka (Hiro) was born in Japan and moved to the U.S. when he was six, whereas James Kyson Lee (Ando) was born in South Korea, and Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder) was born in the US.
I can't find anything that confirms their respective familiarities with languages.